Makyea

Military Training

What? Calling you a civilian? That's what I consider someone who is at no risk for deploying, and who wants to debate about the military. I don't care about your veteran status.

And I don't give a fuck if I'm banned for this. That would be good, because I need a breather from this topic.

The reason I deleted it was because I'm trying to live a life where I don't get so angry...where discussions on the military don't bother me so much. I'm also trying to get over being so pissed at you for insulting the honor of my dead friend, but it might take a while.

I agree that it was wrong, but to the military it was actually right. Our higher ups gave us a wink and a pat on the back. The Apaches that flew over us to assess the damage congratulated us. Everyone on the mission was happy and thirsty for more.

This was my whole point in the first place...the military isn't a good organization, and the soldiers aren't any good either.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, Scotty, a lot of responsibility and stress is placed on the shoulders of our of servicemen and many can not bear it. I am having a hard time understanding how you can say every soldier is no good, though? There is over a million people in the armed forces, mistakes are going to happen. Add in anger, hopelessness, despair, etc and you have a possible recipe for disaster, more so in combat situations (as you described).

I do not understand what happened to you, and I might never, but I pray for your recovery on any injuries the military might have had on your psyche. The military is not perfect but it defends the best set of ideals that I believe the world has ever seen, so I will stand behind it.

So you recommend taking no action against the terrorists? Like we did at the beginning of their efforts? That is why 9/11 was able to happen. We didn't take them seriously.
How did the Iraq War stop the terrorists responsible for 9II? I thought we actually voted them in twice? :wacko:

jetfueldees.jpg

How did the Iraq War stop the terrorists responsible for 9II? I thought we actually voted them in twice? :wacko:

jetfueldees.jpg

Read "See No Evil" by Robert Baer. He'll tell you.

No, "WE" did not vote them in twice. I did not vote them in the first time either. I always thought they were a bunch of dick-heads. In fact, the first time I saw Bush on TV I thought to myself, "Oh, No! A used car salesman!"

It was just all wrong but a majority of Americans fell for the foolishness. That's life.

Peace & Love!

No, "WE" did not vote them in twice. I did not vote them in the first time either. I always thought they were a bunch of dick-heads. In fact, the first time I saw Bush on TV I thought to myself, "Oh, No! A used car salesman!"

It was just all wrong but a majority of Americans fell for the foolishness. That's life.

Peace & Love!

It was the SCOTUS that appointed Bush by stopping the recount. They claimed that irreparable harm would happen to the Bush campaign if the recount were to continue. :lol:

ralis

We have a life to live and we need to let go of those things that are eating us up from the inside out.

I agree.

Feeling threaten is exactly what the media propaganda is doing since 9/11: since communism is not an enemy anymore, a new one was needed.

The invisible und unlocalized terrorist is the perfect metaphor in order to have an excuse for an endless war. So, instead of resolving a problem, you actually create new enemies: people in the middle east see USA as a conqueror, as it actually is.

So please, if you wanna join the army, realize that you're supporting the Terror and the power of USA over the world: your're not going to bring freedom anywhere this way.

And if my words are too little, please read people like Noam Chomsky, and you'll know what I mean:

http://www.counterpunch.org/chomskyterror.html

and here smth interesting about taoism and war:

http://www.index-china.com/index-english/Taoism%20and%20A%20Few%20Words.html

I wasn't talking about anything the news has said or any of that. I was stating that we are not without enemies no matter who got us enemies we still need the military to protect ourselves and our way of life from our enemies. Anyone who doesn't think that is naive.

Thanks for your astute research. I knew nothing about this program. A green military? What a joke!

ralis

Thats why I considered Aerospace engineering. Trying to make the technology better for the earth. But we are far from a Green military.

I think you are being paranoid! The Islamic fundamentalists don't have the means to take over the world. Further, why are you buying into their propaganda?

This is the kind of nonsense that inflames this issue.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/28/dove-world-outreach-cente_n_662450.html

ralis

We should not be focusing so much on this one group. We have many other enemies who threaten us every day. We are at a high risk being who we are.

"... Why have there been no political repercussions? Why has there been no -- any sort of exposure on this? It really makes you wonder."

Because few people care any more. Most people have given up on politics. And the media won't say anything about it.

None of our security agencies were doing their job just prior to 9/11. Not a single one. There was information available but it was held in secret. Yes, I honestly believe that Bush wanted 9/11 to happen. It would give him reason to invade Iraq. Of course, the reasons were all lies but like I said, nobody cared.

Peace & Love!

It was the SCOTUS that appointed Bush by stopping the recount. They claimed that irreparable harm would happen to the Bush campaign if the recount were to continue. :lol:

ralis

Yeah, Chad really screwed up on that one.

Why do you thing his brother retired from politics down here in Florida? Jeb just couldn't deal with the lies.

Peace & Love!

I wasn't talking about anything the news has said or any of that. I was stating that we are not without enemies no matter who got us enemies we still need the military to protect ourselves and our way of life from our enemies. Anyone who doesn't think that is naive.

Thats why I considered Aerospace engineering. Trying to make the technology better for the earth. But we are far from a Green military.

We should not be focusing so much on this one group. We have many other enemies who threaten us every day. We are at a high risk being who we are.

Your post still has vague generalities. Do you read what you write?

Have you read any of the books and articles I recommended. Today and last night they were posted.

ralis

Edited by ralis

Are you kidding me? "Spreading the evils of the United States"

I have a simple solution for all of you who seem to hold the United States in such contempt

Get the fuck out.

You aren't forced to be here, go live in South America or Eastern Europe so you can see what a real corrupt government looks like. Clowns.

Part of that was from one of my local TV stations.

Those are one of the few beautiful things regarding this entire mess.

Peace & Love!

Are you kidding me? "Spreading the evils of the United States"

I have a simple solution for all of you who seem to hold the United States in such contempt

Get the fuck out.

You aren't forced to be here, go live in South America or Eastern Europe so you can see what a real corrupt government looks like. Clowns.

Hehehe. Well, I'm not going to repeat what you said but ...

Peace & Love!

Your post still has vague generalities. Do you read what you write?

Have you read any of the books and articles I recommended. Today and last night they were posted.

ralis

Whats so vague about what I say? We have enemies, therefore we need military. It does not matter who they are or why, the fact is we do.

No I haven't been able to but it still won't change what I say.

Whats so vague about what I say? We have enemies, therefore we need military. It does not matter who they are or why, the fact is we do.

No I haven't been able to but it still won't change what I say.

I admire your steadfastness but please remember to remain open-minded and descriminating so you don't end up doing the wrong thing for the wrong reasons.

Other than that I agree. There are many who would like to see the fall of the United States. It ain't gonna' happen on my watch.

Peace & Love!

I admire your steadfastness but please remember to remain open-minded and descriminating so you don't end up doing the wrong thing for the wrong reasons.

Other than that I agree. There are many who would like to see the fall of the United States. It ain't gonna' happen on my watch.

Peace & Love!

I try my best to be open minded, but like everyone I slip.

Not on mine either!

WoW! What an exciting day this has been. I had the opportunity to show y'all my 'other side'.

So anyhow, I agree, war is bad. Protecting oneself is good.

Too bad we have to have such shoddy politicians.

Too bad so many people don't care.

Change happens naturally but sometimes you have to give it a little push when it comes to the human animal.

If nobody pushes there is a good chance change will never get a good start.

Peace & Love!

PS I am out of this thread now. Be well and take care y'all!

You're right, I'm sure we where all better off when we where clubbing ourselves to death for no real reason.

Do the research on supposedly "savage" societies and you will see that they are more in touch with their own true nature than the majority of us "civilized" (domesticated) people. Yes they are not perfect but they are a long ways better off then the unmitigated disaster called civilization.

Do the research on supposedly "savage" societies and you will see that they are more in touch with their own true nature than the majority of us "civilized" (domesticated) people. Yes they are not perfect but they are a long ways better off then the unmitigated disaster called civilization.

So leave society. Smash your computer screen in, sell all your shit, and go walk into the forests or mountains and make due. You are not needed and you will not be missed, I can promise you this.

I would miss such an informed Observer.

HEY GUYS!!

I have yet another question, haha I just love asking for advice. Well I am planning on joining the military very very soon! I am starting to physically train to be prepared for BT. I was wondering if their were any excercises you guys have tried that help with upper body strength, cardio, and endurance. Also anything that helps rejuvinate you.

I am a 5 foot tall girl who can not do one push up so I need as much help as I can get to come through this amazing experience succesfully. Feel free to ask me why I feel the need and really want to do this or any other questions. I welcome it all, good bad and parental advice is a help.

Also does anyone know of any quick ways to balance mind and body seeing as in BT you have very little personal time and at most about 4 hours a sleep for 8 1/2 weeks and 2 minutes to eat a full meal. Also any ideas on how to help take mind off of physical pain during "missions" which consist of carrying 90+ pounds while marching for miles.

This site has lots of information on getting in shape quickly and safely. Look through the blogs, forum and articles. A gold mine of good stuff.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/

Michael

Right -- when Makyea says "we" have enemies -- the question is who are "we" (the economic elite? the technological elite?) --

I think Makyea has good intentions -- but unfortunately this concept of "enemies" is based on civilization -- not on real human culture -- meaning the original humans, the Bushmen Khoisan culture of Africa. Taoism and yoga, etc. are based on the trance dance shamanic healing of the Bushmen culture.

The Bushmen Khoisan were the dominant human culture from 100,000 BCE to 10,000 BCE -- and the best book on the Bushmen is called The Harmless People

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/123240-Bushmen-The-harmless-people

What do you make of the accusations by some academics that your writing is too sentimental?

My mother Lorna also wrote about the Bushman culture and we were both accused of over-emphasising the lack of violence in Bushman culture, but we were only reporting what we had seen. In the Bushmen groups we visited, we observed that there was much emphasis on cooperation and on avoiding jealousy. The reason was that life was pretty marginal and one way to get through was to have others who help you in your hour of need. Everything in their culture was oriented to this.

So it isn't that they have a natural "niceness" - I never said that they did. They're just like everybody else. What they have done is recognise the damage one person can do to another and try to put a limit on it.

What about research that shows if you scale up the violence in Bushman society, it's as bad as Detroit?

There is no question that violence did happen in Bushman societies. I knew of a group of 15 where one man killed two others with an arrow. The men in that group killed the killer. So now three had died, and three in 15 is a pretty high percentage: that's higher than the murder rate of Detroit. But the reason the Bushmen we encountered were focused on not fighting was because they were a society that recognised the human proclivity for fighting and tried to remove its causes.

They had the same difficulties as everyone else but they treated it differently, and they recognised the value of having a low-violence society.

Did you sense that this kind of life couldn't last?

It was obvious that in the outside world there was a desire for land expansion. The pastoralists wanted it for grazing, and the white farmers for farms. People thought: "Why not take the land from the Bushmen, they're not doing anything with it?" The farmers and the pastoralists thought the Bushmen would be put to "better use" if they were made to work on the farms. My father saw it all coming. The first year we were there, a farmer followed our tracks and captured some Bushmen for slaves. My dad found out and went and got them back.

Guest paul walter

Why do you hate the rich?

:lol::lol::D:lol: Oh, a seeker, your obtuse koan is very funny, turns my socially recieved logic upside down :lol: That's a good one a seeker, such irony etc:rolleyes: .