mjjbecker

Stillness Movement Neigong and Michael Lomax's 'Light Warrior's Guide' Book

Thanks for that recommendation SB and PurpleHeaven...I wasn't aware of the Finland workshop. I'm checking out the prices of flights and stuff right this moment... keeping my fingers crossed I can make it :D

Hi guys, been over a week since anyone has posted anything in this thread but your discussion concerns me :P

I'm at the verge of signing in for the Finland course aswell. I have cronic fatique syndrome too and am interested in this system to not only help me cure my disease but also go beyond that and ultimately get me to heal people. The funny thing is that what I've read on the internet about this method it seems like I've already been doing it in many ways. For example I used to do this "free-form meditation" and ended up doing something that sounds just like stillness-movement and even the experiences were quite similar, first there was something going on in the dan-tian and eventually the energy went upwards. Its hard to explain but somehow I've been able to connect many of my experiences to the description of these practices, its like my intuition has guided me torwards this method even before I heard about it. Its not just the meditation. Its like many times when "I feel spiritual" but dont have a practice, I start doing some kind of stillness-movement just on my own in the apartment or something. When I'm in the woods I many times go touch the trees, its like my intuition says theres something there. I dont know. But this method does connect with me. Now for the questions.

1. While doing the practice do you guys become more sensitive to your own energies? Like at first a person might not even feel the chi, but do you eventually learn to feel it? How well do you feel it? Are you able to say what kind of chi is going where? Can you manipulate chi inside you? I understand that this method is about letting it happen, what I'm asking is that whether there comes a capability for these things with it. Doesn't mean you do it even if you could. Just trying to figure the outlines :P

2. How about the chi outside of you can you sense that? How vividly do you sense it? If a person who has a physical illness or problem walks up to you but doesn't say where the problem is can you sense it?

3. I read that Dreamlight Fugitive is also suffering from cronic fatique syndrome. How good a system is this for healing yourself? I mean its obvious that you can heal just about anyone or anything, but does this system heal you?

4. Because of my disease when it comes to spiritual practice there are only a few that I've been able to do. For example zen-meditation makes me very tired, tai chi is another example. I've had good experiences only with yoga and qigong. But even with those I cant practice for hours, more like minutes. So what if I'm able to practice only for say 15minutes a day? Will it help at all? Should I then do gift of the tao or stillness-movement?

5. If you do stillness-movement while sitting are you in a basic meditation posture (like legs crossed, half-lotus or full-lotus and back straight)? Where do you keep your arms? How does stillness-movement work while walking, can you do it while you walk to the buss stop?

I'm buzzed :)

<snip>

2. How about the chi outside of you can you sense that? How vividly do you sense it? If a person who has a physical illness or problem walks up to you but doesn't say where the problem is can you sense it?

<snip>

I have been practicing S-M & GOT daily for a little more than three months and I definitely consider myself a rank amateur. That said, about two months in, I had an experience that I think might be worth sharing.

My wife & I were walking along a downtown sidewalk one day after I had been practicing and I suddenly felt pain between my shoulder blades and a wave of nausea swept over me. For half a second, I thought I was becoming very sick (or something) and then I realized it wasn't me. I swept my eyes over the people around us and saw a rail-thin and unhealthily gray man who had just passed us in the opposite direction. My energy-body had interacted with his and I knew, without a doubt, that he was being consumed by cancer that had started in his lungs. I did an extra 90 minutes of S-M later that day, for good measure, and I talked with Ya Mu about shielding (which I now practice daily).

Other than that one experience, the only person I have "read" has been my wife. I frequently (often while I'm practicing S-M in the next room) will feel a mild pain or discomfort in my body that I know is not my own sensation. I'll walk up to her and press or rub a particular spot on her body (spot on her back or shoulder or knee or whatever) with my INTENT set on filling her with healing light and she will say something like, "Ooo, right there..." I project chi into her while I rub until the discomfort fades in my own body. I wouldn't say that I am "healing" her, dispite my intent, as I am very much still a beginner but it is clear that she & I are entangled and that I am able to project energy into her to ease her pain a little -- call it the beginning of healing.

Dogs, on the other hand, are a different issue! Ever since attending the Terra Haute workshop in late April, I have been interacting with dogs -- my own and strangers. I often recognize back & hip pains in them and they sometimes will seek me out for "treatment." With dogs other than mine, I will do a discreet projection, often while idly scratching their heads. The look of "thank you" is usually unmistakable. With my own dog, I am using the "20 seconds per spot" method Ya Mu teaches as the beginning to his healing techniques. He loves it and he no longer favors one back leg (the result of a long ago injury -- vet suspected a kick as a puppy).

<snip>

5. If you do stillness-movement while sitting are you in a basic meditation posture (like legs crossed, half-lotus or full-lotus and back straight)? Where do you keep your arms? How does stillness-movement work while walking, can you do it while you walk to the buss stop?

<snip>

I started trying to do S-M in a cross-legged position but quickly realized that I can't sit that way for more than a few minutes before my left hip gets all my attention. I sit in a chair, instead. At work, I sit on a big blue ball (rather than a chair). I practice S-M while at my desk, while in long meetings, and while driving (especially on road-trips...) I haven't quite gotten the hang of S-M while walking yet but I do hold my awareness on my dan tien.

Just my two cents.

• Like 2

Read the book and got many answers from there. It seems like most people with the program are having all these experiences with energy and healing, its really inspiring to read. Also the thought that you can practice basicly anywhere sounds awesome. I have thousands of questions running trough my head. Time will tell :P

Nice to hear from you Raimonio, hope you manage to make it to the workshop in Finland as well. I've been finding S-M has really been helping my energy levels in addition to seeing a really good acupuncturist. Still not quite there, but I'm definitely better than I was this time last year :)

Hi guys, been over a week since anyone has posted anything in this thread but your discussion concerns me :P

I'm at the verge of signing in for the Finland course aswell. I have cronic fatique syndrome too and am interested in this system to not only help me cure my disease but also go beyond that and ultimately get me to heal people. The funny thing is that what I've read on the internet about this method it seems like I've already been doing it in many ways. For example I used to do this "free-form meditation" and ended up doing something that sounds just like stillness-movement and even the experiences were quite similar, first there was something going on in the dan-tian and eventually the energy went upwards. Its hard to explain but somehow I've been able to connect many of my experiences to the description of these practices, its like my intuition has guided me torwards this method even before I heard about it. Its not just the meditation. Its like many times when "I feel spiritual" but dont have a practice, I start doing some kind of stillness-movement just on my own in the apartment or something. When I'm in the woods I many times go touch the trees, its like my intuition says theres something there. I dont know. But this method does connect with me. Now for the questions.

1. While doing the practice do you guys become more sensitive to your own energies? Like at first a person might not even feel the chi, but do you eventually learn to feel it? How well do you feel it? Are you able to say what kind of chi is going where? Can you manipulate chi inside you? I understand that this method is about letting it happen, what I'm asking is that whether there comes a capability for these things with it. Doesn't mean you do it even if you could. Just trying to figure the outlines :P

3. I read that Dreamlight Fugitive is also suffering from cronic fatique syndrome. How good a system is this for healing yourself? I mean its obvious that you can heal just about anyone or anything, but does this system heal you?

4. Because of my disease when it comes to spiritual practice there are only a few that I've been able to do. For example zen-meditation makes me very tired, tai chi is another example. I've had good experiences only with yoga and qigong. But even with those I cant practice for hours, more like minutes. So what if I'm able to practice only for say 15minutes a day? Will it help at all? Should I then do gift of the tao or stillness-movement?

I'm buzzed :)

I think you will probably find that the Stillness-Movement is like "coming home".

1) Most people feel the qi the first day of the workshop. No need to manipulate the qi inside you as it is an automatic natural process.

In general, qi sensitivity ranges from 0 to 100. People are always different. I have met very few people who said they could not feel qi at all. What I have found is that in most cases of low sensitivity it improves with the practice and that qi sensitivity is not necessary to get benefit from the practice, although it may initially help a person mentally in sticking with a practice.

2) The medical part comes after one's own cultivation. Some of the methods are shown in the applications day of the workshop but it is with the time&effort practice that these things come into their own.

3) There are many variables in self-healing. Stillness-Movement practice is at least as a good as any other system for the purpose of self-healing. However, NO qigong is, by itself, a "majic bullet". I am a believer in holistic (whole person) healing. Always involves many levels including nutrition. And some things just are.

Yes, I have seen many people in clinic with chronic fatigue. Always many different reasons for it and I wouldn't say any qigong system alone is single approach for getting better although most do say it helps and many say it helps tremendously.

4) You should practice as much as you feel you can do. A combination of the movements and the internal is always good. Lets see what you can do after the workshop and go from there. In the meantime is there any way you can start with the Gift of Tao movements form the DVD? Start learning them 3 at a time, then adding the next 3.

5) Yes we do have a walking practice. Sitting involves sitting comfortably with legs crossed, full or half lotus OK if you already do it but not necessary for practice gain. This is not a posture session as we are dynamic and not static.

• Like 3

Thnx for the answers, was very curious! I agree very much on the fact that no qigong can be a magic bullet, if for example you smoke daily, eat only fast food and spend all your leisure time playing video games. I have cured all of my other illnesses (severe depression, anxiety, candida, IBS.. etc) trough dietary changes, herbal supplements, lifestyle changes and psychotherapy. CFS is the only thing that seems to linger. I believe this is a really good starting point for qigong practice, now that I've cleared all the other things out of the way :)

The DVD wont be possible atm. Could try the stillness-movement meditation however, read the book and alot of people have talked about it here.

Is there a Stillness Movement DVD or Book??

Check out store.qigongamerica.com

There can be no dvd on Stillness-Movement since it's an internal practice and you wont't learn much from watching someone do it. There are Dvd's on the movement system "Gift of the Tao" which is a system based on the energetics of Stillness-Movement.

There is a digital book on Stillness-Movement, the physical copy of which is sold out. Even this book is not really a manual but an introduction to the concepts of this system and a reference book, a very interesting and useful one as such.

The DVD wont be possible atm. Could try the stillness-movement meditation however, read the book and alot of people have talked about it here.

Email me your snail-mail mailing address; I have some info for you.

Is there a Stillness Movement DVD or Book??

Not exactly a "Stillness-Movement" book but does contain the method: A Light Warrior's Guide to High Level Energy Healing. All kindle format books can be read by not only kindle devices but Android, Apple, PC, and Mac via free software.

http://www.amazon.com/Warriors-Healing-Medical-Shamans-ebook/dp/B004GNFXMW/ref=kinw_dp_ke

The DVD's and workshops are here: http://store.qigongamerica.com

btw, thnx for the tip raindowvein on lying down stillness-movement. I've been doing stillness-movement for the past week and after I started doing it lying down things got alot easier. You're absolutely right, its so much better for a guy who has CFS/ME to do it while lying. Maintaining a good posture is too much for my body atm to be done on a daily basis :P

The first initially taught shielding layer is the same; it does double duty of shielding & cloaking.

Gets better with practice. Varies from person to person, but you should have this ability now.

Hey Ya Mu, does using the shielding & cloaking inhibit are are ability to shift the energies of the areas we go to and the people around us?

-My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

btw, thnx for the tip raindowvein on lying down stillness-movement. I've been doing stillness-movement for the past week and after I started doing it lying down things got alot easier. You're absolutely right, its so much better for a guy who has CFS/ME to do it while lying. Maintaining a good posture is too much for my body atm to be done on a daily basis :P

The lying down position is OK, but it should be utilized as complementary to the sitting as it does not take the place of sitting/standing.

I think what you are missing is the fact that this is not a posture related system. One should be comfortable when sitting. Use large pillows/cushions, start cross-legged but extend the legs when needed, allow the body to move - not be rigid in posture.

Hey Ya Mu, does using the shielding & cloaking inhibit are are ability to shift the energies of the areas we go to and the people around us?

-My 2 cents, Peace

It does not inhibit our ability but enhances it due to eliminating interference and distractions.

• Like 1

Just wondering how everyone is getting on with stillness movement ,

how your practices are going and where they are taking you ?

i would love to hear of your ongoing experiences with it

I was temporarily distracted from practicing Stillness-Movement by some Direct Path work I was doing, but since I'm done with the heavy lifting on that I look forward to picking the practice back up again.

REALLY looking forward to November. :)

• Like 2

Higher and higher; lighter and freer. Lower dan tien has expanded; deeper and more intimate connection to heart/middle dan tien.

This path is soooo cool! :wub:

Sounds lovely ! how long have you been practicing ?

• Like 1

How long have you been practicing?

I know Michael doesn't advise to do lying down for an extensive amout of time, but I have had a considerable amount of movements in this position. What's more, the lying down resonated with me during a time that was difficult for me to cultivate. So I went with it. :)

And this is quite OK. I can move significantly when practicing lying down and do practice it this way.

Still, especially initially, it just isn't the same as sitting. Removing the range of motion restriction helps most people in the movement. Once we have practiced a bit we can translate this to just about anything.

• Like 1

I've only been doing this for less than two weeks, So I am indeed a beginner :P

I can imagine that once your powers of energies have increased everything becomes easier, but atm I cannot get the movements going while lying down. Even when sitting I have to really focus on my intent to get them. Sometimes when I feel lazy the movements either don't come or they are weak. While lying down I simply cant generate enough force behind the practice and it is harder to sense the chi involved.

Edited by raimonio

I have no experience of this particular system but in general I know from my own experience it's possible to learn powerful Qigong from books and DVD:s that can help balance the energy in the body, open blockages and bring the whole being into better harmony. One way this will manifest is better health, both mental and physical. I don't know if this will be true for everybody but it certainly happened to me and appears to have happened to many others.

Which system did you learned, if not secret ... ;)

I've only been doing this for less than two weeks, So I am indeed a beginner :P

I can imagine that once your powers of energies have increased everything becomes easier, but atm I cannot get the movements going while lying down. Even when sitting I have to really focus on my intent to get them. Sometimes when I feel lazy the movements either don't come or they are weak. While lying down I simply cant generate enough force behind the practice and it is harder to sense the chi involved.

No worries, raimonio! Don't focus on spontaneous movements, don't look for them or try to make them happen. Just practice your qigong and let movements happen if/when they happen. Don't let them become distractions.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

On 30.7.2010 at 8:41 PM, mjjbecker said:

Hu was also one of Wang Juemin's teachers. Not only that, but Hu 'invented' Stillness Movement neigong. He wrote a book on it in the 1940's. Hu's daughters still teach it*, and videos of them demonstrating can be seen on 'You Tube'. Yes, spontaneous movement with all the trimmings. Performed standing, and yes, sitting on a chair.

That's the thing about making sure you drink deeply from the well of knowledge. A little does indeed seem to intoxicate some.

*For anyone interested, the only places that I know of that they have taught is parts of Europe and currently in Beijing. Given this, learning from Michael Lomax is an easier teacher to access.

what parts pof Europe? Germany maybe???

On 2.8.2010 at 2:12 PM, mjjbecker said:

To make this happen, there does need to be some genuine enthusiasm from people based in the UK. For practical purposes I think we'd be looking to do this in the London area. This is the main transport hub for the UK and would be where Michael would fly into. His journey is going to be long enough as it is without him having to add extra connecting flights. Also, it provides rail and flight access for people in the UK and Europe.

So. What I would like is this.

Anyone seriously interested in attending such a workshop, please email me at:

[email protected]

Don't tie up this thread with replies to this please.

email doesnt work.

anything going on stillnessmovementwise in the UK or Europe these times?