goonis38

Law Wheel

My time in this thread is up.

I thank you for your time, effort and attention here. If you want to PM me some specific questions you are welcome to do so.

At my wisdom level I believe my actions will decide my future.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good.

What happened :blink: ...not practicing the forbearance right now?

for路bear 1 (f么r-b芒r)

v. for路bore (-b么r, -br), for路borne (-b么rn, -brn), for路bear路ing, for路bears

v.tr.

1. To refrain from; resist: forbear replying. See Synonyms at refrain1.

2. To desist from; cease.

3. Obsolete To avoid or shun.

v.intr.

1. To hold back; refrain.

2. To be tolerant or patient in the face of provocation.

:lol:

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Guest paul walter

Why not take a few days to consider if referring to other members as { being less constructive than} single celled organisms is the right way to "have fun" :glare:

Moderating

edit for clarification added in {}

Hi Mal

I of course wasn't comparing or referring to Gauss as a single celled organism so if this is the reason for my holiday then I want an explanation and an apology. If I compared facets of his wisdom him to one then I can only say being rather non-speciesist I don't have the same outlook involving such a reference that you have. Of course if it has something to do with another post I also want an explanation. I'm all for moderation and moderate behaviour but I draw the line at personal interpretation. Wit and its attempts give licence for all sorts of creative uses of language. Paul

Guest paul walter

Wait!

"I seem get more constructive input on matters of cultivation from the bactieria that lives between my toes than from people like your good self"

If you're referring to this, then you got it wrong IMO.

I'm not defending the way Paul is picking on Gauss, though G. is very provocating. I just want you to read carefully what people write before moderating.

Respectfully, KingK

Hi KK--thankyou for noticing and for saying something (extra karma points no doubt :rolleyes: ). It's very important to do this sort of thing wherever you see/feel injustice in a world like this. The fact you were the only one to say/notice anything is quite disturbing.

Of course the democratic myth, like it's sister capitalism, contains it seems its own auto-destruct, where instead of the anti-capitalist buying the rope from the capitalist they will eventually use to hang said capitalist, we are given the freedom to say, believe and put into practice what can eventually destroy peoples lives (as in the case of Gauss and his beliefs). His fundamentalist Buddhism/cult like it's Christian Pentecostal equivalent, places great belief in a certain hatred of life and the leaving/purifying of it (for all our good). Of course I agree with a lot of what he says, I just don't believe in the pat ordering of those beliefs that make a nice clean escape route for him. Like all such types, for one who ultimately admits they don't know the myterious inner workings of karma and the universe he seems quite happy to play the limited role of disciple and risk everything and everyone for a sense of surity. His writings I found deeply offensive, and there's nothing quite like trying to play cat and mouse with someone who adopts the role unflappable cultivator, while trying to get them to admit/reveal through response the deep fascist tendencies that lie at the heart of their belief system. It's the old "spiritual" trick of impassivity--by doing this the cultivator deflects your energy and the 'opponent' looks like a fool/overly emotional/argumentative and it consolidates the cultivators psychological/spiritual matrix already defined as the height of calm, benign rationality. Of course it fools onlookers too into thinking the one doing the prodding is the one who is the problem...Paul

Edited by paul walter

Hi KK--thankyou for noticing and for saying something (extra karma points no doubt :rolleyes: ). It's very important to do this sort of thing wherever you see/feel injustice in a world like this. The fact you were the only one to say/notice anything is quite disturbing.

Of course the democratic myth, like it's sister capitalism, contains it seems its own auto-destruct, where instead of the anti-capitalist buying the rope from the capitalist they will eventually use to hang said capitalist, we are given the freedom to say, believe and put into practice what can eventually destroy peoples lives (as in the case of Gauss and his beliefs). His fundamentalist Buddhism/cult like it's Christian Pentecostal equivalent, places great belief in a certain hatred of life and the leaving/purifying of it (for all our good). Of course I agree with a lot of what he says, I just don't believe in the pat ordering of those beliefs that make a nice clean escape route for him. Like all such types, for one who ultimately admits they don't know the myterious inner workings of karma and the universe he seems quite happy to play the limited role of disciple and risk everything and everyone for a sense of surity. His writings I found deeply offensive, and there's nothing quite like trying to play cat and mouse with someone who adopts the role unflappable cultivator, while trying to get them to admit/reveal through response the deep fascist tendencies that lie at the heart of their belief system. It's the old "spiritual" trick of impassivity--by doing this the cultivator deflects your energy and the 'opponent' looks like a fool/overly emotional/argumentative and it consolidates the cultivators psychological/spiritual matrix already defined as the height of calm, benign rationality. Of course it fools onlookers too into thinking the one doing the prodding is the one who is the problem...Paul

If this is the case, then why didn't you send him good thoughts/love so that you would get those 'deflected' from him rather than the energy you sent and got back that made you look like overly emotional, argumentative (as you have mentioned).

Edited by levo

What happened :blink: ...not practicing the forbearance right now?

for路bear 1 (f么r-b芒r)

v. for路bore (-b么r, -br), for路borne (-b么rn, -brn), for路bear路ing, for路bears

v.tr.

1. To refrain from; resist: forbear replying. See Synonyms at refrain1.

2. To desist from; cease.

3. Obsolete To avoid or shun.

v.intr.

1. To hold back; refrain.

2. To be tolerant or patient in the face of provocation.

:lol:

Well, I guess you are right, I had missed a few questions when I wrote that message and obviously I thought it might be wortwhile to answer them too although I actually had decided to step out of this thread.

Sorry about it.

Edited by Gauss

Guest paul walter

If this is the case, then why didn't you send him good thoughts/love so that you would get those 'deflected' from him rather than the energy you sent and got back that made you look like overly emotional, argumentative (as you have mentioned).

:lol: Good try! :P

Remember it's merely your interpretaion of my words that make me seem "overly emotional" and "argumentative" as you've implied by using the word "look". I actually have no emotinal interest in trying to convert a true believer. The least I expected back was for Gauss to channel the shade of Groucho Marx and give me the witty karmic lashing I deserved and expected from such a 'mirror' :rolleyes: I think Gauss was attentive to my energy and could feel my real feelings and love cause if he hadn't then I think he would have prophesied/wished a lot worse things for the earth and its inhabitants. Paul.

Guest paul walter

Well, I guess you are right, I had missed a few questions when I wrote that message and obviously I thought it might be wortwhile to answer them too although I actually had decided to step out of this thread.

Sorry about it.

You do realise Gauss that such slip-ups call into question your whole integrity :P

No prblem Paul, I'm just kissing your butt cause you're a high level cultivatior :D

:lol: Good try! :P

Remember it's merely your interpretaion of my words that make me seem "overly emotional" and "argumentative" as you've implied by using the word "look". I actually have no emotinal interest in trying to convert a true believer. The least I expected back was for Gauss to channel the shade of Groucho Marx and give me the witty karmic lashing I deserved and expected from such a 'mirror' :rolleyes: I think Gauss was attentive to my energy and could feel my real feelings and love cause if he hadn't then I think he would have prophesied/wished a lot worse things for the earth and its inhabitants. Paul.

I used 'look like' in the same manner that you used 'look like' in your post earlier as in "....and the 'opponent' looks like...". So if I'm using the same phrase how come I'm reinterpreting? I was stating causality based on what you said earlier, that's all.

It seems as the general pattern is to clung to short sentences here and there in various western scriptures and force them to suit whatever you want them to be. As others already pointed out, your given interpretation is farfetched.

There is a context to this all, and it depends on the whole book of revelations it self, AND symbolics from the old testament. Trying to get the intended meaning you want from this line induces severe conflicts with the other passages and lines in the bible - which is not acceptable since an interpretation has to fit into all lines of the scriptures - and basically uses an "anything goes interpretation" that wildly explains away all incongruencies that arise, in a chain, from the first twisted interpretation.

It seems clear to me that you have very little grounding in the christian tradition. Nowhere in my life have I encountered an exegesis, either by scholars and/or Christian high-level cultivators, that were logically consistent with your hijacking of this verse. A sound exegesis would be able to provide a background in detail, with explanation and synthesis of the symbolics, the meaning of the classical greek and ancient hebrew, and providing the historical context.

I naturally wonder if you, other FD followers, or your leader has glanced through western scriptures(Bible, Swedenborg, Nostradamus) in a haste, found some verses that seem to suit you, clutch to them and force them to have a meaning that suits your agenda, disregarding the context and the authorities of the traditions. After this, nothing can change your mind/interpretation, especially since there is no formalized hermeneutics.

This hijacking of scriptures is absurd. One could basically open a random book, search for a verse and claim that it was a prophecy about whatever. Opening a cookbook, in a recipe one could interpret a line of "one lamb-steak" to mean the savior of the world. Context is everything, but as soon as the scripture is "spiritual" and not a book about dining, everything goes, but it is just as absurd.

\Mandrake

Sorry for the delay in my response.

The number of the army of the horsemen is given in Revelation Cptr 9:16:

Quote:

16 And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.

I am not inclined to lying and hope I can stay as truthful as possible at my level of wisdom.

The link between this number of 200 million horsemen from the Lord and the predestined number of Dafa cultivators is just my understanding and nothing official in any Dafa teachings.

Everyone has his own truth at his current wisdom level. Contrary to what many think the Master provides theory but you yourself must enlighten to lots and lots of things along your cultivation path.

It seems as the general pattern is to clung to short sentences here and there in various western scriptures and force them to suit whatever you want them to be. As others already pointed out, your given interpretation is farfetched.

There is a context to this all, and it depends on the whole book of revelations it self, AND symbolics from the old testament. Trying to get the intended meaning you want from this line induces severe conflicts with the other passages and lines in the bible - which is not acceptable since an interpretation has to fit into all lines of the scriptures - and basically uses an "anything goes interpretation" that wildly explains away all incongruencies that arise, in a chain, from the first twisted interpretation.

It seems clear to me that you have very little grounding in the christian tradition. Nowhere in my life have I encountered an exegesis, either by scholars and/or Christian high-level cultivators, that were logically consistent with your hijacking of this verse. A sound exegesis would be able to provide a background in detail, with explanation and synthesis of the symbolics, the meaning of the classical greek and ancient hebrew, and providing the historical context.

I naturally wonder if you, other FD followers, or your leader has glanced through western scriptures(Bible, Swedenborg, Nostradamus) in a haste, found some verses that seem to suit you, clutch to them and force them to have a meaning that suits your agenda, disregarding the context and the authorities of the traditions. After this, nothing can change your mind/interpretation, especially since there is no formalized hermeneutics.

This hijacking of scriptures is absurd. One could basically open a random book, search for a verse and claim that it was a prophecy about whatever. Opening a cookbook, in a recipe one could interpret a line of "one lamb-steak" to mean the savior of the world. Context is everything, but as soon as the scripture is "spiritual" and not a book about dining, everything goes, but it is just as absurd.

\Mandrake

I am out of this thread so I answer this one in a separate thread. Thank you.

Guest paul walter

As an explanation only, rather than attempting to engage Gauss in a constructive discussion, you were increasingly dismissive, patronising,

Yes, that's the whole "game"--to play along with the rules already set by Gauss (non-constructive, dismissive, patronising...). One can hardly open up a person who refuses to be by using his rulebook. If anyhting it's called high-irony what I was doing.

I read that as an insult BTW and eventually culminating in

Was it? Thats' what i'm disagreeing with in the first place.

So you're saying you weren't just trying to have fun at anothers expense?

Look, it's just a way of throwing ones hands up in the air after the "irresistable force" of argument/discussion/having a somewhat open mind, meets the "immovable object" of Gauss!

While I realize humor gives some licence, I didn't see it as humorous. Especially so in a thread where we have already had behavior issues.

True, it's a cursed thread, which is why I'd like to leave it with my karmic slate somewhat clean.

Feel free to take this to pm with other moderators or raise in Forum and Tech Support

There is a concept in social analysis called 'friendly fascism' where those who are the most dangerous and troubling to us (corporations, governments etc?) hide behind the whitewash of benign goodwill and even handed rationality. I see Gauss as propounding this sort of dangerous position with his infuriatingly :rolleyes: well mannered doom and gloom scenario and his well-meaning but firm stance on wishing us all well as we all go to hell in a handbasket--it's something I think needs addressing in all our lives. It usually takes a lot of work and outmanouvering by the victims before they can rip the smiley face off of the one who hides behind it.

Well I don't feel it's something I can't clear up in a more simple way. Or are you saying you refuse to acknowledge any slip-ups on your side? In respect, Paul.

Edited by paul walter

Guest paul walter

No prblem Paul, I'm just kissing your butt cause you're a high level cultivatior :D

I wondered why my butt was so squeaky clean these last few days :P

Hey,

Well I was meditating and could finally see my Law Wheel in color. It was beautiful...

So just an update, it was blake and white before...

I know another problem I have been having. I was going into my vibrational state, and went into a couple of OBE before I came to the forum. But I have seemed to have stopped my vibrations and started twitching or jumping kind of while meditating. I was reading on another thread where someone was saying these are blockages... Is this right? And do you just meditate yourself through it? And work your way back around to where you need to be?

Is this normal, a lose of something, or blockage? Any good thoughts on this?

Melanie

Guest paul walter

As an explanation only, rather than attempting to engage Gauss in a constructive discussion, you were increasingly dismissive, patronising,

Yes, that's the whole "game"--to play along with the rules already set by Gauss (non-constructive, dismissive, patronising...). One can hardly open up a person who refuses to be by using his rulebook. If anyhting it's called high-irony what I was doing.

I read that as an insult BTW and eventually culminating in

Was it? Thats' what i'm disagreeing with in the first place.

So you're saying you weren't just trying to have fun at anothers expense?

Look, it's just a way of throwing ones hands up in the air after the "irresistable force" of argument/discussion/having a somewhat open mind, meets the "immovable object" of Gauss!

While I realize humor gives some licence, I didn't see it as humorous. Especially so in a thread where we have already had behavior issues.

True, it's a cursed thread, which is why I'd like to leave it with my karmic slate somewhat clean.

Feel free to take this to pm with other moderators or raise in Forum and Tech Support

There is a concept in social analysis called 'friendly fascism' where those who are the most dangerous and troubling to us (corporations, governments etc?) hide behind the whitewash of benign goodwill and even handed rationality. I see Gauss as propounding this sort of dangerous position with his infuriatingly :rolleyes: well mannered doom and gloom scenario and his well-meaning but firm stance on wishing us all well as we all go to hell in a handbasket--it's something I think needs addressing in all our lives. It usually takes a lot of work and outmanouvering by the victims before they can rip the smiley face off of the one who hides behind it.

Well I don't feel it's something I can't clear up in a more simple way. Or are you saying you refuse to acknowledge any slip-ups on your side? In respect, Paul.

I would like this dealt with still. Paul

Edited by paul walter

I would like this dealt with still. Paul

I have nothing further to add to my previous comments.

"Law Wheel"?

You got to be kidding me. That shit is a bunch of crap.

Trying to give something an "air of legitimacy" is a

form of social engineering. I ain't even playing that.

Keep in mind what the word "norms" mean.

Edited by lino

after reading pages and pages of talk about all the "bad" people being judged and getting what they deserve while only the few good (Falun Gong practioners) people should be allowed to be saved I thought what Enishi said in the karma strikes again thread was nice food for thought for the judgemental ones amongst us:

"Keep in mind that karma is not merely created by physical actions, but by thoughts and emotions (both conscious and unconscious).

I don't want to sound arrogant, but the desire to see a perpetrator suffer for their actions is itself a bad energy attractor for the thinker. One's only thought and desire in that case should (ideally) be to hope that the perpetrator comes to understand their mistakes and feels remorse. "

Haven"t seen much of that from the Falun crowd.

after reading pages and pages of talk about all the "bad" people being judged and getting what they deserve while only the few good (Falun Gong practioners) people should be allowed to be saved I thought what Enishi said in the karma strikes again thread was nice food for thought for the judgemental ones amongst us:

"Keep in mind that karma is not merely created by physical actions, but by thoughts and emotions (both conscious and unconscious).

I don't want to sound arrogant, but the desire to see a perpetrator suffer for their actions is itself a bad energy attractor for the thinker. One's only thought and desire in that case should (ideally) be to hope that the perpetrator comes to understand their mistakes and feels remorse. "

Haven"t seen much of that from the Falun crowd.

Best to ignore the falun gong thing. I went through a lot of literature and found

that a lot of these "traditions" have an uglier underlying truth. The truth is so

ugly and repulsive that these "traditions" will never be redeemable.