DaoChild

What is the GOAL of your cultivation?

I think there is quite a varied set of goals on this forum:

I mostly see three types of people:

A. People who want to improve their lives or cure some sort of problem

B. People who want metaphysical explanations for thing

C. People interested in metaphysics and interested in acquisition of "powers" found in folklore

My question is this:

For you, what's your personal reason for this interest?

Having moved to China to study martial arts and taoism more in depth, It really made me realize what I really want and what i'm actually after.

IMHO if you are after "powers" or 4 hr / day cultivation, having a family is probably not for you. Nor is having a vibrant social life in addition to being able to work a job.

So at what point do we say "this is enough" ?

I right now realize that at some point in my life I will have a family, I'll be someone's neighbor, I'll be barbecue-ing. What then is the point of this "other" stuff? Beyond the most basic/profound qualities of Taoism (inner tranquility despite what's going on outside), is anything else useful?

No :) ... my 1 bit worth

1. Become a powerful Healer and fullfill my life purpose

2. Become intune with my true nature

3. Become a master of Meditation

-These are my goals so far.

Healthy mind/body. Skillful action. Integrity. Work out what I am here to do really.

I can't work that last part out yet. You know, aside from eating, sleeping, pooping, peeing, sexing, walking around, breathing :blink:

Physical health and balance for sure.

But I am finding that having a goal is actually counter productive to the main thing.

I wish I could say this better.

My cultivation goal is consummation.

By consummation I mean going back to my original place in the cosmos where I once was born and where all my family waits for my return. My original home is outside the three realms(the area of the nine planets) and therefore I must reach at least Arhat status in my cultivation to be able to go back home.

I cultivate in Falun Dafa and therefore my Gong level is rising quickly, however I feel that my level must be raised very rapidly to be able to make it out of the three realms in time(Fa-rectification process is soon over). At the same time I must help many other people and take good care of my family. If I make it out of the three realms my near relatives will be sent up to a high level too so they cross their fingers for my success.

When I have consummated I will be in perfect balance again.

Goal 1: Get my beard to go all brown again

Goal 2: Get rid of my athlete's foot, for good this time!

Goal 3: Levitate

I know, unrealistic. But on the other hand, realistic goals are boring

h

My goal is to live longer, look and stay young (forever if possible lol), so that I could get to do all the things that I love to do without worrying about my health. Because, in the first place I got into this practice since back then I used to have health problems. And it really sucks when your body is ill, you're restricted to do certain things. And I'm way way over that.

Also I want to be able to heal others personally or remotely, especially people who are dear to me.

Live like a undercover superhero(seriously haha...) and use the abilities I develop along the way to improve the quality of my life and the lives of people around me.

Last but not the least. To deepen my spiritual development and understanding of life.

SY

Edited by SirYuri

Hi balance.,

I like your signature quote, as it is especially relevant in this thread. ^_^

Disdain the fruits of your meditation, and the tree of your inner progress will bloom all the more richly.

-- Deng Ming Dao

I'm happy you find it agreeable... It is indeed a good one.

Though I suppose, coming back to the thread, even not having a goal is having a goal.. just as inaction is action... But i'd like to think that keeping your eyes on your idea of the prize is different from being receptive to all that comes... All I can do is practice with a diligent and open heart and trust in the power of the Great Magnet.

And as Mick said, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes well you just might find, you get what you need."

balance.

*edit for the proper transcription of occasionally useful pop culture references.

Edited by balance.