Makyea

Military Training

And my dear 3bob, did you see anything in those passages where it suggested that earth, heaven or Tao is full of compassion, caring, equitable, loving, kind, etc.?

No. What is being suggested is that there are processes and that one models itself on the other. Look into the universe. All is not calm and peaceful. There is a lot of violence going on. Stars exploding! Black holes sucking up anything that gets within their control. The universe doesn't care.

Earth! A calm and peaceful place? Tornados, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, etc. Earth doesn't care.

King! What is the king concerned about? Maintaining his power. And he will do whatever it takes in order to maintain this power. Even it requires submitting his entire nation to destruction. The king doesn't care.

Man! Ah! Here is some hope. There are those who really do care and they try to make life better for themselves and others. But they still have no control over the actions of the universe, of the action of earth, andvery little, if any, control over the king.

So if man follows the way of the king and the king follows the way of earth and if earth follows the way of the universe it is still going to be a pretty violent place here on earth to live. So to prevent violence from entering our life we learn the processes that are effecting everything and we do our best to live a peaceful life and avoid the violence.

Peace & Love!

The Great Sage is a very wise and old child of the universe's matrix, also a "steward" and a "King" (as in having those qualities or virtues along with others)... thus from my pov. he/she knows the Tao and through them the Tao does care far beyond only the limits of human understanding. "The Tao is hidden and nameless; Yet it alone knows how to render help and to fulfill." T.T.C. 41

Further, if there were no caring as related to virtue(s) then the following chapter, among others would not be true for then it would be every rat on the street for himself:

T.T.C. 27.

GOOD walking leaves no track behind it;

Good speech leaves no mark to be picked at;

Good calculation makes no use of counting-slips;

Good shutting makes no use of bolt and bar,

And yet nobody can undo it;

Good tying makes no use of rope and knot,

And yet nobody can untie it.

Hence, the Sage is always good at saving men,

And therefore nobody is abandoned;

Always good at saving things,

And therefore nothing is wasted.

This is called "following the guidance of the Inner

Light."

Hence, good men are teachers of bad men,

While bad men are the charge of good men.

Not to revere one's teacher,

Not to cherish one's charge,

Is to be on the wrong road, however intelligent one

may be.

This is an essential tenet of the Tao.

Om

So leave society. Smash your computer screen in, sell all your shit, and go walk into the forests or mountains and make due. You are not needed and you will not be missed, I can promise you this.

Ahhh....I would but my own attachments are holding me back friend...I do live with the guilt of holding a double standard though. However in the meanwhile I hope to continue learning from all who I come across both hostile and friendly, perhaps until the choice becomes clear in my head.

Right -- when Makyea says "we" have enemies -- the question is who are "we" (the economic elite? the technological elite?) --

I think Makyea has good intentions -- but unfortunately this concept of "enemies" is based on civilization -- not on real human culture -- meaning the original humans, the Bushmen Khoisan culture of Africa. Taoism and yoga, etc. are based on the trance dance shamanic healing of the Bushmen culture.

The Bushmen Khoisan were the dominant human culture from 100,000 BCE to 10,000 BCE -- and the best book on the Bushmen is called The Harmless People

http://www.sott.net/...harmless-people

And yes I agree with Drew's statements for the most part. I actually had to write a paper on the !Kung society (Bushmen) for an anthropology class of mine...my searching for answers has lead me to similar conclusions as Mr.Hempel.

Edited by The Observer

Nazis in the U.S. military

The New American Century
1:34:22

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3776750618788792499&hl=en#

This film goes in detail through the untold history of The Project for the New American Century with tons of archival footage and connects it right into the present. This film exposes how every major war in US history was based on a complete fraud with video of insiders themselves admitting it. This film shows how the first film theaters in the US were used over a hundred years ago to broadcast propaganda to rile the American people into the Spanish-American War. This film shows the white papers of the oil company Unocal which called for the creation of a pipeline through Afghanistan and how their exact needs were fulfilled through the US invasion of Afghanistan. This film shows how Halliburton under their "cost plus" exclusive contract with the US Government went on a mad dash spending spree akin to something out of the movie Brewster's Millions, yet instead of blowing $30 million they blew through BILLIONS by literally burning millions of dollars worth of hundred thousand dollar cars and trucks if they had so much as a flat tire. "A stunning film. It should be seen as widely as possible, in cinemas, bars, clubs, at meetings and, of course, through the internet. I'm sure the film will continue to be a source of debate and political education for many years. Maybe until the war criminals have been brought to trial." - Ken Loach While Massimo Mazzucco’s first political documentary, GLOBAL DECEIT (2006), focused on the long list of inconsistencies in the official version of the 9/11 attacks, THE NEW AMERICAN CENTURY explores the historical, philosophical and economic background that suggests a matrix for such events that is much closer to home than the so-called "Islamic terrorism". The film provides solid evidence for the true reasons behind the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, whose unfolding is described in chilling detail in a document called "Project for the New American Century", published in the year 2,000, that seems to have served as the actual blueprint for such dramatic events.«
Edited by drewhempel

CLubbels is very good for functional strength. Maybe something to look into.

Any movement is much, much easier if you use proper technique. So it would make sense to me that even though the primary goal is strength some sort of exercise that also develops good body control would be beneficial in preparing you to get through extremely rigorous physical training. Tai chi and pilates are the two things I have felt have been most helpful in developing this sort of control over movement.

THe inner smile and either some sort of breath based meditation or deep belly breathing and also body scanning might be good restful ways to recharge if one has a chance to rest for a few minutes.

Cross fit might also be a good idea as it gives a lot of strength in a varied way and cardio and it is based on you pushing yourself to the absolute limit for 15-20 minutes. So you get very effective workout in very little time and train the ability to push through a lot of pain and give it everything you got. You will need that ability in basic training so best to develop it now.

I don\t know so much about it but clubbels and kettlebells are supposed to be much better then normal weights for developing the type of strength you can actually use doing varied real life stuff so I would look into that. After my first clubbel training it really feels like it will give me a much better more usefull type of strength than normal weights. Perhaps start a thread about it to get some opinions on it.

I understand your thoughts about joining the military and being the best you can be etc. and I understand the counter arguments made by others as well. For any one individual this is always a risky way to go, not just because you might get injured, killed or traumatized but because you, like a couple of military men in this thread, might end up totally disillusioned by the whole thing. Another way to achieve the best you can be thing is to go train in the Shaolin monastary or something similar for a year. THe ability to push yourself beyond your limit will be just as developed or even more and you will in addition develop a tremendous mental power and physical health that is way beyond what the army will ever let you develop. Besides teaching you to face death if you actually go to fight in real combat I would say there is little to nothing the army can offer you that a place like shaolin can not offer you much much better in terms of reaching your full potential. After a year of meditation, fight training, grueling physical training, qigong and extreme discipline and spiritual training you will surf through college and the jobs you need to take to get through college like it is nothing.

Edited by markern

THE UNITED STATES WAS FOUNDED BY OPPRESSIVE EUROPEAN MASONIC POWERS.

THEY GENERATED THEIR WEALTH AND POWER THROUGH COLONIALISM, THEFT, INDUSTRIALISATION AND HUGE DEBT FROM THE POORER COUNTRIES THAT THEY COLONISED.

THEN THEY STOLE THE UNITED STATES FROM THE TRUE AMERICANS THE NATIVE AMERICANS BY TOTALLY WIPING THEM OUT THROUGH GERM WARFARE, FORCED STARVATION AND BRUTAL MURDER. GENOCIDE.

OPEN YOUR EYES AND TEST FOR YOURSELF.

MANTIS, TELLING PEOPLE TO "GET THE FUCK OUT" AND CALLING THEM "CLOWNS", WITH RESPECT, I DOUBT YOU ARE "AMERICAN" AND PERHAPS THE TRUE NATIVE AMERICANS WOULD HAVE SAID THAT TO YOUR FOREFATHERS. UNLESS THEY WANTED TO GET THE FUCK OUT THEMSELVES BECAUSE THEY WERE DRAGGED TO AMERICA TO WORK AS SLAVES.

The elite are elite and became elite through crime, stealing land and extorting taxes, taking power and then making laws to protect their own proceeds of crime. It started in europe, stealing land by force, becoming land lords, becoming wealthy through taxes, which is really just a legal type of theft and then passing laws banning poachers, meaning that starving people can not come on to your land ( that they stole) to hunt for food due to starvation (due to taking their taxes).

Now you can see that the UN, IMF, WORLD BANK, NATO, EU are all under the same fold doing the same things but glossed over. They have the power to label murder and theft and other crimes as being "legal" or illegal".

Look at Bush. Was he really the "leader of the US"? that dumb idiot. NO, who was behind him, making decisions that he could never even imagine?

Now we have a black face golden boy , Obama. Nothing more than a tactile mouth piece, who has failed to deliver.

The real leaders are obscure, and most are neo cons, influintial powerful zioniat , masonic financers , thinkers and manipulators.

Had a feeling something like this would happen. The founder of WikiLeaks is being charged with rape in Sweden. His next release of documents will expose more heinous war crimes by the U.S. military.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/21/julian-assange-rape-case-_n_690009.html

http://wikileaks.org/

ralis

Ralis -- thanks for this expose -- this is SO typical -- using sex as black mail is a STANDARD yet infallible tactic of the psy-ops.

I used to be a very high profile activist in Minneapolis and I was getting a lot of heat from the higher ups -- and I was also getting chased by young beautiful females -- and so I started getting paranoid. haha.

Then Paul Wellstone got "Wellstoned" in Minnesota -- my activist employer had worked closely with him. I've got a lot of conspiracy stories but they're all fairly similar as other type of conspiracy scenarios. Nevertheless I focused on the qigong alchemy as the deeper level for "rewiring" peoples' synapses. As this thread has so aptly demonstrated people's political views are "hard-wired" and words are just ignored.

Edited by drewhempel

Good links.

Its similar to the death of Dr David Kelly after he exposed Blairs "sexed up dossier" on Iraq being capable of attacking the UK in 45 mins, to form a legal basis to attack Iraq, invade, kill and steal.

Then, those who fight back are called "insurgents", its comical!

Former MI5 officer David Shayler, who exposed MI5 has suddenly gone crazy too. On youtube he is seen dressed as a woman, believing he is God. Its not that he's going undercover! Sadly he has ended up mentally ill, which could have been caused by anything....

I would argue, Drew, that this is not necessarily true. Perhaps in most cases? OK, but not in every case. In my own experience, I have changed my political views repeatedly since my teen years, swinging "hard-left" and then "semi-hard-right" before realizing the whole "left" vs. "right" thing was part of the ruse. That was sort of an epiphany for me, actually, and my viewpoint on politics, society, economics, etc. has never been the same since -- still changing and evolving as I learn and witness more but not at all like during my teens or my mid-twenties.

Well sounds like you got to what Gregory Bateson called level III Learning. My first year of college was at Hampshire College which had no grades! The focus on Hampshire was

"learning how to learn" -- that's what Level III learning is.

What happens is that as people are still sexually maturing then their brains are not hard-wired yet. This process of brain "hard-wiring" is still malleable during the early twenties but becomes less malleable and more hard-wired with age -- again for most people. If you "learn to learn" before the hard-wiring kicks in then you can keep up what's now called "brain plasticity."

It's the Miss-story of history -- what used to be called METIS by the ancient Greeks. Plato lied about what Metis meant -- you can read Stephen Toulmin's last book "The Return to Reason" for the goods on Metis -- although Bruce Lincoln, the U of Chicago professor, also has an article on how Plato lied about Metis -- and so does philosopher Peter Kingsley http://peterkingsley.com. Metis originally meant to do things with great skill but in a way beyond verbal communication -- and it was considered that females were best at Metis. Plato changed this meaning into the idea that females inherently lie all the time and so males should lie as well for political advantage. Of course that concept of lying for political advantage was then picked up by Machiavelli and then later by Leo Strauss, the father of the Neocons. Strauss was a big Platonic philosopher, similar to John Ruskin, the inspiration behind the Institute for Royal Affairs (and the British secret society politics of the Rhodes Society Round Tables) which later created the Council of Foreign Relations.

Good links.

Its similar to the death of Dr David Kelly after he exposed Blairs "sexed up dossier" on Iraq being capable of attacking the UK in 45 mins, to form a legal basis to attack Iraq, invade, kill and steal.

Then, those who fight back are called "insurgents", its comical!

Former MI5 officer David Shayler, who exposed MI5 has suddenly gone crazy too. On youtube he is seen dressed as a woman, believing he is God. Its not that he's going undercover! Sadly he has ended up mentally ill, which could have been caused by anything....

Well in India David Shayler might be seen as enlightened -- nothing wrong necessarily with dancing up as a woman and believing you are god.... still I'll look for the youtube vid.

http://www.democraticwarrior.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-20021.html

David Shayler told British cable channel More4 News that he had visited a psychic who he believes channelled the spirit of Mary Magdalene and anointed him as the Messiah.

“Suddenly my whole life made sense,” the 41-year-old former officer with Britain’s domestic intelligence service MI5 said in an interview broadcast on Thursday evening. “I felt a sense of peace, I suddenly realised why it had been how it had, why I seem to get such a strange deal from the universe, when I seem to be trying to tell the truth about everything.”

Shayler told the programme his new powers included the ability to change the weather and that he had helped prevent the attempted car bombings in London and Glasgow in June through meditation.

Seriously extreme conspiracy activism will do this to a person -- for me to get into paranormal psychic training was a natural extension of my own activism. Of course the materialist rationalist leftists freaked out on me -- but now doing yoga, etc. is much more mainstream.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-52231.html

I have nothing but good vibes for David Shayler. I don't follow biblical prophesy myself but aside from all the 'messiah' stuff, some of his youtube videos are actually pretty good, well reasoned. I like the one at dawkins, where shayler points out the 'blind faith' practiced by the 'man of reason' dawkins. Richard dawkins refers to the religion of the (ficticious) 11/9/2001 'bombers' , and writes of 'blind faith'. Shayler goes on to point out that dawkins himself relys on his 'blind faith' thatr the official story is correct. The man seemed lucid and used simple reason and logic brilliantly to highlight the conceited and narcissistic attitude of dawkins.

Anyone who exposes Dawkins as secretly being a religious maniac has my thumbs up! I just did the same on my previous post!! http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/15485-of-men-and-of-heaven/page__view__findpost__p__208908

Edited by drewhempel

I wasn't talking about anything the news has said or any of that. I was stating that we are not without enemies no matter who got us enemies we still need the military to protect ourselves and our way of life from our enemies. Anyone who doesn't think that is naive.

We should not be focusing so much on this one group. We have many other enemies who threaten us every day. We are at a high risk being who we are.

Who exactly is "we" and who exactly are these "enemies" of "we?"

Why are we in Iraq & Afghanistan again?

If:

911truth.jpg

1) 9II was actually an inside job, done by those who then used it as a pretext for war against Arab countries refusing to abide by OPEC rules to sell oil only in USD (and other reasons)?

2) The supposed 9II Muslim terrorists were all from Saudi Arabia, anyways? So, why didn't we invade Saudi Arabia instead?

3) "Former" CIA operative OBL has never been formally charged for 9II even by the FBI - because there is no evidence for that?

4)

5) WMDs have now all been proven to be a manufactured false threat?

6) It was to depose Saddam Hussein (whom the CIA helped install in the first place) - then why not invade all other countries with non-cooperative leaders like Zimbabwe, too?

-----

I do definitely support a strong defense force. However, I believe it should actually be used for self-defense only. And unfortunately, our government has already been hijacked by foreign interests who only tool the military for their own NW0 purposes now.

shadow_govt_logo.jpg

Iraq & Afghanistan were never a threat to our homeland or borders here. Our biggest threats are insider moles working for NW0 powers like this. But, who's fighting them???

aa-dees-puppets-of-zionism-300x266.jpg

Edited by vortex

Ralis -- thanks for this expose -- this is SO typical -- using sex as black mail is a STANDARD yet infallible tactic of the psy-ops.

I used to be a very high profile activist in Minneapolis and I was getting a lot of heat from the higher ups -- and I was also getting chased by young beautiful females -- and so I started getting paranoid. haha.

Then Paul Wellstone got "Wellstoned" in Minnesota -- my activist employer had worked closely with him. I've got a lot of conspiracy stories but they're all fairly similar as other type of conspiracy scenarios. Nevertheless I focused on the qigong alchemy as the deeper level for "rewiring" peoples' synapses. As this thread has so aptly demonstrated people's political views are "hard-wired" and words are just ignored.

The Swedish gov't dropped the charges. Very interesting!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4512923

ralis

3) "Former" CIA operative OBL has never been formally charged for 9II even by the FBI - because there is no evidence for that?

The US military in cooperation with Afghan forces actually pinpointed Bin Laden's location once, and were told to stand down by the higher ups.

If I had a link to the story I'd share it, but I try to stay away from this stuff.

The US military in cooperation with Afghan forces actually pinpointed Bin Laden's location once, and were told to stand down by the higher ups.

If I had a link to the story I'd share it, but I try to stay away from this stuff.

I got the link on that one:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3979568779414136481#

911 Press for Truth documentary -- interviews the lawyer for the author of the book -- CIA chief couldn't keep that secret!!

I mentioned in a previous post about right wing Christian fanaticism in the military. Here is another example.

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0821/troops-refusing-attend-christian-concert-trouble/

ralis

What a bunch of "closeted thugs" -- did you watch that Project for New American Century doc? It has that british military video of the U.S. killing some Iraqi civilians -- the British dude makes all these sexual seduction noises. Sadistic gay sex -- that's what the military is really about -- yeah it's Western religion as closeted sadistic thugs.

Hitler was gay. Hoover was gay. Bush is gay. Sorry you don't have to be a "closted thug" if your homosexual -- but the right wing military religious types are sadistic closeted thugs.

My brother-in-law joined the military in El Salvador at age 14 -- and he was made a sex slave -- and now he's a closeted thug -- there's a whole culture of this evil.

Its such BS, the top chaplain in Afghanistan told troops to "Kill terrorists for Jesus" or some numbskull crap. Then you have the people punishing their subordinates for not being "Christian"?

Must be the Army, I have yet to see such stipulations in the Navy.

Its such BS, the top chaplain in Afghanistan told troops to "Kill terrorists for Jesus" or some numbskull crap. Then you have the people punishing their subordinates for not being "Christian"?

Must be the Army, I have yet to see such stipulations in the Navy.

Good call Mokona -- the evangelicals are claiming the Navy discriminates against them and have filed a lawsuit against the Navy -- so it should hit the MSM soon:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=16123

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2000/may22/13.23.html

http://www.yuricareport.com/Dominionism/EvangelicalsForceInMilitaryChaplainCorps.html

In the Navy some evangelical chaplains say they are the ones discriminated against. Chaplain Gordon James Klingenschmitt, of the Evangelical Episcopal Church, says he was warned by commanders that his approach to the ministry was not inclusive enough. When a Catholic sailor on his ship died, Lieutenant Klingenschmitt said he preached at a memorial service and emphasized that for those who did not accept Jesus, "God's wrath remains upon him."

After that and several other incidents, Lieutenant Klingenschmitt's commanding officer recommended that the Navy not renew his chaplain contract.

The lieutenant is fighting to remain in the military. "The Navy wants to impose its religion on me," he said. "Religious pluralism is a religion. It's a theology all by itself."

Lt. Cmdr. David S. Wilder, a 20-year Navy chaplain who is a plaintiff in the class action suit against the Navy, said that his troubles began on Okinawa after the more senior Episcopal chaplain stepped in and interrupted his worship service. He says that that chaplain has blocked his promotion.

"There's a pecking order in the Navy chaplain corps," Commander Wilder said, "and at the very top is the Roman Catholics and just below them are the Episcopals and Lutherans. And if you're an evangelical non-liturgical Christian of some type you're down on the bottom."

A Navy spokeswoman said that many of the chaplains in the class action lawsuit were not promoted for reasons other than religious discrimination.

It's just a "king of the homosexual hill" struggle.

Sorry but I'm not big on the military.