Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Guest bew

Just want to report that the core shaking I experience apparently was dietary, just as you suggested Sifu Terry. I reduced my morning caffeine intake by half (I do FPCK mid-morning each day) and it has desisted. Perhaps I simply didn't notice the internal tremors until the muscular shaking had first subsided, and it in fact had been there all along. In any event, the energy in my practice is now calmer and sort of "rounder", I'd say. A good improvement! Thank you.

Edited by bew
  • Like 1

The reason I say SYG or FP is cause they are BOTH HUGE systems of Nei Gung and BOTH will get you to the same place its just a matter of what resonates with you. :)

Can both systems be learned via DVD's and Skype till the end? I like both of them but I need to know how far I could go with it not seeing the teacher in person.

There are no FP's system teachers in Europe and for some people it would be just easier to meet the SYG teacher sometimes.

It just happened some people started from FP. But Sifu Terry is not going to Europe.

And I have no idea how these systems are complicated on more advanced levels. You did not provide us much with this info.

FP seems to be more buddhist thing. I do not think I have enough virtues in my life for buddhism teaching at the moment. :glare: I do not understand the conception of being "sinful" and yes I still have sin. And I will not change so quickly. That's just I am. I would say taoism is much closer to me in general.

SYG is good for grounding. And as you said as one can't sit quietly one will not be able to move right. I am not sure i am doing FP right.

Edited by Eugene
  • Like 1

For me, the first three volumes alone are proving to be both beneficial and challenging. We all have our unique karmic makeup, and what does wonders for one person may not be suited for another; we all need medicine, and what turns out to be the most suitable medicine for our unique situations is often puzzling. If you decide FP isn't for you at this time, I hope you soon find a practice (if you so desire) that speaks to you in your situation Eugene! FP is this way for me, and I'm grateful for that. It doesn't matter which path we're on or what sort of opinions we have, there are no divisions for us who are blending matter with spirit. So please don't look at yourself as inadequate/sinful and therefore unsuited for one path or another. I'm sinful too, if we choose to look at that! I struggle with certain addictions still. But I choose to believe in something more transcendent than my fleeting desires - my deep, driving desire. That desire which led me to practice qigong, which makes me discontent with happiness based on the transient.

“You are what your deepest desire is.
As your desire is, so is your intention.
As your intention is, so is your will.
As your will is, so is your deed.
As your deed is, so is your destiny.”

Do you really believe that your deepest desire is impure? No way! Don't beat yourself up. :D Just enjoy. You are blessed to live a human life, and even more blessed to be a person who cares to discover truth!

Edited by alleswasderfallist

Do you really believe that your deepest desire is impure?

I only said that Buddhism teaching is not my path. I tried to read many books on buddhism and I did not stick with any of them. But I love taoist philosophy and view on the path. Any practice is connected with certain philosophy. It seems that FP was derived as buddhist path and only people with good virtues will benefit from it . And I just have said that I am not the man of good virtue. I still have other desires and I am not 100 percent honest. That's part of my karma and that's how i can survive and continue my path, what helps me to practice. But the path is not only to practice qigong. it might mean the life of virtue in buddhist sense of it.

I do not say FP is not for me, it's just what resonate more with certain person. I am fan of taoists philosophy and view and practice. As Sifu Terry says FP does not suite taoist map. Here many people said wow only after couple weeks of practice and I can not say wow after 6 months. It helped, my mood is better and more stable, better sleep, i quit some bad habits but most karmic still there and coming up and it did not change much person. I just live how I like and do what i feel.

From buddhist Goddess. There is no conception of sin in taoism. And the main book with theory which is recommended is buddhist.

If he came from Shaolin he could not be taoist. He was taught Doo family's taoist neikung on the basis of which he created FP chikung.

After the well known escape of Fung Do Duk from the burning and total destruction of the Fukien Shil Lum Temple, Fung Do Duk broke his ties from Shil Lum in order to remain hidden from the Qing Emperor and the bounty that was placed on his head.

Doo Tin Yin, at that time, was the sole holder of the Doo family's healing art, developed over 3000 years from the very roots of ancient Chinese folk culture to the Emperor’s court as his personal physician, thus representing a vast wealth of ancient healing knowledge. Doo Tin Yin gave Fung Do Duk refuge in his home from capture and execution and risked his life and his family's life in doing so. In exchange for his life and freedom, Fung Do Duk passed his knowledge to Doo Tin Yin as the 1st generation Doo family inherited grandmaster of the White Tiger Kung Fu system of martial arts. If Fung Doe Duk had been captured by the Qing Emperor, there would be no White Tiger Kung Fu today.

Because of Doo Tin Yin's great influence as a very high ranking official, he was able to arrange the admittance of Fung Do Duk into the O’mie Mountain Daoist's temples in the Sichuan Province of China. Here Fung Do Duk gained a vast wealth of knowledge about ancient Daoist internal arts, healing and self preservation. As a Daoist monk, Fung Do Duk traveled for many years throughout remote China mastering and collecting fighting and healing skills from numerous tribes and villages. Fung Do Duk combined and perfected this collected knowledge to create his awesome ultra-internal system of kung fu called White Tiger.

He seemed to be taoist monk. But

;) yup, said it before said it again, pure in all things, body, mind, speech, energy

is purely buddhist conception of purity. Above I quoted the taoists conception of Hun and Po souls and where the purity coming from. The taoist conception is to unite yin and yang (xing and ming) and there is nothing as to be sinful and not pure.

This is mixing things up. If we do taoist cultivation we should discern taoist terminology and scriptures and use taoist terms.

Otherwise it is not taoist and only creates confusion.

Your wrong, im a daoist and have been since 1992 the 1st Caucasian to be in the Ching Chung sect. All meditative practices in daoism is to purify the heart (mind), your speech is a reflection, your actions are also.

Taoism is not the same! Purification of heart is not the same process in all sects. Heart/mind subsume xing (yin), and energy is ming (yang). Only cultivation of yang (ming) purifies the heart, mind (xing). But not vice versa. And not all sects have ming methods.

In some of the sects they cultivate the heart only. This is false method according to the alchemical taoism. We have to be clear on what are the "meditative practices". There is no word as meditation in alchemical taoism. I don't know anything about Ching Chung sect and can't argue here. That is why I asked couple of times here if BFP methods cultivate xing and ming, prenatal and postnatal. Only if one cultivates ming one can be pure and then speech will be reflection, I consent. But methods are not the same.

Edited by Eugene
  • Like 1

In SYG the very first level is building the LDT (ming).

In FP level 1 it seems to me it builds kidneys meridians too and brings energy to the central channel.

As well as purges three main centers (mind, body, speech???). May be the practice is just the tool.

I only did not understand the conception of sin as we talking of taoist practice. Practice should eliminate all this and help with these issues but not saying that "sinful people" and "not pure in heart" are rejected! All people have sin. If they not they would not be born. All people are lacking purity. This statement of rejection makes no sense for me and I doubt it is taoist. If you read taoist scriptures of taoist classics (Lu Dunpin) you will see that such methods of artificial purity are criticized.

The high level yogi of Tibet Milarepa had a sin of killing dozens of people and he became the saint. He got the right method.

Edited by Eugene

I don't think anyone said that sinful people are rejected. Why are we talking about sin?

The fact that the practice rejects the impure of heart shows the quality of the practice. We collect countless impurities along the way; and those things that are impure cannot survive the purification process. If you choose to identify yourself with those impure things you call 'sinful', that is your choice. I really don't like the word 'sin', it's stinks of condemnation. This is what I meant when I said that purity of heart is a choice. That's just the way I see it, maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by alleswasderfallist

Alles, you gave the link: http://tibetan.tripod.com/ch-phoen.htm

Where it is said:

She told him that people that were evil, sinful, or dishonest would be rejected by the meditations, and they will not be benefited by them. However, if the person were good, the meditations would provide them with Mystical Heavenly self-healing positive energies so powerful that if he or she has a terminal illness the meditations will teach that person's body how to heal itself. If the person is good, the meditations would not only heal them and provide them with perfect health, but it would allow them to have such positive energy within them that they could lay their hands on and heal others

She reminded him that the meditations would reject those that are evil, sinful, or dishonest, and that only the pure would benefit from the mediations.

I too don't like the conception of sin and good and evil. It "stinks" with dualistic Christian philosophy, Alles. Why do we talk of this? I just have read the article and did not like some conceptions in it. And asked myself which conceptions does this school belong to. I am not sure if we should discuss it here. I am just saying I have mix of conceptions in my head. I don't identify myself with negative things but I am not sure that I am pure enough for this practice.

Sorry I guess I missed that. Either way, I don't think the way you are using the word 'sin' is the way it is meant in this article. It's not something that is part of your nature, as in Christian thought. You choose to identify yourself with it or you look for something beyond. Good luck.

1.Don’t get caught by words, give your full attention to reality. Lying is lying, stealing is stealing, killing is killing etc whatever you choose to call these actions. Even if you choose to avoid the word “sin” for these actions, will it change anything to them? Everything we do has a multi-level impact on us: on our body (organs), our affectivity and our train of thoughts. This is not only about morality it is also about the impact such actions have on the very functioning of our being, physical, psychical and spiritual. Did you noticed that any negative action has an immediate consequence on your being (not even talking about the consequences to come later) ? In my experience, I am taxing myself when I commit any negative action, and to me at least, wording it as “karmic debt” is exactly spot on here. But again, the words are not important, but the reality of what is going on is. Let's say someone practice FP or SYG from stolen material (I mean material people get with the clear intention of avoiding paying for it). If you were that Goddess, would you find it right that such people benefit from these systems? Check it out for yourself.

2.Don’t get caught by the way some people choose to present their ideas. David Twicken is the author of the material you posted about Hun and Po. Be aware that Healing Tao (Mantak Chia, Michael Winn, David Twicken etc..) found its marketing niche by presenting the material they promote in such a way that people who had a problem with Christianity could become customers ( no morality system, promise of sexual fulfillment, rejection of the Christian Father like God etc…). But that doesn’t change anything to reality: everything we do has a multi-level impact on us: on our body (organs), our affectivity and our train of thoughs. Mantak Chia chose to erase any reference to a fixed set of moral values but do you think that Daoism could go without any reference to good and bad, whatever content you give to these ideas?

If I was you, I would ask myself these questions: why could it be important to be pure or trying to be so when practicing such a yogic system like FP or SYG given their explicit aim? If the story of the Goddess is true, why did she insist that FP system should be taught only to the right people? Why should it be different with any other system?

I am just throwing here my 2 cts. Good luck in your search.

Please forgive me, Sifu Terry and fellow followers of this thread. If you feel that this post is inappropriate to this thread, I will happily delete my post if you ask me.

• Like 2

Through the practice of SYG & FP you can purify your mind / heart and therefore your speech but after reading some of your post it seems to me you have a different agenda for practicing these arts. All the theories in the world doesnt match up to anything if you do NOT practice and practice for the most important thing in life "better health". These systems have the abitiy to change a person, and the person to understand themselves and much more. Like I said all the time if it resonates with you do it, if not don't, also there is no need to mix the FP with SYG they are both awesome and even though I have much of FP from my teacher saved for my own files I will never have to do it and no need to do it as im content in my SYG, but I do know that FP is also a very good internal system. So at the end of the day what is that you want from your chosen training, what do u think these systems will give you, maybe you expect something that maybe will never happen??

• Like 3

Even if you choose to avoid the word “sin” for these actions, will it change anything to them? Everything we do has a multi-level impact on us: on our body (organs), our affectivity and our train of thoughts. This is not only about morality it is also about the impact such actions have on the very functioning of our being, physical, psychical and spiritual. Did you noticed that any negative action has an immediate consequence on your being (not even talking about the consequences to come later) ?

Sometimes I notice it but sometimes it is only thoughts of good and bad. If someone has karmic imprints then it is just his karma. People are people. That's why I mentioned classic taoist texts which say clearly that cultivation of Tao is not the way of morality but transformation of energy. Awareness comes after one nourishes his energy. But yes one needs good karma to obtain the method. We are making things too complicated now and screwing it up.

Let's say someone practice FP or SYG from stolen material (I mean material people get with the clear intention of avoiding paying for it). If you were that Goddess, would you find it right that such people benefit from these systems? Check it out for yourself.

Did Goddess give this practice to humanity to make money on it? This is good issue.

If someone does not have money to pay for materials and doesn't have money even for food but want to practice?

And not stealing it but just got chance to get online?

And at the same time someone wants more money for materials and increases the price? What is the good and bad?

Garry, I just want to feel good myself and be happy. That' all I want from a system.

I do not even think of energy.... I used to ask about types of energy but it is only ideas behind it...

Because there are diff systems and many many crap stuff on the market ( i don't mean certain system )

Did Goddess give this practice to humanity to make money on it? This is good issue.

If someone does not have money to pay for materials and doesn't have money even for food but want to practice?

And not stealing it but just got chance to get online?

And at the same time someone wants more money for materials and increases the price? What is the good and bad?

I took this example to adapt the question to one of the component of our modern times. There are a lot of ways of "paying" for a teaching you receive. In our times, using money is just of way of framing some kind of exchanges between people. In ancient times, people had to pay by other means.

Don't you think that paying for a teaching you receive is a way (not the most noble, not the only one of course) to repay a small part of your debt to the lineage your receive it from? Get something online "for free" without paying back the people who made the material available is stealing in my eyes, and I would not dare practicing a teaching knowing that I did not receive it in a clean way. To me this has nothing to do with legal matters, it has to do with inner matters. And to me again (but that's just me), if you get something online for free when it was designed to be purchased, you will pay it in another way, and not in a way you will necessarily appreciate. This is just the basic level.

Best,

• Like 3

if you get something online for free when it was designed to be purchased, you will pay it in another way, and not in a way you will necessarily appreciate. This is just the basic level.

Okey. I agree. But just proposed another look on it. You could get this material on ebay for let's say 10 $ from somebody else. Anyway this money would go to some dude. And to pay 10 $ for postage to him. And let's say one has only 10 $ for food for next month. What is the good here - not to practice for a month and wait or practice? What is your look on it? And must you buy a material from lineage holder or if you buy it on ebay is it SIN?

Yup, I know my SYG has been shared around and footage of my Sifu demoing SYG but I have had so many emails asking about why, how, when and what to feel for each level straight away i know they have been given stolen or as a gift from someone that has stolen it. (That is impure)

• Like 1