Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

2013 definitely off to a stumbling start ... every time i get a start on daily practice something rears up and bites. Flu dog bit me last week. I have not had a 'flu' in 15 years. That time it was brought by a California visitor to Cascabel. This time I went to Redlands to find it.

Today I finally got it a good solid long form + MSW meditation period. This is looking positive, but it is the third time this year.

Today I had really good dan tien breath from beginning to end of each session. The long form rooting was solid w one small exception. Tendons relaxed with small pops in my spine, neck, knee and elbows. Definitely came out feeling relaxed and energetic Went out to the barn and unloaded hay and feed easily. stacked and put away. No sense of overdoing.

BP is holding pretty steady <120/<80 actually today <110/<70. Since this is the first day after the long drive home from Calif. I am feeling that the FPCK is really doing me a great deal of healing.

Keep practicing as
Sifu Dunn sayz it is cumulative ...

• Like 2

@ShivaShakti

Interesting, how did you find that link? I hadn't seen FPCK presented anywhere other than Sifu Terry's videos. I hope a lot of people try this and go on to buy the DVD.

Just got lucky thru google ;) Yeah Flying Phoenix is becoming more popular these days... more and more people will know FP, because it's fast acting but with proven results.

To add up, I think my hair is getting shinier and a little softer-- like Sifu Terry said FP can do. Also seemingly my gray hair is "very" slowly turning to black, but I'm not sure yet. need more months of FP gong I guess.. before I jump into vol 7.

I'm still at basic meds.

• Like 1

Thanks alleswasderfallist and Eugene. Practicing gratitude brings more abundance in your life, they say. FP health abundance :)

-------

Ruthless

It's sure is a sign of progress on your side.

Got to tell you my shaking is ver minimal now (infact I miss my freaky shaking back then ;) ). My left shoulder neuromascular pain is finally gone too. The pain was shown and but also healed by Flying Phoenix.

I do think in life or in everything that I experience is "integration" = digest/ingest. I should understand good or seemingly bad experiences, and see to it what can I get from.

Nowadays, If some strong emotions do come up, I go outside, in our garden... I do think I needed some air (more oxygen). Being there I become more at ease. Then I accept I have this emotion and is a part of me..and do see what I could learn, and from there I integrate. Feels good afterwards :)

I have this AHA moment, of "getting fresh air". I see it now what it can do, that I attributed Flying Phoenix and partly to my spiritual tantra yoga--that I just been beginning again to incorporate with my practices (about a week only). Flying Phoenix (I usually do VOL 2, not much vol 1) is actually the grounding factor and for me to see more clearly my present situation (insights), while the tantra meditation is for my spiritual awakening.

I see to it I do more FP than Tantra, or else I will be too spacey again, and won't be able to integrate "slowly". That relates to your experience re shen and grounding--the very importance of grounding.

Another experience while doing FP alone (that is before I incorporated Tantra) is that I seem becoming sensitive (or becoming more aware) to energies. And recently when I mentally recited again my tantra mantra (personal mantra initiation, oral tradition), I noticed it having (true) power. The moment I recited it, I noticed a shift in my energies and awareness. Honestly, I don't know really what is going on here, but what important to me is I am becoming more aware of my experiences and myself.

My FP practice is approaching two months.

Cool chick doing MGM (standing)

http://www.naturalhealthmag.com/fitness/work-it-out

nh1012_mindb_02.jpg

Thanks, Shiva Shakti for finding and posting this. I remember giving the information to Teri Hanson the writer for Natural Health Mag. a long time ago, who I've known for many years (since the glory days in the 90's of the Tai Chi for Health videos), but I didn't know that they had published this. Do you know the date of this online or printed publication? Thanks in advance.

Sifu Terry

Sifu Terry, I honestly don't know about it. I just found it, sheer luck on my part. And just thought to post it.

Synchronicity?

I hope GM Doo Wai is reading this thread too, he must have been feeling honored and fulfilled that FP is becoming more popular.

I was inspired by another thread to try a ten (or more) day water fast. I've been reading Joel Fuhrman's book 'Fasting and Eating for Health', which I highly recommend, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this intense detox affects my practice - or how my practice affects the detox. I'm on my second day so far. Hunger is diminishing, but my energy levels are still low. Ketosis takes 72 hours for males to kick in. I'm hanging in there! I'll update in a few days or so and let you guys know how things are going.

I'm treating this like a small personal retreat (albeit at home). I'm doing a strict daily practice of volumes 1, 2, and 3 (preceded by 18 repetitions of BTB) as of Monday. I'm planning to add volume 7 meditations as soon as I feel comfortable with the two intermediate standing meditations (which I'm in love with already, especially Moonbeam! the breathing sequence alone makes me feel like I've just done an hour of volume 1).

Keep it up, fellow practitioners!

• Like 1

Charlie - sorry to hear of your flu, and that this is your third time back to recovery after illness this year. But you know what they say.... Third time's a charm! Hopefully your ills are behind you and the rest of 2013 is healthy and happy. Your practice reports are always motivating, so please keep us posted!

Hey that is great alleswasderfallist

I was thinking, salt + water + lemon.

This combination makes an "alkaline water". (instead of salt and water only).

I can very much testify about drinking saline solution, you will go to the comfort room/bathroom almost right away the moment you drink it.

If anyone is having stomach ache (caused by too much acidity--due to fried foods, liquor, coffee, etc), try lemon and salt. citrus fruits (acidic) to be combined with salt makes it alkaline solution. This is indian aryuvedic medicine, I learned in Tantra Yoga.

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 2

I wasn't able to do Qigong today, too weak. I'll try tonight before bed, but I won't push it too hard. If I can get some good zazen practice in I'll be happy. This is day 3 of my fast, and I'm hoping this is the worst of it. :blush:

• Like 2

I have not fasted seriously for years. The third day is definitely the hardest. Someone told me it was the breakover point, for me it certainly was. I did serious fasts for about 2 years, 3 days every three months. 5 days twice a year and .. one only one 7 day fast. Have never seriously done that again. In fact the third year (which I did not complete) I did only a scattered 3 day.

drink plenty of water ... oh and I also did take a little sustenance couple of crackers, a glass of juice, raw nuts a few, just little bits almost every day. but I was riding a bike to work part of the time.

hope this is a good experience

• Like 1

Thanks ridingtheox, I hope so too. I feel pretty light headed, but also clear headed. I really think I'll make it this time. Last time I tried to fast I made it through most of one day, then made myself a bunch of eggs at 11 pm. Ha! I'm glad I've made some progress.

Good luck to you with your recovery and your practice! Hope all is well with you.

• Like 1

Now for a negative update (for once), guys..

I couldn't make it past the fourth day of my fast. Sorry to disappoint you, if anyone took an interest. I have various excuses. Chief among them: I went through a sudden breakup with my girlfriend of two years, and I broke her heart. I won't go into details, but it's left me pretty depressed. I haven't done much meditating in the last few days, just been thinking of her non-stop.

Just did a thorough cleaning of my living quarters, and I'm going to do volumes 1 and 3 right now. I missed two days straight, which is unheard of for me. Don't mean to be overly dramatic, just wanted to remind my Qigong brothers that life isn't always a picnic (even when you've got Flying Phoenix!). Count your blessings, and accept the bad just as you do the good!

Fasting is better than a clogged system which use greater amount of prenatal qi and postnatal qi.

This is not so obvious. I was not talking about any advantage of clogged system. According to TCM there are certain hours during the day for food. Stomach meridian is most active between 7 and 9 a.m. And after 5 pm body starts evacuate all wastes more actively (kidney meridians etc). So it is just about right regime of the day, like not to eat after 5 pm. It turns out some 15-16 hours break between food intake what is enough for cleansing. Or it may be 24 hours fasting. After that prenatal qi says goodbye to you as body needs glucose and glycogen is finished by that time

This is not so obvious. I was not talking about any advantage of clogged system. According to TCM there are certain hours during the day for food. Stomach meridian is most active between 7 and 9 a.m. And after 5 pm body starts evacuate all wastes more actively (kidney meridians etc). So it is just about right regime of the day, like not to eat after 5 pm. It turns out some 15-16 hours break between food intake what is enough for cleansing. Or it may be 24 hours fasting. After that prenatal qi says goodbye to you as body needs glucose and glycogen is finished by that time

I wasn't aware that fasting affects prenatal Qi. Thanks for telling me.

Be that as it may, some pretty clear evidence shows that fasting can really help some people with degenerative disorders (apparently more than keeping their prenatal qi would). Perhaps these people could have benefited more from following TCM dietary guidlines; I don't know.

No guarantee fast if u need to, dont fast its a matter of choice, you still can die at an instant so doesnt matter, enjoy your practice..dont get caught up on theories that really havent been proved...just do what you love to do, try and eat right, love deeply, laugh lots, practice kung fu (qi kung) and live simple.

:)

• Like 4

No guarantee fast if u need to, dont fast its a matter of choice, you still can die at an instant so doesnt matter, enjoy your practice..dont get caught up on theories that really havent been proved...just do what you love to do, try and eat right, love deeply, laugh lots, practice kung fu (qi kung) and live simple.

:)

Thanks Sifu Garry, good advice. If you don't mind I'm gonna ask a quick question about the systems you teach. I would like to supplement my Flying Phoenix training with some martial qigong. I've seen your videos and I like them, but does one of your systems include iron shirt type stuff where the body/legs/chest/head are toughened? (Maybe this is a dumb question, I just don't think I've seen this in your videos). Also, do Shattering Palm and Burning Palm have different martial focuses? Thanks!

Edited by alleswasderfallist
  • Like 1

Personally all these sidetracks are interesting, but I would prefer to see this thread be purely about Flying Pheonix Chi Kung.

If I was king, all the diet, fasting, and others would be axed, or broken off to another thread so we could keep this FP thread going strong. It's a great resource, many great tips for people practicing this Chi Kung. Seems kind of silly in my opinion to add all this extra nonsense on it.

If Master terry states that a certain diet, herb, or fasting is an integral part of FP then that's one thing, but what I see happening here is something else entirely.

• Like 2

Personally all these sidetracks are interesting, but I would prefer to see this thread be purely about Flying Pheonix Chi Kung.

If I was king, all the diet, fasting, and others would be axed, or broken off to another thread so we could keep this FP thread going strong. It's a great resource, many great tips for people practicing this Chi Kung. Seems kind of silly in my opinion to add all this extra nonsense on it.

If Master terry states that a certain diet, herb, or fasting is an integral part of FP then that's one thing, but what I see happening here is something else entirely.

Are you moderator? Anyway I suppose people here can decide what they want to discuss in this thread who is PRACTICING FPCK. As this is relevant to the practice of FPCK. I wanted only to express my opinion here that if fasting occurs as achievement of certain level in cultivation than it is natural, otherwise it even can be hindrance for practice. Sifu Terry wrote here that fasting can happen as the result of good commitment to practice. If you think it is not relevant to this thread you can delete it.

This is it for me....I just enjoy the practice. :)

One thing that makes this thread so interesting is the diverse people who are practicing FPCK... people just getting started, some who have practiced for some time and then some (like Riding The Ox and myself) who are now working towards four years of Flying Phoenix practice.

This is cool because I enjoy hearing about everyone's experiences....no matter where you are in your practice of Flying Phoenix there is something very valuable to be found. And it's good to read about everyone's experiences on this thread.

At this stage of my practice, now at three years and three months, Flying Phoenix has become part of my everyday life. For me it's soothing, balancing, healing, calming but most of all just very enjoyable.

The practice of Flying Phoenix meditations, which I do in the evenings, serves to cleanse my mind of all the stress of the day. When Sifu Terry said FP meditations will give you a "washing the brain" sensation he wasn't kidding, because for me these meditations wash away the stress. And at the same time they generate a very subtle and powerful energy. Really, this sensation is beyond description...but anyone can experience this with enough practice of Flying Phoenix.

Finally, more good words from Sifu Garry that I found really valuable: "Slow and steady is the way." This was especially good advice for me because I have limited time to practice per day but I find practicing every day possible really takes me down that path I was hoping to find.

Good practicing!

Lloyd

• Like 2

If anyone wants to know what I recently posted about fasting, that might aid, not to get that weaker,

http://thetaobums.com/topic/26806-water-fasting/#entry414464

Though, I don't think I can do long hours of FP. if im on a fast. So minimal practice only for me if.

This must not be an alternative to fasting, but FP and ginger works wonders to healing and detoxifying my body. All I have to do is after every meal, I chew ginger. Not only it freshens my breath, helps to digest my food better due to more bile acid being produced, but you can see that your bowel is different too, more healthier.. and it's less. why less?? I do think because you digest your food better, so meaning your body absorbs more of the food you intake..so the less waste (bowel) material being excreted. also it's not smelly ;)

Praticing FP and eating raw ginger everyday makes my nasal passageway clearer, no plegm/mucus in my throat too. no cough, or colds. lots of benefits as I have posted before.

FP and ginger together, is very beneficial indeed.

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1

That is great Lloyd and Sifu Garry. Yes, "enjoy your practice", and that is because FP is very enjoyable to practice indeed! I would not practice a system if I am not enjoying it. There is an enjoyable energy when you practice FP.

After all life is just about experience.

.....and enJOYment is the keyword. :)

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1

Hello all,

speaking of enjoyment, i laughed a lot this morning.

l've been practicing FPCK (the long form and btb) a lot for three years, among with another qg and meditating with kuji kiri mudras.I always try to put some time between them, but this morning, i happened to do kuji kiri set right after the long form. First, i was amazed of the strength of FPCK energy, it really felt like a strong impenetrable shield around me.Kuji energy just did not want to engage , and i remembered a time i was trying to make love with a placid women, and LOL. FPCK energy was just like that lady.It would'nt let me burn even i happen to fall into the sun.

I realised the real 'force" of FPCK finally when in contrast. Kuji kiri mudras are also very powerful, but apparently are not compatible with FPCK, with my limited understanding.

Happy and fruitful practicing,

cihan

edit after 7 years:

I didn’t have a dan tian at those times, and my beginner level practicing just seemed to circulate my existing chi, still. very efficient, but there was no juice left  for kuji when I did not put a resting time between them. 

Edited by cihan
  • Like 2

Thanks for your input cihan. I haven't experienced this laughter, two (or more) members here reported laughing. I guess everybody has their own enjoyable unique experience. Though I experienced, "thrice", a powerful personality change with penetrating eyes.

Seems almost everybody is enjoying FP eh? :)

Interesting you are practicing Kuji Kiri. it got my attention. Since hand mudras do have power. Even enlightened master do use hand mudras.

Lucky me.. Tantra Yoga meditation works well with FP. But I am not into long form (vol 4) yet to fully confirm this.

In addition, I met my friends today (I haven't seen them like 6 months) and they just told I seem different, that I changed. I know, deep inside me, that I already gone though some changes that I attributed with my sincere practice of FP, but them noticing me..gives me a good feedback to myself..that I am doing well with FP. I'm in the beginning of my 3rd month now.

Edited by ShivaShakti

Tip: In the beginning, try to practice each DVD's entire series of exercises in one sitting--or standing biggrin.gif . Each DVD program 9 except for Vol.2) takes about 50 minutes. This Qigong practice is cumulative. Within a matter of days or less, you will feel tangible results. (Vol. 2 will take longer as each of seated meditation is done in sets of 7 repetitions. With Vol. 2, practice all the warm-up meditations regularly and then one or two of the Monk Serves Wine mediations at a sitting.)

A lot of people using my DVD's try one or two exercises and not do them for 5 minutes each or not do the seated ones in sets of seven, and then skip around the program...and they ask me why they don't feel anything!!!

No, that produces results very slowly--about 10x more slowly. Or even no results at all.

In the beginning, try to do each FP exercise (both standing or seated) for at least 10 minutes. Once you cover all the exercises this way, then let the exercises "grab" you. there will be certain ones that you just cause you to naturally resonate more and then you can focus on this favorite ones intensively. it's different for every practitioner.

In my Qigong classes in Los Angeles, we cover all the basic seated (6) meditations and all the standing med's in Vols. 1 and 3 (sometimes 4) in about an 1 hour 45 minutes--with very short if any breaks.

ALL IS MIND.

Just wonder how is it possible to do vol.1,2 and 3 in such the short time if you recommend to do meds for 10 minutes. It would take over 2 hours. All meds from vol. 1 & 2 take me around 2 hours but I do it all together very rare. I think I did mistake because normally I do 3 meds from vol.1 and all warm ups + 1 or 2 MSW from vol.2. And I do not have tangible results. (Sometime I can miss 1 day and couple times I missed 3 days during 2 1/2 months of practice). Now I think to try to do entire meds from vol.1 followed by at least five meds from vol.2. And I have never done 3 warm ups meds. for 10 minutes. I did only around 5 minutes. I calculate approx. time for vol. 1 and 2:

initial worm up around 12 minutes - includes 5 minutes of wuchi stance

med. #1 - 10 minutes

#2 - at least 15 minutes for 12 btb at low speed

#3,4,5 at least 10 minutes each.

In total around 70 minutes + 50 min. for the 5 meds from vol.2 = 2 hours. That is I want to try in the mornings and evenings.