goonis38

11:11

Hi Mel,

yes, it happens to me all the time. Used to not to, and then it started happening. And, yes, it started with 11:11 on digital clocks, but it didn't stop there. I started doing something differently, and it started happening. What I did differently was stop being a smartass know-it-all who "knows" that "this" is "silly superstitions" and instead became humble, assumed I don't know shit about how tao dispenses her signs, and started paying attention to same, getting more and more aware -- putting all interpretations on hold for the time being -- and just paying attention... It's like starting a relationship... You see 11:11, you shrug and think nothing of it, it's like you see a guy (or a girl, in the opposite-sex scenario) look at you trying to catch your attention and shrug him (her) away... the person interested in you will get the message "I'm not interested in you" and will drop it and won't try to get to know you, seeing you are not into him/her. So is tao! But if you look back and smile, this person might try to get to know you, strike up a conversation... So is tao! And if the conversation reveals mutual interests, you might get closer, see each other again... So is tao!:)

I plainly stated that looking at the clock at certain times is a program of the subconscious. Noticing patterns in numbers or having synchronicity is a different phenomenon altogether IMo.

Yeah, I get it, I wasn't arguing with you, I was arguing with the author of the book you referenced, and the rest of his camp.:)

Hey,

I agree with you completely, and it hasn't just been clocks. I have sales receipts and things do the same. It is just that clocks are more obvious that is my point, we would notice it more. I would like to add I am not a clock watcher, as I notice some people are. If you are looking at your watch every sec well of course you are going to see 11:11, well at least twice a day...lol But at last this is the beauty of a forum. We all agree to disagree and it has given us something to talk about... Yes?

Yes I have been in contact with my guides, and Angel. But when I was a child I saw it also all the time. And then it stopped and now it's back...

Master number 1# take care Melanie

The "theory" as i understand it is.. repeating numbers have to do with your beliefs about what the numbers mean to you and the numerology and sacred geometry behind it.

Are you in conscious communication with your "spirit guides"? This is one way spirits guides can communicate with you. I've only met my guide once. Less than one earth orbit ago. And now im doing energy work to strengthen the connection. Which is why im here.

For me, repeating numbers mean synchronicity, your on the right track, or something similar- and I see 11:11 most often. Not just on clocks either, which can be too much of a "coincidence" as people say. Its too easy to say your just looking for 11:11 on the clock. Which is true.

For example, I just started taking an energy cultivation/kundalini training. My first day at class (during class actually), I noticed the number 1111. This happens often and can be a coincidence, no doubt. However the 1111 wasn't on a clock or some random number I was looking at.

It was my brand new business i just started last month that made me $1,111 that day. Yeah, my income stopped at $1,111 DURING my very first energy cultivation/kundalini class- pretty cool. And I just started doing $1,000 a day very recently, so I increased my income just in time, hehe..

With clocks there will always be repeating numbers... But making an income of $1,111 is a bit different IMO. Especially since I'm not used to this kind of money.

I also see a lot of repeating numbers in my business, other than the money I make, so maybe I am in the right business! Even if im "wrong", I dont care! I'm happy, following my passions, doing energy work, and my brand new business made $1,111 in one day! Time to ramp it up 10x's that :)

My beliefs are working for me!!

Here's what I mean by repeating numbers:

post-55173-128586393418_thumb.png

What you see there is only some of the 11.11's. If I post them all I'd have to edit out more information for privacy ;)

Even my TaoBums profile is showing me repeating numbers!!! 111's 555's..

post-55173-128586883671_thumb.png

(I didn't sign up at 5:55am, that's just the time setting it happened to be on when I signed up)

I didn't always see repeating numbers like this, but now i see them all day and they pop up everywhere!

Anyways, this is just part of the theory and my personal experience of it. And I continue to have positive synchronicity in my life, so that's what matters to me.

The same here ; 00:38 = 3+8= 11

Verse 11 of the TAO shows you how the make tools that can answer your question

Verse 73 is the logical response to your inquiring mind

(the rule : a TAO verse interacts with the diminishing of the verse number with 19

If the TAO verse number is smaller than 20 then add 62 to know the response)

so here verse 11 leads to 73 : click on 11

to fabricate the tool : Page 2

and have a dictionary that uses example sentences that explain the words...

I use the " Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English - edition 2003)

or you can use the on line version. Instead of asking a page number

ask with the pendulum 3 starting letters followed by an asterisk sign

Ask what word and explanation that has the answer to your question,

All your questions shall be answered...

But please, don't ask what time it is <_<

Taoistic Greetz

3deedit

Hi there,

Wow that is awesome... Numbers have always played a big part in who we are, and what will happen, the sky's, our birthdate... Cool... Thank you Mel

P.S. I am a voyager right now, and as a child I would of been growing spiritually, and mentally, big time... And I guess I went through a slow spot in life... Now I'm back at it, and life has lead me here... I have only have been on one other forum, and I'm pretty much a one forum girl. This is so right on... Wow i just can't get over it... Thanks again.... I also have used the pendulum before, this is a great way to contact your spirit guide, this is great information... After awhile no tool needed but brain...

1 The Way 63

1VOYAGERmessages, transport, visitors

The Way that can be experienced is not true;

The world that can be constructed is not real.

The Way manifests all that happens and may happen;

The world represents all that exists and may exist.

To experience without abstraction is to sense the world;

To experience with abstraction is to know the world.

These two experiences are indistinguishable;

Their construction differs but their effect is the same.

Beyond the gate of experience flows the Way,

Which is ever greater and more subtle than the world

The same here ; 00:38 = 3+8= 11

Verse 11 of the TAO shows you how the make tools that can answer your question

Verse 73 is the logical response to your inquiring mind

(the rule : a TAO verse interacts with the diminishing of the verse number with 19

If the TAO verse number is smaller than 20 then add 62 to know the response)

so here verse 11 leads to 73 : click on 11

to fabricate the tool : Page 2

and have a dictionary that uses example sentences that explain the words...

I use the " Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English - edition 2003)

or you can use the on line version. Instead of asking a page number

ask with the pendulum 3 starting letters followed by an asterisk sign

Ask what word and explanation that has the answer to your question,

All your questions shall be answered...

But please, don't ask what time it is <_<

Taoistic Greetz

3deedit

Edited by goonis38

Tools

Good like a 3:57

is good

Hey there,

Our brain is our best tool, but these are good to get a person started... We are all on the same path together to grow, and learn... And live, and love, and laugh, and enjoy, this life we have been blessed with to the fullest of our own selfs... " To thin own self we true" Mel

"Hey there,

Our brain is our best tool,"

-if it's working correctly to begin with :ninja: I'm not trying to be offensive, just suggesting that in some circumstances, not everyone may have full access to their own "brain" resources.

"but these are good to get a person started... We are all on the same path together to grow, and learn... And live, and love, and laugh, and enjoy,"

I would love to believe this but sadly, I do not as yet. While I favour a "positive attitude" for inner strength and health- our reality (that we have created together, if you prefer) ain't pretty.

"this life we have been blessed with to the fullest of our own selfs... " To thin own self we true" Mel"

We have been blessed and we too often dash that blessing to the ground as if it were nothing. Or we let others do it for us. I dunno Mel.

"Hey there,

Our brain is our best tool,"

-if it's working correctly to begin with :ninja: I'm not trying to be offensive, just suggesting that in some circumstances, not everyone may have full access to their own "brain" resources.

"but these are good to get a person started... We are all on the same path together to grow, and learn... And live, and love, and laugh, and enjoy,"

I would love to believe this but sadly, I do not as yet. While I favour a "positive attitude" for inner strength and health- our reality (that we have created together, if you prefer) ain't pretty.

"this life we have been blessed with to the fullest of our own selfs... " To thin own self we true" Mel"

We have been blessed and we too often dash that blessing to the ground as if it were nothing. Or we let others do it for us. I dunno Mel.

Hey Kate,

I am so happy i have found such a sweet bunch of people who are so kind and loving and most of all encouraging those that need guidance... Thank you so very much... Take care Melanie

P.S. Maybe we may run into one another in an OBE someday that would be cool. You are so sweet i bet your light shines so bright I can spot you from a mile off... Stay sweet...

I remember when Coast to Coast AM covered this with a guest way back when

Can't recall if Art or George was hosting at that time

I'm sure there is an archive somewhere

I remember when Coast to Coast AM covered this with a guest way back when

Can't recall if Art or George was hosting at that time

I'm sure there is an archive somewhere

Hey,

"Coast to Coast" is pretty cool, if I can ever stay up that long. I'm not much of a night owl. My husband and I used to love and stay up in our younger days and listen to that... You can hear some pretty cool stuff, I don't know how much of it is true... But it is a guilty pleasure...lol

Take Melanie

The "theory" as i understand it is.. repeating numbers have to do with your beliefs about what the numbers mean to you and the numerology and sacred geometry behind it.

Are you in conscious communication with your "spirit guides"? This is one way spirits guides can communicate with you. I've only met my guide once. Less than one earth orbit ago. And now im doing energy work to strengthen the connection. Which is why im here.

For me, repeating numbers mean synchronicity, your on the right track, or something similar- and I see 11:11 most often. Not just on clocks either, which can be too much of a "coincidence" as people say. Its too easy to say your just looking for 11:11 on the clock. Which is true.

For example, I just started taking an energy cultivation/kundalini training. My first day at class (during class actually), I noticed the number 1111. This happens often and can be a coincidence, no doubt. However the 1111 wasn't on a clock or some random number I was looking at.

It was my brand new business i just started last month that made me $1,111 that day. Yeah, my income stopped at $1,111 DURING my very first energy cultivation/kundalini class- pretty cool. And I just started doing $1,000 a day very recently, so I increased my income just in time, hehe..

With clocks there will always be repeating numbers... But making an income of $1,111 is a bit different IMO. Especially since I'm not used to this kind of money.

I also see a lot of repeating numbers in my business, other than the money I make, so maybe I am in the right business! Even if im "wrong", I dont care! I'm happy, following my passions, doing energy work, and my brand new business made $1,111 in one day! Time to ramp it up 10x's that :)

My beliefs are working for me!!

Here's what I mean by repeating numbers:

post-55173-128586393418_thumb.png

What you see there is only some of the 11.11's. If I post them all I'd have to edit out more information for privacy ;)

Even my TaoBums profile is showing me repeating numbers!!! 111's 555's..

post-55173-128586883671_thumb.png

(I didn't sign up at 5:55am, that's just the time setting it happened to be on when I signed up)

I didn't always see repeating numbers like this, but now i see them all day and they pop up everywhere!

Anyways, this is just part of the theory and my personal experience of it. And I continue to have positive synchronicity in my life, so that's what matters to me.

Oprah should do a show on this!! Really!!

Jeez, this is almost embarrassing. I can't wait until some Skeptic crashes this forum and exposes all the New Agey fuzzy thought here. Obviously no one here knows a thing about Mathematics and Probability. Next thing you know we'll all be noticing references to Unicorns!! Yay!!!

save-the-unicorns--large-prf-1188717218.jpg49f6358454977_featured_without_text_unicorn.jpgunicorns_and_dolphins-11277.jpg

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Jeez, this is almost embarrassing. I can't wait until some Skeptic crashes this forum and exposes all the New Agey fuzzy thought here. Obviously no one here knows a thing about Mathematics and Probability. Next thing you know we'll all be noticing references to Unicorns!! Yay!!!

save-the-unicorns--large-prf-1188717218.jpg49f6358454977_featured_without_text_unicorn.jpgunicorns_and_dolphins-11277.jpg

Where's my pony then ? :ninja:

Really? Thanks for the tip, chiqua.

OK, for all the fuzz-brains here who think finding these numbers "everywhere" are so special, consider the Birthday Paradox.

In probability theory, the Birthday Paradox pertains to the probability that in a set of randomly chosen people some pair of them will have the same birthday. By the pigeonhole principle, the probability reaches 100% when the number of people reaches 367 (including February 29 births). But perhaps counter-intuitively, 99% probability is reached with just 57 people, and 50% probability with 23 people. These conclusions must stem from the assumption that each day of the year (except February 29) is equally probable for a birthday.

The same sort of thing applies when noticing these "special numbers". You don't notice all the times that the numbers aren't that, plus, there is the decent probability of finding a certain time when you look at the clock during any activity being 11:11, or whatever. You also have an internal clock that is pretty accurate if you tune into it. Assigning too much significance to these events is typical New Age fuzziness. It is merely very low level synchronicity. There is much higher levels of synchronicity which would be an interesting topic for a thread, but not this clock nonsense.

I had a friend who's sister was going on a blind date with a guy whose last 4 digits in his phone number was 4268, which was exactly the same number of the address she and her sister had when they were in college, and she was convinced that this meant that they were fated to be together! I mean, the chances of that happening are 1:1000! The sister agreed, and it was all magical romance for the first month as these soul mates linked up. And broke up horribly 3 months later, having found out that they had nothing in common. Whaaaaa??!!

But it seems like some of the people here think like this. Anyone with any knowledge of Probability and Math would see that these 11:11 things are actually pretty likely to occur. In fact, it would be remarkable if you never had any of these 'number coincidences'.

2480311480100068365S600x600Q85.jpg

Unicorn Pony

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

TheSongsofDistantEarth,

well, I'm married to a mathematician who works for a Wall Street company and is exposed to all manner of probabilistic processes on a daily basis. I never studied grad school level math or physics, but they used to be topics of our leisurely conversations for years, and I got many (hundreds, if not thousands) top notch lectures in both subjects, so my knowledge of these areas is very patchy but neither trivial nor nonexistent.

I assure you that there are other explanations than "probability" and "noticing" (by the way, "noticing" or not is something that has little to do with math), e.g. for a practitioner of Xuan Kong feng shui, an I Ching diviner, a Chinese astrology reader, a chaos-fractals-power laws dabbler, a fuzzy-logic student, a transmissions recipient, a taoist magic practitioner, etc. -- and I would have to mark "all of the above and more" if asked what I've been exposed to in terms of non-curricular math --

there's a helluva lot more reasons to pay attention to numbers and their behavior in real life than new agey flakiness you propose. This doesn't mean that new agey flakes can't jump to unwarranted conclusions based on mere coincidence. But let it be known that coincidence theorists jump to as many flaky conclusions themselves, on closer examination. Been there established that.:lol:

Hey Guy's

I am so upset... you mean unicorns aren't real? No... Say it isn't so. How about Santa? "You are crushing my soul".... You a monster...lol

Lots of love Mel

TheSongsofDistantEarth,

well, I'm married to a mathematician who works for a Wall Street company and is exposed to all manner of probabilistic processes on a daily basis. I never studied grad school level math or physics, but they used to be topics of our leisurely conversations for years, and I got many (hundreds, if not thousands) top notch lectures in both subjects, so my knowledge of these areas is very patchy but neither trivial nor nonexistent.

I assure you that there are other explanations than "probability" and "noticing" (by the way, "noticing" or not is something that has little to do with math), e.g. for a practitioner of Xuan Kong feng shui, an I Ching diviner, a Chinese astrology reader, a chaos-fractals-power laws dabbler, a fuzzy-logic student, a transmissions recipient, a taoist magic practitioner, etc. -- and I would have to mark "all of the above and more" if asked what I've been exposed to in terms of non-curricular math --

there's a helluva lot more reasons to pay attention to numbers and their behavior in real life than new agey flakiness you propose. This doesn't mean that new agey flakes can't jump to unwarranted conclusions based on mere coincidence. But let it be known that coincidence theorists jump to as many flaky conclusions themselves, on closer examination. Been there established that.:lol:

Sorry, noticing 11:11 on the clock frequently has no objective significance, even to Einstein. Of course, assigning significance is your perogative, but statistically speaking, it's no big deal.

Sorry, noticing 11:11 on the clock frequently has no objective significance, even to Einstein. Of course, assigning significance is your perogative, but statistically speaking, it's no big deal.

Einstein believed in unicorns though.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Love that pic,

One thing you have to admit, this thread went on longer than i thought it would... It was just a passing thought... I didn't expect this...lol

This little guy had some legs... Good night all... Time to meditate... Yea!!!

No he didn't. He wasn't a wimp, and he didn't do Disney.

He meant this:

psychedelic.jpgB)

No he didn't. He wasn't a wimp, and he didn't do Disney.

He meant this:

psychedelic.jpgB)

You mean he was into ayahuasca?..

Anyway, unicorns don't originate with Disney, and neither do mermaids, griffons, phoenixes, kirins, dragons, or any of the other animals recorded by Chinese bureacracy and reported to the imperial court at least as recently as the Tang dynasty, to say nothing of earlier periods. Making up such encounters or presenting them in the absence of several corroborating eyewitnesses was punishable by death, by the way, since the emperor based political and military decisions on these sightings. They were taken seriously, and China became a serious power. Still is...

Guest paul walter

Einstein believed in unicorns though.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Well unfortunately he lived up to that quote in some ways :rolleyes:. Perhaps he believed in unicorns because they represented a more harmonious illusion to the 'western' mind rather than the 'new' territory of quantum mechanics? Paul