effilang

What does your Qi feel like?

buzzing, static, magnetic spheres and small moving magnetic fields, shells around certain body parts, puffiness in the skin, clouds flowing over the skin, water flowing under the skin, wind flowing into and out of the hands come to mind...

• Like 1

I'm not sure how to distinguish between yang, yin and yuan chi, but to me it feels like the force of life itself is running through me. A pleasant, warm, constant river of life-force.

I feel a lot of magnetic sensations. Not just the drawing, but also the repulsing aspect of magnetism. In fact, I think I feel that subtle repulsing (like the parallel poles of two magnets are being brought into proximity to one another) more often than the drawing or sucking sensation.

I also shake and vibrate a lot when I'm meditating. And I sometimes feel tingling. I don't really feel much temperature fluctuation, but I've had several people tell me I'm very hot. My acupuncturist says I have excessive upper body heat, which I believe is a deviation related to the liver.

Edit: I also sometimes feel a build up of pressure in certain parts of my body. I once thought that was related to qi blockages, but I'm not really sure.

Edited by Green Tiger

I was giving a chi session to a friend yesterday. My hands started feel like a heater....very warm.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

When I take a deep breath, I felt very strong and energetic which is yang. When I exhale, I felt very weak which is Yin.

Despite what some say, I can differentiate between yin and yang.

I can feel it.

Perhaps the energy you call yin does exist and you do feel it, what it is I can't say.

What I do know though, is that the energy of the school I study and is called yin cannot be felt by a normal human mind, until yin and yang are brought together.

Even if an insanely large amount was pushed into your body by force, the most you would feel would be a feeling of fullness, like your bladder was being squeezed, no rush of cold, no magnetic feelings, etc.

It's an energy completely unknown and imperceptible to normal human minds.

• Like 1

Perhaps the energy you call yin does exist and you do feel it, what it is I can't say.

What I do know though, is that the energy of the school I study and is called yin cannot be felt by a normal human mind, until yin and yang are brought together.

Even if an insanely large amount was pushed into your body by force, the most you would feel would be a feeling of fullness, like your bladder was being squeezed, no rush of cold, no magnetic feelings, etc.

I'm curious about that

maybe the yin I feel is a precursor to pure yin, which can't be felt...?

though I doubt what I just said made any sense lol

Are there any descriptions anywhere of what Yin chi feels like to someone who's undergone the yin/yang merger?

Are there any descriptions anywhere of what Yin chi feels like to someone who's undergone the yin/yang merger?

Primordial Wuji Qigong - basic stuff

• Like 1

Ahh well. I know I should avoid trying to make comparisons between the energies involved in different systems, but I just can't help myself from trying to put together some 'grand unifying model' of energetics every time this kind of discussion comes up. Logically there has to be a way to fit it all together, but even if there is I guess I'm nowhere near experienced enough to do it :/ Especially since so little is known about the underlying mechanics of a lot of systems, which makes them effectively impossible to compare.

I still think (tying back to the original yin chi discussion) that there's a remarkable similarity between the description of yin/yang chi in the Magus of Java and the hermetic description of the magnetic/electric fluids within IIH. Whether they're actually the same energy is effectively impossible to establish, but it seems likely that they are at least incredibly similar - right down to the specifics of their experiences and effects, not to mention philosophically (although the differences in the method by which they are accessed/accumulated/utilized are substantial).

Primordial Wuji Qigong - basic stuff

First thing that comes to mind is:

“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.” -Genesis 1:1-9

Edited by Aeran

Despite what some say, I can differentiate between yin and yang.

I can feel it.

My tantiens are all condensed, and very workable.

I don't like to toot my own horn, but the abilities I have developed over the years make most siddhis discussed here seem second rate.

Dude, you can't just walk in here and think you can brag about your siddhis without giving any evidence.

That is, if you don't want to lose all of your credibility.

Dude, you can't just walk in here and think you can brag about your siddhis without giving any evidence.

That is, if you don't want to lose all of your credibility.

I don't have any credibility lolol

• Like 2

With CGI and all that stuff- it's impossible to ever prove anything to anyone online.

Unless you were standing next to me, it is just impossible.

I wouldn't believe anyone.

I am extremely cynical.

People who randomly believe, because they want to believe, are naive. Those are the suckers who bleed $$$

I wrote this:

Sufi P.T. Barnum said it best

http://thetaobums.com/topic/30832-sufi-pt-barnum-said-it-best/

• Like 1