Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

I also want to report that since doing the first 2 meditations on vol. 5 of Flying Phoenix and 2 meditations from Vol 7, plus 2 static meditations from the Doo Wai family tradition which are not part of FP, I have been having noticeable heightened intuition that happened so quickly after learning these meditations. To me this is tangible experience that FP does indeed open energy centers. As a result, there are less surprises now in my daily life. A former girlfriend for instance visited me unexpectedly a few weeks ago even though I had not seen her since early feb. I sensed she was troubled by something which she denied so I just rattled off what my gut was feeling and I was right on. I have done this on multiple occasions now. And the other day I just had the feelling that her new boyfriend who suffers from pathological jealousy was going to cause trouble. Sure enough the other night the phone rang and a man that I do not know, only by name, started verbally attacking and threatening me. It was him. No surprise. So good stuff is happening from FP.

• Like 1

I don't know what Taoists in particular or Taoist tradition you are referring to as to the one that says lucid dreaming disperses much jing. (And please cite the reference if you care to.) I have never experienced this to be the case. Whenever I did/do lucid dreaming, my sleep quality was/is not diminished one bit. In fact, I was/am almost always more rested and more empowered in every way upon rising from a lucid dream. In all seriousness, the only time a male would disperse much jing during sleep would be as result of a wet dream. And such a dream for the vast majority of adult males would not be lucid. I suppose one could engage in sexual congress with a dreamed entity while lucidly dreaming, but I can conceive of that only as ultra-ultra-rare situation--a near-impossibility--where that might occur. But even then, such a high-level tantric operation in the dream-state would not be enervating, but rather empowering. At any rate, your statement has caused me to meditate on this rare potential (the dispersion of jing while lucidly dreaming), and my experience tells me that that is not very likely to happen. In fact, I would come down on the side that holds such dispersion is almost impossible.

May be I used not accurate words as I am not expert. But I did some investigations on this before otherwise I would not post any doubts here. It was discussed on the taoist Wu Liu Pai's forum. But it is not in English and if I provide link you wont understand anyway. I asked it there couple years ago and recevied accurate respond for my query. From the very beginning they practice method to avoid lucid dreaming. As for links on another authentic taoist texts it would take time to find it but I can reverse it and ask you if you can cite where they practice lucid dreaming in taoist sects.

May be it is not dispersed rather than transfers from yang to yin and leads to the cultivation of yin-shen, ghost what leads to the depletion of yuan qi (pure yang). I just have found discussion on this subj in another thread:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/6793-yin-spirit-yang-spirit-and-spirit-travel/

Please read very first post for the cite.

More over that I had a chance to discuss it with a instructor of gnostic christianity school who agreed completely with this theory.

And regarding Cnan' Buddhism I think there is no such thing as lucid dreaming.

As for Cataneda and Yaqi tradition I have doubts that such tradition exists in the way it was described by CC. I like his books but only as excellent warrior path psyhology. Do you practice recaputalation or contemplation as it advised by CC? I do not think it practical. The same I like Osho' books (even more than CC). Just read his book yesterday and found something very useful for myself. I think they both are very good psyhologists but very useful for spiritual seekers as a map on spiritaul path. Because people come accross with psyhology problems and no any "normal" psyho-therapist can help with different kind of problems on the path.

Do BFP methods cultivate yuan jing and qi (prenatal qi)?

Sifu - regarding lucid dreaming I have always been hesitant because I am not sure what I may encounter. I have had to deal with enough "negative energies" while in an awake state (or while in meditation) and I'm not sure how I would handle them if encountered in a lucid dream state. Can you please shed a little light on this? Perhaps dealing with these negative energies goes with the territory, but I would like to understand this before consideration of proceeding. I have CC's book on this, but haven't yet read it. As a result of this thread discussion that will be next on my list. Thanks in advance for any comments you can share.

As a "normal psychotherapist" beginning my career 40 years ago, I have to agree with Eugene that psychotherapists are not much help with problems while on the path. They have no map and do not know the terrain from their personal experience. I just proved that this afternoon while on a first and last date with a therapist. I was explaining someone's behavior in very simple astrology trait terms and I could see by her expression that I had lost her. So I had to dummy down and speak in psychological terms. Check please! It was a very quick lunch, lol.

However, there are a series of books written by the only enlightened psychiatrist that I know of, David Hawkins, MD. His own story is amazing and his writings are fascinating. He claims to be able to tell what level of consciousness you are at just by doing muscle testing. And he describes people's behaviors in terms of his consciousness scale. Makes for great reading. He is able to back test to determine consciousness levels of historical figures such as Buddha, Jesus, etc.

• Like 2

Today I really enjoyed Osho' book about Tao. I have mp3 audio book and listen it while walking. So enjoyable, so accurate psychology of the Path. I just was confused recently in my life and it what made me tensed. And this BOOK is just like answers to my questions. I have no teacher. It was like WOW effect. No any normal psychotherapist would tell you THIS. It sounds like antisocial psychology and if you tell it somebody they call doctor for you. He he.

BTW I found it different from CC. CC is much power seeker. That's I do not like in it. Much fighting. Osho says of no-action. Tao.

That's the point.

I liked reading CC years ago but now I am different in my mind. Osho is more Chan' master. CC was power seeker and finished not very good. IMO

i did read Carlos Castaneda years ago. Then I met a Quaker (I am one) who had done a good deal of work with and practical service for Yaqi indians a long discussion with him led me to understand that many Yaqi considered CC to be less interested in them and more interested in advancing a white agenda. I can not really support this idea at this time since that was 25 years ago at a Friends Conference. It is true that many anglo's mis represent native american society for their own purposes. As to the dream world, mine are mostly un-exciting mundane sort of things especially when i am stressed or anxious. So I have limited 'experience' that is interesting sigh ...

FP practice : for two days my wife and I baby sat for our year old grandson. Talk about energy! I did manage to keep up and to keep him occupied. I attribute FP with giving me the real time energy to take on this sort of task and leave me with good energy at the end.

Meanwhile I am at day 59 in the 100 day program and feeling a good deal of renewal The practice is very rewarding spiritually, energetically and emotionally for this old geezer!!

I am recommending it to a friend who may have some sciatica. I hope he will see a TCM / accupunctrist in conjunction with expanding his practice of Tai ji and some FP ...

• Like 1

Eugene - If you like Osho then I suggest you continue reading more on Taoism and Zen, as both practices provide a means to peace through stillness. Osho was a gifted writer/speaker, however his personal life gives me pause. Also, Osho was very critical of Gandhi, and if you look at the lives of the two and what they contributed to humanity, well, there is no comparison. Still, there is much to be gleaned from Osho. That said, I have learned much from CC. Along my path towards peace and tranquility, as I mentioned above in my earlier post I have encountered some "negative energies" along the way, and if this happens to you I can promise Don Juan's analogies to becoming a warrior become very appropriate. That said, I respect your path and always enjoy your posts. Lloyd

Riding - regarding Don Juan Matus, I believe it's been established that his learning in sorcery was not in the tradition of the Yaqui. He was taught his craft independently. Similar to you and I practice qigong, though it is not in any American/European tradition. As far as FP allowing you to keep up with your grandson....that's good news because I'll have my first grand daughter come September. ;-). Also I am delighted to hear updates from your 100 day practice. As you probably know I did one of those about 18 months ago and it was very trying, but also awesome and extremely healing. I'm considering starting another 100 consecutive day FP journey, and our posts motivate me. And finally, I wish I shared your experience of mundane dreams. Without going into details, mine are too much on the other end of the spectrum and I have had to deploy some techniques to protect my dream state peace. Again, please keep us posted on your 100 days. Lloyd

She will just have to wait in line with the rest of them, I guess. LOL!

But now I do wonder just how much FP practice it would take to pull that off?

I bet Sifu Terry could drawn her in.

Ah, Steve,

You flatter me boku...actually I've never thought of actively projecting the FP healing energy's aura to attract members of the opposite sex. Looking back after practicing authentic systems of neikung such as Tao Tan Pai system for 35 years, and then Flying Phoenix Chi Kung for about 23 years, I recall that realized at various points along the way their truly transformative effects. The energy cultivated by FP Chi Kung becomes one. It is one's being, so that you don't really have to think about its magnetically healing effects. It's just works on its own, and, as I've described, oftentimes spontaneously. You know the saying, "shit happens"? Well, with proper training and over not even a very long term, the FP Healing Energy permeating one's being--if one has the will and heart for it--will shift one's karma to: "healing encounters happen all the time."

Actually--and I attribute the encounter more to my lifestyle and to living in Los Angeles since I was 6 yrs old than anything else--I did "attract" Angelina Jolie in the early 2002--if you want to call it that: I took my ex-girlfriend's 9-year son Pierre to the trendy Century City Mall to buy him additions to his Pokemon cards and accessories...and after he completed his shopping spree, I bought him lunch at the food court, which back then was along the Santa Monica Blvd. side of the mall and was simply big square hall with communal long benches and tables with a bunch of decent-quality fast-food restaurants lining the perimeter (California Crisp, Johnny Rockets, Kelly's Fudge, etc.). After 5 minutes into our lunch, a very non-descript Angelina Jolie in a white tshirt and jeans and no make-up sat down next to me on my left and opposite her sat a girlfriend. At first I didn't recognize her because her hair was light brown with dark blonde highlights (and I guess I was used to seeing her with darker hair). She had a very nice and pleasant ambience about her and not an ounce of affectation. She did not beam or project celebrity at all (which any successful actor can do), but rather was in incognito mode. And no one recognized her; no one came up to her for an autograph. When i recognized her I said: "Ms. Jolie, I enjoy your work very much. You're very beautiful." She simply smiled and said "Thank you very much." And we turned back to our respective lunch partners. My 9-year old friend didn't know who see was and of course didn't care past his new Pokemon acquisitions.

That encounter was the most impressive real-life demonstration I've experienced of someone's ability to make herself "invisible", so that absolutely no one recognized her. Remembering how I recognized her: it took me a few seconds to do a double-take and recognize her after feeling that her energy or "vibe" was generally pleasant and kind. That part of her being caused me to look again-- not her physical features, which were purposely dressed own. So I can say here that one of the supreme benefits of FP Chi Kung cultivation is that you will easily know and better intuitively see the truth of a person--to the extent of seeing through disguise.

I recall that in one or more of Castaneda's books, there is some mention of becoming invisible...I think in terms of "being inaccessible".

But back to your and Shiva Shakti's interest to further your sex appeal and fill up your social calendars by "drawing in" members of the opposite sex with FP Healing Energy. i would say:

"Redouble your FP Qigong practice, get out there, and knock yourselves out!"

We all have our motivations to practice Qigong, so why not enjoy this wonderful side effect that you're now clearly aware of? And recall that early on in this thread I told of GMDW's encouragement to our group in the 1990's to not worry about sexual abstinence while training (and I contrasted this with Tao Tan Pai neikung, which requires strict celibacy during the initial practice of one fo its advanced exercises).

At this point in my life, because of my teaching and business obligations, not to mention a long-running legal battle, I am relatively passive when it comes to "hooking up", as the kids say these days. Given the deeper awareness/ higher states of consciousness, the activation of the higher chakras, and trebling effect (at minimum) on my energy level, intensification of auric effects cultivated by my practice of five internal systems (including FP Chi Kung) over the past 40 years, my passive projection for "Ms. Right" is probably stronger than a non-practitioner's active projection. Such is the value of genuine Chi Kung training plus living right.

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

FP practice : for two days my wife and I baby sat for our year old grandson. Talk about energy! I did manage to keep up and to keep him occupied. I attribute FP with giving me the real time energy to take on this sort of task and leave me with good energy at the end.

Meanwhile I am at day 59 in the 100 day program and feeling a good deal of renewal The practice is very rewarding spiritually, energetically and emotionally for this old geezer!!

I am recommending it to a friend who may have some sciatica. I hope he will see a TCM / accupunctrist in conjunction with expanding his practice of Tai ji and some FP ...

Hi Charlie,

I'm glad to hear that you're benefiting from FP Chi Kung's energy contributiion to your lifestyle and the better handling of challenging, energetic tasks!

Congrats on being past the half-way point of your 100-day FP practice. I'm thrilled that you and Fu_doggy and several others have taken up 100 days of practice without any prompting from me. It's a great way to experience and pinpoint the benefits of FP Chi Kung...to know with certainty its unique energizing and rejuvenating effects.

Keep up your great practice and hope see you in LA on your next trip to Redlands.

Best,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear

Eugene - If you like Osho then I suggest you continue reading more on Taoism and Zen, as both practices provide a means to peace through stillness. Osho was a gifted writer/speaker, however his personal life gives me pause. Also, Osho was very critical of Gandhi, and if you look at the lives of the two and what they contributed to humanity, well, there is no comparison. Still, there is much to be gleaned from Osho. That said, I have learned much from CC. Along my path towards peace and tranquility, as I mentioned above in my earlier post I have encountered some "negative energies" along the way, and if this happens to you I can promise Don Juan's analogies to becoming a warrior become very appropriate. That said, I respect your path and always enjoy your posts. Lloyd

Hi Lloyd,

I'm in agreement with you with regards to Osho--aka, Rajneesh, btw, for those subscribers who were too young to see or had otherwise forgotten about the CBS 60 Minutes tv documentary and other news in 1984. Rajneesh wrote ok about spirituality in the Indian tradition. But as you know, rajneesh one of more pernicious cult leaders in America during the 1980's--after he and many of his top managers of the Dalles commune were prosecuted for attempting to poison the whole population of Dalles, Oregon in order to incapacitate everyone so that they could steal the local elections.

I personally was acquainted with about a dozen "orange people" in the Los Angeles are during that era (early 80's) and can say that they all eventually realized that they were victimized by his cult's manipulations and they all suffered on many levels for years afterwards over being spiritually gullible and then being totally, totally dissillusioned when high crimes were committed. One was a beautiful and smart Ukrainian girl who got her M.D. and psychiatric training at UCLA, whose name I won't mention. Another was the secretary in my office at Compuserve who sold all her and her boyfirend's belongings and gave the cult $40,000 in 1983 for the privilege of moving to the commune in the Dalles, Oregon.

In the mid 80's, at the NuArt Theatre here in West L.A., I also saw an incredible documentary called "Ashram" about the Rajsneesh commune and its activities that was directed by a German film-maker who was also follower/commune member. But as he was editing the film, the filmmaker realized what he had documented and quickly divorced himself from the commune and the film became the ultimate hit-piece condemning the cult. I distinctly remember that it showed "therapeutic encounters" with naked commune members sitting cross-legged across from each other doing nothing but playing "paddy cakes"; a supervised group therapy session in a tent that turned into a melee where participants beat and assaulted each other and a woman was raped; plus, absolutely the worst and scariest Tai Chi I have ever seen in my life-- led by the cult's resident psychiatrist who was completely wooden in every movement and whose megalomania and control-freakishness was clearly evident in his posture and eyes. I shuddered and turned to my kung-fu teacher who saw this with me and we agreed, "one of the most dangerous persons I've ever seen." A truly diabolical and contemptible mo-fucker whose nasty loathing of people was barely contained under his arrogant countenance. This resident psychiatrist gave creedence to the saying: "when the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro." If you can find it, I highly, highly recommend seeing this film "Ashram" as one of the very best studies of cult phenomenon. Unfortunately, this film is very, very hard--if not possible impossible--to find, because Rajneesh's organization used all its resources to suppress it after it was released theatrically back in the 80's. (I didn't find it or any portions on Youtube.) The classic scene in this film, which I had alluded to early in the thread with respect to the importance of straight back and neck posture in meditation (and slightly hooked forward at the neck so as to conform to a Tibetan character), was when Rajneesh was "initiating" a follower during a loud, senses-overriding ritual in the commune's temple-- with drumming, chanting, incense burning, and then Rajneesh vigorously grinding his thumb downward on the third-eye area of this poor woman who is on her knees with her head completely tilted backwards. That's equivalent to what's known as a shock-induction in hypnosis. And it is commonly used in brain-washing. You do that to someone who believes your schtick that you are the god-sent guru to lead him/her to utopia...and he/she is all yours. wow. Very few images in film have stuck in my mind like that one.

The CBS 60 Minutes special on Rajneesh was also fascinating but not as much as the film for it documented but didn't indict. It showed Rajneesh sitting behind the raised glass of one of his sixteen (16) Rolls Royces kept at the Dalles commune, with an intensely angry scowl on his face as he drove by hundreds of his adoring and revering followers lined up on the roadside. At the moment I grokked this so-called guru's psychological hook into so many of his followers: with his anger and distance, he kept all his followers deeply hooked with that type of emotionally cruel, absent-father lack-of-closure. Most of his followers were well-educated and affluent Americans and western Europeans. (Of course, as in all cults, many of members joined the movement in order to transition themselves out of their traditional family systems...statistics show that 93% of cult members leave their cults after approximately 2 years.)

At any rate, the shit hit the fan in 1985 when a bioterrorism attack on The Dalles, Oregon (the most serious in American history, I believe) was traced to Rajneesh's cult and its plan to incapacitate the local population (by placing salmonella bacteria at ten salad bars and other businesses in the town and on the door handles and surfaces at public buildings (including the Wasco County Courthouse) so that Rajneesh's candidates could win the local elections. Needless to say, when this plot hit and 751 people were hospitalized (many violently ill from the salmonella poisoning), local and federal law enforcement swept in, investigated the bacterial contamination, found its source, and immediately and took down the commune, prosecuted and imprisoned the henchmen/women, and had Rajneesh deported. He died in India a few years later. [btw, to the best of my knowledge, the name "Osho" only appeared on his republished books in the U.S. several years after Rajneesh died by whoever got control of his writings in India. I remember seeing one of his republished books in the early or mid 90's at new book island at the Bodhi Tree Bookstore in L.A. and then was surprised to see Rajneesh's photo on the inside cover.]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Rajneeshee_bioterror_attack

**Make sure you read the article closely, especially the sections titled "Investigation" and "Prosecution".**

And then read this other thoroughly fact-checked article about Rajneesh's secretary henchwoman who served 29 months in federal prison for assault, attempted murder, wire-tapping, product-tampering...for her part of the poisoning campaign:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma_Anand_Sheela

This 8-minute short on Youtube tells the basic story of the rise and fall of Rajneesh's commune, but it doesn't vividly show the real workings of the cult process that the "Ashram" film does.

Since it's come up on this thread, I post the articles and youtube clip as a public service.

Best to all,

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Thanks 1

Sifu Terry,

When I read about lucid dreaming I always associate it to the experience of witnessing which is having some degree of pure consciousness where the thinking part of the mind is declutched from consciousness and you are observing. It is an experience that is hard for me to put in words. I have had this in the waking state when initiated in Patanjali's yoga sutras with the missing secret simple technique that was restored by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi so that the sutras could then work. I also had this witnessing awareness once after sleeping in my pyramid tent in 1976. A plastic tent creating with the dimensions of the Pyramid of Giza but obviously scaled down! I would emit blue energy from my finger tips while in the tent with all of that chi. And when my dog was in there while I meditated I knew exactly where she was when walking around bc I could feel her energy field touching my energy field and when I opened my eyes I could see a blue aura around her paws when she walked. Anyway, one morning I was watching my brain wake up while I was asleep but sitll aware. So I think this is akin to lucid dreaming but I was not dreaming at all. If the witnessing state remains 24/7 and is permanent, in TM system this is called the first stage of Enlightenment known as Cosmic Consciousness. Lucid dreaming is brought on by doing things to make it happen, witnessing comes from purification of the nervous system thru deep meditation and it cannot be brought on by doing anything to make it happen. So there are obvious differences. Your mentor then is living?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Being aware of one's surroundings while deep asleep is akin to lucid dreaming. Dreaming one's "double" as described in Castaneda's books is part of his-- if not the Yaqui-- art of dreaming. Another way of describing it is being aware of one's astral body while it is traveling outside of one's body. Starting in the late 70's, while practicing Tan Tan Pai neikung and using Castaneda's prescribed methods, I developed some degree of skyring (visiting and seeing people at long distances that I had focussed on as I was falling asleep) and lucid dreaming, which included the ability to stop a dream once I felt enough work was done, and then finding my sleeping body again and re-entering it. The dreambody lucidly re-entering the physical body was at first a big, deep, soft jolt of an experience.

Lucid dreaming is brought on by doing things to make it happen,

--Yes, one can practice at it until one becomes adept at it.

And yes, cosmic consciousness is a state of being attained by meditation, or accident, or genetic gift or highly evolved good karma and spiritual calling and has nothing to do with lucid dreaming.

My alchemy mentor is my best friend and yes, he is alive. He also happens to be 10 years younger than me...and several incarnations wiser.

Best,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear

Hi Sifu Terry,

I think I have found part of the movie you are reffering to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4e6wDDFm-_A

at 9:51, you can watch the initiation.

Thank you

Best wishes

Hi Bubbles,

No, this is not the section from the film, Ashram. That film depicted a similar "group therapy" session that took place in a large tent at the Dalles commune. This was shot I believe at rajneesh's center in Poona India. It is similar in content. total bedlam labeled as therapy.

Sifu Terry

Sorry, my mistake.

I first thought it could have been Ashram renamed on youtube before I saw it was a Swiss documentary. Seeing Rajneesh grinding his thumb on the forehead on his followers at 9:51, I prematurely took it that it was the right movie.

• Like 1

Sorry, my mistake.

I first thought it could have been Ashram renamed on youtube before I saw it was a Swiss documentary. Seeing Rajneesh grinding his thumb on the forehead on his followers at 9:51, I prematurely took it that it was the right movie.

No problem, Bubbles!

Actually the footage at 10:20 where he's grinding the 3rd eyes of two women at once is close to what's depicted in the Ashram film. There's very, very interesting footage in this film footage nonetheless. I'm going to bookmark it and view it again later.

Just remember: if you intend heal someone with the FP energy, and want to put it through the third eye, be sure to keep the subject's spine and neck straight. (The subject can be seated upright or lying supine.)

Thanks for posting.

Best,

Sifu Terry

Here is the nice review on Osho' book Tao The Pathless Path:

http://www.amazon.com/Tao-Pathless-Path-Osho/dp/1580632254

Rajneesh was a rather polarizing guru. People seem to have either loved him or hated him. Personally, I am not the personality cult type. I don't mean that in a pejorative sense. It is just that I feel the Wizard, the Guru, the Priest, etc., can't give me anything I don't already have. A guru can tell me how to wake up, but only I can open my eyes. All I know for certain where Osho is concerned is that my awareness seems to increase every time I read one of his books. I have epiphanies. I do not believe a person has to be a saint before they can be of spiritual help to others.

In my opinion Osho's musings are a concentrated dose of reality, a lightning bolt of spiritual insight, a slap across the face of our group amnesia, and yet he usually manages to leave the reader with a word of encouragement where our place in reality is concerned. I may have read somewhere that Osho was a designated walker in a world full of sleepwalkers. Some people definitely loved him. It seems to me that we often find the best face of a person in their writings. Writing tends to focus one's thoughts. Writing can be a window into a person's soul. Of course, the proof is in the pudding. We know a person's heart by their fruit, not by their words. Love is the gravity of metaphysics.

A spiritual rebel Osho pulled no punches where orthodox thinking is concerned. I am reminded of Morpheus in the movie "The Matrix". He wanted us to take the "Red Pill". To wake up and disconnect ourselves from the Matrix of self-deception. To free us from the nightmare world of separation from the whole of existence. To realize that we, like "Neo", are the "One", an inseparable part of the whole. To trust in the Providence of Nature and not in the self-serving machinations of so-called leaders and experts who are themselves lost in a maze of their own devices. To be free to take responsibility for and control of our own lives by simply letting go and following the grain of reality. To be awake. Aware of the process of our awareness.

People like it. Yes, we can tell a lot about his personality, how he was good and bad. But this is his vision of Tao. One does need to read thoroughly his books. He discerned personality as Ego, only Ego can be good or bad. But the essence is always the same. This is diff from western mind philosophy. As I mentioned before if you tell this someone else on the street they will think you are going nuts and call a doctor. I personally do not care his personality and can agree with the reviewer above stating that "A spiritual rebel Osho pulled no punches where orthodox thinking is concerned. I am reminded of Morpheus in the movie "The Matrix". He wanted us to take the "Red Pill". To wake up and disconnect ourselves from the Matrix of self-deception. To free us from the nightmare world of separation from the whole of existence".

You can watch BBC documentary about C. Castaneda where it is said almost the same about him that he is liar and cult guru.

And then regard all his books from this point of view. And where it will lead us?

Only I can say I listened to his audio book Tao The Three Treasures and really enjoyed it. Here is one excerpt from the book:

You cannot be somebody, because that is not possible in the nature of things, you can only be nobody. But there is nothing wrong in being nobody, in fact the moment you except your nobodyness, immediately bliss starts flowing from you in all directions because misery disappears. Misery is the shadow of the ego, shadow of the ambitious mind. Misery means you are doing something impossible and because you are failing in it you are miserable. You are doing something unnatural, trying to do it and failing. Fell frustrated, miserable. Hell is nothing but the end result of an impossible, unnatural effort. Heaven is nothing but to be natural. You are nobody, you are born as a nobodyness, with no name, no farm. You will die as a nobody, name and farm are just on the surface, deep down you are just a vast space and it is beautiful. Because if you are somebody you will be limited. It is good that a god doesn't allow anybody to be somebody, if you are somebody you will be finite, limited. You will be an impresent being. No, god does not allow that, he gives you the freedom of nobodyness, infinite, no ending. The very effort that you want to be somebody is creating trouble, and when you try to be somebody you can not love. An ambitious mind cannot love, it is impossible, because he has to first fill his ambition, he has to sacrifice everything for it, he will go on sacrificing his love. Look at ambitious people, if they are after money, they always postpone love. Tomorrow when they have accumulated allot of money then they will be in love. Right now it is not possible, it is not practical, right now they cannot afford it. Love is a relaxation, and they are running for something to achieve, a goal. Maybe it is money, power, prestige, politics. How can they love now? They cannot be here and now, and love is a phenomena of here and now. Love is just only in the present, ambition exists in the future, love and ambition never meet. You cannot love, and if you cannot love how can you be loved by anybody else. Love is a deep communion of being, who are ready to be together, this moment, not tomorrow. Who are ready to be total in this moment and forget all past and futures. Love is a forgetfulness of the past and the future and a remembrance of this moment, this throbbing moment, this alive moment. Love is the truth of the moment.

This "to be nobody" is the same as CC's not to be self - important but from diff perspective. And in more clear way to understand it personally for me

To each his own in terms of authors one chooses to read. For me, knowing Osho used spirituality for manipulation, worldly power and personal gain is a turn off. As the Bible says in the book of Mathew, "By their fruit ye shall know them." There are so many others who have written words to live by, and actually live their lives by those same words.

Edited by Fu_doggy

Eugene: Wow, that sample from Tao, the 3 Treasures is pretty amazing since it resembles the experiences of people recently achieving Awakening in the Oneness Movement. They report that the small self is gone, the sense of being an isolated, separate individual. They also experience they are in the moment. So kudos to CC and kudos to you for finding this writing and sharing it.

And to Sifu Terry I would ask if we are expecting too much from FP to give us this state of Awakening? If so, do you know of any Taoist method which is accessable to us for this since the Oneness Meditation energy is working for my friends but not for me.

I also want to comment on the astral traveling that you described doing. I recently took level 2 of Ama Deus energy healing from the Amazon Rain forest tradition in Brazil. One of the methods we were taught is for visiting others while we sleep. I keep forgetting to try it bc I fall asleep. :closedeyes:

Steve

• Like 1

Lloyd, were you witness how Rajnish poisoned people and manipulate people?

My example with CC was that mass media mixes up often white and black. Watch documentary about CC and you will not have desire even to open his books. Such people are danger for society. Often authorities use dirty tricks against them. Good example is drama of 11/09. There are few diff perspectives on it.

How do you know others are spiritual? Only because they saying sweet things? For some yogis people Dalai Lama is saint but for another is just talk man

Edited by Eugene

No problem, Bubbles!

Actually the footage at 10:20 where he's grinding the 3rd eyes of two women at once is close to what's depicted in the Ashram film. There's very, very interesting footage in this film footage nonetheless. I'm going to bookmark it and view it again later.

Just remember: if you intend heal someone with the FP energy, and want to put it through the third eye, be sure to keep the subject's spine and neck straight. (The subject can be seated upright or lying supine.)

Thanks for posting.

Best,

Sifu Terry

Hi Sifu Terry

Thanks for your words.

As for the reminder about healing with the FP energy, I am far away from being able heal anyone with FP energy. If someday it happens, I will take it as a gift from Sifu (you) and a grace from the triune God.

Best wishes and Happy Pentecost

• Like 2

Steve, read the whole book! This is good for the idea of not expecting anything from practice/meditation/method/guru/path.

Tao is pathless path.

Eugene - let's just say we both have an opinion on Osho.

My next few posts will be on....Flying Phoenix.

OK, as promised, here's an interesting FP observation, which happened for the first time just this morning.

I did a morning practice including an advanced seated form. During this form, time seemed to compress, or perhaps I should say warp. I can honestly say I have never practiced FP where I simply had no measure of time. I was fully aware and "lucid", however, my conception of time during this seated form simply dissipated. I honestly lost any cognition of how fast I was moving my hands during the form.....could not tell if I was moving more slowly than normal, at the same speed as normal or faster than normal. I was practicing in silence, so there was no external audio measure of time, and quite frankly everything outside of the practice of the form itself faded into nothingness, so that all that existed was the meditation of the FP form itself.

During this state of being while doing the form, I had the awareness that the only way I would get a handle on the passage of time would be to finish the form and look at the clock, to see how long I had been doing it.

To my surprise, it turns out 25 minutes had passed while doing the form....so I had done it relatively quickly. Normally this from takes me 40 to 45 minutes to complete.

I share this with the board only as an observation. FP can take one to supernormal states of reality, and I was fortunate to have the experience just described this morning.

Good practicing,

Lloyd

• Like 1