Ya Mu

Stillness-Movement Qigong & Qi Projection

You know, it seems to me that these type of practices, at least the real varieties, are few and far between. I remember the very first NQA conference I taught at. Here you had practitioners of just about every variety of qigong that exists, but the majority of folks had a difficult time letting or allowing; most want to do. In other words, the systems than the majority practiced were mostly based on 1) Jumping up and down purposefully shaking the body 2) purposefully moving the body 3) purposefully using breath control and 4) brain/mind based visualization.

I have found that being can be far more powerful. Allowing can be the peak performance. Non-interaction with brain/mind can allow (full not partial) interaction with that which can't be named but can only be talked around and never fully described. In other words I have found this method to be far more powerful. And of course if I say this it will quickly be pointed out to me that I teach a movement system. But the movement system I teach is derived from the advanced practices of the Stillness-Movement. A lot of systems can work in that it all comes down to fully awakening to who we really are. But there is the matter of efficiency.

I agree that the Heart is a key. Re-watch the video and you will see that I worked extensively on Heart. Some of that you can't actually see (as in looking) because the camera was not showing the final piece of that but if you watch again I think (you, probably not everyone) can SEE this. Of course, this particular student DID attend with a completely open, empty cup perspective, which helped the whole process immensely. I ALWAYS work with Heart extensively.

I never say anything I can't back up.

It could boil down to definitions. For example what the other two above were saying about "cutting off the head" sounds like the same thing and I think it is the same thing, but I can't say for sure, because it certainly is possible it isn't. So if your definition does not coincide with mine you will be disappointed. If your definition does coincide then you would be ecstatic. All I can say is that most can feel when I do this. It leads to dampening of brain waves and a sense of timelessness & dimensionality for the students; for them everything all of a sudden gets stiller than still. I did say sometimes this process takes multiple workshops.

Reconcile path? Difficult, eh? I agree.

Of course I, as many folks who were seekers and practitioners when Castaneda wrote his books, were heavily influenced by his words and descriptions. But I had already started having dreamtime experiences and eventually, even though a lot of the pathway described coincided with my own, I came to different conclusions about the finality of existence. If you have read my book I am sure you will recognize this difference of conclusions. I am not sure that Castaneda did not take great literary license. I sure am grateful that he stimulated so many people to seek beyond the mundane.

I have had the same problem as you in that one path says one thing and another path says another. I think it boils down to personal experience and our interpretations of that experience. A lot of my Taoist training is oh-so-different than what most describe on this forum. I do feel that we have to practice the warrior's path, as anything else is not being true to ourselves. I also think that quite a lot of what is written about Taoism is not the real Taoism. It appears there is a vast difference in the scholarly versus the hand-me-down oral tradition. All that said, I also think that these paths eventually blend into one. I know that for me my Taoist training, shaman/medicine man training, and yes, even the intense stimulation from reading, studying and practicing from Castaneda's works, all combine into one whole.

Little1, If you ever wish to attend one of my workshops you can do so, I would be glad to see you. Then afterwards decide for yourself if you wish to pay my fee.

I don't have all the answers, but I firmly believe that the real YOU does have the answers needed NOW.

Carlos was good at the time, sad to think his teaching went up in smoke. Cloudhand

I will defer to others about the terms kundalini and shaktipat. These terms are not usually in my vocabulary.

To your question, everyone moves differently although there are common type of movements. Yes, sensitivity to qi does mean quite a lot. After a person has practiced stillness-movement they do become more sensitive. They may move just a little in the first workshop then a whole lot in the 2nd.

I manipulate creative energies of different High Level vibrations; it depends on which task I am attempting to do. In other words, if I am attempting to stop a heart attack it will be different vibrations than "lighting the fire".

With all due respect to all the books and teachings that will attempt to tell you all is known about energetics, the fact is that what we know (linearly, brain wise) is in it's infancy. All attempts to describe it are total runarounds in that they never describe the real thing. When we do a healing (and I use we as in the method I teach) it is a quantum level event that really can not be explained linearly. Nor the projection on the video. It is NOT simple "throw qi at the student" which I have seen done many times and had done to me several times. I guess this sort of thing can help but it is not what I do. Nor do I use the mind or brain in any way in terms of the energy manipulation itself.

You asked how much it helps a student. This is an "awakening" type of energetic intervention. It helps tremendously in that in addition to all the things I have already mentioned in this thread (opens the channels, opens and balances the energy centers, removes energy stagnations) the student's basic awareness shifts through the raising of the energy body's vibration. It makes it much easier for them to touch vibrational patterns that were previously out of reach. In other words, their qigong becomes much more powerful each time they undergo this. This translates to what I am teaching as the student has much better efficacy at healing others.

I agree with this summation. The more you do the better one gets like in any activity. The more one is exposed or immersed in a chi gung or kundalini field the more it accelerates the process of the student's development.

I think it is important to note that we as human beings are designed for this activity. The body likes energy cultivation regardless if it's chi or kundalini. What is happening is the practice harmonzies the body's energies which makes the body healthier. Living a life on this planet under most circumstances creates disharmony of energetic flow. Because it is so prevalent people think that disharmony is normal and harmony is bizarre and unscientific.

I have seen in my experience that those who have an authentic internal cultivation program like yoga or chi gong, the kundalini process takes hold much faster and deeper. The channels are cleared and primed for handling higher, more concentrated flow of energy. The potential of kundalini syndrome is lessened due to these practices.

I once was describing my kundalini awakening experience to a Hsing-I master. He said if I had been a student of a traditional chinese master I would have caused my teacher to lose face because my awakening was so out of control and dramatic. I asked him how long does it take for a kundalini awakening to happen in a chinese system. He said the process takes 3 years and avoids all the drama of an awakening of my type.

I was speaking to a yoga master about how long it takes with practice he also said 3 years.

The 3 years seems to be for to make the awakening slow and controlled with the least amount of drama and upheaval as possible.

:)

Aw rats;-) I will have to concede that Susan has it;-)

Thank you for the pdf. The clearer these things can get the better IMO. I'm only half kidding. :ninja:

I agree with this summation. The more you do the better one gets like in any activity. The more one is exposed or immersed in a chi gung or kundalini field the more it accelerates the process of the student's development.

I think it is important to note that we as human beings are designed for this activity. The body likes energy cultivation regardless if it's chi or kundalini. What is happening is the practice harmonzies the body's energies which makes the body healthier. Living a life on this planet under most circumstances creates disharmony of energetic flow. Because it is so prevalent people think that disharmony is normal and harmony is bizarre and unscientific.

I have seen in my experience that those who have an authentic internal cultivation program like yoga or chi gong, the kundalini process takes hold much faster and deeper. The channels are cleared and primed for handling higher, more concentrated flow of energy. The potential of kundalini syndrome is lessened due to these practices.

I once was describing my kundalini awakening experience to a Hsing-I master. He said if I had been a student of a traditional chinese master I would have caused my teacher to lose face because my awakening was so out of control and dramatic. I asked him how long does it take for a kundalini awakening to happen in a chinese system. He said the process takes 3 years and avoids all the drama of an awakening of my type.

I was speaking to a yoga master about how long it takes with practice he also said 3 years.

The 3 years seems to be for to make the awakening slow and controlled with the least amount of drama and upheaval as possible.

:)

Yes, a natural unfolding is IMO better and less traumatizing. Step by step.

A rock song we wrote in the 80's:

Breaking Through the Barriers,

Step by Step,

Make it to the Inner Court,

There the Secret is Kept,

Turn to See You're Surrounded,

A Blinding Light is Seen,

Open Your Eyes and Realize,

This Is Not A Dream

"Did you notice the multiple sine waves and harmonics, then the dampening?"

Can't say that I did :lol:

OK I finally took the time to look at it. Not the only one but notice sine wave at .39 / .40 /.41

'STOPPING' THE WORLD - is 'stopping' yourself

Yes, this absolutely does happen with Stopping the World.

I did the same thing in a sleep lab.

With proper technique this can be briefly done for another person. And yes, we have measured this happening too, although not in sleep lab but using a laptop and instrumentation - kind of like what is seem in the vid above.

While in Indiana at our May 22nd/23rd workshop, after class several of us are going to go here and do qigong amidst them. Cool, huh?

Also, Saturday after class we have special reservations for seafood cooked by a chef named "Qi". And Sunday after class we have reservations for a classical Peking Duck dinner.

Yes, you got me, I only go to these events for the food and experiences.

Real cool stuff. I'm very committed to my energetic practices already but it's nice to see other people strutting their stuff: quite inspiring. :)

I'm mobile : unable to watch the video: who did the transmission?

This was a moment caught in one of my workshops. The vid shows me projecting awakening qi to a talented student during the workshop.

That was very interesting to watch. Does that happen like that to everyone? I've never been a workshop person myself, I wonder just how much this helps a student and if this is similar to 'shaktipat'. I have a serious question regarding the type of energy this is. There are many energies and 'vibrations'. So question to Ya Mu, what type of energy is this? Once the 'fire' has been ignited in the student, I would imagine the law of attraction takes effect and attracts more of the same (with practice).

I would also like to pose this (similar) question to Vajrasattva and perhaps April and ShaktiMamma or anyone with a fully risen Kundalini that can 'see'. Is this Kundalini Shakti? looking at the the movements and energy it seems to be very much waves and spirals. In your experienced opinions, would you say this student has and awakened Kundalini?

It might be that not just Kundalini causes spontaneous movements or kriyas. I have read some of the Kunlun crowd talking about how that energy is not Kundalini. How true that is I'm not sure. That's why in this instance it would be excellent as we have a video example. So someone (not just Ya Mu) who has experience with different energies and might be able to actually 'see' auras etc. What do you 'see'

Thanks for sharing this Ya Mu.

Biff the shen transmission is felt like a laser -- it's usually transmitted by the third eye -- so when there's a shen transmission the healer is seeing INSIDE the person's body and transmits a laser energy to the particular part of the body where the energy blockage is.

The qi transmission is felt like an electromagnetic force that is applied externally to the body and then works its way into the blockages.

Then the jing transmission feels like an electrochemical buzzing sensation -- a strong tingling that has an electrical and emotional release -- and this buzzing then creates strong heat.

So these levels of energy are all connected so that a healer transmits qi but it can have various different amounts of the shen, qi or jing energy. The emptiness is what connects the various levels of energy -- so that the healer and the healing are interwoven like a holograph.

Biff the shen transmission is felt like a laser -- it's usually transmitted by the third eye -- so when there's a shen transmission the healer is seeing INSIDE the person's body and transmits a laser energy to the particular part of the body where the energy blockage is.

The qi transmission is felt like an electromagnetic force that is applied externally to the body and then works its way into the blockages.

Then the jing transmission feels like an electrochemical buzzing sensation -- a strong tingling that has an electrical and emotional release -- and this buzzing then creates strong heat.

So these levels of energy are all connected so that a healer transmits qi but it can have various different amounts of the shen, qi or jing energy. The emptiness is what connects the various levels of energy -- so that the healer and the healing are interwoven like a holograph.

Interesting descriptions...thanks!

I have also come from a background in Shamanism, I took the first course of the Four Winds Society. The concept of "stopping time" is described in the Q'ero shaman lineage as "infinity" or experiencing infinity.

Now this is all fancy and sounds nice, and stopping all brainwaves is a beautiful scientific explanation of. It all makes sense.

Also I will be looking into your book and hopefully your upcoming workshop, I actually during an intense experience with someone working on them (not having any training or was even intending to work with this concept of infintiy) had them describe it as "all time and no time" or something, but I believe it was this that they experienced! Sharing the taste of infinity with the world, I believe that is path worth walking all the way to the end ;)

• Like 2

I have also come from a background in Shamanism, I took the first course of the Four Winds Society. The concept of "stopping time" is described in the Q'ero shaman lineage as "infinity" or experiencing infinity.

Now this is all fancy and sounds nice, and stopping all brainwaves is a beautiful scientific explanation of. It all makes sense.

Also I will be looking into your book and hopefully your upcoming workshop, I actually during an intense experience with someone working on them (not having any training or was even intending to work with this concept of infintiy) had them describe it as "all time and no time" or something, but I believe it was this that they experienced! Sharing the taste of infinity with the world, I believe that is path worth walking all the way to the end ;)

Yes, "stopping the world", 'infinity", "no time", "ultimate Stillness". This is what our system is based on. By operating from a totally different space, we become able to tap in to the basic creative energetics.

You would be welcome in the August Terre Haute workshop and indeed I sense that it would be "like coming home" for you.

If you are going to attend do register soon as there are a limited number of positions available.

• Like 3

I'm still tentatively moving toward your workshop, even for as simple reasons as the names "Stillness-Movement"  "Gift of Tao" and "Taoist Medicine" resonates with me (what better way to choose a path, amirite d<_<) .

Really though, its just I got attuned to Reiki I, took the first class of the Four Winds for Shamanic Practitioner training, and I'm trying to commit to this path and go beyond the introduction. So you can see why I'm taking my time with this decision and asking the universe to send me signs that this is the modality I'm to work with (I've already gotten pretty clear ones that I should learn energy work of some kind, so now there's just finding one I stick with to a high level).

I listened to your interview today and I appreciate a lot of what you've said and how you recognize we can only 'talk around' the truth.

One thing that stood out that I'd like you to elaborate on is how you said we "store" energy in the LDT. I may be misunderstanding as I haven't felt my own LDT, the most I've felt qi flow through meridians and the spiraling of energy that occurred. Do you seek to cultivate and store qi and use it your own project your own personal qi (the qi you 'brought with you' for this incarnation) through this training?

Edited by Fate

I'm still tentatively moving toward your workshop, even for as simple reasons as the names "Stillness-Movement"  "Gift of Tao" and "Taoist Medicine" resonates with me (what better way to choose a path, amirite d<_<) .

Really though, its just I got attuned to Reiki I, took the first class of the Four Winds for Shamanic Practitioner training, and I'm trying to commit to this path and go beyond the introduction. So you can see why I'm taking my time with this decision and asking the universe to send me signs that this is the modality I'm to work with (I've already gotten pretty clear ones that I should learn energy work of some kind, so now there's just finding one I stick with to a high level).

I listened to your interview today and I appreciate a lot of what you've said and how you recognize we can only 'talk around' the truth.

One thing that stood out that I'd like you to elaborate on is how you said we "store" energy in the LDT. I may be misunderstanding as I haven't felt my own LDT, the most I've felt qi flow through meridians and the spiraling of energy that occurred. Do you seek to cultivate and store qi and use it your own project your own personal qi (the qi you 'brought with you' for this incarnation) through this training?

I am certainly not Ya Mu and I don't pretend to answer for him. If/when he responds to you directly (he doesn't spend a lot of time here), please replace anything I might say with what he says, OK?

That said, here's my current understanding...

There are lots of "models" or attempts at describing the LDT -- a "pill" or a "seed" or whatever. None of them are correct (that is the nature of a model) but most of them have value. The key is to not put too much emphasis on the strict validity of the model. Instead, if you need to do so, use the model(s) to help motivate you to actually do the work yourself and you will soon experience for yourself what cannot be explained in words.

To borrow from the Oglala Lakota medicine man Black Elk:

And while I stood there I saw more than I can tell and understood more than I saw; for I was seeing in a sacred manner the shapes of all things in the spirit...

So let me throw a model out there for your consideration, with the understanding that it is simplistic and inherently wrong. The so-called LDT is one of many energy-centers in and around the body. These energy-centers are sort of like batteries, sort of like portals, sort of like gateways. The LDT is, in a manner of speaking, a "central energy-center" -- a safely accessible one through which and into which the universal energy can flow and can be gathered. At first, there is nothing there -- or near enough to nothing that the distinction is trivial.

Over time, and with consistent practice, however, this energy-center begins to develop, to grow, to strengthen. One of the benefits of attending one of Michael's workshops is that he will project to you, transmit to you energetic information of a very pure and clean nature which will truly raise your own energy-body's vibrational frequency. You will, for a matter of days, experience a significant increase in your own potential and your LDT will be awakened and expanded in a fashion similar to some years of individual practice on your own. This is a gift, and what happens next depends entirely on you.

If you go home from the workshop and think that you are now a qigong master, this gift of increased frequency and awakened dan tien will fade away like nothing ever happened. You will not only forget the experience you had but you will quickly forget that you even had it.

If, on the other hand, you remain calm, conduct yourself as a good and moral person, and practice your qigong every day, you will probably lose some of that initial "boost" but you will quickly level out at a new baseline from which you will begin to rise, a baseline which begins with a functioning dan tien. This is the foundation.

As you continue to practice your qigong -- qigong meaning something along the lines of "the cultivation of life-energy requiring work over a period of time" -- you will continue to develop this energy-center. This energy-center is connected to all the others, is part of your energy-body, and is part of the universal energy of "that which is." (This is not some new-age "woo-woo" pseudo-spiritual babble, it is simply an attempt at describing something which can only be experienced.) If you want to think of the LDT as a battery, you could say that you are charging it up, and that the other energy-centers throughout your energy-body are all interconnected by "qi conductors."

As the LDT begins to "charge," the other energy-centers begin to awaken, too. As the LDT starts to overflow, the other energy-centers begin to charge. As you exercise these "qi conductors," they begin to expand and strengthen, becoming capable of flowing more "current" -- both inbound and outbound. The flow of qi through your entire energetic system as a result of consistently practicing your qigong burns through filters and dissolves energetic blockages established and developed throughout your lifetimes. Your entire perspective shifts and your view of reality, your understanding of the world around you, alters in subtle but profound ways.

You are not misunderstanding. You probably have not felt your own dan tien, and likely not any other aspect of your energy-body. In fact, you probably have an intellectual doubt that this is really anything more than metaphor. You might have felt the faintest trickle of energy flowing through you but likely no more than that. So far, anyhow...

Your last sentence -- "Do you seek to cultivate and store qi and use it your own project your own personal qi (the qi you 'brought with you' for this incarnation) through this training?" -- is too visualization-oriented, too mind-centered, too much focused on conscious intention. With the Stillness-Movement system (as with some other "high-level" energetic systems), you simply do the work and let the energy take care of itself.

As we say, "may the will of the Light be done."

Hope this helps!

Brian

PS, I would strongly encourage you to go to a workshop in person. I encourage you to learn the system's first qigong set (Gift of the Tao I) before the workshop if possible but I wouldn't tell you not attend just because you hadn't learned it yet. And I would urge you to practice the system for 100 days after the workshop and then decide whether the system is the right fit for you.

Oh! Forgot to add...

Don't try to analyze, don't try to rationalize, don't try to intellectualize, don't try to shape your personal energetic experiences to fit any literature or vice versa.

Before I respond to your post I want to come back to this topic and say that immediately after my last post I had the realization that "wow my ego sure is trying to find a way to find fault or resist this."

I went deeper down and realized that this is a wonderful opportunity that has lined up, and I'm going to follow through with it. Also Shamanic journeying is great way to tap into your inner voice for guidance ;)

Ok, thank you Brian. Your post definitely helps clarify somethings, and also 'illuminate' that my rational mind was working in overdrive trying to justify passing this chance up. Mostly my nitpicking was aimed at the "storing" word, because I felt more that cultivation was about becoming a "vessel" for the Tao to flow through, not to store up. Ironically in trying to avoid any practice that would "store power" so as to not get caught in a power-trip ego, my ego tried to justify not entering into a practice that would allow the energy to flow through me more powerfully.

I'll definitely commit to practicing the system for 100 days.  I figure I'll get the DVD now so that I don't have to focus on absorbing the actual moves except for fine-tuning, and can experience the energy field usually generated at these workshops by all the cultivators more fully.

• Like 2

Yes, really all models go out the window but can sometimes be useful for helping us wrap our head around something - but better to RAP our heads with non-linearity so as to get the mind out of the way.

Storage is a simple way of looking at it and is really incorrect as a totality because even though we do "store" to a certain extent, that is almost a side-effect. Raising the energy body vibration is key and dan tian acts as "place of energy transmutation". With the practice, SEEers see dan tian getting brighter and brighter, and denser and denser. Eventually, the energy rises up through the body and opens up each energy center in a natural, "when it is time" manner and at the same time our energy body vibration rises to a level of Light; this happens when the energy centers all activate, open & balance and the energy pops out the top of our head linking us to pure Light.

But even this is nothing but meaningless words, as one does not need to dwell, study, or know any of this - the practice itself takes care of it and the process itself is really non-linear even though I just attempted to describe a linear process. Words suk - DOing and BEing are better.

I saw you now at the workshop a couple of weeks ago in the future. 

• Like 1

I am certainly not Ya Mu and I don't pretend to answer for him. If/when he responds to you directly (he doesn't spend a lot of time here), please replace anything I might say with what he says, OK?

That said, here's my current understanding...

There are lots of "models" or attempts at describing the LDT -- a "pill" or a "seed" or whatever. None of them are correct (that is the nature of a model) but most of them have value. The key is to not put too much emphasis on the strict validity of the model. Instead, if you need to do so, use the model(s) to help motivate you to actually do the work yourself and you will soon experience for yourself what cannot be explained in words.

To borrow from the Oglala Lakota medicine man Black Elk:

So let me throw a model out there for your consideration, with the understanding that it is simplistic and inherently wrong. The so-called LDT is one of many energy-centers in and around the body. These energy-centers are sort of like batteries, sort of like portals, sort of like gateways. The LDT is, in a manner of speaking, a "central energy-center" -- a safely accessible one through which and into which the universal energy can flow and can be gathered. At first, there is nothing there -- or near enough to nothing that the distinction is trivial.

Over time, and with consistent practice, however, this energy-center begins to develop, to grow, to strengthen. One of the benefits of attending one of Michael's workshops is that he will project to you, transmit to you energetic information of a very pure and clean nature which will truly raise your own energy-body's vibrational frequency. You will, for a matter of days, experience a significant increase in your own potential and your LDT will be awakened and expanded in a fashion similar to some years of individual practice on your own. This is a gift, and what happens next depends entirely on you.

If you go home from the workshop and think that you are now a qigong master, this gift of increased frequency and awakened dan tien will fade away like nothing ever happened. You will not only forget the experience you had but you will quickly forget that you even had it.

If, on the other hand, you remain calm, conduct yourself as a good and moral person, and practice your qigong every day, you will probably lose some of that initial "boost" but you will quickly level out at a new baseline from which you will begin to rise, a baseline which begins with a functioning dan tien. This is the foundation.

As you continue to practice your qigong -- qigong meaning something along the lines of "the cultivation of life-energy requiring work over a period of time" -- you will continue to develop this energy-center. This energy-center is connected to all the others, is part of your energy-body, and is part of the universal energy of "that which is." (This is not some new-age "woo-woo" pseudo-spiritual babble, it is simply an attempt at describing something which can only be experienced.) If you want to think of the LDT as a battery, you could say that you are charging it up, and that the other energy-centers throughout your energy-body are all interconnected by "qi conductors."

As the LDT begins to "charge," the other energy-centers begin to awaken, too. As the LDT starts to overflow, the other energy-centers begin to charge. As you exercise these "qi conductors," they begin to expand and strengthen, becoming capable of flowing more "current" -- both inbound and outbound. The flow of qi through your entire energetic system as a result of consistently practicing your qigong burns through filters and dissolves energetic blockages established and developed throughout your lifetimes. Your entire perspective shifts and your view of reality, your understanding of the world around you, alters in subtle but profound ways.

You are not misunderstanding. You probably have not felt your own dan tien, and likely not any other aspect of your energy-body. In fact, you probably have an intellectual doubt that this is really anything more than metaphor. You might have felt the faintest trickle of energy flowing through you but likely no more than that. So far, anyhow...

Your last sentence -- "Do you seek to cultivate and store qi and use it your own project your own personal qi (the qi you 'brought with you' for this incarnation) through this training?" -- is too visualization-oriented, too mind-centered, too much focused on conscious intention. With the Stillness-Movement system (as with some other "high-level" energetic systems), you simply do the work and let the energy take care of itself.

As we say, "may the will of the Light be done."

Hope this helps!

Brian

PS, I would strongly encourage you to go to a workshop in person. I encourage you to learn the system's first qigong set (Gift of the Tao I) before the workshop if possible but I wouldn't tell you not attend just because you hadn't learned it yet. And I would urge you to practice the system for 100 days after the workshop and then decide whether the system is the right fit for you.

Good job of describing. Thank you!  Hope to see you soon. GOT IV (3 moves) is being taught as of last workshop.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 1

<snip>

I saw you now at the workshop a couple of weeks ago in the future.

I love it!!!

BTW, I've been working in dreamtime a lot lately.

I love it!!!

BTW, I've been working in dreamtime a lot lately.

Ya, it be natural progression for us. Quite interesting and a much expanded universe to do things in. Dreamtime experieinces are just as valid as "awake" experieinces.

• Like 1