Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

What do you mean when you say Tangible results? What is it you expecting?

regards

Sifu Garry

I do not expect anything special but I can't say I have noticed any "energy flow" or any bliss during practice. Still have negative thoughts. Only may be I noticed I can eat less than normal before. And I drank alcohol sometime these months, sometime more than just "one beer". And I could not feel I was drunk, I could drink may be much and stay kind sober. Now I have started 100 program with no any toxic stuff, no sex and want to do it every day. I was asking myself what I can get from FPCK and had doubts about it, I gave it up 5 times and than started again next day or after 3 days.

Your system is slowly clearing the blockages, so because you are not a veteran on any Qigong

or Interal Martial Art that you dont see the effect because the awareness hasnt developed yet.to perceive

the effects.

In the past I used to drink much alcohol and some more strong "magic" stuff and I think it affected my kidneys. Doctor of TCM said I have some problem with it. And to much yang qi in liver

I do not expect anything special but I can't say I have noticed any "energy flow" or any bliss during practice. Still have negative thoughts. Only may be I noticed I can eat less than normal before. And I drank alcohol sometime these months, sometime more than just "one beer". And I could not feel I was drunk, I could drink may be much and stay kind sober. Now I have started 100 program with no any toxic stuff, no sex and want to do it every day. I was asking myself what I can get from FPCK and had doubts about it, I gave it up 5 times and than started again next day or after 3 days.

I have some of the same issues as you Eugene (ie liver/kidney problems from a not-so-healthy past). I don't know how long you've been practicing, but I believe FP, combined with abstaining from certain extreme behaviors, can really help you. (And in my opinion, completely abstaining from sex is probably an extreme behavior for you at this time... though I don't know you personally, forgive me if I assume too much.)

Based on what you say, however, I think it would be helpful to add some quiet sitting meditation to your practice (if you haven't already). It's a huge, huge step in your path when you overcome the mindset of expecting something to happen. The best way I know of to do this is Zazen. Just sit there for a short time not worrying about what experiences you're having/not having. This really carries over into your FPCK, from my experience.

My impression of FPCK is that it is primarily (or in the beginning stages at least) a qigong for health. Spiritual evolution will follow regular practice, but if you're not satisfied with the state of your mind, it wouldn't hurt to try something a little extra to first tame the mind. If you're worrying about the effects of the qigong, this will retard your growth. Please note, these are my opinions.

Edited by alleswasderfallist
  • Like 1

Heavenly healing means its an exercise that 1st is making you train everyday by moving your body 2nd your mind will be softer and more centred, 3rd energy Qi either will cultivate or clear negative energy which will promote a healthier happier person hence the Healing name. If you are more in tune with your energy and self it can also help understand your place in the universe hence heavenly or celestial. So you chose an art that you feel makes u happier and feel good, dont get attached to what it may or may not do for u when you training just train and enjoy it cause no matter what you do if u do not enjoy FP you will never reap the benefits so it must come 1st.

• Like 1

I have some of the same issues as you Eugene (ie liver/kidney problems from a not-so-healthy past). I don't know how long you've been practicing, but I believe FP, combined with abstaining from certain extreme behaviors, can really help you. (And in my opinion, completely abstaining from sex is probably an extreme behavior for you at this time... though I don't know you personally, forgive me if I assume too much.)

Well, my behaviors were not so extreme but it depends what to call "extreme". Yes, I was indulging much in taking toxic stuff but with periods of abstaining in it, and indulging in sex activity too, plus quite severe "karmic" issues in the past, I grew up and started my career in very poor country and even having good education I was working under big stress with very small wages for many years and plus personal karmic negativity in relation with other people. So I have entire bunch of reasons what weakened my energy level and created blockages in energy system. But my organs are quite strong, and problem is on more subtle level than physical. Kidneys are related to prenatal qi and affected by fear and liver is affected by toxic substances and anger (expressed or depressed within). I too hope that FPCK can help to surpass all this karmic issues. I just do it and do not really expect fast results but mentally I was in some doubts if it is really what I need and what can help... I wanted to mix it with other systems and there are many others healing chikungs where healing is just side-effect of cultivation qi. Any genuine taoist art will heal the person who practice it diligently. Because of cultivation prenatal qi. That where my queries about FPCK came up above. I just was not sure that I could learn complete system via DVDs. Of course I like the meditations in FPCK system, it seems to be very rare healing (cultivating qi) art otherwise I would not start to practice it. And I had some fear and expectations which I was not aware or may be still not completely aware with. I just have discovered few other complete systems and wanted to do both of them and monkey mind started playing games. Now I think better to concentrate on ONE system. I want to build good foundation in cultivation FPCK for some another 3-6 months and then add something else if I need it. I think to add some hatha yoga asanas which enhance liver and kidneys function but I am not sure if it really helps as it migh be working on more physical level. And as you can see there are many questions when you do not have teacher who you can talk often and who can deliver the complete system. Then I have to read a lot to find answers on my questions. And it already creates some tensions in mind. I just found teacher in place where I live and he teaches five element qigong (wuxing qogong) and taichi ruler and it seems to be complete system but I just do not know what is better. As I started FPCK I want to build it energy first as Sifu Terry says it is high level yoga.

Based on what you say, however, I think it would be helpful to add some quiet sitting meditation to your practice (if you haven't already). It's a huge, huge step in your path when you overcome the mindset of expecting something to happen. The best way I know of to do this is Zazen. Just sit there for a short time not worrying about what experiences you're having/not having. This really carries over into your FPCK, from my experience.

This is good point. As I mentioned before I started to practice Bruce Frantzis's water meditation which I do before FP

and when I have free time. But than I thought that may be FP meditations subsume quiet sitting meditation as Sifu Terry wrote here before:

As for zazen working "here"--
If you're asking, "Does zazen work with the FP Qigong system, my answer would be: (A) If zazen is not working for one before one starts FP Qigong training, then zazen will work profoundly better after one practices FP for 6 months--or even just 3 months;
(cool.gif btw, Zazen as practiced in Japanese Zen sects doesn't have to work here because Flying Phoenix Qigong training subsumes zazen 100%. FP very rapidly brings into awareness the energetic workings of the entire body and reveals the control that the mind can exert on the cultivation of a specific and tangible healing energy and on the use of this healing energy. That FP Seated Meditations ("Monk Serves Wine") subsumes the effects of zazen in the same way that the basic standing FP Meditations (Vols. 1,3,4,5) subsumes the effects of Zhan Zhuang--as Sifu Garry Hearfield pointed out (in a later posting, btw.)

But I think quiet seating will benefit it anyway and it can strengthen each other. I think to practice open energy gate qigong a little bit in addition to FPCQ as it helps to become more aware and dissolve internal energy blockages

My impression of FPCK is that it is primarily (or in the beginning stages at least) a qigong for health. Spiritual evolution will follow regular practice, but if you're not satisfied with the state of your mind, it wouldn't hurt to try something a little extra to first tame the mind. If you're worrying about the effects of the qigong, this will retard your growth. Please note, these are my opinions.

Yes, I think quiet meditation + FPCK can benefit much to anyone if one does it diligently. That is what Sifu Terry wrote here too:

But in general--i.e., using a liberal, expansive definition of zazen to mean "quiet seated mediation" that's not attached to any particular Zen center's teachings--I would say that zazen can work very well in conjunction with FP Qigong.[/i]

If I further qualify zazen to mean the "quiet sitting" in the Chinese Chan and Taoist traditions that follow the Circulation of the Light, then the answer is: Yes, zazen will work EXTREMELY well alongside Flying Phoenix practice. Because any meditation that utilizes this simple "Secret of the Golden Flower" will ground everything that needs grounding and ultimately effect cosmic consciousness--enabling the practitioner to "embrace the One."

Edited by Eugene
  • Like 2

Thanks for finding those quotes of Sifu Terry's.

I may be going out on a limb here, but I believe that even though FP seated meditations subsume zazen meditation, the quality of one's meditation isn't profound enough in the early stages (for most of us, myself included) such that doing extra zazen won't help more than extra FP seated practice. In a nutshell, I mean that there are certain things things that zazen can teach you that FP can't teach you - BEFORE ONE HAS REALLY ATTAINED A DEEP MEDITATIVE STATE OF FP PRACTICE, DUE TO ONE'S INABILITY TO STAY IN THE MOMENT.

Sifu Terry has said that even if the mind wanders, FP energy will still move through the body and your meditation will still be working. But from my personal experience, I think that the energy works more profoundly when the mind is relaxed. I feel like FPCK will eventually relax and tame the mind, but in my experience (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!), it does this by taming the various energy channels of body first.

Sifu Terry's instructions don't go much into practicing mindfulness, probably because FP practice subsumes eventual mindfulness/ development of awareness. But he's also said that your mind can wander and you'll still be benefiting - whereas in mindfulness practice, a wandering mind is precisely what you're fighting against. So doing some mindfulness practice may add a bit of depth to everything you do, including FPCK

Again, this is all from my experience - hope it helps.

btw Eugene, if you don't mind me asking, what is your country of origin?

Edited by alleswasderfallist
  • Like 2

Hey Eugene,

So you want to experience bliss...

Here's a tip that maybe you can follow. This is the way, I do it BTW.

Do Vol 2 in the morning, 5,60,80,40,30 and 90,50,40,30,10
take a good nutritious lunch, on the afternoon, 5,60,80,40,30 and 90,50,40,30,10, and 90,80,50,20
eat nutritious at dinner. Evening 5,60,80,40,30 and 50,40,30,10

Do all these meds, everyday. You may experience some bliss/feel good/good mood on the third day. even in the first day if you've done them correctly/properly.

Now do these meds real slow, meaning be so mindfully engage in your hand movements. pay very close attention to your every movements. Now if you do this correctly/properly, you should notice that your awareness is expanded! if not, your not really paying much attention.

Now what is expanded consciousness like, or feel like? in this mind state, you perceive more "space", and so when you extend your arms, you can sense that your arms seems much longer" (also when you raise your arms, they seems much higher). you don't need to visualize it, that your limbs are longer, you will perceive it automatically when you really become that fully engage in your hands movements and body sensations.

It this expanded state, you will also tend to enjoy your practice more, so longer hours tend to be enjoyable rather than to bore you to death ;)

This is my usual time periods

5,60,80,40,30 = 7 to 10 minutes
90,50,40,30,10 = 30 min
50,40,30,10 = 50 min to 1 hour (this meds have lots of movements, so it is taking longer)
90,80,50,20 = 30 min

All of what I have said, is also the key to having penetrating eyes and having to experience a powerful personality change. also you can have insights.

Good luck to your FP practice and enjoy it!

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 2

Thanks a lot. But why you are not doing 50 30 10 and 50 10 50? Hmmm I trust you, but Sifu Terry says it is desirable to practice all warm ups meds and then 2 of MSW. I think it makes more sense but you have your own experience. So, OKey I will try to do vol.1 & 2 separately and really to pay attention on each movement, and I would start with 3 warm up meds for some 7 minutes each and plus two of MSW. I think this is one of the reason why I was often lazy to do FPCK because I tried to do vol 1 & 2 together and it would take couple hours and I wanted may be unconsciously just to FINISH it not really having enough awareness on it. But I tried my best. Ok, will do it with more attention. I will split up vol. 1 and 2 from each other.

BTW in vol. 2 in MSW 90 80 50 20 how long you hold palms facing each other apart in the front of the chest? Is there pause in motion? The same when hands are above the head at the angle of 45 how long do you hold it up?

Edited by Eugene

Yes you can do that two warm up meds if you like, if you got extra time and should do them sincerely. not just to do them for the sake of doing them.

50, 30 , 10 has a mellowing effect, I do this if I want to have that extra relaxing effect.

50, 10, 50, to make your hands sensitive to qi. But that's only my limited experience and don't much idea.

On 90,80,50,20 I do stretch it, that my chest stretches, really wide (but I don't stress it). Yes mine has a pause motion when I finally reach my chest stretch.. then I hold it for about 3 seconds (just to feel the stretch), then I twist my two palms upto facing my ears (doing this makes me shake a bit), only then I start to turn down my arms into the lower tan tien

On 45 degrees, I don't think mine is 45 when I raise my arms. I think mine is like 75-80 degrees. I just felt to do it that way. Though I don't intend to recommend or want to variate your practice. And just answered your mere question.

What I posted, is my routine..to have a bliss/feel good.

Now if my goal is youthfulness, (or oozing sex appeal LOL :) ), I do think I will do some variation.

And understand that, I am still into basic meds like you do. So in time I will do advanced meds (vol 7) and long form (vol 4)--when I feel I am ready and my routine will surely vary from there on.

I am still exploring the basic meds.

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1

great discussion. think harmony and balance and patience with persistence. energy blockages can take a long time to clear.

i have a little technique bbb, breathe, smooth taoist dan tien breath; brain use your mind to form the intention of movement (or stillness); body motion expresses intention it is smooth flowing water like. I use this with the long form standing meditation.

experience the present moment

On 90,80,50,20 I do stretch it, that my chest stretches, really wide (but I don't stress it). Yes mine has a pause motion when I finally reach my chest stretch.. then I hold it for about 3 seconds (just to feel the stretch)

on raising my arms re, MSW 90,50,40,30,10 and 50,40,30,10 sometimes I hold it , sometimes I don't, this depends how much awareness I intend to put into. But what important for me is how much I engage myself into the meds. how much I pay attention, how much I observe.

And oh, just want to clarify the term "bliss" ,that bliss is not happiness state, or feel good or good mood state, or joyful. Bliss is more like all of these feelings combined altogether but very much more heightened plus it has an essence of love energy and your surrounding perception is much more alive and bright, everything feels lovely.

In FP, I did experience some happiness, feel good state, refreshed/clear mind, positive outlook in life (aside form health, insights, and powerful personality). In fact it so normal for me to experience these, but I did not get to a point of having the true bliss experience. But truthfully, all of these, of my FP experiences are very rewarding and great for me. But I'm still on basic meds, and just on 3rd month of practice. Just to clarify.

Bliss is akin to samadhi which I did experience (what I just described above that bliss is a combination of all good feelings that I experienced (plus more) all at once), but only once, when I was in my height of my Tantra Yoga practice. Meditating 5 hours a day in total. There are many levels of samadhi, and I thought, I reached the lower.

Again I posted this just to clarify things. For not to confuse or disway anyone.

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1

i do some pauses on MSW but mostly in the earth mudra (right palm in left) ...

in my sessions i look for 'flow' movement that engenders a continuous (water-like) sensation.

the speed is not always the same, but the sense of flow almost dictates the motion.

sensing the flow is seminal ...

• Like 2

+1 to what ridingtheox just said about the speed at which one does MSW meditations. The feedback feel from the flow of the meditations themselves will inform you of the correct movement speed. Or, I say the FP meditations will tell you how fast to move. For example, last night I did the first MSW 90 50 40 30 10 and it took me 20 minutes to complete.....that was the correct speed for last night. So yes....sensing the flow is indeed seminal.

• Like 1

Good observation guys, that tells and confirms I am practicing properly :)

On MSW, I do pause on the earth mudra too, and feel my tan tien there (feels kinda warm) and some visualization (even recite and feel, Peace Love, Happiness).

Yes I do fully agree with you guys, the sensing the flow and the water-like sensation when you do the movements, like you're in a swimming pool doing the meds, is spot on. Sometimes you need to fasten movements a bit, and sometimes you need to slow it a bit (when I am looking for my "shaking" or more internal energy). That's why it's proper to observe and be fully engage with the meds.

I posted that in the beginning of my few weeks of practice I was holding movements, that along with the hand movements, there were certain movements that made my body shake more. When ever I noticed that certain movements ignited more shaking, I hold it there and let it be for like (half) a minute. Though I am on my third month now, and I no longer notice certain movements that made me shake more than the others.

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 2

+1 to what ridingtheox just said about the speed at which one does MSW meditations. The feedback feel from the flow of the meditations themselves will inform you of the correct movement speed. Or, I say the FP meditations will tell you how fast to move. For example, last night I did the first MSW 90 50 40 30 10 and it took me 20 minutes to complete.....that was the correct speed for last night. So yes....sensing the flow is indeed seminal.

twenty min is about my typical time 17 or 18 occasionally .... 25+ the longest i remember

Edited by ridingtheox
  • Like 1

That's a good pace for me as well Charlie. Some of the longer Advanced Seated MSW meditations take me on average 45 minutes. For me those are downright alchemical. In fact I've learned not to do some of them just before bedtime because energetically they are like downing a double expresso. ;-)

ShivaShakti - shaking while doing FP during the first 6 months to a year is typical. That's your body adjusting to the powerful Flying Phoenix energy. Over time that shaking will gradually become less and less. Eventually it will pretty much stop, but you will still feel the powerful energy....and in fact you can expect even deeper experiences. Keep it rolling!

Lloyd

• Like 2

Thanks Lloyd

Yes, I do shake just a little now, very minimal..I barely shake now. got to tell ya, i miss my very wild shaking on my first month. ;)

6 months...... Ok, due to my steady sincere practice, I think I can predict my body will be acclimatized to the basic meds.. then I will go to long form and advanced meds. Got to have that blue aura that Sifu Terry told can be had in 2-3 years time.

When I reach my 6 months I will have a long review of the basic meds to be posted here.

Yeah I am rolling. this thread is awesome :)

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1

No guarantee fast if u need to, dont fast its a matter of choice, you still can die at an instant so doesnt matter, enjoy your practice..dont get caught up on theories that really havent been proved...just do what you love to do, try and eat right, love deeply, laugh lots, practice kung fu (qi kung) and live simple.

:)

I wasn't able to do Qigong today, too weak. I'll try tonight before bed, but I won't push it too hard. If I can get some good zazen practice in I'll be happy. This is day 3 of my fast, and I'm hoping this is the worst of it. :blush:

No guarantee fast if u need to, dont fast its a matter of choice, you still can die at an instant so doesnt matter, enjoy your practice..dont get caught up on theories that really havent been proved...just do what you love to do, try and eat right, love deeply, laugh lots, practice kung fu (qi kung) and live simple.

:)

Thank you, Si-hing Garry, for your most wise-and-practical input and perhaps the most concise summary of Tao Te Ching wisdom I have ever heard!!! I agree completely--as does Ko Hsuan, whose best translation (by my reckoning) of the Tao Te Ching I just happened to read cover to cover--with some degree of new understanding-- in the last 2 hours after waking up 5a.m. this morning. (I woke up unusually inspired after realizing that I had closed a grueling 16-month chapter of toil-due-to-interference in my life.)

My advice based on experience is to fast if it feels right and has good effects. There's certainly no harm to try fasting to see if it's a helpful practice in one's life. And if one is suffering from severe toxemia and any of its symptoms due to bad diet, then it's a no-brainer to turn off the source of toxification by fasting.

I myself do advocate fasting--not just for health/cleansing purposes, but for spiritual empowerment. My best friend, karmic companion, and mentor in all things supramundane, who shall remain nameless for now, but who my teacher GM Doo Wai met many times during my last 3 years of training under the GM, regularly does 72-hour dry fasts. (On one occasion, GMDW gave him extremely high praise for the prescient advice that he had given him--that predicted exactly what would happen if certain persons were taught certain things in our circle in the mid-1990's.) In fact, my mentor/guardian angel guided me to do the Flying Phoenix and all Bok Fu Pai internal arts a such way so as to make them my own and to seal off the psychic channels from all possible "intrusion," thus enabling me to master the Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Chi Kung and then make it available to the public.

Back to fasting: as the great healer and evangelist Geraldine McDaniels wrote in her book "God Is the Answer", and as every spiritualist east and west knows, prayer and fasting are absolutely essential practices for recognizing and subduing certain types of evil. But not every person is called to that.

Thus I agree with Sifu Garry: purely as a health practice, it doesn't matter if you fast or don't fast, especially if you are eating well, are in good health, and your life works. No need to obsess on fasting or anything perishable, for there is no reason why--or any guarantee that--any of us should live a second longer.

Sihing/Sifu Terry

http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Honestly if you want to hear my opinion I would say no girlfriend no problems. If you want to develop qi there are challenges always. This is part of the path. We need to meet right persons on the way.

As for fasting according to TCM it reduces prenatal qi and it is not good for your energy at all. Who told you that you need to fast???

Good one, Eugene! I've certainly experienced the truth of your "girlfriend observation" in the distant past--i.e., no disrespect whatsoever to my last love who lives in Menlo Park, CA.

So yes, heed the wisdom of the Tao Te Ching just recited by Sifu Garry: live simple.

"We need to meet right persons on the way." -- so very true.

Regarding fasting: in addition to my recent posting in reply to Sifu Garry's posting, your comment regarding pre-natal qi causes me to add this no-brainer: One should NOT have children fasting. Fasting is only for fully developed adults--and then only if they intrinsically feel it necessary.

Best,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear

This is it for me....I just enjoy the practice. :)

One thing that makes this thread so interesting is the diverse people who are practicing FPCK... people just getting started, some who have practiced for some time and then some (like Riding The Ox and myself) who are now working towards four years of Flying Phoenix practice.

This is cool because I enjoy hearing about everyone's experiences....no matter where you are in your practice of Flying Phoenix there is something very valuable to be found. And it's good to read about everyone's experiences on this thread.

At this stage of my practice, now at three years and three months, Flying Phoenix has become part of my everyday life. For me it's soothing, balancing, healing, calming but most of all just very enjoyable.

The practice of Flying Phoenix meditations, which I do in the evenings, serves to cleanse my mind of all the stress of the day. When Sifu Terry said FP meditations will give you a "washing the brain" sensation he wasn't kidding, because for me these meditations wash away the stress. And at the same time they generate a very subtle and powerful energy. Really, this sensation is beyond description...but anyone can experience this with enough practice of Flying Phoenix.

Finally, more good words from Sifu Garry that I found really valuable: "Slow and steady is the way." This was especially good advice for me because I have limited time to practice per day but I find practicing every day possible really takes me down that path I was hoping to find.

Good practicing!

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd,

Thanks for your appreciative perspective on recent postings. I too enjoy the learning of the diverse backgrounds of people practicing FP Qigong at all levels now posting on the thread, and responding to their questions and comments. I've just gotten back to the FP thread after a 3-week busy period.

"Really, this sensation is beyond description...but anyone can experience this with enough practice of Flying Phoenix."

Nicely put, given that what you're trying to describe is almost ineffable. Last Saturday, instead of the usual warm-up sequence that I teach in my Tai Chi Chuan class, I led practice of FP Qigong in this "scambled" order:

Moonbeam Splashes on Water

Wind Above the Clouds (2 rounds)

Monk Gazing At Moon (10 min.)

Bending the Bows (12 very slow rounds, at the speed of a "shifting sand dune")

Wind Through Treetops

Monk Holding Peach (5 min.)

The feeling during and after completion of this session was blissful calm--better described as "touching Nirvana with your body" by my friend Fred Underwood (retired professor of Indo-Tibetan Religion at Columbia University and Bob Thurman's predecessor--who now spends weekends doing FPCK and then hunting with beagles like mine).

Thank you for your good reflections and positive encouragement to others to continue practicing correctly.

Slow and steady is indeed the Way! --to derive the full benefits of Flying Phoenix practice, already given the fact that FP is perhaps one of the fastest-acting Qigong systems ever created.

Best,

Sifu Terry

http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear

If anyone wants to know what I recently posted about fasting, that might aid, not to get that weaker,

http://thetaobums.com/topic/26806-water-fasting/#entry414464

Though, I don't think I can do long hours of FP. if im on a fast. So minimal practice only for me if.

This must not be an alternative to fasting, but FP and ginger works wonders to healing and detoxifying my body. All I have to do is after every meal, I chew ginger. Not only it freshens my breath, helps to digest my food better due to more bile acid being produced, but you can see that your bowel is different too, more healthier.. and it's less. why less?? I do think because you digest your food better, so meaning your body absorbs more of the food you intake..so the less waste (bowel) material being excreted. also it's not smelly ;)

Praticing FP and eating raw ginger everyday makes my nasal passageway clearer, no plegm/mucus in my throat too. no cough, or colds. lots of benefits as I have posted before.

FP and ginger together, is very beneficial indeed.

Hello Shiva Shakti,

Yes, ingesting ginger just before FP practice and/or keeping a sliver of ginger in the mouth during FP practicere is a standard optional practice...especially while doing the seated MSW meditations. There are other meditation aids such as tinctures, beverages, and food preparations that enhance training in the Bok Fu Pai arts, but they are beyond the scope of this thread.

Keep up the good practice!

Best,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear

Hello all,

speaking of enjoyment, i laughed a lot this morning.

l've been practicing FPCK (the long form and btb) a lot for three years, among with another qg and meditating with kuji kiri mudras.I always try to put some time between them, but this morning, i happened to do kuji kiri set right after the long form. First, i was amazed of the strength of FPCK energy, it really felt like a strong impenetrable shield around me.Kuji energy just did not want to engage , and i remembered a time i was trying to make love with a placid women, and LOL. FPCK energy was just like that lady.It would'nt let me burn even i happen to fall into the sun.

I realised the real 'force" of FPCK finally when in contrast. Kuji kiri mudras are also very powerful, but apparently are not compatible with FPCK, with my limited understanding.

Happy and fruitful practicing,

cihan

Hi Cihan,

Glad to hear that you've experienced the FP Chi Kung to have produced an "Impenetrable shield" around you. As I posted early on the thread, the psychic force and inner clarity created by the FP Healing energy, besides being visible as a blue aura, is perceived by--or rather, readily strikes-- the 6th sense of non-practitioners the moment you enter the same room. Try doing session of FP Chi Kung practice, and then walk into a cafe or roomful of people.

What's called the Kuji-in mudras are from a very different and Taoist tradition. FP uses the two most universal ones found in the 9 Kuji kiri mudras. I don't know what type of meditation or incantations are done with each mudra in the Japanese Kuji-in system or its Taoist precursor, but a few of the FP Meditations do utilize the "Zai" and "Zen" mudras.

Glad to hear you're laughing lots throughout FP practice, Cihan. That's absolutely one of the requisites for Immortality! :lol::D:lol::excl: :excl:

Best,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear