mjjbecker

Stillness Movement Neigong and Michael Lomax's 'Light Warrior's Guide' Book

VIDEO GAME QIGONG!!!

Absolutely.

The key, as Friend correctly suggests, is non-indulgence. When I do movie qigong I can tell you everything that happened but I never indulge in being the character or being in the story, which is what most movies are trying to do - get one immersed inside the story. So this concept can be applied to virtually anything, hence 24/7 Stillness-Movement. But ALL that is still not the same as the concentrated sitting Stillness-Movement. It really is the matter, as Friend suggests, of translating the Stillness-Movement over into other activities.

• Like 1

Absolutely.

The key, as Friend correctly suggests, is non-indulgence. When I do movie qigong I can tell you everything that happened but I never indulge in being the character or being in the story, which is what most movies are trying to do - get one immersed inside the story. So this concept can be applied to virtually anything, hence 24/7 Stillness-Movement. But ALL that is still not the same as the concentrated sitting Stillness-Movement. It really is the matter, as Friend suggests, of translating the Stillness-Movement over into other activities.

Right, I have been playing with movie qigong, video game qigong, concert qigong, etc. since you first told me about it. But I got the impression that just as there is simultaneous stillness movement and movie watching, there is also simultaneous indulgence/immersion and non-indulgence/immersion. I say this because I wonder, how could you derive enjoyment from watching a movie if on some level you are not "getting into it"? When a person is touched by a great movie, book, etc. isn't it because on some level they identify with the characters or situations? And about the feeling of immersion, how would you relate being immersed in the plot of a movie or book to the immersion I suspect you feel on stage rocking the bass, and to staying in the stillness movement state?

Right, I have been playing with movie qigong, video game qigong, concert qigong, etc. since you first told me about it. But I got the impression that just as there is simultaneous stillness movement and movie watching, there is also simultaneous indulgence/immersion and non-indulgence/immersion. I say this because I wonder, how could you derive enjoyment from watching a movie if on some level you are not "getting into it"? When a person is touched by a great movie, book, etc. isn't it because on some level they identify with the characters or situations? And about the feeling of immersion, how would you relate being immersed in the plot of a movie or book to the immersion I suspect you feel on stage rocking the bass, and to staying in the stillness movement state?

Ah Ha! Good question.

Now, you have observed me doing Taoist Medicine on someone while at the same time talking about anything whatsoever? Yet getting immediate results? It is a matter of separating the first and second attention. One attention is the brain-body and the other attention is the energy body/soul. Now, when one gets this, then it is easy to utilize various aspects of the energy body, brain, and body simultaneously. All this ties in with everything else that I am attempting to get across to my students and requires time&effort. Some people find it easier than others. For me, it was at the same time very difficult while at the same time very easy. I am not speaking in riddles; the BRAIN made it very difficult; the process is easy. So the non-indulgence is a chosen thing; one can choose the degree of immersion and walk a fine line between indulgence and non-indulgence. I enjoy the movies and my qigong does it's thing while I am watching through this process of separating the first and second attention.

• Like 1

Ah Ha! Good question.

Now, you have observed me doing Taoist Medicine on someone while at the same time talking about anything whatsoever? Yet getting immediate results? It is a matter of separating the first and second attention. One attention is the brain-body and the other attention is the energy body/soul. Now, when one gets this, then it is easy to utilize various aspects of the energy body, brain, and body simultaneously. All this ties in with everything else that I am attempting to get across to my students and requires time&effort. Some people find it easier than others. For me, it was at the same time very difficult while at the same time very easy. I am not speaking in riddles; the BRAIN made it very difficult; the process is easy. So the non-indulgence is a chosen thing; one can choose the degree of immersion and walk a fine line between indulgence and non-indulgence. I enjoy the movies and my qigong does it's thing while I am watching through this process of separating the first and second attention.

Interesting discussion.

So does the one hour/day minimum practice of stillness movement (in order to maintain the transmission) need to be one hour of exclusive practice or one hour of practice done while doing other things?

If one had to not practice (or practice less than an hour per day) for a couple of weeks would the transmission from the seminar be lost?

Also, I'm still not entirely clear on the benefits/purpose of the stillness movement (and how it contrasts in purpose and benefit with the Gift of the Tao). I think that the stillness movement is supposed to raise your vibrational rate thereby bringing you closer to enlightenment? Can someone expand on the benefits on a physical level?

thanks-

I think that the stillness movement is supposed to raise your vibrational rate thereby bringing you closer to enlightenment?

What's the definition of enlightenment used here? Since there are many to choose from.

So does the one hour/day minimum practice of stillness movement (in order to maintain the transmission) need to be one hour of exclusive practice or one hour of practice done while doing other things?

If one had to not practice (or practice less than an hour per day) for a couple of weeks would the transmission from the seminar be lost?

Also, I'm still not entirely clear on the benefits/purpose of the stillness movement (and how it contrasts in purpose and benefit with the Gift of the Tao). I think that the stillness movement is supposed to raise your vibrational rate thereby bringing you closer to enlightenment? Can someone expand on the benefits on a physical level?

thanks-

Concentrated sitting Stillness-Movement IS the key practice. I suggest a minimum of one hr per day. Without this there is no carrying over the practice into your daily life. This is an internal neigong form. There are many benefits; read back through the thread and you will find many of these benefits not only listed, but personally described by those that practice the form.

The Gift of the Tao is a movement qigong form. Of course the practice of Stillness-Movement enhances the practice of this form as there would be no form without the practice of Stillness-Movement - that is where it came from.

Both forms contain the benefits that are subscribed to all qigong.

I suggest to anyone that says they don't have time to do a concentrated sitting practice for an hour to just practice the Gift of the Tao. It can be done in one pass inside of 15-20 minutes.

HOWEVER, IMO there is no such thing as not having time to practice as the practice itself enhances the time spent doing anything else so that the improved efficiency of the other tasks are more than offset by the concentrated practice.

You are already "enlightened". You just aren't aware of it yet.

• Like 1

Still can not understand why they not break to your door as for Kunlun.

As it is even more formless - an engine.

:)

Hi Friend, I wonder this myself... :rolleyes:

If that ever happens I am going to build a house way back in the woods from the house where I tell everyone I live... Really, I don't want phenomena seekers, sensationalist seekers, guru worshipers or smart asses that already know everything; only genuine seekers that wish to learn authentic neigong, medical qigong for helping others, and a highly energetic movement system. It is a shame, though, that the medical qigong techniques are not being utilized more - this IS IS IS future's medicine.

• Like 2

Hi there Michael

1 hour concentrated sitting practise - here I would not say I have no time - I would say 1h boooring^^

Look as the post of the youthful enthusiasm quest to at least fill the Dantien in 100 day with half hour meditation etc - from my understanding: survive this time with struggle and bearing^^.

Sitting one hour is a -10 Points for Motivation even when the gain is very- big.

And for the practise - One chinese hour is 2 western hours. When one hear: "Oh just half hour training... well well

better than two hours Mabo- Riding Horse(4 hours)".

I try 1hour concentrated Sitting Meditation later. Standing is easier to bear.

Is concentrated Sitting Meditation now also possible with open eyes and closed eyes?

So, concentrated Sitting Meditation is with no movies- since different with videogames one not use the hands as they should rest on the Dantien?

And should one then both first and second attention on the Dantien then... or ?

Cheers,

Q

Sitting and standing are both considered in the hour, as long as one continues the Stillness-Movement. Other tasks qigong, carrying it forward to other tasks, is accomplished through the awareness gained in the sitting/standing, so it is the state that is carried over into other tasks. But this state is based on the standing/sitting. WHat I notice is, that when one first begins practice, it may take an hour to "saturate" (and I use that term loosely). After a few weeks or a couple of months, depending on the practitioner, it seems to settle into around 40 minutes (not an exact thing) to reach that "saturation" level. Now, let me stress this: One hour is not enough for those that wish to manipulate energy for healing others. Once this "saturation" level is reached then more Stillness-Movement is a good thing, as now it is not only "saturated" the body, but is working toward raising the energy body vibrational level. So for self-healing qigong, I always say one hour minimum. For healers I say 4,5 hours minimum.

Now you may find it "boring", and for a few weeks or a couple of months, it may remain so. But eventually instead of HAVING to sit and do the Stillness-Movement it will be "Oh Goody! I GET to sit down and do Stillness-Movement."

• Like 1

Thanks. Having just about finished your book, how do the effects of the stillness movement differ from that of other spontaneous chikung, for example years ago I learned Soaring Crane Chiqong, the second half of which is comprised of a few minutes of memorized movements followed by almost half an hour of straight spontaneous movements? thanks-

Thanks. Having just about finished your book, how do the effects of the stillness movement differ from that of other spontaneous chikung, for example years ago I learned Soaring Crane Chiqong, the second half of which is comprised of a few minutes of memorized movements followed by almost half an hour of straight spontaneous movements? thanks-

Don't know about the qigong you mention so I can't answer. I will say this; I have tried many qigong systems; everyone I have tried pales in comparison to the Stillness-Movement neigong.

Hi Michael

"Saturation". Hmmmm I have watched a movie the Stillnes movement in the standing is left right rotation. It stop the movement and some "bang" was there instead some kind of "NOW" Feeling after 1hour and 5minutes.

Does it mean that the cultivation starts after Saturation?

4,5 hours minimum (sound more horrible but healers are more serious to be effective as the same as martial artist)

The first sentence is satysfying and informative so one can choose and switch.

Also I miss a sentence after the second sentence of your post.

I miss :Open eyes allowed? Watching TV allowed? Since one can stand in front or sit in front of TV. Or watch the nice heaven, the blooming flowers, the hell angels drive across the highway(just a joke) or is it sit and stand in room closing eyes and stand until the alarm clock drives you out of your state^^ and you push the button like in TV Game Jeopardy (Imagine the melody)? (Considering one have a reaction skill test every session)

Next thing that come to me:

"If one want be serious but have want enjoy the "MUNDANE" and 4,5h are minimum(what is the optimum?) and want reduce the "concentrate part" and add in the "other task part". How much time would the other task part time will be count in % in contrast to the "concentrate part"?"

Us Mundane people not start in heavens else we drop more deep than the Mundane, as the fall make feel pain

-not like to see heavens again... memory hurts enough and our memory is good-- very good.

Also there are people here who will say: "One hour? Childsplay"

How much time would the other task part time will be count in % in contrast to the "concentrate part"?"

Also Michael, I think you are a big Cheater because this (I hope I can post this from the backcover of your book :

"In order to create, or manifest, we need two things: Energy and INTENT. We can develop both of these by practising High Level Qigong"

You use your INTENT to avoid all those people you mentioned. Well Well. I heard the high level hermit master do the same like Don Juan said to Castaneda what he whould do when people hunt him : "I am just not there"

Cheers,

Q <- Full Package: "phenomena seeker, sensationalist seeker, guru worshiper or smart ass that already know everything; genuine seeker that wish to learn authentic neigong, medical qigong for helping others, and a highly energetic movement system."

P.S : I have a good Idea for you: Telling us another story where you encounter the "neitherworld" where you learned something valuabel rule - no special skill or gift .. but a law or courtesy a perception a thing to pay attention. I heard Shamans have good story telling techniques that enhance concious.

Hmm, I will try to answer as best I can but forgive me if it is not exactly what you are asking.

Does it mean that the cultivation starts after Saturation?

It means that the cultivation will not be at a proper point unless one at least reaches the "saturation" and again, the term "saturation" is used because I can not think of a better term right now; another way of looking at it is the "soup is not done" until this point.

4,5 hours minimum (sound more horrible but healers are more serious to be effective as the same as martial artist)

I

f one want be serious but have want enjoy the "MUNDANE" and 4,5h are minimum(what is the optimum?)

How much time would the other task part time will be count in % in contrast to the "concentrate part"?"

Best I can put it is one hr = good, 2 hrs = better, 3 hrs=better than 2. Do I think a person can progress doing only one hr of Stillness-Movement per day. Of course. It depends on on's goals. A healer has to have MUCH OOMPH, so I tell students who wish to be healers to practice 4-5 hrs per day. Now if they were only seeing one patient per day they could get by with a good bit less. But if they are seeing really sick patients all day long they BETTER practice a lot; healers absorb sick qi - Stillness-Movement shakes it out.

But optimum is really going to depend on oh-so-many factors. WHO YOU ARE (defined previously) is one of the largest factors. When sitting better with eyes closed - one can go deeper. So obviously there are levels of efficiency. Eyes closed more efficient than eyes open. Then efficiency will vary with the experience of the practitioner. There really are too many variables to give a nailed-down answer to your question.

So, for a non-healer, the idea is to get at least an hr of the concentrated neigong in - then everything else is gravy.

Also Michael, I think you are a big Cheater because this (I hope I can post this from the backcover of your book :

"In order to create, or manifest, we need two things: Energy and INTENT. We can develop both of these by practising High Level Qigong"

You use your INTENT to avoid all those people you mentioned. Well Well. I heard the high level hermit master do the same like Don Juan said to Castaneda what he whould do when people hunt him : "I am just not there"

Well, I will tell you a story. I was at a qigong convention and one of my students stopped by the table that I had in the vendor's area. I told him to watch what happens when people walk by my table. After an hour of this I asked him what he saw. He said that people were coming by and it was as if they could not see me or the table. But every now and then one person would come up and be very interested.

Now I will say I did NOT do this on purpose, although my wife has accused me several times of using energy to run people off that I didn't want around. :o (hmmn no "halo" emoticon) It all has to do with vibration and I will probably not expound on this any further. Will say that when I first began teaching I had many phenomena seekers and don't much anymore.

Other Stories?

Wait for 2nd book.

I think you are what I call a "natural" and any amount of Stillness-Movement will be a good thing.

• Like 1

Hi there http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/62/Angel-smiley.png

I try to to live with it ^_^

What is your wife thinking about your very "mysterious" doing at the beginning and now?

(Like in the Movie "Arahan" Signpost in the house:"No Energywinds")

:blink:

For courtesy and curiosity :

"What happend with ONAWEEJA?" Since she participated in many of your stories in the First Book (I find it strange that everyone is asking about you but not the partner since she is medicine women - I guess.)

Be Nice and watch this in Youtube: "Japanese Qigong(kikou) doctor Kanzawa - Amazing!"

Q

Nothing I do is mysterious - just part of being normal. Most folks can obtain normal abilities (our heritage) through practice. I am actually just a simple country boy trying to make my way in the world.

Don't talk about others - of course that was not this person's real name in the book. And don't, other than perhaps an occasional mention, discuss my wife. She does support my work.

• Like 1

... quite normal well that we are not normal?

Most of humanity has sunk well beneath their heritage and have forgotten who they really are.

• Like 1

I thought I would address a couple of questions that came up on other threads but would be beneficial to all who practice this method.

Concerning practicing "from the book" before attending a workshop: It is OK IF you do the closing. When you get to a workshop you will find the practice to get a large bump up.

Reading a book, talking to someone, or being in Nature, and receiving a "transmission". This is usually not really a transmission but a resonance. When we hear, read, or experience a truth then, due to our raising of the energy body's vibrational rate from the Stillness-Movement practice, we feel this resonance.

On a side note we are halfway to filling the London workshop; we will not accept numbers beyond published in the flyer, so if you have an interest don't wait to register.

• Like 1

Well, well Michael,

we know for sure you are a short cut for this method. :lol:

I was asking myself, since you come to England and give an advantage to the airplane cost

for some people. Why you not stay a fourth day to offer the Tao Medicine since you physical body has to be in touch with the physical body of the patient. :closedeyes:

I read you can not give healing while the seminars, so a suggestion from me.

Enjoy

Q

Are you coming to the seminar? In Monday's class we will be doing Clinical Applications.

• Like 1