ShaktiMama

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year and blessings to all.

May we get what we deserve

and deserve what we want.

Happy New Year and blessings to all.

May we get what we deserve

and deserve what we want.

Better still, learn to appreciate what we have, and learn to not seek what we do not need.

Singing golden love to all,

Shen

The year is 2013

My legend continues but for some, it is just a beginning

My underlings, we have achieved great things last year and much more will be achieved in this new year

We will rise above all the mortals and triumph over our enemies

GLORY TO THE HORSE STANCE!!!

Another Christian New Years,...another year that the Christian calendar has underminded, infiltrated, suppressed humanity's natural connection with nature, thus keeping Yin/Yang, and the Tao obscure.

Another Christian New Years,...another year that the Christian calendar has underminded, infiltrated, suppressed humanity's natural connection with nature, thus keeping Yin/Yang, and the Tao obscure.

Well, you just go ahead and have a happy fuckin' new year anyhow!!!

There's a lovely story in Kilvert's diary of the animals all kneeling down in their stalls on 'Old Christmas Eve'.

Dunno about anywhere else but our then parliament changed the calendar back in 1750 so that in England, the year 1751 was a short year of 282 days, running from 25 March to 31 December. 1752 began on 1 January. To align the calendar in use in England to that in use on the continent, the changes introduced in 1582 by the Gregorian calendar were adopted with effect in 1752. To this end, the calendar was advanced by 11 days: Wednesday 2 September 1752 was followed by Thursday 14 September 1752. The year 1752 was thus a short year (355 days) as well.

Hence 'Old Christmas Eve' was a different day to 'New Christmas Eve' and folk grumbled about being 'robbed of eleven days' from their lives.

That folk tale about the animals kneeling down persists in some parts yet, I've heard it told for a fact.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Well, you just go ahead and have a happy fuckin' new year anyhow!!!

Yes,...during the coming Year of the Snake, I'm planning on spending about 13 Moons in Asia,...in non-Abrahamic areas.

"To establish peace, love, and a connection with spirituality in the world, we need a profound shift in our everyday consciousness that can be facilitated through a "natural calendar" one based on natural time. The CRFC (Calendar Reform for the Future of Civilization) pointed out that "by rational discourse and common sense, it has been determined that the Gregorian calendar does not represent a true or accurate standard of measure or belong to any systematic science of time, and hence, is worthy of reform." That is to say, as the sword is an anachronism in modern warfare, the Gregorian calendar is, as Rick McCarty says, "an anachronistic scheme serving the interests of men in a pre-scientific, theocratic society with a feudal economy." The Christian calendar encourages neither spirituality nor a birthing of human beingness. It stimulates unrest, disempowerment, conflict, unrighteous intolerance, and violence.

A natural calendar based on the natural rhythms of earth and our relationship within the universe would promptly change everything. Our activities would ensue through an atmosphere of connectivity, versus an environment that arose from spiritually limiting Aristotelian logic and dissynchronizing theocratic beliefs." VMarco

• Like 2

There's a lovely story in Kilvert's diary of the animals all kneeling down in their stalls on 'Old Christmas Eve'.

Dunno about anywhere else but our then parliament changed the calendar back in 1750 so that in England, the year 1751 was a short year of 282 days, running from 25 March to 31 December. 1752 began on 1 January. To align the calendar in use in England to that in use on the continent, the changes introduced in 1582 by the Gregorian calendar were adopted with effect in 1752. To this end, the calendar was advanced by 11 days: Wednesday 2 September 1752 was followed by Thursday 14 September 1752. The year 1752 was thus a short year (355 days) as well.

Hence 'Old Christmas Eve' was a different day to 'New Christmas Eve' and folk grumbled about being 'robbed of eleven days' from their lives.

That folk tale about the animals kneeling down persists in some parts yet, I've heard it told for a fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZgT1SRcrKE

Umm... you know each time you make a comment like this, you sound more and more bitter. Perhaps you should just let it go? I mean being attached to all that compassion must be very trying on you. I know when I hat... err... feel that sort of compassion about something, it really drains me.

Aaron

Yes,...during the coming Year of the Snake, I'm planning on spending about 13 Moons in Asia,...in non-Abrahamic areas.

A natural calendar based on the natural rhythms of earth and our relationship within the universe would promptly change everything. Our activities would ensue through an atmosphere of connectivity, versus an environment that arose from spiritually limiting Aristotelian logic and dissynchronizing theocratic beliefs." VMarco

A man in a moving truck asked the old man 'What are the people in this town like?'

The old man asked back 'What were the people in the town you left like?'

The man in the truck said 'oispdf -089js slkjdf sldfj 0wer 09iwer poisf98s'

'They're the same here' the wise man told him.

That tends to be the truth. Be more kind and less judgmental and you'll find lots of good people.

Umm... you know each time you make a comment like this, you sound more and more bitter. Perhaps you should just let it go? I mean being attached to all that compassion must be very trying on you. I know when I hat... err... feel that sort of compassion about something, it really drains me.

Aaron

Of course you're drained,...because you only see compassion from your personal relative view.

The Christian calendar steps between sentient beings and their direct experience of the natural world,...thus undermining their liberation from suffering.

Because of your historic difficulty in comprehension, I'll lay it out again:

A calendar establishes the rhythm of social life. In a large part of the world, the Christian belief system, through its calendar, infiltrates the rhythm of our years, months, and artificial religio-centric orientated weeks, and thus, albeit subtly to most, dominates society. Because Christianity’s Gregorian calendar disconnects us from the natural cycles of life, it is one of the most significant underlying impediments to peace, love, and spirituality in the world.

A calendar organizes our human activities. Although the Christian calendar is an outer manifestation, it governs our inner life by obscuring the natural cycles of the outer.

To establish peace, love, and a connection with spirituality in the world, we need a profound shift in our everyday consciousness that can be facilitated through a "natural calendar" one based on natural time. The CRFC (Calendar Reform for the Future of Civilization) pointed out that "by rational discourse and common sense, it has been determined that the Gregorian calendar does not represent a true or accurate standard of measure or belong to any systematic science of time, and hence, is worthy of reform." That is to say, as the sword is an anachronism in modern warfare, the Gregorian calendar is, as Rick McCarty says, "an anachronistic scheme serving the interests of men in a pre-scientific, theocratic society with a feudal economy." The Christian calendar encourages neither spirituality nor a birthing of human beingness. It stimulates unrest, disempowerment, conflict, unrighteous intolerance, and violence.

A natural calendar based on the natural rhythms of earth and our relationship within the universe would promptly change everything. Our activities would ensue through an atmosphere of connectivity, versus an environment that arose from spiritually limiting Aristotelian logic and dissynchronizing theocratic beliefs. We are where our attention is. If our attention functions within a religio-centric environment, there is an obscuring of our spiritual essence. It doesn’t matter whether we think that we are becoming more spiritual; we simply are not, and we cannot cultivate the sapientialness of spirituality upon a dogmatic sciential, sentient foundation. Christianity is a patriarchal, cerebrally invented religion whose intent is to perpetuate an inferior humanity.

Bottom line,...no Bodhisattva would, in any way, be supportive of the Christian calendar,...nor would any compassionate person.

• Like 1

A man in a moving truck asked the old man 'What are the people in this town like?'

The old man asked back 'What were the people in the town you left like?'

The man in the truck said 'oispdf -089js slkjdf sldfj 0wer 09iwer poisf98s'

'They're the same here' the wise man told him.

That tends to be the truth.

Yes,...that would be their truth.

In the Valley of the blind, deluded Sheeple, the one-eyed girl is persecuted for her illness (of having some sight).

Yes,...that would be their truth.

In the Valley of the blind, deluded Sheeple, the one-eyed girl is persecuted for her illness (of having some sight).

It might be a bit more common kind of truth. I'm just afraid you're setting yourself up for disappointment with the belief that people under a different calendar and religion are naturally better. People are people. If you can't get along with them where you're at, then a 13 month lunar calendar may not make a difference.

People on this site have 2 eyes and only Reggie is a Sheeple because his dad was a shepherd and mom a lamb. I think the habit of calling people who disagree with you Sheeple (Reggie excluded) is the kind of thing that won't translate well where ever you go. This is a taoist forum where most people have much more experience with esoterics then most. If we're the Sheeple how do you react in the other forums or with people in general?

You tend to argue and insult easily. How self aware are you of your behavior?? Even on a Happy New Year topic, you create fights and dissension. Its good to argue and have a unique viewpoint, but you won't find a place with harmony until you clean up your destructive psychology.

P.S. Which country are you thinking of visiting? China??

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Of course you're drained,...because you only see compassion from your personal relative view.

The Christian calendar steps between sentient beings and their direct experience of the natural world,...thus undermining their liberation from suffering.

Because of your historic difficulty in comprehension, I'll lay it out again:

A calendar establishes the rhythm of social life. In a large part of the world, the Christian belief system, through its calendar, infiltrates the rhythm of our years, months, and artificial religio-centric orientated weeks, and thus, albeit subtly to most, dominates society. Because Christianity’s Gregorian calendar disconnects us from the natural cycles of life, it is one of the most significant underlying impediments to peace, love, and spirituality in the world.

A calendar organizes our human activities. Although the Christian calendar is an outer manifestation, it governs our inner life by obscuring the natural cycles of the outer.

To establish peace, love, and a connection with spirituality in the world, we need a profound shift in our everyday consciousness that can be facilitated through a "natural calendar" one based on natural time. The CRFC (Calendar Reform for the Future of Civilization) pointed out that "by rational discourse and common sense, it has been determined that the Gregorian calendar does not represent a true or accurate standard of measure or belong to any systematic science of time, and hence, is worthy of reform." That is to say, as the sword is an anachronism in modern warfare, the Gregorian calendar is, as Rick McCarty says, "an anachronistic scheme serving the interests of men in a pre-scientific, theocratic society with a feudal economy." The Christian calendar encourages neither spirituality nor a birthing of human beingness. It stimulates unrest, disempowerment, conflict, unrighteous intolerance, and violence.

A natural calendar based on the natural rhythms of earth and our relationship within the universe would promptly change everything. Our activities would ensue through an atmosphere of connectivity, versus an environment that arose from spiritually limiting Aristotelian logic and dissynchronizing theocratic beliefs. We are where our attention is. If our attention functions within a religio-centric environment, there is an obscuring of our spiritual essence. It doesn’t matter whether we think that we are becoming more spiritual; we simply are not, and we cannot cultivate the sapientialness of spirituality upon a dogmatic sciential, sentient foundation. Christianity is a patriarchal, cerebrally invented religion whose intent is to perpetuate an inferior humanity.

Bottom line,...no Bodhisattva would, in any way, be supportive of the Christian calendar,...nor would any compassionate person.

I didn't read your entire post, because once you started in on Christianity I knew what was coming, but let me make a point to you about how to communicate compassionately. Just so you know, any conversation that causes another person to suffer, especially if it was intentional, is never compassionate. Compassion is not about causing suffering, but liberating people from suffering, as you like to put it. What I see in this post and your other posts is your continued lack of recognition of this fact, though, sadly, I think you understand it but dismiss it.

I am not a supporter of the gregorian calender, but in light of the suffering of the world, I see many more issues as being more important than attacking other people who are enjoying one day of the year. Perhaps helping out in a shelter would help... here's a little story.

My twin brother, whom I love dearly, and is perhaps my closest friend, has always been a bit self absorbed and egocentric. Recently he got a job working for Habitat for Humanity, but was let go for various reasons. My first thought, knowing my brother, was that he would become resentful of the organization and charities in particular, but that wasn't the case.

Having recently moved to our hometown and having the chance to have Christmas dinner with his mother and sisters for the first time in 12 years, he told them he couldn't because he had volunteered to feed the homeless at a shelter. This floored me. It seems that his time at the Habitat for Humanity, even with the negative outcome, had sparked a spirit in him that he wasn't aware of. He said that he understood how hard it was for the homeless and he wanted to do everything he could to help out.

Now, if one of the most self-absorbed people I know could suddenly come out himself and become so uncharacteristically selfless (Brother if you're reading this, I love you, but you know it's true), then how is it that you can't? Perhaps it's because you don't see real suffering? Perhaps you should stop musing about suffering and compassion, philosophically masturbating over the notion, and instead get your hands dirty and actually lend a helping hand to those in need? Which is more important, feeding someone who is hungry food or shoving a philosophical ideology down their throat? Which is going to help their bodies and which will end up causing them to starve to death? Without helping the body, we can never help the spirit. Lao Tzu believed this and I do too.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron

It might be a bit more common kind of truth. I'm just afraid you're setting yourself up for disappointment with the belief that people under a different calendar and religion are naturally better. People are people. If you can't get along with them where you're at, then a 13 month lunar calendar may not make a difference.

People on this site have 2 eyes and only Reggie is a Sheeple because his dad was a shepherd and mom a lamb. I think the habit of calling people who disagree with you Sheeple (Reggie excluded) is the kind of thing that won't translate well where ever you go. This is a taoist forum where most people have much more experience with esoterics then most. If we're the Sheeple how do you react in the other forums or with people in general?

You tend to argue and insult easily. How self aware are you of your behavior?? Even on a Happy New Year topic, you create fights and dissension. Its good to argue and have a unique viewpoint, but you won't find a place with harmony until you clean up your destructive psychology.

P.S. Which country are you thinking of visiting? China??

Aaron believes that any dialogue that causes someone's beliefs to suffer to not being compassionate. A Bodhisattva, the essence of compassion, takes an oath to liberate all sentient beings from their sentience,...that is, their beliefs. The faith-based are obviously entrained to appease, moderate, and sustain beliefs through coddling, etc. But is that the right thing?

In fact, a popular indoctrination is that it is better to happy than to be right or true. Thus, for most, happy is something directly opposite of right or true.

As for Asia,...I likely would stay near Sukhothai, and tour from there. While in China, I surely want to go to Dongguan and the Guan Yin Temple of Compassion. The trip is open ended,...could very well stay there (in Asia). Also plan on visting Vulture Peak, where Buddha is said to have spoke of the prajnaparamita.