mjjbecker

Stillness Movement Neigong and Michael Lomax's 'Light Warrior's Guide' Book

HA! In general maybe, ever tried a Taoist wizard?

edit: and if that's true it just goes to show ya how sick our society is, don't you think?

If this isn't too personal, which system do you practice and how much time do you contribute to it? No need to satisy my curiosity if you don't wish it. Thanks.

If this isn't too personal, which system do you practice and how much time do you contribute to it? No need to satisy my curiosity if you don't wish it. Thanks.

No it's not too personal, but being asked that frequently around here get's kind of old. A good Jedi might have checked my profile before asking in public =) www.tienshan.net

No it's not too personal, but being asked that frequently around here get's kind of old. A good Jedi might have checked my profile...

Thank you for indulging me, I use my smartphone for most of my online interaction and it is so much less difficult than trying to push links with a combination of the zoom key and my fingers!

Well I think it this is a good opportunity to write my take on Ya Mu's book. I just finished reading it yesterday, and I am still blown away by how it has impacted my way of thinking.

Let me start from my first contact with this wonderful book. Upon first touching it, I was amazed by the amount of energy being emitted from it. Holding it in my hands, I could feel a constant flow of positive energy around my hands and permeating my entire body, and this was all before even reading the first word, (Let me just add that I have felt powerful objects in the past such as rare crystals and sacred amulets, however they all pale in comparison to what I felt streaming from Ya Mu's book :lol: ). So without even looking into the book, I already had a very good impression towards Ya Mu's teachings and knew this read would be very different from the many other books on qigong that I have read.

Upon reading his first section of the book, I was amazed by the unbelievable events from Michael Lomax's life. At first Michael explains how he had never planned to include these personal accounts into his book, but from the insistence of his teacher decided to add them in. I for one thank your teacher for pushing you to include them in, for I think these personal stories hold the true meat of the book. Each personal story has a lesson or moral that Michael is trying to present to the reader to better illustrate what it truly means to be a light warrior at heart. I continued reading and found the entire book of amazing clarity and truth in his teachings. The only part that I skipped over was the descriptions of how to practice Stillness Movement qigong, it was never my intention to try to learn Stiilness Movement practice from the book, I instead wanted to grasp the teachings of Michael's non-linear qigong. I think people would be wise to look at books as supplements to better understand a teaching, not as a substitute for the teacher itself. After reading the entire book, I believe the purpose of Michael's book is to open the reader up to new levels beyond the mundane world. I would say Michael has accomplished this task of completely altering my perception on how I view reality. Out of all the books I have ever read on qigong or mystical knowledge, I would with out a doubt say that this book has impacted me exponentially more than any other.This book has beautifully presented to me what it truly means to be a Light Warrior, something I now know has been my true destiny all along :D . I would HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone curious about realizing their true potential as a being of light and interested at experiencing life outside of our mundane life styles. Just do not read this book with the intention of completely learning a new form of qigong, no book could accomplish this; instead look at this book as a an amazing tool to help you grow spiritually. Thank you Michael, and all of your amazing teachers for imparting true wisdom to true seekers ^_^

I almost overlooked addressing this post.

Thanks for the kind words. I think you will do really well with this system as it sounds like it was meant for you.

I would like to address the path of the healer. Yes, one can learn and practice the system I teach and utilize it for self. It is not just meant for healers, but for practical raising of the energy body vibration.

But the path of the healer is different.

see The Path of the Healer

From the above:

"So, in the end, I do not recommend the path of the Healer to anyone unless they KNOW, in the true-heart, that they are supposed to be doing Healing. Certainly any other reason, such as desires to make money, are not reasons which support the sacrifice required to be a healer. Must easier to do something else in life. But, if one does feel this heart connection, there is almost nothing that gives true joy as much as seeing someone's face light up when their pain instantly disappears."

• Like 1

Hi Michael,

I've been practicing from the Gift of the Tao DvD and I must say I felt a small jolt the first time I watched it, cool stuff. Anyhow I'm enjoying the practice but don't have a nice outdoor area to practice or high energy vortex to find and practice in, in Oxnard CA _ I don't as of yet have that sensitivity, but I like the practice very much. Id like to ask you about the spontaneous movment in the Stillness meditation after practicing the form and feeling for the chi. What do these spontaneopus movments feel like? I've experienced some wiggeling in my body but I don't want to be the cause I want to be sure that the chi is moving me, I suppose practice will eventually smooth out and answer these questions but if you have any interedting and related stories of yourself or students please share them! If you don't mind, thanks.

Hi Michael,

I've been practicing from the Gift of the Tao DvD and I must say I felt a small jolt the first time I watched it, cool stuff. Anyhow I'm enjoying the practice but don't have a nice outdoor area to practice or high energy vortex to find and practice in, in Oxnard CA _ I don't as of yet have that sensitivity, but I like the practice very much. Id like to ask you about the spontaneous movment in the Stillness meditation after practicing the form and feeling for the chi. What do these spontaneopus movments feel like? I've experienced some wiggeling in my body but I don't want to be the cause I want to be sure that the chi is moving me, I suppose practice will eventually smooth out and answer these questions but if you have any interedting and related stories of yourself or students please share them! If you don't mind, thanks.

I don't like to describe "what the movements feel like" because I would rather you tell me. In other words, when you do experience them, they are YOURS and not something I suggested.

It sounds as if you have experienced some movement with the wiggling of the body. The important thing is for the energy itself to be moving inside the body, causing the body to vibrate. At first this is very subtle but you will feel it more as you practice more. Don't question it, just go with it. Your Gift of Tao practice will enhance this. It won't be all that long before you will be ready for Gift of the Tao II. Hang in there, this is called time&effort for a reason. You are doing very well.

• Like 1

Bless you. We certainly have a multi-national chi kung event planned. Virtually every country in Europe is represented as well as from all over the UK. And at least two of us from the US.

We will do the Gift of the Tao I movements in the workshop so those that learn them ahead of time will definitely experience more from them. We are also going to be doing the Gift of the Tao II movements, of which there is no DVD as of today. So if you plan on practicing them you will find the DVD helpful. Plus you can see me back when I had long hair. :lol:

Are you planning for the clinical applications third day?

Hi Michael, thankyou, I'll get the Dvd!

I hadnt planned on the third day but if it transpires that it'd be suitable, maybe I can add - in.

Every country in Europe! Wow, that's great. I'm really looking forward to it.

And to seeing you with long hair. :)

HA! In general maybe, ever tried a Taoist wizard?

edit: and if that's true it just goes to show ya how sick our society is, don't you think?

I think it's a sign of how trying-to-heal our society is that so many people including men can go to therapy today without fear or stigma to hold them back, and learn how to be emotionally intelligent and articulate and get a handle on psychological issues that would define them and prevent their wholeness.

I'd like basic psychological mechanisms like Projection to be taught in schools. It seems to me absurd how few people know that they are doing it. It would also be helpful if basics of psychological types were taught in schools too so that everyone could recognize Egoic Inflation, Histrionic personality types, Anti Social personality disorder etc etc.

Apologies for straying OT, Michael.

I think it will happen one day. Consciousness will be raised.

• Like 1

I think it's a sign of how trying-to-heal our society is that so many people including men can go to therapy today without fear or stigma to hold them back, and learn how to be emotionally intelligent and articulate and get a handle on psychological issues that would define them and prevent their wholeness

I credit Tony Soprano for making it more attractive to men

I've been without internet for a few days, took a hit from nature, or was that nature helping a wish I had just made to come true, more later. Weird stuff, smells like magic.

Michael. when I get around to it I'm going to make a correction to something you said which disagreed with something I said on this thread =) unless you can find it first. I was going to bring it up last summer but banning caused an intermission.

Thank god for bannings.

Edited by Starjumper7

Yes, my Taoist Wizard is my favourite and a great treasure.:)

Dang! You got your own Taoist wizard for bed time sports? Now I'm jealous, that's just what I want too... I mean, a female one (nei kung addict, chi junkie, bliss angel, you know...), will train.

I think it's a sign of how trying-to-heal our society is that so many people including men can go to therapy today without fear or stigma to hold them back, and learn how to be emotionally intelligent and articulate and get a handle on psychological issues that would define them and prevent their wholeness.

Yes and that's a good positive point you make, that more men are going to therapy, I agree. I was just thinking that in some (more primitive/non western cultures men don't grow up broken and so should be most excellent in bed without therapy.

I'd like basic psychological mechanisms like Projection to be taught in schools. It seems to me absurd how few people know that they are doing it. It would also be helpful if basics of psychological types were taught in schools too so that everyone could recognize Egoic Inflation, Histrionic personality types, Anti Social personality disorder etc etc.

It makes me wonder how it could get so bad, but I don't want to wonder about that =)

Apologies for straying OT, Michael.

I don't think he minds, if I recall correctly, without checking, someone else started this thread anyway.

I think it will happen one day. Consciousness will be raised.

Really? I hope so, there are signs. I wonder if I should wish for it? I would need to spell out in a lot more detail before wishing anything, and I'm lazy, or busy, both actually, so if someone else can spell it out first ...

You know, I'll bet one thing that would help a shift would be if there were a bunch more Taoist wizards around. Maybe I should ... I suck at healing, sort of, never tried it much, sometimes it works really well on kids and for making pain stop. I've stopped bad injury pain before though by disrupting nerve transmission with my hand energy.

What I prefer to use my energy for, what I'm good at, what is fun for me, is creating little baby wizards and help them grow up, but they still have to go through all the hard parts. The problem is it has been somewhat difficult to find people with the right stuff, and only a few can be taught at a time to really make it work fast, which is what it's all about, isn't it.

It's kind of the same thing Michael does, helping people to develop the ability to heal others with energy ... and compassion. All about healing self and others, I just prefer to start with people that are in the top 1% of health and go forward from there.

Bringing Michael back in to it to help prevent thread drift =) he and I are both working towards the shift in a way, as is everyone who meditates, even if only for one minute.

Edited by Starjumper7

I just prefer to start with people that are in the top 1% of health and go forward from there.

I think if ones desire is strong and consistent,then that is enough.

... he and I are both working towards the shift in a way, as is everyone who meditates, even if only for one minute.

Yes, I believe this is a very important thing. I think most people do bot believe or understand when I tell them that the energy they pull in does not stop with them but helps transform the whole area they are in - if they do it regularly.

• Like 1

Hi Michael,

I observe that the Stillness movement comes to stop more and more earlier. I can introduce the movement by the Sinew Transformation from Sifu Wong Kiew Kit and I need one Flick to explode in Motion but still the introduced movement settle down more and more faster. Same goes for the other Qigong that the spontaneus movement get less to none.

2Weeks and then Seminar!

Q

It changes and varies from person to person.

Let us see how we do in the workshop which, as you say, is only 2 weeks!

I have been working hard on the new book and hope to publish it this quarter! Also I am trying to do more of an interactive version of A Light Warrior's Guide as well as the new book for the Nook Color e-reader which is really an Android based computer in disguise. AND get enough qigong in. This is why you don't hear much from me on this board right now.

• Like 2

I'm getting a bit more than a bit interested in attending a workshop in the UK, unfortunately cannot attend this next one but I will appreciate knowing when the next one(s) will be held as early on as possible so I can try and plan it into my schedule.

Theres a possiblity that a workshop will occur in Los Angeles as I am in the process of trying to plan one. If it does happen it will most likely occur this summer

What a great opportunity to follow-up with another announcement about the upcoming Terre Haute, IN workshop that will be held March 26, 27, and 28th scheduled at the Hilton Garden Inn located in downtown Terre Haute, IN. You can find complete info and sign-up information at Michael's website Qigongamerica.com

After attending the workshop in England -- I have to say again how impressed I was with the time and effort put into organizing the workshop. Everyone really put in extra effort to make certain the event was a success. Plus, I was impressed with all of those that attended - how many took very naturally to Stillness-Movement and The Gift of the Tao Neigong system. The intense light that I witnessed being pulled into our workshop was wonderful.

So, I have been attending workshops now for 3 years and was recently certified by Michael as a Medical Qigong Practitioner.(I am Brion for those that know me.) Does this mean I have graduated and don't need to attend any future seminars. NO - I keep learning something new at each seminar. It may be from what Michael teaches me or it may be from a question asked by a new student or from watching someone elase perform a Gift of the Tao movment.

I would encourage those that have attended to give the system the Time and Effort it deserves. I have personally seen the lineage downloaded to my brain energetically. I wondered what the heck was that when I got it. Then I realized it was info on the lineage and I have continued to work stillness-movement ona daily basis. When I started, I was doing maybe 30 minutes a day - somedays 1 hour, somedays none at all. I started to see the days that I did stillness, well those days either went smoother for me or I ran into someone that needed Medical Qigong treatment.

Now with each meditation I try to grow it , make it bigger, more powerful. Set my intent and go... I have been amazed that each time it seems to keep getting bigger. My dogs love it. They know immediately when I'm in another part of the house and begin. They show up, pile around me and we all do stillness together. The dogs usually twitch and run in place while I might rotate a bit. I have been able to also grow the time I dedicate to stillness so that whenever I am not doing stillness and realize it -- then I start doing stillness.

I have a passion for Medical Qigong -- Humans and Animals. The more Stillness I do, more opportunities arise. Two days ago I had lunch with a local Medical Doctor , he had expressed some interest in knowing about Qigong --I was doing stillness while i waited for him, at the end of lunch he said he might attend the workshop as he has neck problems and would like for us to use him as a patient. Of course I offered to treat him at that moment. He said he had to start seeing patients in 5 minutes -- that was enough time.. The look on his face was priceless! He said he'd had the problem for 2 years and the pain/burning was gone - he couldnt find the hot spot!

This is how it works -- extremely well! Then the next day I got an update on another Medical Doctor -- I had treated her Pony -- not heard back. But she just reported to my/her Vet that her Pony was doing much better - eating better, more social - after 1 treatment. Now the Vet wants me to treat both of her horses -- could be the start of something big.

Anyway - if you have attended a workshop-- attend a 2nd one -- you'll be amazed out how much more you learn and how what you have been doing gets better. If you haven't attended one -- try one out -- you will also be amazed at what you come away with -- Try it..you'll like it!

Thanks,

Kempomaster

Brion B.

• Like 3

I own Lomax's book and DVD, and am ready to pass them on. Please message me, if you'd like me to send them to you. Just pay postage.