mjjbecker

Stillness Movement Neigong and Michael Lomax's 'Light Warrior's Guide' Book

sigh

Well I think it this is a good opportunity to write my take on Ya Mu's book. I just finished reading it yesterday, and I am still blown away by how it has impacted my way of thinking.

Let me start from my first contact with this wonderful book. Upon first touching it, I was amazed by the amount of energy being emitted from it. Holding it in my hands, I could feel a constant flow of positive energy around my hands and permeating my entire body, and this was all before even reading the first word, (Let me just add that I have felt powerful objects in the past such as rare crystals and sacred amulets, however they all pale in comparison to what I felt streaming from Ya Mu's book :lol: ). So without even looking into the book, I already had a very good impression towards Ya Mu's teachings and knew this read would be very different from the many other books on qigong that I have read.

Upon reading his first section of the book, I was amazed by the unbelievable events from Michael Lomax's life. At first Michael explains how he had never planned to include these personal accounts into his book, but from the insistence of his teacher decided to add them in. I for one thank your teacher for pushing you to include them in, for I think these personal stories hold the true meat of the book. Each personal story has a lesson or moral that Michael is trying to present to the reader to better illustrate what it truly means to be a light warrior at heart. I continued reading and found the entire book of amazing clarity and truth in his teachings. The only part that I skipped over was the descriptions of how to practice Stillness Movement qigong, it was never my intention to try to learn Stiilness Movement practice from the book, I instead wanted to grasp the teachings of Michael's non-linear qigong. I think people would be wise to look at books as supplements to better understand a teaching, not as a substitute for the teacher itself. After reading the entire book, I believe the purpose of Michael's book is to open the reader up to new levels beyond the mundane world. I would say Michael has accomplished this task of completely altering my perception on how I view reality. Out of all the books I have ever read on qigong or mystical knowledge, I would with out a doubt say that this book has impacted me exponentially more than any other.This book has beautifully presented to me what it truly means to be a Light Warrior, something I now know has been my true destiny all along :D . I would HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone curious about realizing their true potential as a being of light and interested at experiencing life outside of our mundane life styles. Just do not read this book with the intention of completely learning a new form of qigong, no book could accomplish this; instead look at this book as a an amazing tool to help you grow spiritually. Thank you Michael, and all of your amazing teachers for imparting true wisdom to true seekers ^_^

Edited by surfingbudda
  • Like 2

Thanks for the book report, surfer dude. I found the book and set it next to another paperback book on the floor and scanned them for energy differences with my hand. Michael's book did have some more energy. The other book, just had reflected energy from my hand. However, maybe Michael's book was like that simply because it was newer and there was more life energy left in it from the recently living trees? Naaahh.

I never tried scanning no steenking books before, so that was interesting.

I'll try scanning some other newer and older books and ones from high level spiritual masters vs. non spiritual later to see how it plays out.

Normally I can't scan stuff like that too much before they become so energized from my hand that they become similar. The energy in Michael's book, however, increased faster than the other instead of equalizing.

Anyway, Michael, as far as me not reading your book ... I can't recall finishing a book in years that wasn't a really good science fiction book, and Jonathan Livingston Seagull. I'm just not much of a book reading kind of guy any more, so I hope you didn't take it as too much of a put down, sorry.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with putting out a book generally for advertising purposes, that's a time honored tradition used by thousands of healers and spiritual people the world over. I was right that it didn't get into teaching movement practices, which is a good thing, because a good movement based chi kung can't be taught in a book. Not saying it's a good movement based system, because if it was you should look like James Bond.

I looked it over pretty carefully and did read about what I was looking for, that it didn't describe cultivation techniques but offered discount to DVD or classes.

But, you know, I'm weird, I already read lots of books like that, and they were nice but I'm looking for something different. I'm looking for the keys to the universe, through the door marked 'immortal'. I got some keys but need a couple more, got a couple screws loose, lost my marbles, the usual shit.

I don't think your book has any of the kind of keys I'm looking for, which basically has to do with cultivating a certain kind of mind power which Jedi are fond of, if you know what I mean ;-) Let me know if you have any of those keys lying around.

And Wisdom is fine too, for some people, but I already had my fill of that stuff, been there, done that. Wisdom, I know some amazing people who have that, I think we would all agree it isn't worth much and is mainly a noisy smelly byproduct of reaching for bliss, What really has true wisdom is only found in the right practices on the right paths.

So I hope that helps Michael, if there's some part of the book that is special to you (and may reflect on what I want) and you would like to share it then me let me know.

Edited by Starjumper7

So I hope that helps Michael, if there's some part of the book that is special to you (and may reflect on what I want) and you would like to share it then me let me know.

MAN, if Michael finds your post helpful then he does have some keys to the Universe.. secret Master language code keys :D

I certainly didn't get anything out of it but the "lost my marbles" part. Please don't confuse Qigong mastery with mental problems, they're not the same though they may overlap.

It's an honor to be insulted by someone of your stature.

and to think that labeling you would get me banned,

again.

Have fun

Edit: how many times can a person get banned from this place anyway?

Edited by Starjumper7

It's an honor to be insulted by someone of your stature.

and to think that labeling you would get me banned,

again.

Have fun

Edit: how many times can a person get banned from this place anyway?

My stature is nothing to comment on, but then again I never claimed to be a teacher.

Youre only getting back what you're sending out. I have no specific reason to insult you, but I felt like I want to give feedback on your post. In the other dimension known as "the real world" you might be an OK fellow and even a real Qigong Master, what do I know? Hope you find the marbles, keys, or whatever it is you're looking for.

I loved Michael's book. I also got his DVD and have enjoyed that also. The energy is very subtle and powerful and might get missed by some. But, as I get older, I enjoy the "emptiness" in the high level teachings like Michael's. Michael is IMO a real master for the Western World. Those that have the privilege of studying with him are indeed lucky. IME, it is rare to find someone with his level of mastery and also humble awareness that he is just another seeker on the path.

Edited by fiveelementtao
  • Like 3

My stature is nothing to comment on, but then again I never claimed to be a teacher.

Youre only getting back what you're sending out. I have no specific reason to insult you, but I felt like I want to give feedback on your post. In the other dimension known as "the real world" you might be an OK fellow and even a real Qigong Master, what do I know? Hope you find the marbles, keys, or whatever it is you're looking for.

I left out some parts, like the part where I found the marbles again, and this time they look more like pearls.

I loved Michael's book. I also got his DVD and have enjoyed that also. The energy is very subtle and powerful and might get missed by some. But, as I get older, I enjoy the "emptiness" in the high level teachings like Michael's. Michael is IMO a real master for the Western World. Those that have the privilege of studying with him are indeed lucky. IME, it is rare to find someone with his level of mastery and also humble awareness that he is just another seeker on the path.

Yes, I know Michael is a real person and has cultivated well and is a good teacher. If you like his book then I'll look at it some more, your recommendation has value.

I guess I'll get the DVD, that way I can see what he does, but It's all so silly, why am I doing this/ I've probably seen it all before, so It's just to check him out, to see how well he moves, and to see his (marketing) methods. All DVDs like this are marketing, I'm thinking of making a DVD.

As you probably know the problem is finding someone with more GOOD chi power than me to learn from, and that's a big problem. There are only four of those in the Northwest. Three of them are my friends and teachers, one is my kung fu brother and fearless clan leader, and getting introduced to the fourth is on the back burner. I'm busy making a homebuilt airplane now and my cultivation plate is already overflowing. My brother wants me to make a DVDs of my chi kung, so I'm making one soon of our beginning style, but it's will be just for private distribution within our family ... because DVDs are marketing.

So send me a DVD and a bill and I promise I'll watch the whole thing, even do it too.

How much is the DVD if I already got the book?

Edited by Starjumper7

All DVDs like this are marketing, I'm thinking of making a DVD.

This is a powerful form of marketing indeed, since it can help people help themselves heal from depression, disease and traumas and become more aware, more loving people.

• Like 2

This is a powerful form of marketing indeed, since it can help people help themselves heal from depression, disease and traumas and become more aware, more loving people.

thats the best kind of marketing :lol:

Hmmm Ya Mu seemed to suggest to me that it wont heal me from depressions and traumas. I have read the book and seen the dvd and the method appears to me to be more of a spiritual development tool than a fundamental healing one.

• Like 1

Wrong! It is when I say come to the UK Workshop!

Since you are so excited come and get the "real thing"

Gather you Energy in you Dantien andb Blast it!

(Translation: Gather you Money in your Bank account and send it to Michael - come on I do not know any teacher who would teach many forms (more than 1 or a part of it) for this really little money and getting Lighting fire, Raising vibration for 4 Days - other charge more than 5 times for just teaching a part of a Form which takes you a eternity to exercise (well at least it is safe and the smart one learn ernoumsly - when he is a genius in the Art of 1000 Repetition) and man think Michael as a "Swamp Thing Hermit" thingy coming from his Swamp land for 5million US Dollars. Making you not a Master but set the Foundation! Feel the Power !

Go Power Rangers!

Q

Unfortunately the UK Workshop does not fit my schedule or current bank situation, however I am in the process of trying to plan a Los Angeles Workshop for this summer, until then I will have fun with the Gift of the Tao DVD :)

Hmmm Ya Mu seemed to suggest to me that it wont heal me from depressions and traumas. I have read the book and seen the dvd and the method appears to me to be more of a spiritual development tool than a fundamental healing one.

I think its all connected and by healing spiritually, one is also healing physically. We can see what Michael has to say about it

I have no experience of this particular system but in general I know from my own experience it's possible to learn powerful Qigong from books and DVD:s that can help balance the energy in the body, open blockages and bring the whole being into better harmony. One way this will manifest is better health, both mental and physical. I don't know if this will be true for everybody but it certainly happened to me and appears to have happened to many others.

I think Michael's message/teaching/energy resonate more with some people than with others.

Kate, I had a "wait a minute" moment with the Prologue, too, in which I struggled with whether it was supposed to be past, present or future, other-worldly, other-dimensional, etc. Second time I read the book, though, it struck me as "just a story" -- sort of a parable to set the stage. Perhaps Michael will tell me one day that it was a true story, in which case I'll say, "Cool!", but it worked nicely for me as a hypothetical, as an introduction into the life of the light warrior.

• Like 1

I think its all connected and by healing spiritually, one is also healing physically. We can see what Michael has to say about it

I agree it's all connected but different techniques have different intentions, for example something like Vipasanna meditations could lead to some spontaneous healings and insights but you wouldn't recommend it to someone with severe trauma like post traumatic stress.

I have no experience of this particular system but in general I know from my own experience it's possible to learn powerful Qigong from books and DVD:s that can help balance the energy in the body, open blockages and bring the whole being into better harmony. One way this will manifest is better health, both mental and physical. I don't know if this will be true for everybody but it certainly happened to me and appears to have happened to many others.

Yeah that's what I have been looking for

Yes, I know Michael is a real person and has cultivated well and is a good teacher. If you like his book then I'll look at it some more, your recommendation has value.

I guess I'll get the DVD, that way I can see what he does, but It's all so silly, why am I doing this/ I've probably seen it all before, so It's just to check him out, to see how well he moves, and to see his (marketing) methods. All DVDs like this are marketing, I'm thinking of making a DVD.

As you probably know the problem is finding someone with more GOOD chi power than me to learn from, and that's a big problem. There are only four of those in the Northwest. Three of them are my friends and teachers, one is my kung fu brother and fearless clan leader, and getting introduced to the fourth is on the back burner. I'm busy making a homebuilt airplane now and my cultivation plate is already overflowing. My brother wants me to make a DVDs of my chi kung, so I'm making one soon of our beginning style, but it's will be just for private distribution within our family ... because DVDs are marketing.

So send me a DVD and a bill and I promise I'll watch the whole thing, even do it too.

How much is the DVD if I already got the book?

Starjumper, my friend... My endorsement of michael's book and DVD was not directed at you. I was just saying some nice things about someone I respect.

But you raise a good question. Why are you doing it? You are obviously an advanced practitioner. I assume you have more than enough practices. If it doesn't work for you, so what?

As far as the quality of Qi is concerned, I see that a little differently than you. In my experience Qi is made "good" or bad as a result of my intent and emotions. Qi itself is neutral. No practice is going to hurt me if I try it one time? You're a master. So, if you don't like michael's practice for whatever reason, I am sure you have the power to balance yourself if it turms out not be "good" chi.

Although it is true that mixing practices can sometimes cause imbalances. If a practice is an effective one, it is not going to reduce the effectiveness of my other practices. So, I don't think you have to worry about whether another practice is Good or bad. Maybe just different.

So send me a DVD and a bill

Who are you asking to send you a DVD? It is a little unlikely that anyone is going to send you a DVD and a bill. If you want the DVD, you will probably have to buy it first. Why should you get special treatment and have somebody pay for shipping to you and then hope you pay them back?...

My friend, please don't take this the wrong way. But you sound a little paranoid. Have you considered professional counseling? I myself see a therapist twice a month. I have been going to counseling for 30 years. It helps my qigong training immensely. Maybe that is a better idea for your training than trying to find the next big Qigong practice.. Just a thought...

Edited by fiveelementtao
  • Like 3

Lots of responses here, thanks for the comments.

OK, lets address the matter of the prologue.

From the book A Light Warrior's Guide to High Level Energy Healing, which, by the way, will be available as an ebook very soon, testing on a Kindle tonight:

"...I have used the story as spiritual traditions have often used myths to prepare the reader for High Level happenings described later and to help the mind into recognition of the vast mystery of the universe."

So this is an obvious mythical story.

Of course, also from the book, to quote Jaron, "What seems fantasy may be that which is real. But what seems real more than likely is fantasy."

fiveelementtao: I think you and I both like to listen to the spaces deep inside silence.

SJ: Thanks for your comments. I really don't know why you may be interested in the DVD although I thank you for your interest. You have said you already do a good movement system and that is what Gift of Tao is. I know that I can't possibly practice all the qigong I know in any one day and have settled on the Stillness-Movement and Gift of the Tao moves. That said, I do find it interesting on some days to run through other stuff, so you may find this interesting as well. I will say if you are a MA then you may not appreciate a system that is not based on postural requirements as much as one that is. GOT is based on energy, not physical alignment.

But if you are interested the DVD link is in my sig.

In general:

I do not recommend anyone with psychiatric or severe mental issues to just start practicing ANY form of qigong without involving their therapists and doctors and then only WITH A TEACHER.

The Gift of the Tao movement system can be learned from the DVD. Look for Gift of the Tao II: Sacred Vibrations soon. It continues from the Gift of the Tao I: Vibratory Acts of Power.

That said, it is MORE powerful when followed up with attending a (several) workshop(s).

Stillness-Movement can actually be done from the book, but it requires a significant more amount of time to reach intermediate levels with it versus learning from a teacher. The quantum based info is only partially transfered by the book and then only to certain individuals (the "who you are" that I always talk about).

Both these systems contribute to health in the same manner as most other qigong systems contribute.

Both of these systems are extremely effective in assisting the healer to be "all that you can be".

• Like 1

Michael, I'm happy to say that I'm coming to see you in january.:)

I have your book and I'm wondering would you say I need to get your dvd before your workshop.

What you reckon?

Bless you. We certainly have a multi-national chi kung event planned. Virtually every country in Europe is represented as well as from all over the UK. And at least two of us from the US.

We will do the Gift of the Tao I movements in the workshop so those that learn them ahead of time will definitely experience more from them. We are also going to be doing the Gift of the Tao II movements, of which there is no DVD as of today. So if you plan on practicing them you will find the DVD helpful. Plus you can see me back when I had long hair. :lol:

Are you planning for the clinical applications third day?

• Like 1

Not that it's of interest to anyone of course, but men who have had therapy are better lovers.

Just sayin'.

HA! In general maybe, ever tried a Taoist wizard?

edit: and if that's true it just goes to show ya how sick our society is, don't you think?

Edited by Starjumper7