Ya Mu

Gulf Oil Spill & Continuous Outpour

" Simmons's current warning about the situation focuses on the gigantic "lake" of crude oil that is pooling under great pressure 4000 to 5000 feet down in the "basement" of the Gulf's waters."

How exactly would oil pool underneath water? Dont it float?

It used to be under the ocean floor, not directly under water, but BP drilled into that, according to Simmons. But in any event, crude oil is composed of many fractions, from volatile gases lighter than air to concentrate that is heavier than water.

As fas as I know, crude oil can somehow mix with water, become a kind of emulsion that is not easily separated again.

Now that heart frequency stuff from Emoto could be helpful. That was shown to make water 'reject' certain substances.

Thanks for your interest! I'm looking forward to being a regular attendant at the Toronto Dzogchen center.

Oh great! Then you can preach the gospel of the Buddha! :lol:

ralis

Thanks for your interest! I'm looking forward to being a regular attendant at the Toronto Dzogchen center.
But why preach to the choir?

Perhaps you should seek a position at a local Taoist temple.. :P

As fas as I know, crude oil can somehow mix with water, become a kind of emulsion that is not easily separated again.

Now that heart frequency stuff from Emoto could be helpful. That was shown to make water 'reject' certain substances.

If you've ever looked at Emoto's stuff closely, it's really bad "science". It's actually not science at all, and I look at it in a very suspect way.

Oil and water don't mix! What BP has done is use a dispersant to cause the oil to form large plumes beneath the surface where detection is almost impossible. Therefor, making it difficult to determine fines. Fines are imposed at 4300.00/ barrel.

http://www.scienceprojectideas.co.uk/why-oil-water-dont-mix.html

ralis

Edited by ralis

A very important interview with an EPA whistle blower.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4472213

ralis

Although I know that this whole thing will not see justice, here's an idea:

Just calculate the fines adding the amount of dispersant used to the amount of oil spilled.

By the way... I wonder whether this event could be the new 9/11 for raising eagerness in some circles for finally taking that much-desired oil from Iran by force.

Another thing that is not reasonable: When oil is used and/or made inaccessible by war, fuel prices rise. Now that sanctions limit the sale of fuel to Iran, there must be more available for us. Those fuel prices should go down for us! (But of course, modern economy doesn't work that way. When demand rises, prices rise. When demand drops, prices rise. And occasionally they drop a bit for a short time to keep up the illusion.)

Here's a fun idea: Won't the hydrocarbons (oil) eventually be converted by microorganisms? I guess in that biological process huge amounts of carbon dioxide will be generated. Tax BP for the CO2 emissions from the spilled oil! :lol:

Edited by Hardyg

But don't think this is in any way courageous or original. It is just one alternative of playing a role in a game whose outcome is planned in advance.

Instead of taking a stand AGAINST something, like fossil fuels, those 'leaders' and 'best-selling people' ;) should take a stand FOR suppressed energy technologies (gravity, magnetic flux, zero-point etc.). That would cause a stir. But they, too, very likely have no clue about their very existence.

Edited by Hardyg

Makes me wonder how companies like BP should ever be truly held responsible. Either never, or they have to cause so much of a mess that people just can't stand it anymore.

I guess the former, because corruption has always existed and would not, if people wouldn't tolerate it.

You know... suppose a disaster like this oil spill would now happen to TWO other oil rigs, in the same magnitude. Do you really think this would ruin a global corporation like BP? They could probably poison all the water on this planet and still make a profit.

Who's to blame? I'd say all the people who allowed it to happen. Which very likely are - directly or indirectly - many millions if not billions.

If the supervision is proper, it'll be alright. What else could be done? I don't think submarine examination of the evidence would be difficult.

"In other developments Friday, BP said it might drill again someday into the same undersea reservoir of oil, which is still believed to hold nearly $4 billion worth of crude. That prospect is unlikely to sit well with Gulf Coast residents furious at the oil giant."

Here's potential for a nice psychological penalty: That BP may never exploit the rest of the oil in that reservoir. That this reservoir will be prohibited from exploitation from anyone. That they have to sit by and watch their precious dollars being idle there. Maybe this could be done under some sort of memorial regulations.

By the way, Matt Simmons was found dead last week. At first they reported "drowning," then "heart attack," then "drowning in his bath tub." Happens a lot to people who make waves... they drown. Or otherwise succumb to a sudden death following a failure to cure them of whistleblowing.

US & Great Britain are allies. If BP were to take the full hit for damage done, it would very significantly injure the British economy, which would have repercussions in the European and world economies. Obviously no one is letting that happen.

US & Great Britain are allies. If BP were to take the full hit for damage done, it would very significantly injure the British economy, which would have repercussions in the European and world economies. Obviously no one is letting that happen.

Allies... You mean puppets on the same string? Absolutely. The puppeteer can make it appear that the puppets are fighting. The show must go on...