dawg

Eye witness accounts of the spirit world

Hi there,

I was told by a friend, that is gone now... That when he would go on an OBE. That he would look at his self in the mirror and it was amazing. This is as you say. You look kind of like yourself, but more beautiful. He also told me, if I got the chance to look at my hands and feet. Do you know what he meant?

I was also told there is a beautiful city built. And that there are people that look just like us, and higher beings, also. I have only got to go twice on my own and talk to two regular people, and i have to say they did just look like anyone you would see on the street.

But there was someone there talking to a man I could not see. And the man I could see said to the other, I couldn't see. "Where did you get this one?" And it was said kinda funny.... I have to add. I have had a presence of something in my home for over a year now.

I can smell it, and it has a smell of nothing I have ever smelled before. Not bad, not good. Just different... I have talked to it through pendulum work, which I don't mess with anymore. Long story. And he told me he is a fallen Angel, and that they take many brides, but only one queen. And I have been being watched ever since...

Any ideas on any of this, I would sure appreciate it. There is more to the story. But i would feel better on a pm if you don't mind. If you do, anything you have to say would be greatly appreciated...

I want to add. I brought attention to myself through a Ouija board a couple of years ago, when this all started. And I pray, and read my Bible. I seem to be drawn to this type of communication. Rather I wanted it or not. Because I got ride of that board, and all things, that have to do with that type of thing along time ago. And my body would go to the astral plain on it's own. I would wake up just vibrating, and watching myself from above, this is one of the reasons. I came looking to this site for some understanding...

So anyways, If you might have some ideas for me... Thank you, and you can PM if you don't mind... Melanie

Hello goonis38

I will reply to your comment by PM sometime tomorrow... I want to give your comment some thought before I reply... and I am going offline now.

Metta,

In a few more days I am going to begin my drive to San Antonio and am going to stay with my brother and his wife for a little while at first. I am looking forward to this cause my brother and I are best friends. Only thing I feel a little uncomfortable with is that his new appartment that he got is very close to a cemetary. Anyone know of measures I can take to keep the "neighbors" away lol.

I have found that setting up a perimeter of terra cotta warriors has worked well for me in the past. I have really no idea what they were for from an archeological point of view, but if they were used for spiritual protection I would not be supprised because they have worked well for me in this role.

Mel, I think in your case you should find experts (what I mentioned before) to deal with this issue.

The computer analogy is neat because it speaks to us today (well, maybe many of us) but what analogies were being used when (if) computers were not around as a public concepts/examples for particular teachings?

Any "history of discourse" folks around?

BTW, other "computer" analogies suggest things like "garbage in - garbage out", "mono-tasking", "memory overload". And are also presently tending towards stuff like "quantum processing", "paralell processing", there's a big list. Pick whatever suits.

I'm not a computer :wub: But the late test of Turing (suicide, wasn't it?) would probably not pick up on that.

Oh, he "was" also a homosexual . From Wikipedia "...he accepted treatment with female hormones (chemical castration) as an alternative to prison."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing

Definitely you are not alone.:)

I was shaking my head at the "memories of birth" of a premature baby placed in the incubator and comparing them to my own... wow, what fun it must be to belong to the species of baby dawg describes! but unfortunately, a premature human baby is not this lucky. For starters, the neocortex which does our conceptual thinking for us is not there yet, it is simply not formed anatomically at birth... so stories of what one thought about when being born are akin to a story of, e.g., growing a beard at three days of age and mom complaining about the stubble interfering with nursing. The beard machinery is not there yet... and the conceptualizing machinery is not there yet. That's human. Some other species may be born with a cranium-full of abstract ideas about its experiences of the moment, but not ours. Regardless of whether you remember your past lives or not, in this-here life you are born feeling, not thinking.

Feeling, on the other hand, is present full blast at birth, more so than in an adult -- not only all the machinery for it is already there but much of it is cranked up to intensity later unavailable to adults or even babies three months old. And none of it is mediated with neocortical ideation and conceptualization that disperses its intensity in adults. What kind of machinery?.. E.g., the retinas of the newborn baby are ten times more sensitive to light than those of an adult (which makes the "bright light in the room" mentioned by dawg an intensely traumatic experience in real retrieved memories of birth, of which I've witnessed a couple hundred, besides my own. One of the ways we screw up our species is by allowing birth into bright lights, something that never happens to natural/indigenous humans). On top of that, the retinas of a premature baby are ten times more sensitive to light than those of a full term baby. (Dawg, let me guess... your current eyesight is not 20/20, am I correct?..)

Now then. When they cut the umbilical cord, the feeling experience is invariably that of suffocating. Again, natural humans don't do that, allowing the baby's own circulation to gain momentum before it will be separated from the mother's. The abrupt cutting of the umbilical cord and the horrible feeling of dying because one can't breathe right after being born is behind all subsequent suicidal activities known to man that involve the cutting off of air, unconsciously aimed at replicating the conditions of the unresolved original life-and-death trauma in order to resolve it. On top of that, in a premature baby, a special foam-like fluid that is released by the lungs a couple of days before full-term birth so as to soften the impact of air hitting this infinitely tender organ not yet accustomed to it is not formed yet. Which is why my earliest memory, the real one, is of breathing in what felt like coarsely crushed glass.

And so on... And particularly because I have real memories and have helped other people retrieve them, I'm having a hard time with dawg's contributions of pretty fairy tales... The harm of these tales (not dawg's alone, of course, I mean the cumulative harm from all such tales) is tremendous. If we don't realize that we horribly traumatize our children by all the methods we utilize to "help" them into this world, the obliviousness will never end, and the cruelest abuse of the most vulnerable and dependent of humans, newborn babies, will never stop... and because the effects of a traumatic birth are permanently damaging and body-and-soul-altering, and someone has seen to it that every single modern birth is traumatic, we will never recover from our predicament.

Imagine the typical american "BOY" who is born and has to get circumcised... If having the cord cut

is pretty bad, think about the pain of getting your pecker landscaped. I'm not sure I want those memories

Imagine the typical american "BOY" who is born and has to get circumcised... If having the cord cut

is pretty bad, think about the pain of getting your pecker landscaped. I'm not sure I want those memories

Really sorry about that, and agree that it's very traumatic (not as much as traumatic birth though... has to do with the earliest events having the greatest impact. The earlier, the greater. Birth is the biggest life-and-death event in anyone's life, and all that happens in the process creates the kind of systemic memories that are known to biologists as imprinting, or to taoists as "carvings on the uncarved block," which are, in the unnatural birth scenario, deep and painful, and quite permanent.) Even though I'm not a boy, I do have some idea, I worked with three guys who were sorting out this particular trauma at the time.

The reason one "wants" conscious memories is that unconscious ones are there anyway (if you had to live through it, the systemic memory is there, "everything" in you remembers -- except for the neocortex. Which will proceed to try to explain the inexplicable feelings hitting it from below by concocting an ideation system... a series of fairy tales designed to make sense of real events of your early life which a traumatically disconnected mind is unable to find real-life context for, because it doesn't remember this context.) The problem is that while remaining unconscious, traumatic memories push your buttons for you without your consciousness having a clue as to what's going on and why. People turn into puppets pulled by the strings of their own unconscious early developmental memories which never stop to pull and push for resolution and reconnection to consciousness, i.e. for "wholeness." Once connected to consciousness and lived through, traumatic memories lose much of their traumatic impact on the rest of your body, your psyche, and ultimately your destiny. That's the reason people like me who have some experience with the dynamics of the process of reconnecting fragmented memories into a conscious whole maintain that conscious memory is "everything" -- the alpha and omega of emotional, mental, and physical health.

And in Theravada meditation, the physical body is considered loathsome and disgusting, so that when you die, you will not want another body and be tempted to reincarnate...

Metta,

Tashi Delegs...

It's also different from Vajrayana where one can manifest from the realization of "emptiness" or infinite potential... meritorious re-births that are based entirely upon the intention of helping others with "metta" or compassion. For a Vajrayana practitioner the goal is not merely Nirvana, or escape from psychological suffering, but total mastery over the power of manifesting for the sake of endless sentient beings. The physical body is only loathsome when one doesn't manifest it as an instrument of pleasurable service. If one utilizes the body merely as a vessel of selfish desire than problems occur due to this experiential concept of non-connection and attachment to individuality as ultimate.

Mucho Metta!

p.s. Yes, I have been to and have experienced directly many of the different realms discussed in various scriptures. Indeed, I do agree with most everything I have read here from you. Blessings on your journey!

Edited by Vajrahridaya

When the Samboghakaya or body of spiritual joy is cultivated sufficiently, the Nirmanakaya or physical manifestation of "that" also originates dependent upon the deep mental realizations of dependent origination/emptiness as an existence of joy, pleasure, service, and a reflection of the transcendent bliss of liberation as a realizable joy of the here and now through the body, even while defecating, eating, making love... etc. I think this type of attitude does not take root in a practitioner until they are ready for the Tantric path of transformation though.

A friend of mine who went through a form of shamanic awakening used to multi-task all the time when it came to the spirit realms. He would be typing on the computer talking to people while doing exorcisms and astral healings.

• Like 1

Hey Dawg

I had a question about something you had mentioned, and something I have been pondering. You said you don't get angry anymore, but isn't anger sometimes necesarry? I mean if someone is trying to do you wrong, then sometimes you sort of need to get angry. I have been pondering boundries, and dealing with difficult people the last few days, and have also been pondering what the best and not so best responses and reactions are. In TMC the organ that is said to generate anger is the liver. I would thank that if that is an emotion that we and most animals have, then there is a reason for it. We have fear as a self preservation thing. Would not anger thus serve a purpose. I ask because I feel that I have not, and probably do not really get as angry as I should a lot of the time, and due to this I feel that people take advantage of me. I sometimes wish that I could get more pissed off when people do me wrong and just go off on them so they would back off. So I'm not even sure if never getting angry is such a good thing. I know that staying angry, and/or getting angry inappropriately is not good, but never??

In my opinion it is better to be assertive than angry. When people get angry they lose sight of truth and make mistakes.

I agree, I have a difficult time separating the two sometimes...

Hi Dawg,

I have really enjoyed your posts, but...

Don't you think you're focusing solely on concentrative techniques and not insight? Also it is my understanding that enlightenment is insight into the nature of reality and not the power to "do anything" necessarily.

Just 2 cents...

Hello Lucky7Strikes,

Thanks for your comment,

A good point... I agree that enlightenment is insight into the nature or reality... then I would add that the power to "do anything" is just a by product of that insight into reality... that you know how everything works so you could manipulate "realities"... but the question then is, "would you want to ?"

I could also describe enlightenment as a single point of Teflon coated non-stick awareness, with insight into the nature or reality... swimming in a sea (unlimited, unbounded) of pure energy (bliss).

Metta,

I agree, I have a difficult time separating the two sometimes...

The Hun is also called the ethereal Soul

Hun is related to ability to be resolute, to plan and have creative drive and assertiveness. When the Liver is out of balance in excess for instance, this becomes anger.

I found this at http://www.sacredlotus.com/theory/zangfu/liver.cfm

I guess I need to work more on my liver.

Edited by dmattwads

The Hun is also called the ethereal Soul

Hun is related to ability to be resolute, to plan and have creative drive and assertiveness. When the Liver is out of balance in excess for instance, this becomes anger.

I found this at http://www.sacredlotus.com/theory/zangfu/liver.cfm

I guess I need to work more on my liver.

In Buddhist thought, it is said that when the mind (often metaphored as a piece of land) is cleared of afflictive emotions (overgrowth and weeds), then the potential for nurturing fruitful cultivation is effected. The base has to be diligently prepared initially before any seeds have a chance to germinate. The foundation of a virtuous body is a virtuous mind, although some would say its the other way round. This contention is not really the point. In Buddhism, the body is liken to a vehicle , and the mind is like the engine of the vehicle, both are vital and complement each other, but without a good engine, no matter how attractive the vehicle body is, it will not go anywhere, and neither will the engine be of any use without the body, but... one can see why its more worthwhile to keep an engine in good working order and maybe spend less attention on the body - moreover, its not a prerequisite to have a trendy bodywork before optimally maintaining an engine so that it gets the job done efficiently.

Edited by CowTao

A friend of mine who went through a form of shamanic awakening used to multi-task all the time when it came to the spirit realms. He would be typing on the computer talking to people while doing exorcisms and astral healings.

The disconnect is probably that Dawg has trained thoroughly in "single-point" type techniques and J would practice eyes open sending small mental projections to many different places at once. J was proficient at seeing into the spiritual realms all the time, too. which was interesting, he'd grab stuff out of the air every so often as I remember. :D

You should PM me if you've heard from him lately, it's been a while since i've heard from him and he was having a rough time of things.

A non-sticky awareness... well put, my friend. :D That's a good analogy for the kind of mental poise we could all aim to stabilize in our day to day living.

Yes, bliss can be a great trip and a great trap.. this is the reason why my parents decided to name me Ananda when i was born - they had great compassion and decided to give me a permanent reminder of how easy it is to get swept away by the winds of distractions in life, with Bliss being at the top of the list if one is not well-practiced enough.

Do you believe in a literal Nirvana? From your words it appears that you do, but of course, i could well be mistaken. I know of pure lands and have been once or twice to blissful planes and mingled with the cool crowd there, but i am not certain that Nirvana could be associated with such realms. There are those who may want to cling tightly to the assertion of a literal Nirvana, but i am not buying this interpretation. As i understand, it simply points to non-returning to the cycle of birth and death, or to reach a point of enough non-attachment that one's being is able to rise above all dualistic phenomena. The suttas allude to different levels of this cultivation of non-attachment, culminating in Parinirvana.

What's your learned opinion?

Hello Cowtao,

My teacher says that there is a literal nirvana, the Buddha realm, which is the highest spiritual realm, and is your last reincarnation which is eternal…

he says that people of very very high attainment who are almost enlightened, but die before they reach enlightenment are reincarnated (born) in “the pure lands”… there their attainment ripens into enlightenment, and when they “die” there, they are reborn as pure awareness in the Buddha realm… that the “pure lands” are just another realm where you are born and die,

DISCLAMER : what follows is just my opinion.

If one pointedness is a “taste of nirvana”, nirvana is nothing like the heavenly realms… in one pointedness you are a single point of awareness, you don’t have a body… there is not time and space… that single point of awareness is “unbounded fire”… “a sea of energy” (bliss)…

space in the heavenly realms of the spirit world is not 3 dimensional (or 4 dimensional if you include time) like space in the physical world… in the heavenly realms a point is a just a unity, that can expand into anything… you could pull a herd of elephants out of a small shoe box… you can “think” yourself from place to place instantly… you can fly… you can create things with your thoughts… etc… if you can do all this in a mid level heavenly realm, it seems to me that you would be able to do this, plus much more than this in nirvana… so that nirvana should not be limited to a point, or just 3 or 4 dimensions of space…that the point of awareness (the “unbound fire”, the unbounded limitless energy of the bliss) could “go anywhere”, “do anything”, and “be anything”… on a no-clinging temporary basis, creating time and dimensions of space, or anything else, just by intending it with a thought.

you say, “I know of pure lands and have been once or twice to blissful planes and mingled with the cool crowd there”… so you know that in the (fine material) heavenly realms, you walk on the ground, there are buildings and cities, incredibly beautiful people (with bodies), it is spotlessly clean, a very blissful world, but it is a world that is not so very different from the physical world, except that it is a very beautiful and blissful place, without physical limits…

Now consider the lowest realm, the “hell realm” at the bottom of the spirit world, which is so dreadfully awful, and full of all the nasty people from the physical world… look at the vast difference between the heavenly realms you visited, and how much worse the hell realms are… now imagine that the difference between the heavenly realms you saw and nirvana as being just as great… that nirvana (the highest realm) is that much better than the heavenly realms you visited… I trip all the circuit breakers in my brain, just trying to imagine it…

Note :

“Parinirvana” is the final immortal state of nirvana that an enlightened being (Buddha or arahat) reaches after they die, and shed their physical body… as compared to being enlightened (“nirvana”) and still being alive with a physical body.

Metta,

Edited by dawg

Grateful for the reply, Dawg.

Its one way of understanding the concept. (what you have said)

Personally i like to work with mind transformation. This way, ideas of samsara and nirvana (representing dualistic existence) slowly converge, and finally transcended, whereby the individual becomes spacious and whole again, due to purification (from practice, mindfulness of right view, and contemplation) of dualistic notions and ingrained views/fixation of opposing/conflict-prone states of being.

(of course much more can be said but i think all of it has pretty much been discussed and debated upon in prior threads, of which there are too many to list)

Thanks again for your kind patience.