goonis38

11:11

Lawrence Blair rather wonderfully filmed a Unicorn in one of his Indonesian adventures. Very touching creature.

To the doubters :that numbers are qualities rather than mere quantites is hardly a radical new idea, surely?! I dont understand it, but I know that Mathematics is is a language of creation.

The interplay of consciousness and numbers is as significant as anything else..

This happened today...

I decided to make a coffee stash, because there's rumors the price will go steeply up soon. (I have reasons to believe these rumors because the price of coffee usually mimics the dynamics of the price of gold. Real things, rather than toys, are the best predictors of economic developments... but don't let me digress.) So I went to Trader Joe's which has good coffee for half the price of elsewhere, and got ten cans of whole beans. I also bought a few routine items and proceeded to checkout. Then I saw a shorter line at a different one and maneuvered my cart in that direction, but simultaneously some other shopper saw it and decided to beat me to it, so she pushed her cart vigorously and suddenly, and jammed it into mine, whereupon one of the coffee cans balanced on top fell off. It fell strategically onto my big toe, orienting itself so as to get me at the base of the toenail with the metal edge. It's only 14 ounces so it surprised me that it nearly amputated a phalanx hitting it at this angle. It started bleeding and it hurt to the point of absurdity. I clenched my teeth stoically and presented my cart to the guy behind the counter. He started unloading and said, of course, Oh, you really like coffee! I said, I did till a minute ago, not anymore. Why? I explained why. He produced some napkins and a band-aid, showed every concern, and finally told me he won't charge me for the offending can of coffee, he'll give me the sucker for free. The resulting bill? $77.77.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwbtQWub7Zs

Lol, I thought I was crazy... You guys are really out there! xD Just kidding, this is normal. I have it too. Its unconscious.

We got 01:01

and 24.24 or 0.00

All in one day. So thats about every hour one of those. And if you just have random thoughts of looking at the time and notice that everytime you look it is one of those like 11:11 it just your mind... You have trained your mind to feel the instinct by having an emotional reaction everytime you see it. The stronger the emotion the more trained ur intuition, the more accidental succes the more emotion and feelings and suddenly your mind explodes someone slaps you in the face and says "Dude, you get one of those numbers every hour... Your entire life..." And you're like: "Oh yeah... I forgot tat :blush: "

lol :D:D:P

Been there, done that. I only use digital man B)

Edited by Everything

This happened today...

I decided to make a coffee stash, because there's rumors the price will go steeply up soon. (I have reasons to believe these rumors because the price of coffee usually mimics the dynamics of the price of gold. Real things, rather than toys, are the best predictors of economic developments... but don't let me digress.) So I went to Trader Joe's which has good coffee for half the price of elsewhere, and got ten cans of whole beans. I also bought a few routine items and proceeded to checkout. Then I saw a shorter line at a different one and maneuvered my cart in that direction, but simultaneously some other shopper saw it and decided to beat me to it, so she pushed her cart vigorously and suddenly, and jammed it into mine, whereupon one of the coffee cans balanced on top fell off. It fell strategically onto my big toe, orienting itself so as to get me at the base of the toenail with the metal edge. It's only 14 ounces so it surprised me that it nearly amputated a phalanx hitting it at this angle. It started bleeding and it hurt to the point of absurdity. I clenched my teeth stoically and presented my cart to the guy behind the counter. He started unloading and said, of course, Oh, you really like coffee! I said, I did till a minute ago, not anymore. Why? I explained why. He produced some napkins and a band-aid, showed every concern, and finally told me he won't charge me for the offending can of coffee, he'll give me the sucker for free. The resulting bill? $77.77.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwbtQWub7Zs

Damn... It would have been more awesome if the bill was 00.00 :blink::P

Still funny story :lol:

This supermarket in a bad neighboor hood, I was there once. One big bald angry guy stepped in front of me in line, but I didn't care at all, so he looked in my eyes and I'm staring at him like <_< and he's like "What are you looking :angry:" I coulden't hold my laugh so I burst out right there, he had such a funny face and everyone was looking at me like I'm crazy. :lol:

Anyways, at the counter the man left a 1 euro coin and was long gone before I filled the bags. Talking about putting oneself last and ending up ahead, hehe

Always rethink wether or not the value you place on certain events are actually really that important in the moment.

PS Just like this guy here who lost his job because he had a burst laugh, start video at 2:00:

2:00

The harder you try the more you concentrate on it it being funny :lol:

Edited by Everything

This morning I glanced at the clock and it was 11:11.

I then started meditating and after a while (without thinking about 11:11) I looked at my meditation timer and it was 11:11

Lol, I thought I was crazy... You guys are really out there! xD Just kidding, this is normal. I have it too. Its unconscious.

We got 01:01

and 24.24 or 0.00

All in one day. So thats about every hour one of those. And if you just have random thoughts of looking at the time and notice that everytime you look it is one of those like 11:11 it just your mind... You have trained your mind to feel the instinct by having an emotional reaction everytime you see it. The stronger the emotion the more trained ur intuition, the more accidental succes the more emotion and feelings and suddenly your mind explodes someone slaps you in the face and says "Dude, you get one of those numbers every hour... Your entire life..." And you're like: "Oh yeah... I forgot tat :blush: "

lol :D :D :P

Been there, done that. I only use digital man B)

Ahh, the human mind, whatsoever shall be done to math and probability with this merciless weapon, they will have to grin and bear...

look, we have, within ONE HOUR, ONE occurrence of 11:11 and FIFTY-NINE occurrences of non-11:11. We are not talking catatonic watchers of watches, we are talking a chance glance once in a while or once a day or once in a blue moon or whenever the need to know the time arises once within any one hour or any 24 hour period. We are talking normal humans, no clock-watching OCD, who see 11:11 every day, for weeks, months, years on end -- with the chance of seeing it accidentally being ONE in SIXTY every time.

If you were offered surgery and told that your chances of surviving it are 1:60, meaning out of every 60 people getting this surgery 59 die and 1 gets better, you would realize immediately how slim a chance you would be taking if you agree to that surgery. How crazy in fact. If you were making an investment and told that there's one chance in sixty that you will get your money back with a profit, that one out of every sixty investors does while fifty-nine lose their money, you would probably think twice, thrice, fifty-nine times in the negative against making that investment. It's just very, very, very low odds to bet on.

And yet when it happens in the positive, coincidence theorists shrug it away -- no big deal, coincidence. Yeah. But a very very slim chance pans out for this coincidence to perpetuate itself. It's like a group of people making that 1:60 investment every day and one and the same person profits every day while 59 other investors lose their money every day... wouldn't you suspect something is up with that?..

OK, OK, I see your point. It is not the frequency of the occurrence, but the context of the occurrence.

Exactly.:)

When I was in China, I immediately stopped paying attention to those rows of numbers (by the way, only three in a row or more have qi significance in such contexts, two don't count) because I realized that what's going on is not ganying but a superstitious use of some vestigial cultural knowledge of its workings: all advertisements of any products big enough to have a billboard or to use a side of the truck as such list phone numbers that go, 999-9999 or 333-3333 and so on, and license plates, and whatever anyone numbers when having a choice, they try to number in this manner. For luck. But because it is human doing, not tao's doing, it may bring luck to the user of this row of numbers (if chosen wisely and competently, that is, which I doubt -- modern China is not really a land of taoist sciences' ubiquity) but is meaningless to a chance observer of same. It became obvious to me right away, on the stretch of the road from the airport within my first hour in Xi'an, after seeing scores and scores of those, that they are to be disregarded. Not so here in CA, where if it occurs for me, it occurs for me as tao's doing, not human doing. So of course I will pay attention to tao's antics. I dare not superimpose my own will and pretend it's just me doing this. Tao might take it with a grain of salt if I were to assume that whatever happens, I do it, that I'm the only doer and the Way and its Power has to just sit and wait and see what I might be doing with my mind and my subconscious and what not. The hubris!..

OT-ish

"OCD" - ooh, I just realised/figured is just a tighter circle than the one our own "i" (small i) has us running in.

My goal of practice therefore:

- widen the circle

- make dips and peaks an valleys in it

- empty it.

I think someone started this 11:11 thing during the harmonic convergence. I have yet to see any concrete explanation of the cosmic significance of this view. I live in Santa Fe and people attempt to create cosmic connections with such beliefs. All the time!

When I first moved here in 1987, I was told that if one drew a straight line through the earth, that line would intersect Tibet. Therefor, NM is spiritually related to Tibet. A sister, I guess? I am not making this up! :lol: Also I used to live not too far from a woman who claimed to be abducted by aliens and the aliens told her where to build her house so that their ships could land there. I never saw one land. :wacko:

When I see talk about 11:11, I wonder what people are doing with their time.

ralis

Edited by ralis

I was all gonna post some stuff about "11"s in specific cultures and I prevented myself from doing so by a few sharp keystrokes (possibly a good call for various semantic reasons :ph34r: )

I did find this Link, random

Which would be horrible if I linked it up the the other 11's, but no one would dare...

I think someone started this 11:11 thing during the harmonic convergence. I have yet to see any concrete explanation of the cosmic significance of this view. I live in Santa Fe and people attempt to create cosmic connections with such beliefs. All the time!

When I first moved here in 1987, I was told that if one drew a straight line through the earth, that line would intersect Tibet. Therefor, NM is spiritually related to Tibet. A sister, I guess? I am not making this up! :lol: Also I used to live not too far from a woman who claimed to be abducted by aliens and the aliens told her where to build her house so that their ships could land there. I never saw one land. :wacko:

When I see talk about 11:11, I wonder what people are doing with their time.

ralis

So in one fell swoop you strike down synchronicity, sacred geometry, and aliens. Good job.

Since you wonder what people are doing with their time, I can give you a few examples. Budd Hopkins, the main force behind collecting thousands of alien abduction testimonials, is spending the rest of his time being a highly successful artist with work on permanent display at major museums of the world, including the Metropolitan and Guggenheim. Nassim Haramein, the sacred geometry dude, is spending his time being a highly successful physicist lecturing at major universities of the world and publishing his work in peer-reviewed journals. Drunvalo Melchizedec, the 11:11 guy, is being a stylistically impaired but rather successful writer and a new age flake in this incarnation, though this alone would probably be nowhere near enough to get him invited to all major cross-cultural shamanic events whenever and wherever they take place anywhere on Earth, climbing mountains in the Andes, crawling into the King's Chamber of the Great Pyramid, and so on, which is how he spends his time.

What about you? What are you doing with your time?

So in one fell swoop you strike down synchronicity, sacred geometry, and aliens. Good job.

Since you wonder what people are doing with their time, I can give you a few examples. Budd Hopkins, the main force behind collecting thousands of alien abduction testimonials, is spending the rest of his time being a highly successful artist with work on permanent display at major museums of the world, including the Metropolitan and Guggenheim. Nassim Haramein, the sacred geometry dude, is spending his time being a highly successful physicist lecturing at major universities of the world and publishing his work in peer-reviewed journals. Drunvalo Melchizedec, the 11:11 guy, is being a stylistically impaired but rather successful writer and a new age flake in this incarnation, though this alone would probably be nowhere near enough to get him invited to all major cross-cultural shamanic events whenever and wherever they take place anywhere on Earth, climbing mountains in the Andes, crawling into the King's Chamber of the Great Pyramid, and so on, which is how he spends his time.

What about you? What are you doing with your time?

I have experienced lights in the sky in the Jemez Mountains above Los Alamos at night that were about 70 ft. above me. Were aliens operating these lights? I have no idea and would not attempt to create a false scenario. Also I have seen lights in the night sky above Death Valley Ca. Aliens? Why would aliens be hanging out with people here in Santa Fe? Why not the scientist's in Los Alamos? After all, the best and brightest work at the labs and The Santa Fe Institute

In terms of sacred geometry, how does that relate to Tibet and NM? I have studied sacred geometry, specifically architectural design. Do you believe there is some spiritual relationship?

I should have been clear in stating that the believers of the Tibet NM relationship, believe it to be a spiritual relationship. I suppose the reason being that Santa Fe has a Tibetan Stupa.

If you really want to know about how I spend my time, here it is. Thanks to the economic insanity brought on by the Wall Street bankers, bailouts, supply side economics (those policies are still in place) tax cuts for the wealthy etc. my business is down by 90%. I have done my best to keep it afloat. However, the wealthy have not been contracting for my services for the last 3 years!! I am in the same boat as many business people in this country. The gullible in this country believed the tax cuts and deregulation promoted by the last administration would stimulate the economy and bring prosperity. That was an illusion. I never believed that propaganda for one second! Predatory capitalism is destroying this culture!

At the moment I am reading:

http://www.amazon.com/Thousand-Plateaus-Contemporary-European-Thinkers/dp/048511335X/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1286249674&sr=8-8

BTW, how do you engage your time?

Edited by ralis

Ahh, the human mind, whatsoever shall be done to math and probability with this merciless weapon, they will have to grin and bear...

look, we have, within ONE HOUR, ONE occurrence of 11:11 and FIFTY-NINE occurrences of non-11:11. We are not talking catatonic watchers of watches, we are talking a chance glance once in a while or once a day or once in a blue moon or whenever the need to know the time arises once within any one hour or any 24 hour period. We are talking normal humans, no clock-watching OCD, who see 11:11 every day, for weeks, months, years on end -- with the chance of seeing it accidentally being ONE in SIXTY every time.

If you were offered surgery and told that your chances of surviving it are 1:60, meaning out of every 60 people getting this surgery 59 die and 1 gets better, you would realize immediately how slim a chance you would be taking if you agree to that surgery. How crazy in fact. If you were making an investment and told that there's one chance in sixty that you will get your money back with a profit, that one out of every sixty investors does while fifty-nine lose their money, you would probably think twice, thrice, fifty-nine times in the negative against making that investment. It's just very, very, very low odds to bet on.

And yet when it happens in the positive, coincidence theorists shrug it away -- no big deal, coincidence. Yeah. But a very very slim chance pans out for this coincidence to perpetuate itself. It's like a group of people making that 1:60 investment every day and one and the same person profits every day while 59 other investors lose their money every day... wouldn't you suspect something is up with that?..

The economy is an old and broken gambling machine that will never get fixed and will never even become "good" function gambling machine even, haha :lol:

I see 11:11 alot. So what? I don't get it. I go to the toilet everyday aswell. Perhaps there is some connection there? :P

I'm just saying that those people who notice 11:11 alot and are freaked out about it, its not worth wasting your time on, this is just PROSPECTIVE MEMORY playing tricks on you. You can learn to set alarm ever 1 hour and exactly set it off 1 minute before it goes off or less while just going about doing everyday stuff, forgetting the alarm, if you train your prospective memorry alot. Most people don't even know they have a prospective memory, not aware of it. Lucid dreamers use prospective memory alot to become lucid right after they fall asleep (~90 minutes) which is called MILD. Your mind already has a clock.

And if you're seeing 11:11 just everywhere it is because there is 11:11 everywhere, so chill out before you decide to write 11:11 all over the walls and hang your self in that room. :lol:

THERE IS AIR EVERYWHERE OMG!!!! :o:(

The economy is an old and broken gambling machine that will never get fixed and will never even become "good" function gambling machine even, haha :lol:

I see 11:11 alot. So what? I don't get it.

When I don't get what people mean, I usually ask, "what do you mean?"

All discussions along the lines of "I don't get it, therefore you are off" are always the same. All discussions along the lines of "I don't get it, but I'm curious to find out what you are seeing" are always different. I don't get what people get out of the first type of discussions. Would you please explain it to me?

When I first came to the US, the Twin Towers were quite a noticeable presence in New York where I lived, and the first thing I asked when I first saw them was, "why did they erect the humongous number 11 in the middle of the navel of the world, taller and more conspicuous than anything else?" The question was never answered till 9/11.

What does a double 11 mean? Nothing... everything... depends on the context it occurs in. If life is a lesson, the name of the class is "pattern recognition." I don't feel like failing the very subject I'm here to learn, is all.

When I don't get what people mean, I usually ask, "what do you mean?"

All discussions along the lines of "I don't get it, therefore you are off" are always the same. All discussions along the lines of "I don't get it, but I'm curious to find out what you are seeing" are always different. I don't get what people get out of the first type of discussions. Would you please explain it to me?

When I first came to the US, the Twin Towers were quite a noticeable presence in New York where I lived, and the first thing I asked when I first saw them was, "why did they erect the humongous number 11 in the middle of the navel of the world, taller and more conspicuous than anything else?" The question was never answered till 9/11.

What does a double 11 mean? Nothing... everything... depends on the context it occurs in. If life is a lesson, the name of the class is "pattern recognition." I don't feel like failing the very subject I'm here to learn, is all.

What is this pattern? My Uncle was on the third wave of D Day and was in the front lines in Patton's Army. He survived the Battle of The Bulge and was in the worst hell hole beyond anyone's imagination! I am absolutely certain he had better things to do than seeing patterns. My point is most people have better things to do than look for patterns.

Tell the people who died and their relatives on 9/11 that they were just part of some cosmic synchronous pattern! See what response you get!

WWII%20D-Day.jpg

Edited by ralis

I have experienced lights in the sky in the Jemez Mountains above Los Alamos at night that were about 70 ft. above me. Were aliens operating these lights? I have no idea and would not attempt to create a false scenario. Also I have seen lights in the night sky above Death Valley Ca. Aliens? Why would aliens be hanging out with people here in Santa Fe? Why not the scientist's in Los Alamos? After all, the best and brightest work at the labs and The Santa Fe Institute

In terms of sacred geometry, how does that relate to Tibet and NM? I have studied sacred geometry, specifically architectural design. Do you believe there is some spiritual relationship?

I should have been clear in stating that the believers of the Tibet NM relationship, believe it to be a spiritual relationship. I suppose the reason being that Santa Fe has a Tibetan Stupa.

If you really want to know about how I spend my time, here it is. Thanks to the economic insanity brought on by the Wall Street bankers, bailouts, supply side economics (those policies are still in place) tax cuts for the wealthy etc. my business is down by 90%. I have done my best to keep it afloat. However, the wealthy have not been contracting for my services for the last 3 years!! I am in the same boat as many business people in this country. The gullible in this country believed the tax cuts and deregulation promoted by the last administration would stimulate the economy and bring prosperity. That was an illusion. I never believed that propaganda for one second! Predatory capitalism is destroying this culture!

At the moment I am reading:

http://www.amazon.co...86249674&sr=8-8

BTW, how do you engage your time?

Thanks for sharing. We seem to be sailing the troubled waters of our economy in similar boats. My business got hit too.

Lights in the sky -- I know nothing about their significance. I saw a UFO but it could have been what one researcher calls Unidentified Fascist Observatories. I was going to post a poll asking people how many think they may have been abducted by aliens, but the poll feature is not currently operational. Just as well.

I don't know about Tibet and NM. I do know that in Russia they studied "geopathological" and the opposite (don't remember what they called them, beneficial) land formations with government grants money, and whoever looked into that takes these things quite seriously. There's all kinds of energy grids, magnetic, tectonic, mysterious... I use feng shui to evaluate them, the grid is Luoshu-derived, but sacred-geometrical patterns superimpose on that with ease.

Predatory capitalism is a trickle-down problem from a bigger one we have, methinks.

What is this pattern? My Uncle was on the third wave of D Day and was in the front lines in Patton's Army. He survived the Battle of The Bulge and was in the worst hell hole beyond anyone's imagination! I am absolutely certain he had better things to do than seeing patterns. My point is most people have better things to do than look for patterns.

Tell the people who died and their relatives on 9/11 that they were just part of some cosmic synchronous pattern! See what response you get!

You are trying to shame a European into WWII awareness to accomplish what exactly? More than half of my family died under those very circumstances. I don't see how my refusal to look for patterns in seemingly random events could have prevented it.

People who died on 9/11 died in exactly the same numbers they die in car accidents on American highways every single day, 365 days a year, every year. I notice a pattern when my compassion is steered away from 365 times the number of victims yearly toward a specific selected group I am supposed to care about more, while any and all other groups suffering and dying for any and all other reasons are supposed to bypass my awareness altogether. I notice when the pattern is "manipulation of my awareness." I notice when the pattern is "manipulation of my emotions." I notice when the pattern is "manipulation of the public awareness and public emotions toward condemning any non-sanctioned awareness and non-government-prescribed emotion." I keep noticing patterns... and I notice that my humanity grows when I do, and shrinks when I don't. Is it just me?.. Have you ever tried to look at it this way?..

And finally, I didn't say anything happening on the human level was "just" "part of some cosmic pattern." Noticing a pattern doesn't equal noticing "just" the pattern. I am very much aware of the human level of any "pattern," I just can't help noticing more than unrelated disjointed "random events" -- I notice connections between them, and that's what I believe is the human thing to do in order to support life-friendly patterns and not the death-dispensing ones. Why substitute a statement never made for one actually made, and argue against that?..:unsure:

Guest paul walter

This is suppossed to speak in their favour, right?

"what if machine" is now "on".

"What if" the only patterns people were able to see were the ones made by people themselves?

In which case the recognition of a pattern is not as something "cosmic" inasmuch as it is the recognition of a human creation, which makes things like we are presently discussing all the more -well, I don't have a word for it.

This is suppossed to speak in their favour, right?

No, this is supposed to illustrate that being interested in these things is no indicator of the interested party being an idle time waster (which was the original premise). By the same token, being interested in these things is no indicator of the interested party being an efficient utilizer of time. Overall meaning: total value of the information about someone being interested in these things for predicting or presuming the rest of their behaviors is zero.:ninja::)

You are trying to shame a European into WWII awareness to accomplish what exactly? More than half of my family died under those very circumstances. I don't see how my refusal to look for patterns in seemingly random events could have prevented it.

People who died on 9/11 died in exactly the same numbers they die in car accidents on American highways every single day, 365 days a year, every year. I notice a pattern when my compassion is steered away from 365 times the number of victims yearly toward a specific selected group I am supposed to care about more, while any and all other groups suffering and dying for any and all other reasons are supposed to bypass my awareness altogether. I notice when the pattern is "manipulation of my awareness." I notice when the pattern is "manipulation of my emotions." I notice when the pattern is "manipulation of the public awareness and public emotions toward condemning any non-sanctioned awareness and non-government-prescribed emotion." I keep noticing patterns... and I notice that my humanity grows when I do, and shrinks when I don't. Is it just me?.. Have you ever tried to look at it this way?..

And finally, I didn't say anything happening on the human level was "just" "part of some cosmic pattern." Noticing a pattern doesn't equal noticing "just" the pattern. I am very much aware of the human level of any "pattern," I just can't help noticing more than unrelated disjointed "random events" -- I notice connections between them, and that's what I believe is the human thing to do in order to support life-friendly patterns and not the death-dispensing ones. Why substitute a statement never made for one actually made, and argue against that?..:unsure:

I had no clue as to the tragedy in your family or you being of European origin. Further, I was not attempting to manipulate you emotionally.

"what if machine" is now "on".

"What if" the only patterns people were able to see were the ones made by people themselves?

In which case the recognition of a pattern is not as something "cosmic" inasmuch as it is the recognition of a human creation, which makes things like we are presently discussing all the more -well, I don't have a word for it.

It would be truly horrible.

"They" are working on it though...

and "I" resist with all I've got.