3bob

Certain instances of Buddhist harping...

I have memories of Tibet as a Lama... I don't know what position I held but I was completely absorbed in the practice without the conditions for distraction that delude me here in the USA.

Ah, finally you admit you are deluded!!! :blink:

. :P ha ha jus pullin' yer leg, son

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

. :P ha ha jus pullin' yer leg jk jk

Edited by ralis

I just remembered that a reincarnate Lama is a Tulku. Should I comment further? Don't Tulku's usually have their own monastery?

Edited by ralis

Is your claim of a Lamaist past or any of your other past lives designed to lend credibility to your arguments? This is the reason, why you have trouble with those of us who critique your arguments. Now you have expanded into a Bodhisattva victim status here in the U.S.

Why not stop the pretense.

It is difficult to take you seriously.

Ralis, why do you care what his past is like? What if he was a God in his past life? How should it matter?

It's true that many people use such intimations to enhance their personal status and to lend more credence to what they're saying. However, as long as we all know that the imagery of the past is playful and empty, why do we still need to curb it?

There would be a problem if Vajra was denying you your "high" memories while simultaneously asserting his own "high" memories. I don't think he's doing that. It would also be a problem if Vajra said something like, "Because I have more past memories than you, I am better than you, so you should listen to me and not the other way around." I don't think he's saying that.

When I hear Vajra talk about his past lives, it doesn't bother me. I can neither prove or disprove any of it, and it all sounds to me like music that's occurring to a deaf man.

Anyway, the past memories don't make one special or better, even if your past memory is of being a 5th Dalai Lama. You can still be a moron. Also, because identities are empty, it's very possible for multiple people to have the same past life memory. In other words, it's very easily possible for one Dalai Lama to have 1 million reincarnations. This certainly takes the shine off it, doesn't it? When the commodity is no longer scarce, the price drops.

Edited by goldisheavy

Thanks for showing me my faults Cat, without resorting to a negative comment. I like the way you did that.

I need to practice a bit more restraint.

I've still got some work to do unfortunately.

Best wishes

Thanks for showing me my faults Cat, without resorting to a negative comment. I like the way you did that.

I need to practice a bit more restraint.

I've still got some work to do unfortunately.

Best wishes

images-2.jpg

We help each other do the work, you helped me too. Thankyou.

Is your claim of a Lamaist past or any of your other past lives designed to lend credibility to your arguments? This is the reason, why you have trouble with those of us who critique your arguments. Now you have expanded into a Bodhisattva victim status here in the U.S.

Why not stop the pretense.

It is difficult to take you seriously.

The rock says to the water.

I just remembered that a reincarnate Lama is a Tulku. Should I comment further? Don't Tulku's usually have their own monastery?

No, tulku just means re-incarnate lama, not necessarily a Rinpoche, or even highly enlightened being. So, a lama or even low level bodhisattva can re-incarnate without having full power or control into conditions reflective of negative karmas not fully worked out. These conditions could be reflective of even older past lives that did not have the secondary conditions to arise in a subsequent more enlightened lifetime with secondary conditions to manifest those more enlightened tendencies latent in the unconscious or alayavijnana of an individual.

I was basically just admitting that I was more enlightened in my past life than I am in this life. Showing that progression is not linear and is full of peeks and valley's that extend into past lives, even eons. The fact of my more enlightened state of mind in my last life was due to causes and conditions both reflected internally and externally as my environment, as they are inter-dependent.

Ye of little faith in your own Rinpoche you claim to be a student of? You have revealed none of the qualities of having experienced even a touch of Rigpa.

You are just too mean! As well as reductionistic in a deeply negative and pessimistic way towards all the things that ChNNR believes and experiences to be true with the aim of complete eradication.

p.s. My memory of my immediate past life as a Lama is reflected in this life. Chinese stepmom, of very overbearing nature, indoctrinating in a volatile and totalitarian way... at first... as our relationship has changed over the years. My birth into a spiritual tradition that teaches one of the fastest ways to perfect or experience the 4 immeasurables (devotional non-dual theism with deep and influenced ties with Buddhism). The 4 immeasurables being the pre-requisite for having any sort of depth in penetrating and experiential insight into dependent origination/emptiness. Also the speed in which all this Vajrayana information came to me in a very lucid and visceral series of meditation experiences, lucid dreams, etc., etc., including fast access to information that was so easy to understand in a direct way which many people seem to find difficult, including you. You mostly revert to scar tissue left over from your angst towards Christianity when it comes to not understanding Vajrayana or Tibetan Buddhism.

Oh yes... another. I also have a memory from much earlier on of being Chinese, and having killed someone out of intense jealousy and rage. Both people part of this triangle I met recently in NYC, with some of the feelings still involved with much of the same outcome, except the murder part. I was thankfully too deeply involved and committed to positive transformation to enact any such residual feelings in this lifetime. Anyway... that's not very enlightened of me and not very self aggrandizing of me to share. I also remember being a stork, triceratops and a saber-toothed tiger. Also I remember being in a space ship, making and disposing of work clones... long before this galaxy ever took birth. The progression of an individuals mind stream towards ultimate Buddhahood is generally very staggered, and filled with complex variations of karmic manifestations. Nothing is as simple or as dismissive as you always attempt to make them seem.

Everything of the past is revealed clearly by understanding the now, and vice versa.... if necessary.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Ralis, why do you care what his past is like? What if he was a God in his past life? How should it matter?

It's true that many people use such intimations to enhance their personal status and to lend more credence to what they're saying. However, as long as we all know that the imagery of the past is playful and empty, why do we still need to curb it?

There would be a problem if Vajra was denying you your "high" memories while simultaneously asserting his own "high" memories. I don't think he's doing that. It would also be a problem if Vajra said something like, "Because I have more past memories than you, I am better than you, so you should listen to me and not the other way around." I don't think he's saying that.

When I hear Vajra talk about his past lives, it doesn't bother me. I can neither prove or disprove any of it, and it all sounds to me like music that's occurring to a deaf man.

Anyway, the past memories don't make one special or better, even if your past memory is of being a 5th Dalai Lama. You can still be a moron. Also, because identities are empty, it's very possible for multiple people to have the same past life memory. In other words, it's very easily possible for one Dalai Lama to have 1 million reincarnations. This certainly takes the shine off it, doesn't it? When the commodity is no longer scarce, the price drops.

Thumbs up insight! Your language here also very cleverly plays the middle ground politically, without revealing any sort of possible support for my possibly neurotic, subconscious reasons for sharing such a powerful experience as a direct review of a past life on a public forum. :lol:

Edited by Vajrahridaya

images-2.jpg

We help each other do the work, you helped me too. Thankyou.

Wow, what a sweet and humble exchange! :blush: I'm happy my ostentatiousness could amount to some positive outcome! :lol:

• Like 1

. :P ha ha jus pullin' yer leg, son

Consider the leg pulled as well as the possibility of the noxious fumes of egotistical reactions.... abated! :lol:

[quote name='Vajrahridaya' date='20 December 2010 - 01:22 AM' timestamp='1292836979'

Ye of little faith in your own Rinpoche you claim to be a student of? You have revealed none of the qualities of having experienced even a touch of Rigpa.

You are just too mean! As well as reductionistic in a deeply negative and pessimistic way towards all the things that ChNNR believes and experiences to be true with the aim of complete eradication.

Edited by ralis

Why do you drag Norbu into this debate? I know you see him as a father figure. However, you have turned this into some 3rd. grade argument of your daddy is better than my daddy. Grow up!

Thumbs up insight! Your language here also very cleverly plays the middle ground politically, without revealing any sort of possible support for my possibly neurotic, subconscious reasons for sharing such a powerful experience as a direct review of a past life on a public forum. :lol:

Yes, exactly. :) You admit that memory is empty, right? When it comes to memory, I just take your word for it. To me, it's perfectly OK whatever your past memory is like because you're you now, and the you that you are now is OK for me regardless of your past memories. My wife seems to remember a couple of interesting past lives too. So if this sort of thing bothered me, I'd have divorced long time ago. I don't have any fancy memories myself. If anything, I think I have some vague impressions of being a dog in my past life. :) But it's far too vague for me to be certain. What I am certain about, is my early life memories in this life. I was aware and remembering things from age 2 and I have one memory of lying in the crib even before 2, looking up at the sky.

When it comes to your memories Vajra, were you always aware of them, or is it something that showed up after some practice?

I think being able to remember past any lives is a good thing because it demonstrates in a personal way that birth and death are illusions.

Yes, exactly. :) You admit that memory is empty, right? When it comes to memory, I just take your word for it. To me, it's perfectly OK whatever your past memory is like because you're you now, and the you that you are now is OK for me regardless of your past memories. My wife seems to remember a couple of interesting past lives too. So if this sort of thing bothered me, I'd have divorced long time ago. I don't have any fancy memories myself. If anything, I think I have some vague impressions of being a dog in my past life. :) But it's far too vague for me to be certain. What I am certain about, is my early life memories in this life. I was aware and remembering things from age 2 and I have one memory of lying in the crib even before 2, looking up at the sky.

When it comes to your memories Vajra, were you always aware of them, or is it something that showed up after some practice?

I think being able to remember past any lives is a good thing because it demonstrates in a personal way that birth and death are illusions.

GIH is using smiley faces in a post? Wow, Santa must be watching who's naughty or nice, for sure... :P

There were natural tendencies for spontaneous meditation and compassion that was not "normal" in my new environment in chicano land New Mexico or inner city San Francisco.... or inner city NYC for that matter.

Your use of the term chicano is considered by many in this state as offensive. I suppose you feel the same way about the native population here in NM.

Edited by ralis

Why do you drag Norbu into this debate? I know you see him as a father figure. However, you have turned this into some 3rd. grade argument of your daddy is better than my daddy. Grow up!

:lol:

You have fun with your projections now... ya hear?

:blush:

I really do wish you well ralis.

Hi GIH,

I agree, it reveals how the illusion of solidity is merely that. It grants a deeper sense of life's transparency as well as it's clear and inter-connected, uninterruptedness.

These experiences only occurred through intense practice, at first... then they started happening spontaneously as I contemplated my own states of mind, both high and low with open and detached investigation, generally through a process of letting go or fire burning. Sometimes I would spontaneously fall into a state of meditation, anywhere... maybe Barns & Noble on Broadway on the UWS and have a clear vision or complete re-experiencing of a circumstance that unraveled the mystery of a particularly extreme knot of some sort in my subconscious... loosening attachment to it's arising.

For those without these direct re-experiencings', where it's more like time travel than the common memory... it's easy to try to encapsulate them into an intellectual dismissal to give truth to ones own lack of this type of perception. I truly appreciate your wisdom in not reacting in this way. It reveals a sense of openness that is generally uncommon (as in general society), as you probably are already aware. Which is why your wife probably digs ya man!

;)

Your use of the term chicano is considered by many in this state as offensive. I suppose you feel the same way about the native population here in NM.

Seriously holms, your loco. I'm from the barrio esse... Mission St. Nortenio side in San Francisco and Ecelsior St. Mob neighborhood, as well as what used to be the slums of El Rancho near Pojoaque before they turned the old saggy roofed adobe houses into cookie cut houses for rich vacationers and paved the roads, back when the closest store were liquor stores, and when we used to burn our trash in the middle of the compound (80's) and the chicanos would role down the st. shooting up the area or crashing into your house, drunk, as well as West San Francisco St. projects in Santa Fe across from De Vargas Mall on the heaven and hell tunnels in the arroyo side. I used to try to sleep to the Lota Burger intercom saying, "number 44, your orders ready" in that typical New Mexican accent. :wub:

So, for the Chicanos... it's not offensive. I'm an honorary wero chicano, vato.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah, just some joking around from my past. The vast majority of my friends were Mexican during the years of 1st through high school and I even still have a tinge of my earlier influence which shows up in my accent, which is kind of a cross between New Yorker and Barrio Mexicano.

Ala Verga Holms... go drink a cervesa and chill out broe!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Vajrahridaya

GIH is using smiley faces in a post? Wow, Santa must be watching who's naughty or nice, for sure... :P

He's just speaking to me in my own language. :lol:

Seriously holms, your loco. I'm from the barrio esse... Mission St. Nortenio side in San Francisco and Ecelsior St. Mob neighborhood, as well as what used to be the slums of El Rancho near Pojoaque before they turned the old saggy roofed adobe houses into cookie cut houses for rich vacationers and paved the roads, back when the closest store were liquor stores, and when we used to burn our trash in the middle of the compound (80's) and the chicanos would role down the st. shooting up the area or crashing into your house, drunk, as well as West San Francisco St. projects in Santa Fe across from De Vargas Mall on the heaven and hell tunnels in the arroyo side. I used to try to sleep to the Lota Burger intercom saying, "number 44, your orders ready" in that typical New Mexican accent. :wub:

You are exaggerating about some of this. :lol: I used to live off W. San Francisco St. in the 80's. You were probably my neighbor. :lol: There were no drive by shootings since the gangs were broken up and the gang leaders were put away in the state pen.

No, not in that area. I was talking about El Rancho. Where my dog was shot dead by one of those drive by shootings, and where one night a drunk native drove into the back of our house, causing lots of damage. These shootings in El Rancho are not gang related, just drinking and guns related. Most of the Mexicans in El Rancho at that time were all hunter types, including most of my friends fathers, either that or war vets. I grew up in that area shooting all sorts of guns... at cans of course.

So, no, not exaggerating. Also that area on Duran St. in Santa Fe during the early 90's and surrounding projects and houses had tons of house robberies, one week there were over 30 house robberies reported in that area. If it wasn't for our dog at that time, our house would have been robbed, as we heard them trying to break in on more than one occasion. Plus... the gangs did not get broken up, come on! They were still dealing crack and mota in the projects off of West San Francisco St. Don't believe the hype, ever! Like when they said that the bloods and crips called a truce in South Central, LA. :lol: Gangs can't get broken up without removing the desperation and poverty, as well as the spiritual emptiness prevalent in such areas. The West Side Locos and East Side Locos are still doing there thing. Not so bad in Santa Fe though, not nearly that bad actually compared to places I lived in San Francisco, Oakland or NY. Santa Fe is quite tame. Though, when I lived on Airport Rd, in a warehouse, where we used to throw huge parties around 94' to 95'. We used to get invaded by the gangs in the nearby area, and they'd start huge fights that ended up with lots of severe injuries, including kids taking apart the fence outside and whacking each other with the parts. Not very good, so we only threw 2 of these parties as both ended up the same way.

Still... yes, Santa Fe is quite tame. But, you can throw a Gang Leader in jail but not his connections to the outside world and his homies. It's just the reality of the thing. Having a mob boss in jail doesn't stop the mob.

Edited by Vajrahridaya