Makyea

Military Training

Hey Ralis,

You see that , they dropped the charge.

Typical charecter assasination. Just as more revelations were about to be made public, they pull this stunt.

Make an allegation against him, knowing there is not enough evidence to bring him to court, make the allegation public and then pull back, leaving a stain on his character and undermining his position and authenticity.

A Drew said, its psychological operations which are used by every intelligence service in the world. Black propoganda.

If you cant kill the person, then kill his credibility and charecter.

Hey Ralis,

You see that , they dropped the charge.

Typical charecter assasination. Just as more revelations were about to be made public, they pull this stunt.

Make an allegation against him, knowing there is not enough evidence to bring him to court, make the allegation public and then pull back, leaving a stain on his character and undermining his position and authenticity.

A Drew said, its psychological operations which are used by every intelligence service in the world. Black propoganda.

If you cant kill the person, then kill his credibility and charecter.

Right if you want to learn more about "sex blackmail" then read Jim Hougan's excellent expose on spooks and the CIA:

http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Agenda-Watergate-Deep-Throat/dp/0394514289

Five men were arrested in the Watergate headquarters of the Democratic National Committee. Wearing business suits and surgical gloves, they were in possession of bugging devices and photographic equipment. The book reveals that accounts of the break in have been deliberately falsified by a CIA cover story. One of the most important political events in American history, the Watergate affair, came to a dramatic end in 1974 with the resignation in disgrace of President Richard M. Nixon. Ten years later, investigative journalist Jim Hougan, relying upon thousands of pages formerly secret FBI and CIA documents, police vice squad reports and interviews with White House officials, Cabinet members, landladies, secretaries, security guards - at least a hundred in all - has come to startling conclusions about what really happened at the Watergate and asks questions never before posed

A small group of 10% of Americans own a whopping 93% of its financial assets, and thats only growing disparity as the economic crisis obliterates the middle class in real time. Its only natural that such a potent minority would control both the government and that means military as well.

Thats an absolutely scary statistic not worth fighting FOR, but against.

Can I ask the OP why she doesnt just go to a university and learn Engineering or go to a technical school, why take the military route at all? In egalitarian socities, and every country Ive ever lived in only one guy I knew would even consider this military route--perhaps because higher education is cheaper than in the USA, or even free.

"her head full of lifelong propaganda, she went headfirst into serving the elites of a decaying empire, only to find herself a cog in an evil machine."

Can I ask the OP why she doesnt just go to a university and learn Engineering or go to a technical school, why take the military route at all?

By my observation, people usually go military for two main reasons:

- Money

- No necessity of making decisions in day-to-day life

Either reason is perfectly valid though as people are different.

Oh, you want to join the military and advance in life? Why? You should just sit around in full lotus giving fat McDonalds workers orgasms, right drewhempel? -_-

Oh, you want to join the military and advance in life? Why? You should just sit around in full lotus giving fat McDonalds workers orgasms, right drewhempel? -_-

Titled "Too Fat to Fight," the April study bluntly concludes that 9

million 17- to 24-year-olds -- 27 percent of all young adults -- "are

too fat to serve in the military."

http://counter-recruitment.blogspot.com/2010/08/too-fat-to-fight-military-recruits-and.html

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/2010/0407/No-more-Burger-King-on-Afghanistan-base-Soldiers-grumble.

No more Burger King on Afghanistan base? Soldiers grumble.

The US military may shut down ‘nonessential’ fast food joints like Burger King at their largest air base in Afghanistan. Soldiers lament the loss: 'Do they think we have it easy in this war zone?’

Edited by drewhempel

I don't see how joining the military is advancing in life. If you live in a big city, go find the homeless people and ask if they were in the military. Most were. They don't know how to live because they don't have anyone barking orders at them, and they have learned to live in the worst possible conditions so the street is no problem. The pentagon has also probably screwed them over.

Researching on oneself about spiritual alchemy, energetically healing one's own parents (upgrading your contribution to the gene pool) and others, sharing everything you know with like-minded people (us)...I don't see how that's something to be frowned upon. That is a passionate and fulfilling life. That is advancing our world.

Becoming an alcoholic, a smoker, fat, who swears too much and is racist/misogynist, who has PTSD, who lives in an ugly ranch style house, stocked with guns, who yells at Fox news in an attempt to change the political situation, praying to God that all other-colored-skin-people die and that Hummmerrriicaa stays at peace, sitting on the front porch watching cars go by for hours (most veterans are like this)...I don't see a person like this as accomplishing anything with their life. They are stuck. They are passionless, and wasting oxygen, waiting for their time to go.

http://mssparky.com/2010/07/us-military-investigates-contractor-work-force-with-docs/

BAGHDAD — The U.S. military said Wednesday it is clamping down on contracting firms on American military bases using employees whose home countries ban travel to Iraq, raising questions about why the contractors were allowed to work in the country for so long despite the ban.

Philippines citizens have been banned since 2004 from traveling to Iraq after insurgents threatened to behead a Filipino truck driver, and officials in the Philippines say they have repeatedly asked the U.S. and other countries to respect their ban. Nepal also bans its citizens from working in Iraq due to security concerns.

Despite the ban, many citizens from Nepal and the Philippines still make the journey to Iraq, joining the tens of thousands of contractors working in jobs ranging from security to kitchen staff on bases.

Frankly, this trafficking doesn’t just end there. Ask AFFEES on each of the 4 bases in Kuwait to ask each worker of GREEN BEAN, Star Bucks, and McDonalds, or whatever fast-food they have on the bases to produce their passport. I bet they don’t have it and the base commanders (Army no doubt). Ask them to put McDonalds, KFC, Star Bucks, Johnny Rockets, Chili’s, Fridays, Applebees, all off limits. Those establishments all withhold the passports of their employees. That is the definition of a violation of Human Trafficking: 2.6 Joint Contracting Command Iraq / Afghanistan Required Instruction To The

Contractor: Acquisition Instruction (AI) 22.1 Prohibition Against Human Trafficking,

Inhumane Living Conditions, and Withholding of Employee Passports (5 Nov 07): All

Contractors (“Contractors” herein below includes subcontractors at all tiers) are reminded of the

prohibition contained in Title 18, United States Code, Section 1592, against knowingly

destroying, concealing, removing, confiscating, or possessing any actual or purported passport or

other immigration document, or any other actual or purported government identification

document, of another person, to prevent or restrict or to attempt to prevent or restrict, without lawful authority, the person’s liberty to move or travel, in order to maintain the labor or services of that person,…. That is right out of the Shuttle Bus Scope of Work for Kuwait. (so not Iraq – Kuwait)

Don’t you soldiers ask when you go to Kuwait City if the person serving you has their passport? You see, I know they don’t because I ask them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_and_Air_Force_Exchange_Service

The Army & Air Force Exchange Service (or AAFES) is an agency of the United States Department of Defense....AAFES operates some 147 retail stores and more than 2,000 fast food restaurants, such as Taco Bell, Burger King, Popeyes and Cinnabon.

Franchised Brands

This list is incomplete; you can help by expanding it.

* California Tortilla

* Anthonys Pizza

* A&W Restaurants

* Baskin-Robbins

* Burger King

* Blimpie

* Captain D's

* Charley's Grilled Subs

* Chili's

* Church's Chicken

* Cinnabon

* Dunkin Donuts

* Farley's & Sathers Candy Company, Inc.

* Godfather's Pizza

* Hot Topic

* Huddle House

* Einstein Bros. Bagels

* Macaroni Grill

* Manchu Wok

* Manhattan Bagel

* McDonald's

* Oscar Mayer

* Pizza Hut

* Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits

* Seattle's Best Coffee

* Smoothie King

* Starbucks

* Subway

* Taco Bell

* Taco John's

* Winger's

Is "huddle house" a fast food military franchise or? Ah Southern breakfast joint....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huddle_House

Edited by drewhempel

I usually like your posts and your good feelings, but I don't really understand how you can support the idea of an Army: it's something evil, point.

We're on a Taoist forum: the hihest value should be love and compassion.

Mmmkay.

http://www.meditationexpert.com/kuantzu.htm

Before Sun Tzu and Confucius there was Kuan Tzu, China's foremost geopolitical sage. He was a man who attained spiritual enlightenment, whereas Sun tzu had not. He taught ethics and virtue, which Machiavelli did not. He mastered the Tao, which shined through his political and military strategies, and his wisdom protected China from barbarian invasions and saved its imperial system from collapse.

Kuan Tzu, also known as "Kuan Zhong" or "Guan Tzu," was the prime minister and advisor to Duke Huan of the Chinese state of Qi. Despite fierce competitors, in just a few short years his diplomatic and economic strategies turned Duke Huan into the richest and most powerful man in China, and Kuan Tzu unified the nation through a strategy of peace rather than war. He came many years before Zun Tzu and Confucius, who both learned from this great man's strategy guide.

Kuan Tzu wrote a book on management to teach anyone how to do the same thing -- how to become the richest, most powerful person in the land ... or in a company or political organization. He taught the Taoist rules of power, management, influence and persuasion, but from an enlightened sage's point of view. His lessons are very effective, for few men in Chinese history have been granted the honorary title of "Tzu." They can be used for marketing startegy, for management training or as leadership lessons.

Despite the fact that both the Prussians and Japanese heavily relied on Kuan Tzu strategies to build their nations into superpowers, most people have never heard of this sage.

This is despite the fact that Kuan Tzu was the world's first Keynesian-Monetarist! That's right ... he used Keynesian and Monetarist policies to manage the economy of his state and build it into a superpower. But he did it through policies that recognized the existence of Machiavelli like individuals, yet which incorporated virtue and which melded with the Tao, or natural way of nature.

Remember, as with Lao Tzu and Chuang Tzu, Kuan Tzu is one of the few individuals in Chinese history who is actually recognized as an enlightened sage ... whereas Sun Tzu and Sun Bin (military strategists and tacticians) were not!

Forget about Sun Tzu, who focused on tactics to the detriment of strategy, and who did not attain the Tao. Learn from this enlightened sage instead.

Whether you are talking about a global or local arena, Kuan Tzu's strategies are so much higher and more effective than Sun Tzu's strategies and his Art of War that a comparison between the two isn't even fair. When you study Sun Tzu and Confucius, you'll even find that both these individuals actually referred to Kuan Tzu and his teachings.

Are there any other books on Kuan Tzu? Links?

ralis

Yeah good question - this book is fascinating from what I've read so far:

Roth, Harold. Original Tao: inward training (nei-yeh) and the foundations of Taoist mysticism. Columbia University Press. 1999.

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Tao-Foundations-Mysticism-Translations/dp/0231115652

Original Tao: Inward Training (Nei-yeh) and the Foundations of Taoist Mysticism (Translations from the Asian Classics) [Paperback]

http://books.google.com/books?id=rJd7o9Ub960C&dq=%22harold+roth%22+%22original+tao%22&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&ei=hqVwTLfXOoO3ngeSkdnWBw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCMQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false

http://cup.columbia.edu/book/978-0-231-11564-3/original-tao

Edited by drewhempel

I don't see how joining the military is advancing in life. If you live in a big city, go find the homeless people and ask if they were in the military. Most were. They don't know how to live because they don't have anyone barking orders at them, and they have learned to live in the worst possible conditions so the street is no problem. The pentagon has also probably screwed them over.

Researching on oneself about spiritual alchemy, energetically healing one's own parents (upgrading your contribution to the gene pool) and others, sharing everything you know with like-minded people (us)...I don't see how that's something to be frowned upon. That is a passionate and fulfilling life. That is advancing our world.

Becoming an alcoholic, a smoker, fat, who swears too much and is racist/misogynist, who has PTSD, who lives in an ugly ranch style house, stocked with guns, who yells at Fox news in an attempt to change the political situation, praying to God that all other-colored-skin-people die and that Hummmerrriicaa stays at peace, sitting on the front porch watching cars go by for hours (most veterans are like this)...I don't see a person like this as accomplishing anything with their life. They are stuck. They are passionless, and wasting oxygen, waiting for their time to go.

You are a veteran and you are not like this, and neither are any of the veterans I have met. :)

Guest paul walter

Yeah good question - this book is fascinating from what I've read so far:

Roth, Harold. Original Tao: inward training (nei-yeh) and the foundations of Taoist mysticism. Columbia University Press. 1999.

http://cup.columbia.edu/book/978-0-231-11564-3/original-tao

Roth has no idea about what such training really requires/is (very academic) but there are some interesting translations (if they can be trusted).Paul.

Roth has no idea about what such training really requires/is (very academic) but there are some interesting translations (if they can be trusted).Paul.

Roth and his students went here to do meditation training:

http://www.bmzc.org/events.html

http://www.brown.edu/Faculty/Contemplative_Studies_Initiative/

Edited by drewhempel

I had two uncles that were in WWII. One was in Patton's army and was on the front lines in Africa and any other campaigns in that area. He was in the 3rd wave on D Day, Battle of The Bulge and finally crossing the Rhine river. Front lines all the way.

Was he normal? Hell no!

My other uncle committed suicide and the family he raised was dysfunctional to the extreme.

All for the so called glory of war!

ralis

I had two uncles that were in WWII. One was in Patton's army and was on the front lines in Africa and any other campaigns in that area. He was in the 3rd wave on D Day, Battle of The Bulge and finally crossing the Rhine river. Front lines all the way.

Was he normal? Hell no!

My other uncle committed suicide and the family he raised was dysfunctional to the extreme.

All for the so called glory of war!

ralis

I met and spoke with 3 WWII veterans while out for lunch at work (2 Army, 1 Navy), they where all pretty normal to me and kept reminiscing on how many women they had over at Germany. They also constantly mentioned how they where just lucky to still be alive, and seemed very happy to be.

I met and spoke with 3 WWII veterans while out for lunch at work (2 Army, 1 Navy), they where all pretty normal to me and kept reminiscing on how many women they had over at Germany. They also constantly mentioned how they where just lucky to still be alive, and seemed very happy to be.

That was superficial talk. It all depends on what they were doing and if they were infantry or not. You should watch the interviews with the survivors of Easy Co. at the beginning of each episode of "Band of Brothers". None mentioned how many babes they had. Just the opposite.

ralis

My grandfater was a WWII vet, infantry on the front lines, tones of medals including a bronze star for valor in cambat, he was in Normandy, across France, Hurtigen forest, Battle of the Bulge, across Germany, ect... So what was he like?

He was one of the meanest sons of a bitches I've ever known. He was a chain smoking alcoholic, bigoted racist, hated everyone thing and everyone. My father said when he was a boy, my grandfater would come home super late every night drunk as a skunk and beat the crap out of him for no reason at all. Of course this screwed up my father, who is a total arse, and then my father abused me when I was little, which is a lot of the reason I got into Qigong in the first place, in order to heal that damage which really is just second hand abuse from my messed up Grandfathter.

Of course I loved listening to my grandfater tell war stories when I was little, as almost every boy does, and I'm sure its why my focus during University in histroy was upon WWII, but our family line sure suffered because of it.

After my parents got divorced, my mom went out a couple times with this ex speical forces guy who was in Vietnam. One time they were at a picnic and a helecoptor flew over and he dove under the table and low crawled across the ground. He could not sleep laying down, or with his feet covered because in the jungle he always had to sleep propped up against a tree because the VC were in the area.

When I was in the Army I was deployed to Bosnia right after their civil war ended with IFOR in 1996. Granted Bosnia for the US Military was realtively tame on the war scale. Yet there were land mines everywhere, you always had to be aware of where you went so you didn't go boom. A few guys got killed by mines. A couple times we were put on alert at our base because of possible terroist attack, and your thinking "oh crap I might have to shoot someone in a second, or be shot at". So when I got back to Germany where we were stationed it took me a while to be able to walk on grass and leave the sidewalk due to paranoia of mines. I would also wake up in the middle of the night groping for my weapon (which we did not keep by us in Germany) because I'd have a dream that a Bosnian militia group was over running our permemter. Now keep in mind Bosnia was a very tame experience and it still had a small effect on me for a little while. I can only imagine what a real war would do to someone.

Edited by dmattwads