Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Study what the names mean and your symbol & you can connect better when you know what the phoenix means to you...

A common depiction of Fenghuang was of it attacking snakes with its talons and its wings spread. According to scripture Erya — chapter 17Shiniao, Fenghuang is said to be made up of the beak of a rooster, the face of a swallow, the forehead of a fowl, the neck of a snake, the breast of agoose, the back of a tortoise, the hindquarters of a stag and the tail of a fish.[1] Today, however, it is often described as a composite of many birds including the head of a golden pheasant, the body of a mandarin duck, the tail of a peacock, the legs of a crane, the mouth of a parrot, and the wings of a swallow.

Its body symbolizes the six celestial bodies. The head is the sky, the eyes are the sun, the back is the moon, the wings are the wind, the feet are the earth, and the tail is the planets. Its feathers contain the five fundamental colors: black, white, red, blue and yellow. It is also sometimes depicted as having three legs.[citation needed] It is believed that phoenix only appear in areas or places that are blessed with utmost peace and prosperity or happiness.

Chinese traditions cites it as living atop the Kunlun Mountains in northern China.

The fenghuang has very positive connotations. It is a symbol of high virtue and grace. The fenghuang also symbolizes the union of yin and yang.Shan Hai Jing's 1st chapter “Nanshang Jing” records each part of fenghuang's body symbolizes a word, the head represents virtue (), the wing represents duty (), the back represents propriety (), the abdomen says belief () and the chest represents mercy ().[4]

In ancient and modern Chinese culture, they can often be found in the decorations for weddings or royalty, along with dragons. This is because the Chinese considered the dragon and phoenix symbolic of blissful relations between husband and wife, another common yin and yang metaphor.

In some traditions it appears in good times but hides during times of trouble, while in other traditions it appeared only to mark the beginning of a new era.[5] In China and Japan it was a symbol of the imperial house, and it represented "fire, the sun, justice, obedience, and fidelity".[5]

• Like 2

FP seems to work more with chakras rather than with tan tiens.

I wonder how FP is compatible with yoga pranayamas. I want to stress this issue actually and I would like to hear Sifu Terry opinion on this please.

In yoga they say of importance of pranayamas for cleansing energy body and thus to calm the mind. They say it is must before any meditation happens to be natural. I know FP works in it's own way but I like yoga too and may be there is way to have benefits out of combining these 2 yogic methods.

This is basic pranayam they are talking about.

But the real deal pranayam should be done after a nice meditative state have achieved. The good reason behind this is, calming the monkey egoistic mind first, calming the body, so that there is no resistance with the prana, to invigorate and cleanse the body, and to boosting your apperceptive power, and making your mind more subtle. Doing improper practice is detrimental.

Advanced practitioner of pranayam can do telekinisis/empty force ability.

Sifu Terry,

I am posting my medical clairvoyant's test results on what he has perceived with his heightened consciousness about the effects that Flying Phoenix Chi Kung DVD volume 5 meditations have on me. I would appreciate if you could comment on his perceptions based on your personal experience with these particular meditations.

This is all good stuff. Besides what is going in the body there is some subtle energetic action happening in the subtle bodies with all of these. Powerful.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting Eric Isen's remote readings of the yogic and physiological effects of the FP Meditations on Volume 5 of the Chi Kung For Health series that you had shared with me in April. I was actually looking for an opening in the thread to segue into recommending Eric's excellent services is a medical clairvoyant because not only were his psychic analyses of each of the 90-second "Flash" meditations of Vol.5 spot-on accurate, he also impressed me greatly with his perception of the more subtle effects of these short meditations as a whole and perfectly described their role and importance within the overall Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditation System (Fei Feng San Gung). Here are my further comments about his remote reads:

White Crane Folds Wings----would help clear stress from the heart chakra and the left hemisphere of the brain.
Very accurate and confirms the meditation's effect of unifying the heart-mind.
Phoenix and Dragon Play----would help to clear the nervous system especially on the left side of the body.
These FP meditations all clear the nervous system, but his read is most accurate in describing the effect on the left side of the body, for this moving meditation perfectly follows the Taoist yogic principle that's also found in the Tai Chi Classics having to do with left and right. This is a subtle effect--not everyone feels it at first. But the left side effect is real.
Lift Earth to Heaven-----clears the lower chakras so the energy can rise.
Perfectly accurate. Spot-on. Practically everyone who practices it feels this process.
Dragon Emerges From Cave-----opens heart chakra and moves heart energy up into upper chakras in head.
Accurately describes the primary effect of this Meditation. There are other effects. *"moving the heart energy up into the upper chakras in head" is akin to how GM Doo Wai described how the FP healing effect is yogically created.
Preparation for Eight Sections Combined------Enlivens the Kundalini energy and gets it moving upwards.
Again, an excellent general read. This fifth meditation is not an FP Meditation but a Qigong exercise that belongs to an internal martial art system called Eight Sections of Energy Combined (Bot Dim Gum) that cultivates a totally different energy than the FP Heavenly Healing Energy. Eric distinguishes this by calling it the Kundalini energy, which the 8 Sections art indeed activates in cultivating the much heavier-feelng martial energy that can be transmitted through organic fibers such as cloth and wood.

This is all good stuff. Besides what is going in the body there is some subtle energetic action happening in the subtle bodies with all of these. Powerful.

This is very true with regards to the energetic effects in the "subtle bodies". Eric is describing the high yogic effects on one's being--refinement of the spiritual body (for those who care about it). Hence, these 4 FP 90-second Meditations plus the BDG Meditation are extremely powerful and affective when practiced after one has mastered the fundamentals of Flying Phoenix in Volumes 1 through 3.

Looking back at our email correspondence in April when you first shared Eric's remote readings with me, I was also very impressed by his perfect reading of the level of yogic power that this set of short 90-second meditations imparts and its role within the overall Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditation (Fei Feng San Gung) system: "immediate results and then a long slow path of purification and growth." Immediate tangible results are indeed felt. But these short 90-second Meditations by themselves will not lead to speedy "purification" for beginners. As described earlier, purification and growth (occuring relatively faster compared to other Qigong traditions) can only come from mastering the Standing Long Form meditation of Volume 4 after having established the FP fundamentals in Volumes 1 through 3. In other words, there are no short cuts...and Eric spells that out in his remote analysis of Volume 5's teachings.

Steve mehl <[email protected]>

Apr 17

to me

This is the reply to asking how long it will take for me to have the benefits of what he saw vol. 5 doing for me.

From: Eric Isen ([email protected])This sender is in your contact list.

Sent: Wed 4/17/13 9:25 PM

To: steve mehl ([email protected])

should be some immediate results and then a long slow process of purification and growth.

Would advise continuing to stay in the flow of Grace from Oneness. That will pay off faster at some point.

Eric

[email protected]

Apr 17

to steve

Ho Steve,

Very accurate answer that Eric gave

you in response to your question!

Given your experience with the the basic FP meds in Vols.1-4, you will indeed feel immediate energizing of new pathways. You will find the Vol 5 meds to be more sublime and just more amazing by virtue of their simplicity and speedy effects. But Eric again is very accurate in reading vol.5 as another step in a smooth and gradual cultivation- evolution process. Thanks for passing on Eric's perfect read. He's a fine channeler.

Bests SifuTerry

Sent from my iPhone

Again, thanks for passing on Eric's perfect read. He's a fine channeler.

Needless to say, but I'll say it here anyway: I highly recommend Eric Isen's services as a medical clairvoyant--not just to verify before getting your feet wet of the precise benefits of individual Flying Phoenix Qigong meditations and the efficacy of the FP Qigong system as a whole in relation to the practitioner, but to assess any yogic exercise, meditation, or yoga system in terms of benefits or detriment to the querent.

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Guest bew

Wow, this is really inspiring. I have kept my focus on the advanced seated meditations and the long form and will continue to do so, but certainly now will add in some of the 90 second meds. each day based on this interesting report. Thank you for sharing, Steve.

And thank you Sifu Terry for the helpful replies to my inquiries back in April about sailboat FPCK. I am sticking to dry land practice as much as possible and if I can overcome some natural shyness, may start just practicing in the marina bathhouse! :-)

And the shaking in the arm with the sports injury is indeed subsided as you indicated, as well as movement in head and shoulders. Although interestingly, there is now some shaking in my core but I would describe it as now more internal rather than muscular movement as before. Still no colors of blue or gold seen but I hardly need it! The energy is very tangible.

Edited by bew

Wow, this is really inspiring. I have kept my focus on the advanced seated meditations and the long form and will continue to do so, but certainly now will add in some of the 90 second meds. each day based on this interesting report. Thank you for sharing, Steve.

And thank you Sifu Terry for the helpful replies to my inquiries back in April about sailboat FPCK. I am sticking to dry land practice as much as possible and if I can overcome some natural shyness, may start just practicing in the marina bathhouse! :-)

And the shaking in the arm with the sports injury is indeed subsided as you indicated, as well as movement in head and shoulders. Although interestingly, there is now some shaking in my core but I would describe it as now more internal rather than muscular movement as before. Still no colors of blue or gold seen but I hardly need it! The energy is very tangible.

Hello BEW,

Glad to hear that you found stable conditions in which to practice your FP Qigong and that you feeling the FP healing energy in a very tangible manner! And glad to hear that the FP Qigong is working well for your as the system's healing effect on your sports injury is indeed evidenced by the steadily dampening of the amplitude of the physical vibrations. Shaking in the core is normal and very common to FP practice. Besides being a function of numerous factors in the mental, emotional and physical state of the practitioner, my personal experience is that the shaking in the core" can be influenced to a certain extent by diet as well.

I'm glad that Steve's posting of Eric Isen's remote assessment of the Vol.5 FP Meditations has inspired you to start practicing them. As I said at many places along this thread, the goal is to cover the all the basic level meditations of the Flying Phoenix Qigong system presented in the DVD series, which is not the entire Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditation System, Level One. They are presented in the DVD series in the exact order in which I was taught the system by GM Doo Wai--so as to make it easier for students to derive the full health benefits of this basic foundation of the FP Qigong system and so begin to progress in the long slow process of (spiritual) purification, in the words of Eric Isen.

Thanks for sharing your progress.

Best,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear

How are you deciding which questions to answer and which not?Are some FP practitioners better than others?

Is it a test whether sifu is clairvoyant, you have deleted the questions couple days ago and now wish to have them answered LOL

Why not just simply re-post or post a polite reminder, if your question wasn't answered.

• Like 1

Steve, thanks for posting of your clairvoyant's observations. That's very interesting.

But I wonder why you can't make these observations from your own perception? Is it so subtle that you can't feel or perceive it yourself? Even that kundalini raising up?

How are you deciding which questions to answer and which not?Are some FP practitioners better than others?

He is very busy. You can use search for some phrases typing "zen-bear" at the find the author option. As far as I realized the answer to your question was that one CAN practice FP and other BFP arts at the same time as these arts are under the same BFP umbrella. But Garry says it is better to choose FP or SYG.

Sometime they say different things but truth somewhere in the middle :D

But it is fine to practice FP and Red Dragon or other kung fu arts as they are shorter than SYG

Edited by Eugene

Thank you Sifu Terry for confirming a medical clairvoyant's findings. Since working with Eric since 1998 to maintain my health I have no medical issues at age 65. When I go for my annual medical exam my doctor asks what I am doing in his office as he has proclaimed me the healthiest patient in his practice. So I need no confirmation of his abilities as my current health is confirmation enough. Anyone wishing to avail themselves of Eric's services can reach him at: [email protected]. Or go to his website by putting Eric M. Isen in the search bar. He works over the phone.

And to Eugene, I like your question as to why I resort to a clairvoyant about effects of chi kung. You have answered the question. It is true I am not very aware of most subtle energies. This is due to the condition of my nervous system. Some are just more sensitive than others. I feel chi from chi kung in my hands only and I have been doing chi kung for the past 6 yrs usually 3 times a day. I accept my limitations to feel energy, nothing I can do about that. So I am indeed grateful that Eric is able to tell me what is happening to me from Flying Phoenix meditations even though I cannot feel it directly. In fact, during the last 3 years I cannot even feel subtle energy that I used to feel from my practice of TM and the use of the Egyptian Healing Rods. So I am like a blind man needing someone with sight to describe the scenery that is right in front of him but he cannot appreciate.

Steve

• Like 5

I just came across this article. Taoist monk Fung Doe Duk's account of receiving the Flying Phoenix meditations as retold by Grand Master Doo Wai. The Goddess' instructions are very sobering. This practice will reject those who aren't pure in heart! I will keep this in mind. It's easy to become content with good health and let your guard down, forgetting the purity of your purpose!

http://tibetan.tripod.com/ch-phoen.htm

• Like 5

I just came across this article. Taoist monk Fung Doe Duk's account of receiving the Flying Phoenix meditations as retold by Grand Master Doo Wai. The Goddess' instructions are very sobering. This practice will reject those who aren't pure in heart! I will keep this in mind. It's easy to become content with good health and let your guard down, forgetting the purity of your purpose!

http://tibetan.tripod.com/ch-phoen.htm

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God".

--the seventh of eight Beatitudes, preached in the Sermon on the Mount

I believe that Jesus, the Great Syrian Sage, was speaking yogically and spiritually all at once, for all of Christ's teachings were "levelistic."

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3

And I will take poetic license with the above quote and state that it could also mean that when stress is eliminated from the nervous system, meaning purification of karma which will then result in a whole brain functioning which will create the feeling of bliss which automatically makes one pure in heart, Divine love from within. This was my experience on top of the mount in the French Alps once.

• Like 1

It was the Great Syrian Sage--was it not?--who gave the world eight beatitudes during a sermon on a mount, and the seventh one says: "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God".

--Sifu Terry

Sifu Terry, what is the transmission in BFP? Is it only to be pure in the heart and doing meds right? There is no certain philosophy in BFP, no scriptures, and how one can be sure that he or she is pure? The conception of karma is so vague. I like C. Castaneda's perspective on it but BFP seems to be more buddhist in philosophy. But it is taoist at the same time. And even they differ.

Is there moral sense of it? You advised to read few books on this but there are diff perceptions on it.

May be it is even more important than just doing meds correctly

Edited by Eugene
  • Like 1

Steve, I am not sure how it works exactly but I just have noticed I have less negativity in mind.

I would recommend you guys to listen to audio meditations programs by Jeffrey Thompson alfa, tetta and delta waves meditations. Is seems to work well for me and I have benefits from it.

Edited by Eugene
  • Like 1

Sifu Terry, what is the transmission in BFP? Is it only to be pure in the heart and doing meds right? There is no certain philosophy in BFP, no scriptures, and how one can be sure that he or she is pure? The conception of karma is so vague. I like C. Castaneda's perspective on it but BFP seems to be more buddhist in philosophy. But it is taoist at the same time. And even they differ.

Is there moral sense of it? You advised to read few books on this but there are diff perceptions on it.

May be it is even more important than just doing meds correctly

I think it's most helpful to remember that being pure in heart is a conscious decision. Your primordial nature is pure, and it exists in reality, not in time and memory. No words, doctrines, or concepts can give you a better understanding of purity than a determined look inward. Sometimes the words of a realized person can help point us in the right direction, however. I've been reading Maharaj's I Am That, and this book has helped me a lot in cultivating a pure intent. I highly recommend it.

It seems to me that the practice hasn't rejected you. You were willing to try FPCK for yourself. You are also persevering in your practice over a great length of time, which can't be said of everyone. I believe you are blessed to have received this practice, and you shouldn't worry about purity so much. The fact that you're striving for purity shows that you are not someone who is content with impurity - in other words, much of what you do, you do for purity's sake! I'm reminded of a section of I Am That:

Questioner: My only complaint is this: why do I

not see what you see, why your words do not sound true in my
mind. Let me know this much; all else can wait. You are wise
and I am stupid; you see, I don’t. Where and how shall I find my
wisdom?
M: If you know yourself to be stupid, you are not stupid at all!
It's simple, but I think this is the most important truth. That purity which we are often seeking like it's somewhere far off turns out to be the very thing that is motivating our actions in the present!
  • Like 3

Purity can be very divisive among humans. It is a state often inhabited by ego. Our culture is particularly susceptible to the vagaries of purity at this time.

Our shared humanity begs for tolerance and shatters along lines of imagined difference ... mental constructs.

Just practice, no preconceptions, just observe. (Wish i could do that perfectly, would that be Purity?)

Just ordered vol. 7 advance MSW seated ... to begin learning on the Northern Solstice maybe?

Will complete 100 days of long form standing and the first 3 MSW, in one week!

• Like 2

Riding - Great point(s) on purity. As for me I go with your suggestion of "just practice, just observe". That would seem to be purity of practice. When you finish your 100 days I am hoping you post your observations on the experience.

• Like 1

As for purity of heart, that one is a bit more challenging and I agree with the post above of alles. that we have to look within ourselves. Or per the lyrics of the Grateful Dead song "Ripple", There is a road, no simple highway / Between the dawn and the dark of night / And if you go no one may follow / That path is for your steps alone.

• Like 2

Purity of heart and Flying Phoenix and all energy methods: from my personal experiences and the teachings of a guru and an avatar: when the nervous system gets clear of stress then the kundalini can reach the brain and when it does there is the bliss and the love. If the nervous system is purified enough from the energy methods, whether it be meditation or chi kung, or deeksha or transmission from a master to disciple, then the kundalini can remain in the brain instead of descend back down. The descent is felt as the dark night of the soul in literature and in personal experience when the bliss and love goes away. In that state of a purified nervous system there is naturally a pure of heart feeling. This cannot be created by intention of trying to be a loving person etc. Sorry, but religion has put the cart before the horse! When I went into a state of Awakening or a stage of Enlightenment, I don't know which one it was, I was unable to even create a negative thought. Pure of mind, body and spirit. This is why I continue doing chi kung because its energy releases stored stress in the nervous system, chakras, etc. and thus it purifies our system, mind, body and spirit. Trying to act pure is merely a mood. Chi Kung is a psycho-physiological method for inducing purification. Until then we do what we know is right. The Eightfold Path is backwards. It should start with Samadhi and then the rest of the 7 behaviors are spontaneously lived. This perception is also found in the Tao Te Ching about virtue and kindness being merely an act if one is not connected to Tao. In other words, "Seek ye first the kingdom of Heaven and all things shall be added." J'ai Guru Dev since those insights come from one of my teachers.

• Like 1

Tao Stillness, that's well said!

Regarding the heart purity in taoism they say about two souls Hun and Po :

One Hun and One Po Based on Yin-Yang

Yin-yang is the foundation model of Chinese metaphysics; a deeper understanding is that yin-yang is a profound model containing complex and elegant patterns that are applied to every Taoist art. Hun-Po can be viewed as a yin-yang dynamic. An ancient method was to refer to the dragon and tiger, or the sun and moon, as metaphors for yang and yin, the two great opposing but interrelated forces. A common Taoist view is that each person contains yin and yang aspects of their spirit. The yin and more physical is the Po; the Hun is the yang and more subtle. The traditional view in common books on Chinese medicine and cosmology is that each person has one Hun and one Po. Hun relates to the ethereal soul and is lighter. At the time of physical death, it leaves the body to return to subtle realms. The Po is the corporeal soul. It is closely related to the physical world and returns to the earth at the time of physical death. The basic goal is to harmonize these two influences or energies, obtaining health, balance and self-realization. Cultivating Hun and Po is a refining process; as one refines oneself, her or she become more subtle and spiritual. At a refined state, the physical or Po aspects of our life support the Hun-spiritual aspects, leading to directly experiencing heaven on earth. The long and rich history of Taoism and Chinese medicine include many cultivation methods for refining ourselves
Edited by Eugene