goldisheavy

There no awakening for Kundalini

Wow, you held onto that anger for that many days straight? Mmmmmkay.
Has anyone else noticed an increasing number of people just losing it and blowing their tops in the last few months? Both online here and off? I know I sure have...

I wonder if there might be some big cathartic cataclysm soon too? :blink:

Anyone taking bets on the next big global disaster??? :o

Edited by vortex

Better to have one proper mind-amulet, hardened and polished like a diamond... indestructible, and forever shining by its own light!

I relly like this

Has anyone else noticed an increasing number of people just losing it and blowing their tops in the last few months? Both online here and off? I know I sure have...

People arround me, friends and family, have actually started getting things together more and more. It has been the same as well. But I have seen some people loose it online lately but can`t really say if that is more or less than before.

I can say for sure that acquiring amulets and pendants, which many Asians have a weakness for, cannot help, if fundamentally there is no harmony between one's spiritual attainments and normal, everyday behavior in terms of interacting with others. Because of this, purification of the inner being becomes hampered, traces of arrogance creeps in, and slowly, one could end up being tormented in the 'lower realms', even though there had been years put in to spiritual practices (and wasted). Its similar to a brand new car that is left too long near the sea - the breeze alone can rust the car after a while. We cant see the breeze, yet its effect can be very obvious.

Excellent observances! Something to definitely keep in mind... Mahro Pranams!

For all the talk of kundalini, I've really only ran into one person who talked about it negatively: G.I. Gurdjieff. He said that kundalini is the power of imagination, and that by arousing it one could prematurely "freeze" one's spiritual development. I'm not saying I agree or disagree.

Yeah I have read a lot of Gurdjieff, he doesn't say arousing it will freeze your development he says that kundalini is the actual force which is keeping everyone asleep and hypnotised 24 hours a day, so is the most malignant force within you. Personally I have found Gurdjieff to be right on so many things that I would never discount what he says about anything, although it must be noted that he says some things for purposeful effect and talks in riddles, he believed that in general the world is upside down or back to front so if the popular opinion says that kundalini is the force which wakes you up in reality the opposite is most likely to be closer to the actual truth

Yeah I have read a lot of Gurdjieff, he doesn't say arousing it will freeze your development he says that kundalini is the actual force which is keeping everyone asleep and hypnotised 24 hours a day, so is the most malignant force within you. Personally I have found Gurdjieff to be right on so many things that I would never discount what he says about anything, although it must be noted that he says some things for purposeful effect and talks in riddles, he believed that in general the world is upside down or back to front so if the popular opinion says that kundalini is the force which wakes you up in reality the opposite is most likely to be closer to the actual truth

The force that keeps everyone asleep and hypnotized is repression. Its agents and devices are many and its palace is the neocortex. Its servants are dispensed all over the body and all through the mind, keeping all your memories, those of the actual events you lived through in this life since before birth, in solitary confinement cells that don't allow them to communicate with other inmates OR the "current you" who knows nothing about their existence. Kundalini is one such inmate, the big gal, but by far not the only one.

Awakening kundalini amounts to breaking down the door of her cell and out she rushes, and because she is a big gal, she smashes doors of many, many (though never all and never all at once) other cells on her way out, so many other inmates rush out, and many cells she can't break through at once she will be banging against violently till the doors fall or she drops dead, or both. That's what you perceive that is conveniently chalked up to some abstract, no-relation-to-my-personal-developmental-history "kundalini syndrome." It ain't no syndrome. It's you. It's everything your consciousness wasn't allowed to perceive because it is a totalitarian police state, your consciousness is, that's the way it was shaped so far by "civilized" human innovations in the ways to raise the young of the species in the past few thousand years.

The danger of kundalini awakening is that of a prison break, a prison riot. You can't say it's a bad thing, but you have to have lived through a prison riot within your own being to know how un-plannable, un-controllable, un-expected the developments can be in the course of a violent revolt against the police state that unbeknown to you ruled your consciousness till then.

Awakened kundalini guarantees no such thing as a better resulting state of consciousness, an "enlightened" rule within your consciousness. If you manage to learn each prisoner's name, history, skills and strengths, weaknesses and desires, if you learn, one by one, what your true feelings are and where they come from and how and why... then you may eventually have them stop raging or despairing or otherwise acting out their pent-up frustrations and start communicating with each other, learning about each other, and doing something constructive together. Rebuilding the former prison into a temple, or a hut in the mountains, or a suburban home, they will know what they really want to build and where they want to live once they've been accounted for, acknowledged, accepted, and calmed down. Occasionally -- on many occasions -- they won't be able to learn to communicate with each other constructively, and will merely turn the former prison into a lunatic asylum. Then the ones exhausted in the course of the riot will go catatonic, and the stronger one or two will bully everyone else into submission, and the new "home" for your consciousness will be as lousy as the prison it was before. It all depends...

If you manage to learn each prisoner's name, history, skills and strengths, weaknesses and desires, if you learn, one by one, what your true feelings are and where they come from and how and why... then you may eventually have them stop raging or despairing or otherwise acting out their pent-up frustrations and start communicating with each other, learning about each other, and doing something constructive together.

I think that this is why it's important to develop insight first. I think this is why most Buddhist Tantra goes from top down.

By the way... I love your prison metaphor! Awesome to read!

By the way... I love your prison metaphor! Awesome to read!

Yes! Wonderfully expressed (as usual...) :)

//--> ~jK~ has been suspended from posting for 30-days for violations of ourForum Guidelines:

Well he seemed to want that.

This was a civilized discussion last time I looked.

I very much like Taomeows prison break analogy and also if I have it right the Gurdieff inversion - in the sense that maybe that which people seek to get liberation is actually what binds them (have I got that right?).

I said somewhere (maybe not this thread) that I thought that true spiritual development (for want of a better name) does not = kundalini or indeed any 'experience' ... we seem to like focusing on the whizz bang flashing lights and fireworks stuff ... when possibly this is just a side show ... or even worse a distraction.

People write on here with the language of great authority when I suspect that we are all finding our way in varying shades of darkness. Also there is always more than one way to skin the proverbial ... I think we should remember this.

Have we all got a little more tetchy lately? Can we blame it on the Autumnal Equinox? Is that today? I think it might be.

The force that keeps everyone asleep and hypnotized is repression. Its agents and devices are many and its palace is the neocortex. Its servants are dispensed all over the body and all through the mind, keeping all your memories, those of the actual events you lived through in this life since before birth, in solitary confinement cells that don't allow them to communicate with other inmates OR the "current you" who knows nothing about their existence. Kundalini is one such inmate, the big gal, but by far not the only one.

Awakening kundalini amounts to breaking down the door of her cell and out she rushes, and because she is a big gal, she smashes doors of many, many (though never all and never all at once) other cells on her way out, so many other inmates rush out, and many cells she can't break through at once she will be banging against violently till the doors fall or she drops dead, or both. That's what you perceive that is conveniently chalked up to some abstract, no-relation-to-my-personal-developmental-history "kundalini syndrome." It ain't no syndrome. It's you. It's everything your consciousness wasn't allowed to perceive because it is a totalitarian police state, your consciousness is, that's the way it was shaped so far by "civilized" human innovations in the ways to raise the young of the species in the past few thousand years.

The danger of kundalini awakening is that of a prison break, a prison riot. You can't say it's a bad thing, but you have to have lived through a prison riot within your own being to know how un-plannable, un-controllable, un-expected the developments can be in the course of a violent revolt against the police state that unbeknown to you ruled your consciousness till then.

Awakened kundalini guarantees no such thing as a better resulting state of consciousness, an "enlightened" rule within your consciousness. If you manage to learn each prisoner's name, history, skills and strengths, weaknesses and desires, if you learn, one by one, what your true feelings are and where they come from and how and why... then you may eventually have them stop raging or despairing or otherwise acting out their pent-up frustrations and start communicating with each other, learning about each other, and doing something constructive together. Rebuilding the former prison into a temple, or a hut in the mountains, or a suburban home, they will know what they really want to build and where they want to live once they've been accounted for, acknowledged, accepted, and calmed down. Occasionally -- on many occasions -- they won't be able to learn to communicate with each other constructively, and will merely turn the former prison into a lunatic asylum. Then the ones exhausted in the course of the riot will go catatonic, and the stronger one or two will bully everyone else into submission, and the new "home" for your consciousness will be as lousy as the prison it was before. It all depends...

Wow.. Powerful writing!

Um, I hope not. I have no insights into such things in particular at this time.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Some rudimentary thoughts. Since the scales of libra measure, or show how balanced one is, If one hasn't planted well in spring, then might one's "harvest" be off, feeling unbalanced, at autumnal equinox?

Look at durkhrod, admittedly with strong virgo and libran qualities, saying goodbye yesterday. :o Maybe his type is especially sensitive at this time of year? :huh:

I'm no expert... Taomeow, where are yoouuuuu? ;)

Lots of people been flippin round me in the last week. A friend just got committed... What's the cheeky astrology up too?

Look at durkhrod, admittedly with strong virgo and libran qualities, saying goodbye yesterday. :o

We could reference it with his previous goodbye post and see if there is an astrological correlation :D

Surely its the Equinox that affects our moods.

Wiki on Equinox

?

It might also be possible that we allow ourselves to be displaced from sitting comfortably within the 'lotus' of our own minds that subject us to being affected by external influences? :D

It might also be possible that we allow ourselves to be displaced from sitting comfortably within the 'lotus' of our own minds that subject us to being affected by external influences? :D

Ultimately yes, but I think it is fairly well attested that things like the incidence of the common cold and flu rise in the period of 2 weeks either side of the equinoxs (equinoxi?) and solstices - this is because there is a phase shift in natures energy at this time.

Ultimately yes, but I think it is fairly well attested that things like the incidence of the common cold and flu rise in the period of 2 weeks either side of the equinoxs (equinoxi?) and solstices - this is because there is a phase shift in natures energy at this time.

Maybe this is because most of us operate way below our optimum level of 'being' at ease from within. We become heavy instead of light.

What do you think?

Personally i feel that if i can shift with the flow, the tendency will be that i will stay afloat, no matter what level the tide. Plant a stick deep into the sand and it gets swallowed when the tide comes in.

'Mind' can be like this stick. Sometimes we plant it too deep into things, whereby these very things, instead of lending buoyancy, fixate us, and as a result, stifle the unlimited potential to choose a different thought sequence or pattern. Hence most of us simply remain reactionary to conditions that generally are affecting 99.9 percent of the population. This is why Messiahs and Buddhas are seldom seen nowadays. Bad atmosphere? :o

:) just pondering....

Maybe this is because most of us operate way below our optimum level of 'being' at ease from within. We become heavy instead of light.

What do you think?

Personally i feel that if i can shift with the flow, the tendency will be that i will stay afloat, no matter what level the tide. Plant a stick deep into the sand and it gets swallowed when the tide comes in.

'Mind' can be like this stick. Sometimes we plant it too deep into things, whereby these very things, instead of lending buoyancy, fixate us, and as a result, stifle the unlimited potential to choose a different thought sequence or pattern. Hence most of us simply remain reactionary to conditions that generally are affecting 99.9 percent of the population. This is why Messiahs and Buddhas are seldom seen nowadays. Bad atmosphere? :o

:) just pondering....

Yes ultimately - but on a practical level we are still subject to the tidal flow of energy (for want of a better word). Of course if we are tuned in enough we will just dance with this energy rather than getting submerged.

Certainly don't get many Buddhas and Messiahs ... and yes most people seem to be very engrossed in the world at the moment.

Maybe the lack of buddahs, and massiahs is just a sign of how different the times are? Li Hongzhi claims to be a massiah if I remember correctly but everyone who doesn't practice Falun Gong seems to think he's a crackpot (just an observation, not a criticism).

The guy who started the mormons claimed to be a prophet and people listened to him too. But if he had come today I suspect he would have simply been placed in a rubber room with some strong medication..

Abraham was all set to kill his own son and Jephthah (judges 11) actually did slaughter his only daughter. Both of these were considered great and holy men yet I've seen several people in the news who killed there own children claiming 'God' told them to do it and they were thrown in prison. Now they are condemned by the very same people who still revere Abraham and Jephthah to this day. :wacko: