3bob

Certain instances of Buddhist harping...

Currently, i do not wish to be single.

Currently, i do not wish to have only blackness to reflect upon during my sleep.

Currently, i do not wish to be unable to achieve my dreams of a life on the land and a family to raise from the land.

Currently, my wishes are neglected.

Common n00by mistake.

You are focusing on what you DON'T want...hence that is what you GET. What you DON'T WANT.

If someone asks you, "What kind of girl do you want?"

And you answer with a laundry list of...all the traits you don't want...then that is what you'll attract.

Instead, describe her by what you DO want. Set your intent, and then totally let it go (don't keep thinking about it) to get your mind out of the way of manifestation.

At least in theory... Of course, who says it actually works that simply & easily in real life! :lol:

:lol: makes sense!!

Actually,. i used to HATE it, i was scared it meant i was going insane and that i would wind up being taken away by "officials" and put in a rubber room (mind you was 12, and heard that when people stop dreaming they go insane - i beleived it maybe too much - or maybe im too insane to realize :lol:), but eventually, after getting stoned, i embraced it and found it to be quite relaxing actually.

Though insomnia doesnt help :lol:

But overall.... i miss life... i havent experienced life except in minutely small dosages for over 18 years.

Last summer was 3 consecuative months of REAL reality, until i fell in love with a girl i had never seen before except once.... in a dream...

Dreams dont come true. they jsut dont. they lie to you and trick you into wasting your life and then when they finally present the pay off, they strip it away from you and piss in your open heart wound.

It's too late for me. i must exact compensation from the innocent, as the guilty are not within reach!

Dont blame me, i didnt ask to be here or be lied to, or go insane. im just a product of YOUR world.

I of course speak out to my inevitable victims and their families and above all, the "powers that be" who run the economy and society.

They (The "PTB") are to blame, not me, i am just a byproduct of their evil. I will fight it for as long as i am able, but i must warn you, after 12 years of fighting to retain my sanity and express respectful conduct, one day soon, the long haired and easy going hippie will kill all humans. :lol:

Sounds funny, heck even im laughing, but i have to express this is a very true and real warning. i am losing it, and i know it, and... sadly... short of me finding a mate and getting the heck out of this society and living off the land in peace... there is nothing anyone can do at this point to stop it.

It's OK to be crazy. Don't worry too much. I also think dreams come true for people who are slightly crazy. If your mind is too sane, it means it is too rigid and too inflexible for dreaming. You need to be flexible, loose to dream well. That's why I say being a little crazy is good. But sometimes you have to be completely crazy. Not even just a little, but a lot. And that's OK too. Try to relax and pay attention in a relaxed manner. Don't worry too much about sanity or what's proper. Try to enjoy your life as it is.

Edited by goldisheavy

Common n00by mistake.

You are focusing on what you DON'T want...hence that is what you GET. What you DON'T WANT.

If someone asks you, "What kind of girl do you want?"

And you answer with a laundry list of...all the traits you don't want...then that is what you'll attract.

Instead, describe her by what you DO want. Set your intent, and then totally let it go (don't keep thinking about it) to get your mind out of the way of manifestation.

At least in theory... Of course, who says it actually works that simply & easily in real life! :lol:

Intent works every time, but as I said before, we unwittingly intend all kinds of things, some of which are contradictory. In other words, we have diverse interests and some of our interests are mutually contradictory. That's a big problem. If you want to be hot and cold at the same time and in the same place, you can't get it, at least, not with a normal belief system (mindset) which prohibits such mixing. So depending on what you want more, something might have to give.

Edited by goldisheavy

Intent works every time, but as I said before, we unwittingly intend all kinds of things, some of which are contradictory. In other words, we have diverse interests and some of our interests are mutually contradictory. That's a big problem. If you want to be hot and cold at the same time and in the same place, you can't get it, at least, not with a normal belief system (mindset) which prohibits such mixing. So depending on what you want more, something might have to give.
Good point - that's probably why "The Secret" didn't work so easily for most people as advertised.

Or we'd all be multimillionaires with supermodel partners by now.. FAIL! :lol:

Good point - that's probably why "The Secret" didn't work so easily for most people as advertised.

Or we'd all be multimillionaires with supermodel partners by now.. FAIL! :lol:

No kidding, eh? I will be happy with a reasonably secure income that's enough to pay rent/mortgage, to own a car if I need it for commute, or enough money to pay for public transportation if that's an option, decent food and some money to go on an occasional vacation and play plenty of computer and console games. How's that for a laundry list? As for supermodels, a non-repulsive woman who loves me is good enough.

What I want more than money though is to be treated like a real human being at work, and not as a resource, or as a fungible commodity. That would really make my day.

Edited by goldisheavy

They (The "PTB") are to blame, not me, i am just a byproduct of their evil. I will fight it for as long as i am able, but i must warn you, after 12 years of fighting to retain my sanity and express respectful conduct, one day soon, the long haired and easy going hippie will kill all humans. :lol:

Sounds funny, heck even im laughing, but i have to express this is a very true and real warning. i am losing it, and i know it, and... sadly... short of me finding a mate and getting the heck out of this society and living off the land in peace... there is nothing anyone can do at this point to stop it.

So why because you feel so bad S.S.S should all humans die? You wish to externalize a pain inside and create that pain for others, but would you really wish that pain on others? No matter who is to blame, society and its focus has been messed up for a long time. The change is not external, it's personal and internal. It's a choice, the choice to work on the pain inside and stop externalizing it. It could be argued in fact, that all the pain created in the world is due to people not making this choice and continuing to externalize it.

It's not an easy path, but it is the path most have chosen to follow around here, even those not quite aware of it as yet. I think that includes you Stoner. If you could for even a brief moment take on anothers mind and experience their pain you would realize the true quantity of your own pain by comparison....and you would be amazed that those people can even get out of bed in the morning. That is the issue, the separation the human ego creates. So, people meditate and cultivate to break this down. And as for girlfriends, they can cause more pain than ever imaginable :lol: .... but they simply stripped away a layer exposing the pain that was already there... the pain of initial separation from the source.

So why because you feel so bad S.S.S should all humans die? You wish to externalize a pain inside and create that pain for others, but would you really wish that pain on others? No matter who is to blame, society and its focus has been messed up for a long time. The change is not external, it's personal and internal. It's a choice, the choice to work on the pain inside and stop externalizing it. It could be argued in fact, that all the pain created in the world is due to people not making this choice and continuing to externalize it.

It's not an easy path, but it is the path most have chosen to follow around here, even those not quite aware of it as yet. I think that includes you Stoner. If you could for even a brief moment take on anothers mind and experience their pain you would realize the true quantity of your own pain by comparison....and you would be amazed that those people can even get out of bed in the morning. That is the issue, the separation the human ego creates. So, people meditate and cultivate to break this down. And as for girlfriends, they can cause more pain than ever imaginable :lol: .... but they simply stripped away a layer exposing the pain that was already there... the pain of initial separation from the source.

I posted my life's story so that people could recognize my pain and understand how i am able or not, to deal with it.

We're all unique individuals.

THIS one cannot handle the pain of his OWN life and would berserk at the notion of knowing another person's pain as intimately as i know my own.

The pain of separation from the source can be cured by togetherness of THE PEOPLE.

I'll kill all who do not contribute to togetherness when my mind finally does snap.

:lol: Most Mexicans are exempt cuz they are strong family units, but gangs on the other hand, in spite of being almost the same caliber, contribute more to segregation than the unity of the internal gang workings.

SO... i will address your response one for one.

"So why because you feel so bad S.S.W should all humans die? You wish to externalize a pain inside and create that pain for others, but would you really wish that pain on others?"

I wish to return the pain to it's source and return it to the people who have inflicted it upon me, knowingly or not, they are responsible and they will receive their own pain tenfold.

That is necessary for balance.

Constant growth is not balance. it's yang-yang.

Constant destruction is yin-yin which will be necessary to balance the yang-yang which has contributed to more depression and despair than prosperity or community.

Simply because it is not balanced, and until it becomes balanced, it will only push me further and further over the edge until i snap.

My internal self is over exhausted in trying to deal with external life. it is not that i am externalizing my pain, but that my internal pain is sourced externally.

I will return my pain to it's source.

"No matter who is to blame, society and its focus has been messed up for a long time. The change is not external, it's personal and internal."

This is true enough, however, I've made what internal changes i can to make MY SELF a better person, but that is contrary to the goals of society, who has suppressed and neglected me for long enough that i am justified in exacting compensation however i feel is fit.

Unless someone wants to WORK WITH ME, i have to work alone, which WILL BE disastrous for ALL involved. Especially me, but i care not any longer, i cannot afford to any more. I am exhausted.

"It's a choice, the choice to work on the pain inside and stop externalizing it."

By strictly learning to cope with reality and place the blame on my interpretations of life instead of my experiences, i am subtly saying that it's "okay" for life to be an enslavement to corporate greed and political agenda.

It's NOT.

It's time to punish the unruly children for their misbehavior. If you dont help me do it the right way, as a family of humanity, i will be FORCED to do it the WRONG way, by myself.

THE PEOPLE are not giving me much choice, because THE PEOPLE are not participating, so THE PEOPLE will also be punished.

"It could be argued in fact, that all the pain created in the world is due to people not making this choice and continuing to externalize it. "

I agree almost wholeheartedly, which is where internalization is key. but until the majority of people understand this, it is moot point, and leaves me right where i have always ever been.

To reiterate my last point: If i internalize external pain, i am only saying it's okay to keep hurting me.

It's not.

"It's not an easy path, but it is the path most have chosen to follow around here, even those not quite aware of it as yet. I think that includes you Stoner."

Namaste.

"And as for girlfriends, they can cause more pain than ever imaginable :lol: .... but they simply stripped away a layer exposing the pain that was already there... the pain of initial separation from the source."

:lol: dont i know it!! :lol: but without, i have NOTHING TO DO, but sit and "cultivate" which after a certain point, isnt cultivation at all and is, in fact, more harmful to my future than helpful.

I am cultivating my mind and body to becoem a better person and live by example, promote and exemplify the correct example of natural lifeways.

But i cannot contribute to my own goal alone, and i cannot find people locally, or even 60 miles away, who can help me exemplify natural harmonious coexistence with Mother Earth.

I must punish the defilers or hide myself from them.

One requires only that i berserk, the other requires a loved one who can help me calm and remain calm. That is not my job to do alone, there is no social interdependence in aloneness.

I believe i have, as politely and concisely as possible, detailed the very exact nature of my situation.

It is no longer my responsibility to conduct myself, that now depends on the interactions of other human lives. i am not acting on my own will or my own behalf, but on the guidance of the Tao.

If the tao has me murder you and your family, i am truly sorry, but it cant happen without the will of the way.

And it WILL happen to MANY families if i continue to remain deprived, ignored, mocked, and neglected.

This forum is a good place, i am truly apologetic for bringing unwanted drama here, but this is the only place left on earth that has the capacity to understand "my" (read as: our) plight.

What I want more than money though is to be treated like a real human being at work, and not as a resource, or as a fungible commodity. That would really make my day.

Tell me about it. Considering I spend the majority of my week at work.. I'm really starting to dislike this whole game. I mean, is it even possible to escape being an expendable unit in this society? Being a monk now really doesn't sound so bad. Or just a hermit. I'd love a job that's not a 'job', something meaningful and interactive and actually beneficial not only for me but also for those that my services affect, but that's impossible me thinks. Even if I become an acupuncturist, I can't escape sales and marketing and other contrived aspects of business. I'm working on cultivating an equanimous and joyous mindset to cut through the negative emotions that working brings forth. It's hard. :lol:

It is no longer my responsibility to conduct myself, that now depends on the interactions of other human lives. i am not acting on my own will or my own behalf, but on the guidance of the Tao.

If the tao has me murder you and your family, i am truly sorry, but it cant happen without the will of the way.

And it WILL happen to MANY families if i continue to remain deprived, ignored, mocked, and neglected.

Wake up and stop being so dramatic and selfish. You think you're the only one who's suffering? EVERYONE is suffering. Life sucks. It is your responsibility to cultivate yourself and train your mind to not to become affected by negative emotions and in turn see the true nature of your interdependence with reality. That is YOUR responsibility. Nobody, and specially not some mystical invisible force, will do that for you.

It is our views that create our reality. Your view is creating your own demise. Nobody is causing your pain but yourself and your attachment to your negative concepts about how things should be and your idea of what happiness is. It is our reactions to life that dictate our experience.

Edited by mikaelz

I posted my life's story so that people could recognize my pain and understand how i am able or not, to deal with it.

We're all unique individuals.

THIS one cannot handle the pain of his OWN life and would berserk at the notion of knowing another person's pain as intimately as i know my own.

The pain of separation from the source can be cured by togetherness of THE PEOPLE.

I'll kill all who do not contribute to togetherness when my mind finally does snap.

:lol: Most Mexicans are exempt cuz they are strong family units, but gangs on the other hand, in spite of being almost the same caliber, contribute more to segregation than the unity of the internal gang workings.

SO... i will address your response one for one.

"So why because you feel so bad S.S.W should all humans die? You wish to externalize a pain inside and create that pain for others, but would you really wish that pain on others?"

I wish to return the pain to it's source and return it to the people who have inflicted it upon me, knowingly or not, they are responsible and they will receive their own pain tenfold.

That is necessary for balance.

Constant growth is not balance. it's yang-yang.

Constant destruction is yin-yin which will be necessary to balance the yang-yang which has contributed to more depression and despair than prosperity or community.

Simply because it is not balanced, and until it becomes balanced, it will only push me further and further over the edge until i snap.

My internal self is over exhausted in trying to deal with external life. it is not that i am externalizing my pain, but that my internal pain is sourced externally.

"No matter who is to blame, society and its focus has been messed up for a long time. The change is not external, it's personal and internal."

This is true enough, however, I've made what internal changes i can to make MY SELF a better person, but that is contrary to the goals of society, who has suppressed and neglected me for long enough that i am justified in exacting compensation however i feel is fit.

Unless someone wants to WORK WITH ME, i have to work alone, which WILL BE disastrous for ALL involved. Especially me, but i care not any longer, i cannot afford to any more. I am exhausted.

"It's a choice, the choice to work on the pain inside and stop externalizing it."

By strictly learning to cope with reality and place the blame on my interpretations of life instead of my experiences, i am subtly saying that it's "okay" for life to be an enslavement to corporate greed and political agenda.

It's NOT.

It's time to punish the unruly children for their misbehavior. If you dont help me do it the right way, as a family of humanity, i will be FORCED to do it the WRONG way, by myself.

THE PEOPLE are not giving me much choice, because THE PEOPLE are not participating, so THE PEOPLE will also be punished.

"It could be argued in fact, that all the pain created in the world is due to people not making this choice and continuing to externalize it. "

I agree almost wholeheartedly, which is where internalization is key. but until the majority of people understand this, it is moot point, and leaves me right where i have always ever been.

To reiterate my last point: If i internalize external pain, i am only saying it's okay to keep hurting me.

It's not.

"It's not an easy path, but it is the path most have chosen to follow around here, even those not quite aware of it as yet. I think that includes you Stoner."

Namaste.

"And as for girlfriends, they can cause more pain than ever imaginable :lol: .... but they simply stripped away a layer exposing the pain that was already there... the pain of initial separation from the source."

:lol: dont i know it!! :lol: but without, i have NOTHING TO DO, but sit and "cultivate" which after a certain point, isnt cultivation at all and is, in fact, more harmful to my future than helpful.

I am cultivating my mind and body to becoem a better person and live by example, promote and exemplify the correct example of natural lifeways.

But i cannot contribute to my own goal alone, and i cannot find people locally, or even 60 miles away, who can help me exemplify natural harmonious coexistence with Mother Earth.

I must punish the defilers or hide myself from them.

One requires only that i berserk, the other requires a loved one who can help me calm and remain calm. That is not my job to do alone, there is no social interdependence in aloneness.

I believe i have, as politely and concisely as possible, detailed the very exact nature of my situation.

This forum is a good place, i am truly apologetic for bringing unwanted drama here, but this is the only place left on earth that has the capacity to understand "my" (read as: our) plight.

Dude, I hope you lay off the dope and find yourself a good teacher and path and get yourself straight. You need to get some help, somehow, some way. I for one am finding your shit creepier and creepier and am starting to wish you would hang out elsewhere online instead of bringing your drama here. You are making threats to kill other people and yourself and I think you ought to be banned from the forum if you keep this up. You're not apologetic for bringing it up here, actually, you're indulging yourself at our expense. Get some help.

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Tell me about it. Considering I spend the majority of my week at work.. I'm really starting to dislike this whole game. I mean, is it even possible to escape being an expendable unit in this society? Being a monk now really doesn't sound so bad. Or just a hermit. I'd love a job that's not a 'job', something meaningful and interactive and actually beneficial not only for me but also for those that my services affect, but that's impossible me thinks. Even if I become an acupuncturist, I can't escape sales and marketing and other contrived aspects of business. I'm working on cultivating an equanimous and mindset. In essence, it's all the same. Good job, bad job, alone in nature, immersed in society. I guess I just want it easier.

Wake up and stop being so dramatic and selfish. You think you're the only one who's suffering? EVERYONE is suffering. Life sucks. It is your responsibility to cultivate yourself and train your mind to not to become affected by negative emotions and in turn see the true nature of your interdependence with reality. That is YOUR responsibility. Nobody, and specially not some mystical invisible force, will do that for you.

It is our views that create our reality. Your view is creating your own demise. Nobody is causing your pain but yourself and your attachment to your negative concepts about how things should be and your idea of what happiness is. It is our reactions to life that dictate our experience.

Then i must reverse polarity to make things work for me.

This changes nothing.

I've been good and dealt quite well with my problems up until about 6 years ago, when i realized that being and doing the right thing just gets you shat on.

THEN i started despairing, scouring the internet for answers, insights, gurus, masters, anyone who could help me to rationalize this impossibly unfair series of misfortunes.

Even affirmations wound up just being a bunch of wasted paper.

I wrote "I will calm my emotions and reflect on my bad experiences so that i can grow and understand my situation without despair" thousands of times throughout a whole 100 page notebook.

By the time i had reached the last few pages, i was ready to call it quits, since i had gained nothing from it all.

I've tried various types of meditation and generally stuck with what worked for me and kept me calm and balanced, but the more life continued on, the more my balance was intentionally thrown off by external forces.

Try as i might, i cannot simply ignore the external world any longer! IT is as self destructive to do as you suggest, as it is for me to do as i suggest.

Help me find balance?

I believe everyone has a right to be heard by at least one other person, at the minimum. So, in the spirit of this, I thank you for sharing your pain with me. I can relate to you. I don't want you to suffer and I'm doing the best I can to minimize suffering. Minimizing suffering requires an excess of flexibility across the entire society, which is to say, willingness to accommodate and to forgive. Things are hard because a lot of people with wealth and thus power refuse to give even an inch, and many people think it's OK to be somewhat immoral if it will bring a little more profit. And here we are.

I don't think it will always be this bad. Things can be worse, but I think things will get better than they are today. Hang in there and try to relax.

Edited by goldisheavy

Yes, but that first begins with intergration of the self.

Then you will be contributing to separation. I have no respect for that. Too easy. Thousands of years same same same.

They are not responsible. They receive the pain from others, and those received it from those before them, and on and on and on. They perpetuated the pain due to ignorance.

You are wrong. And to use the yin-yang theory to justify such actions is heinous.

I don't doubt it. Welcome to the human club. Pull up a chair and relax for a bit.

Impossible to do in exact measure, in which case you will be adding to the pain. Thanks. We already have enough like that.

Neglect is endemic, and once again part of the human condition. The seperation from the source was the cause. But can you say for sure that you didn't choose that? I'm mean really say for sure you didn't choose to be born. Because if you cannot, then it is you that is responsible.

What do you think we are all doing here? You are not alone, even though you may feel so. Again, part of the effect of ego seperation creating the impression/feeling that you are alone. We make do and go against the grain to achieve closeness(of sorts).

It's NOT.

I never said it was. But you're hardly helping matters by throwing a wobbler and hurting people. You would be just doing the same as the rest. That's the easy way, the way people continue to choose.

You will not be forced. You may like to think you would be for your own reasons. But the responsibility is your own. Why is it everyone always chooses that way? What is it? 6.2 billion on Earth and only a tiny fraction are trying to work on the pain and all the others remain in ignorance making life harder for us and the rest. Adding to the pain...always adding...

continued below...

It's not.

Never said it was. Walk away. Add to the pain, or subtract the pain. No ones choice but your own regardless of who started it. Or who's wrong for that matter.

I like this part!!! :D

You are mistaken. Your mistake is not your fault(unless you agree you chose to be born)it is the illusion of the seperation. For example, the energy you develop connects to others on an inner level, transferring information and knowledge and helping them and supporting them on their path. The converse is also true though. Distance is non-existent on an energy level.... truly.

Who set up this choice of only two options? You right? Well, ok, but the latter seems more preferable if you ask me. Problem is a stable female that you require to calm you down would only be attracted to calmness(back to square one)so, it would begin with developing that in yourself. Sad, but true. Would that I could find a female as pure as the driven snow, so I wouldn't have to work on myself but could live it through her(as men have been trying to do for centuries), somewhat unfair to expect that though without taking personal responsibility.

You have. Thank you

It is always your responsibilty. Don't kid yourself. If you are acting on the guidance of the Dao(and by the way, the Dao doesn't guide, it's impartial)you would probably have a good sleep, then when you woke up have a nice breakfast! That's about as Dao as it gets.

I expect more intelligence than that from you. Certainly you have displayed it before. Again... The Dao has no volition of it's own.

It's not drama. It's not the first time. What you are trying to do is secretly hoping someone will say something wrong to you, and then go and throw a wobbler, thus attempting to make it their responsibility instead of your own. But it will not be theirs.

Theres not much more I can say Stoner, to externalize or internalize and work through it. As you can see by the state of the world and society most choose the 'easy' door. Hopefully you won't be the same.... but that, my friend, is your choice.

Edited by Ninpo-me-this-ninjutsu-me-that

Help me find balance?

To get at finding equilibrium, a good place to begin might be to first contemplate deeply on who is this "I" who seeks.

Without this understanding, it becomes almost certain that one would find it impossible to let go of attachment to "I". Letting go of attachment to "I" does not imply in the slightest that one loses all identity. On the contrary, it is fully empowering - one learns to accept all conditions as impersonal change, which is the first stage towards freedom from despair. Desperation arises when one fixates on permanence. Replacing this view with the realization of how things are impermanent and non-self, it becomes simpler to access the revolving door, and not just one that opens one way.

Please dont take this wrong - i am not preaching to you SSW - this is offered to you out of deep compassion for your situation, but only on a very mundane, relative level. Ultimately, whatever YOU think is severely hindering your path, it still boils down to attachment to the false view of "I" am this or "I" am that. Let this go if you will, and perhaps the only way you will is to see that this clinging is like holding a burning piece of coal with both your hands and proclaiming to the world, "Look at ME... look at what YOU guys are doing to ME, yet in spite of what YOU all have done, I will bear your pains, and one day return this pain to YOU all!" Is this necessary? I dont know. Only you have the answer. Sometimes this means really seeing the pain for what it is, and acknowledging its true source.

From a brotherly perspective, please consider spending some time to check these out:

A story of one with HIV: http://www.opendemocracy.net/5050/alice-welbourn/when-things-fall-apart

"When things fall apart" by Pema Chodron. Not sure if you are ok with Buddhist stuff (some here are allergic to it, unfortunately) but if you are open to listening, this is very good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7dtLIXE5fU

Or you might want to get the book, or read it at a library: http://www.amazon.com/When-Things-Fall-Apart-Chodron/dp/0007183518

Some quotes from this noble teacher: http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/8052.Pema_Ch_dr_n

Sincere wishes for your wellbeing and freedom from despair.

ps - this might be hard to swallow, but might be the exact 'bitter pill' you need: http://www.thebigview.com/buddhism/fourtruths.html

Edited by CowTao

When Buddha was talking about the 5 heaps, he was talking with regard to particular, manifested, observable phenomena.

He was talking about the all.

That's not true. Is dependent origination itself dependently originated? If yes, that means dependent origination depends on some condition to be what it is, and if that condition changes, dependent origination is no longer dependent origination.

Only someone who doesn't understand the profundity of the teaching of dependent origination would say such a thing. Both the experience of Samsara and Nirvana as well as the experiencer are empty of inherent existence and arise dependently, Nirvana arises dependent upon wisdom of dependent origination and Samsara arises dependent upon ignorance of dependent origination. Nirvana merely being the correct cognition of Samsara. Samara merely being the incorrect cognition of Nirvana.

Actually mind transcends even realizations. Realizations appear and disappear in the basic space of mind.

You need some good mind pointing from a truly knowledgeable and realized being of Buddhist tradition. Your taking the space of mind as ultimate, true and self existent? Uh oh!

My mind is not really mine. If you're talking about your mind which is really yours, you're right, that's just a shadow of the mind, a product of beliefs about the mind, in other words, it's a product of the mindset.

Yup... you need some good mind training.

Remember that the mindset is a condition of the mind in the same way that wind and stillness are conditions of the air.

All originating dependent upon causes and conditions ad infinitum. Your mind, even the experience of the "basic space of mind" (neither perception nor non-perception) arises dependently and is not an inherent reality in and of itself.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Is dependent origination itself dependently originated? If yes, that means dependent origination depends on some condition to be what it is, and if that condition changes, dependent origination is no longer dependent origination.

Only someone who doesn't understand the profundity of the teaching of dependent origination would say such a thing. Both the experience of Samsara and Nirvana as well as the experiencer are empty of inherent existence and arise dependently, Nirvana arises dependent upon wisdom of dependent origination and Samsara arises dependent upon ignorance of dependent origination. Nirvana merely being the correct cognition of Samsara. Samara merely being the incorrect cognition of Nirvana.

A politician's answer. :)

im hurting, crying i feel a lot of energy trying to help me but i have to say.

""Who set up this choice of only two options? You right? Well, ok, but the latter seems more preferable if you ask me. Problem is a stable female that you require to calm you down would only be attracted to calmness(back to square one)so, it would begin with developing that in yourself. Sad, but true. Would that I could find a female as pure as the driven snow, so I wouldn't have to work on myself but could live it through her(as men have been trying to do for centuries), somewhat unfair to expect that though without taking personal responsibility.""

What you dont udnerstand is i have cultivated my calmness for over 12 years, trying very hard to be a good person and NOT want to kill people everywhere all the time

since i was fucking 12

it hasve never EVER gone waway

jsut there

and

i dont and havent had

and never was given

ever

any help or tools

to deal

with it.

im doing the best i can.

It's there, i can feel it.... i feel loved, good energies... im having a real hard time right now... :wacko:

In the end, its not about your pain or my pain, his pain or her pain. Rather, it is THE pain. We all share it and feel it at some point in our life, in the same way. The causes and conditions may be different, but it is the same.

Having said that, the only way I found to desl with it was to study it closely. Once you understand the pain, then you will find the solution to it.

It's there, i can feel it.... i feel loved, good energies... im having a real hard time right now... :wacko:

You need some good mind pointing from a truly knowledgeable and realized being of Buddhist tradition. Your taking the space of mind as ultimate, true and self existent? Uh oh!

Yup... you need some good mind training.

"You need"? Sounds like Buddhist consumerism.

ralis

A psychiatrist would tell you you are having psychotic episodes and need to go to the emergency room immediately before you hurt someone. I'm sure your Tao Bum friends here will all tell you the same. You also are ruining the vibe here with your violent threats. Buddhism and Taoism are non-violent philosophies.

You think you hurt now, your soul will tear in half if you do.

You will have abandoned the Tao and lost what can be best in you. This will make you sadder then anything, and you will cry even worse. So my best advice for you is to go to the hospital and seek help.

"The Tao is not apart from virtue (Teh)

And virtue is not apart from the Tao."

Taoist Master Lui I-Ming

"Chop wood. Carry water." as the Zen Buddhists say, meaning take care of your basics like food and shelter, and consider the rest as the unnecessary gravy on top.

I hope this helps you align with the Tao,

Tao99

If someone is having problems, meditation would not be recommended! Other support is required.

ralis

The Buddha said that there is nothing outside of the all. The mind is also dependently originated. There is not a transcendent entity to take refuge in and if you take your own experience of mind as refuge, then you fall into the erroneous view of Eternalism.

You obviously don't understand what neither perception nor non-perception means. Think about it, or reflect upon it.

Mind does not transcend this state, only the realization of dependent origination does, because it reveals emptiness directly. Your mind is also empty of inherent nature, and the Buddhas say this over and over again. Emptiness means dependent origination.

The realization of dependent origination, don't need no stinkin' rug underneath this mind!

no self in cause and effect, kind of freedom. OK.

place, stretch that breathes, feeling; place, stretch that breathes, feeling. Thinking, place. Feeling.

Ugly duck, walking- wake up, wake up, go to sleep!

Edited by Mark Foote

You also are ruining the vibe here with your violent threats. Buddhism and Taoism are non-violent philosophies.
Not at all. Buddhism was founded upon the very precept that life is suffering.

By recognizing this so very painfully in his own life, SSW is actually on the very first step towards liberation from it...

But if Buddhists turn him away, then where else would he go find answers? Aren't these the exact people Buddhists should be helping?? To help stop him from taking more drastic actions?

Buddha's answer wasn't psychiatry, either. His answer was enlightenment.

The Four Noble Truths

1. Life means suffering.

2. The origin of suffering is attachment.

3. The cessation of suffering is attainable.

4. The path to the cessation of suffering.

Edited by vortex