Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Work more on the basic "warm up" move in a slow motion which cause

you stress and "sigh" it out, adjust the speed to cause this stress, you need to play your body as if

it is a music instrument

To cause more stress? Cause means "to make" "inflict". This is not taichi actually. I did taichi long form before but gave it up as I was not sure I did it right as my teacher took few classes before and I lost motivation as no real master could chek my motions.

In BTB and WAC there is some stress for the body as I am really going down and it is some stress for hips. It is not so enjoyable as taichi dance.

I have got Bak Fu Sunn Yee Gung 2 levels and will add more seated meds for stress elimination.

May be will come back to taichi but thinking to start doing vol. 3 which akin to taichi motions. But no one can check me out.

The Stress is stored in the energfields and the right speed and force release this stress.

It cause you stress, because it makes you aware you have it.

What is the right speed? Which mediation you are talking? Do it slower?

It causes stress or eliminates? I think you are confused in some english words

It is not the mass that counts but the refinement of basic movements . Other techniques have their own stress elimination.

But the one you get by doing FB have to be released by doing FB.

It is the same energy within BFP. Vol.3 is soft motions which are good for stress elimination.

Vol.1 of SYG working with stress elimination too. But in slightly different mode.

I explained why I can not really ENJOY some movements in FP. For me it is really going through some stress and I am trying to do slow. What is wrong there excatly?

The right speed is the speed you can carry the FB Energy.... well can you actually feel it when you carry it or not?

I still do not understand what is the right speed. Terry Dunn says speed should be as slow as possible akin to shifting dune.

I start feeling something very subtle in seated meds. But not in standing.

That is why may be it is better to work more with seated ones. Standing ones is some challenge for me as you call it "causes stress". I mean BTB and WAC really inflict some stress to hips BUT i think this is where this healing energy appears from. And I feel some warmth and sometime sweat even it is quite cold here and if it were plus 20+ C at least I would be all sweat (sweet) :D

And I feel some subtle energy in standing ones but cant say it is something essential. It takes time and there is no overnight kung-fu.

It causes stress or eliminates? Well each movement cause stress. In the moment you cause it to appear you can eliminate it.

I am not sure I get it right. Yes there is always SOME stress even in first standing but more for mind to stay still but this is where this stress is eliminated if to stay relaxed. I cant say to what extent it should be relaxed as trying to relax causes stress. I just keep standing and concentrate on the feelings of the body and just trying to enjoy and no thinking how it is difficult. But in no way I am trying to cause stress for the purpose. The movements cause some stress for itself as they where structured. Alchemy is in movement but we need just do it right

Edited by Eugene

Smooth out the squares bro, plus your Ma Bu (Horse) isnt BFP horse so this also makes a huge difference in your movement!

Friend, love to see you do a clip?

Thanks for giving it a go Eugene, hope more will show there FP cause it shows where they are at, and sifu terry can help you all.

• Like 1

Find soong (Sung) in your whole body in every movement, everyday we gonna have tension, just relax and find that tension, release and find soong. Too slow as a beginner can cause u to tense up, find your speed that allows u to remain soong and in the zone.

• Like 3

Oh, you dont need to show me a clip, its for the FP group & Sifu Terry, since you giving advice and kind of think you understand it, Im curious to see how you move and who you are? :)

Some of your information is very correct on it, so im guessing we know of each other, cause I dont know your name only as friend. Are you learning it from Sifu Terry's DVDs?

Smooth out the squares bro, plus your Ma Bu (Horse) isnt BFP horse so this also makes a huge difference in your movement!

I was considering smoothing it. Yes, it might should not be so much low! And then I will enjoy it more. But we have to listen to what our major expert will say on it here :)

• Like 1

Yes, I learned it from the DVD and I did Vol.1-5. I mostly was on volume 2 because I started with it and expirienced the effects

the breathing percentange had and what this exercise did without. I exercised and open breathing space with this exercise

and notice build up structure. Using skills I developed out when I was in Chronic Fatique I could sense blockages and how the energy was go through the body like through waterhose which are pressed from outside. I stick mostly to one exercise and

this took long enough until I was satiedfied.

With each exercise added I needed less time to make the exercise mine.

With each exercise one structure was added and maintain permantely. I found that the warm up are very very important since the later movements are combination of these. Still the 50-40-30-20-10 I found is the most effective with only a static posture able to be performed seated, stand and lay down but actually directly cultivate the energy while the movement with cultivation of this energy

is building structure. (I even come to conclusion that this still give a decent cultivation even I start to feel less improvement with movement)

I started with extrem slow speed, because this energy is slow and the hands where often not in union with energy. So I had to adjust the speed, sometimes slower, sometimes faster but gain speed to move it faster and faster without losing

the energy. At time even the range was smaller than in the DVD because there was not that allow bigger movements.

On those part I used more time and repeat and repeat. I ended up with the Long Form which let the energy flow like water.

Later revisited and further Qigong. I recocnize "noise" and stress causes by movements. By trying different speed even it is reduce

only minimal or speed up minimal the breathing tensed up and even in the motion there was a slight jerk. Repetition

cause to yawn, sigh, gulp cough and with overcoming this the body felt as if the pipe getting bigger and flow more still and smooth.

Performing one Breathing Percentage cause a "specific state of frequency" and caused from my awareness observed

also specific temporary blockage (it is like a from outside pressed together tube than a tension) which with time of exercise are filled up and dissolve. (Still far from a caliber exercising 20 years and having the upper levels)

So I did have made my expirience with FB. I found the clips of the advance FB here and found that still this mechanism hasnt worn

down, since they react to the clips - even I havent practised for a long time because I practise Stillness Movement Qigong as my

main system.

You know that I hold you two Sifus having good stuff. I like especially the Golden Mantis which is really an eye opener to forward such and impressive advance form, still one has to follow one system as good as one can.Still I am looking around since it is fun to

see what others have.

Now I see Eugene wants to fasten up and shares to him my expirience which are some grain of sand at least and I have the feeling he takes a bit from this sand, again I see from my perspective that he is at some points rush through the system and was nagging

and seem a bit discourage about the effect of FB until lately. Else you know yourself advice are like a punch direct in the face.

Else I found it very important to work on the warm ups and smooth them out. If Dunn Sifu think I should stop sharing expirience

which sound like advice then I accept it and do so.

thanks for the info Friend

Well I was not nagging about FP. I just had experience with iron shirt chikung before which I did for some 2 years and taichi with one experienced man and even he had eye on me he had been correcting me for all that time and I just was saying here that it is better to have live teacher and as you can see what is challenge to do chikung without corrections. And may be I was impatient a bit. And there is bunch of another chikung systems and I was thinking what to choose. I watched Sifu Terry's DVD and it was like WOW thats what I need! I dont see this energy but it has good feeling even from DVD and I can see nice aura around Sifu even on DVD. And it is good that we have chance to share our practice more closely. I appreciate your advises and wish to help to others, Friend. Fasten up? I did vol.2 meds 2-3 times a day and vol.1 once a day or two days. And yes I did it sometime too fast and only last days I do it slower and more aware in seated and can feel more benefits. As for vol.1 I will do more warm up exerc. but still cant get you what speed should be in BTB and WAC - slower, faster? I wanted to read again what you wrote above but you deleted your posts. I want to come back to this:

It causes stress or eliminates? Well each movement cause stress. In the moment you cause it to appear you can eliminate it.

How to cause this stress? May bee you want to say to fo it slower, softer like taichi and more aware?

I said to you that it is challenge to do very slow in BTB and WAC as there is stress for hips and doing it slower will inflict more stress and then I will not enjoy it. As WBBM says:Too slow as a beginner can cause u to tense up, find your speed that allows u to remain soong and in the zone.

OK may be I concentrate more on static meds from vol.1 and on some of vol.2 with much awareness to build up the qi awareness. Also considering BFSYG vol.1 seated meds as you said it is good for calming down and relaxation.

Edited by Eugene

I was considering smoothing it. Yes, it might should not be so much low! And then I will enjoy it more. But we have to listen to what our major expert will say on it here :)

Hello Eugene,

Thanks for posting the video clip of your practice. Next time (if you do it again [and this is to all subscribers who want to post video of their practice]: please include your feet in the video frame). It is important for Sifu Hearfield and myself to see your entire body. And do the mandatory breath-control sequences in your video-recorded demo's because you will feel better and move better. (GM Doo Wai could do only the movements of the FP and other meditations without the breathing but you beginners cannot.)

Sifu Garry is correct: your up and down movement through the horse stance needs "smoothing"; the vertical movement of the body should be at a slow, constant speed, not jerky in any way--but that comes with regular practice. The major error in your practice of Bending The Bows is that your arm-straightening downward with palms lowering on both parts of the exercise are not in sync with the straightening of your legs. Your legs are straightening (you are rising upward out of the hrose stance) ahead of your arms straightening downward on both first and second halves of the exercise). Many beginning practitioners do not have this correct synchronization of arms and legs in BTB, so don't feel like you're doing poorly or infer anything to the negative. It's a common error. But it does take concentration, will power and self-awareness to correct it because your are reprogramming your subconscious tendencies through this Qigong. It will require practicing with eyes open in front of the mirror to check yourself. If you make the adjustments and the synchronization correct, the BTB mediation will impart far more benefits to you.

Good luck with your training.

Best,

Sifu Terry

http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

To the Flying Phoenix community of practitioners, enthusiasts, and casual observers, and curious do-drop-inners:

I had written this at the tail end of my reply to Eugene's practice video, but decided to make this a separate post because I wanted to explain why I said to Eugene that it was important for him to include in video frame his entire body so that both Sifu Hearfield and I could see his entire body:

Sifu Garry Hearfield has mastered so much of GM Doo Wai's highest kung-fu arts (Omei Bak Mei and Tibetan Burning Palm system [and is the sole preserver of these arts], as well as Bok Fu Pai Kung Fu--on top of his certified mastery of Yau Kang Mun Kung Fu) that he understands all the general and universal requisites and standards of practice of all the internal arts under the Doo Wai Family's Bok Fu Pai "umbrella." And while Sifu Garry has not practiced FP Chi Kung as long as I have and may not know the details and nuances behind the practice of each of the Flying Phoenix Meditations, he is more than qualified to comment on the general form and focus of an FP Practitioner for he can "see" any type of correct energy movement.

And in second place (with far less training, as a matter of fact)-- in being qualified to give guidance and advice on the basic level practice FP Chi Kung, and especially on the basic seated Monk Serves Wine meditations--is "Fu_Dog" (Lloyd) who we all owe a debt of thanks to for starting this thread about 3.5 years ago! Fu_dog has come from his home in Orlando, FL and taken private lessons with me in Los Angeles and his Basic Level FP practice is solid, which has also been proven by his technically correct and pointed advice given in his helpful and encouraging posts in response to questions posted by others. As I've stated several times, Fu_Dog has often taken the words right out of my mouth in replying to others' questions. Great Job, Lloyd--and thank you! And I also want to acknowledge and thank again "ridingtheox" (Charlie, our 71 year old rancher in Eastern Arizona) who is quite qualified to explain the effects of the capstone Standing Long Form Meditation taught on Volume 4, for he was able to "grok" this exercise almost immediately because he had some 20+ yearsrs of Tai Chi experience.

Those of you who are interested in learning the complete Fei Feng Sunn Gung (Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditation system) are welcome to consult with me either in person in Los Angeles or via Skype to work towards an instructor's certification, which, of course, is not a short-term endeavor, and which will have standards that my Si-hing, Sifu Hearfield, will help me set.

Best to all,

Sifu Terry

• Like 2

Thank your for posting your detailed experience in learning the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung from the basic DVD series. It is certainly not for me to say if anyone should or should not post their bona fide experiences with Flying Phoenix Chi Kung on this thread--for I am not a moderator at TTB.

The primary purpose of this thread is for all to share their experiences of FP Chi Kung so that all can benefit and progress. Thus I absolutely encourage and welcome all to continue to post their training experiences, their thoughts on them and any training questions if they have. Thank you again for posting.

I will later respond to some of your comments in your post, Friend, when I have more time. But first, I wanted to make this statement separately.

Regards,

Sifu Terry

Friend, on 01 Apr 2013 - 16:27, said:

Yes, I learned it from the DVD and I did Vol.1-5. I mostly was on volume 2 because I started with it and expirienced the effects

the breathing percentange had and what this exercise did without. I exercised and open breathing space with this exercise

and notice build up structure. Using skills I developed out when I was in Chronic Fatique I could sense blockages and how the energy was go through the body like through waterhose which are pressed from outside. I stick mostly to one exercise and

this took long enough until I was satiedfied.

With each exercise added I needed less time to make the exercise mine.

With each exercise one structure was added and maintain permantely. I found that the warm up are very very important since the later movements are combination of these. Still the 50-40-30-20-10 I found is the most effective with only a static posture able to be performed seated, stand and lay down but actually directly cultivate the energy while the movement with cultivation of this energy

is building structure. (I even come to conclusion that this still give a decent cultivation even I start to feel less improvement with movement)

I started with extrem slow speed, because this energy is slow and the hands where often not in union with energy. So I had to adjust the speed, sometimes slower, sometimes faster but gain speed to move it faster and faster without losing

the energy. At time even the range was smaller than in the DVD because there was not that allow bigger movements.

On those part I used more time and repeat and repeat. I ended up with the Long Form which let the energy flow like water.

Later revisited and further Qigong. I recocnize "noise" and stress causes by movements. By trying different speed even it is reduce

only minimal or speed up minimal the breathing tensed up and even in the motion there was a slight jerk. Repetition

cause to yawn, sigh, gulp cough and with overcoming this the body felt as if the pipe getting bigger and flow more still and smooth.

Performing one Breathing Percentage cause a "specific state of frequency" and caused from my awareness observed

also specific temporary blockage (it is like a from outside pressed together tube than a tension) which with time of exercise are filled up and dissolve. (Still far from a caliber exercising 20 years and having the upper levels)

So I did have made my expirience with FB. I found the clips of the advance FB here and found that still this mechanism hasnt worn

down, since they react to the clips - even I havent practised for a long time because I practise Stillness Movement Qigong as my

main system.

You know that I hold you two Sifus having good stuff. I like especially the Golden Mantis which is really an eye opener to forward such and impressive advance form, still one has to follow one system as good as one can.Still I am looking around since it is fun to

see what others have.

Now I see Eugene wants to fasten up and shares to him my expirience which are some grain of sand at least and I have the feeling he takes a bit from this sand, again I see from my perspective that he is at some points rush through the system and was nagging

and seem a bit discourage about the effect of FB until lately. Else you know yourself advice are like a punch direct in the face.

Else I found it very important to work on the warm ups and smooth them out. If Dunn Sifu think I should stop sharing expirience

which sound like advice then I accept it and do so.

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

You said you did Volume 1 the one day and Volume 2 the other day. Now what I consider fast is that you do the whole volume....I can only say in my opinion that I did only do one exercise of the Volume for hours per day (I did not go and add exercise but monopolize...) and it was not the hours that counted but the time that is needed to reach the point the build up structure not try to go back to the status quo from before.

Last days I do normally vol.1 following by 2 meds from vol.2 (initial MGM + 90 50 40 30 10) and this is how I am going to proceed.

May be you are right that first thing is to build up the energy and open breath. I can actually breath 10 seconds now in and out. But not in moving ones. So I think it might be better for me to do static meds first. I'll be doing warm up and wuchi stance + 3 static from vol.1 following by 2 meds from vol.2 for couple of months. Sifu Gary says the same in the DVD that it is better to work with only one meditation for a month and then add next one. It makes the sense for me and your experience along with SivaShakti exp. does approve this theory