Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Just wonder how is it possible to do vol.1,2 and 3 in such the short time if you recommend to do meds for 10 minutes. It would take over 2 hours. All meds from vol. 1 & 2 take me around 2 hours but I do it all together very rare. I think I did mistake because normally I do 3 meds from vol.1 and all warm ups + 1 or 2 MSW from vol.2. And I do not have tangible results. (Sometime I can miss 1 day and couple times I missed 3 days during 2 1/2 months of practice). Now I think to try to do entire meds from vol.1 followed by at least five meds from vol.2. And I have never done 3 warm ups meds. for 10 minutes. I did only around 5 minutes. I calculate approx. time for vol. 1 and 2:

initial worm up around 12 minutes - includes 5 minutes of wuchi stance

med. #1 - 10 minutes

#2 - at least 15 minutes for 12 btb at low speed

#3,4,5 at least 10 minutes each.

In total around 70 minutes + 50 min. for the 5 meds from vol.2 = 2 hours. That is I want to try in the mornings and evenings.

Hi Eugene,

Your scheduled practice is an nicely designed and effective regimen.

To explain how I cover in class the FPCK material described in 1 hour, 45 minutes: in doing the FP Meditations that I stated (found in Vols. 1,2, and 3), we do not do complete sets of 7 of each of the MSW seated meditations of Vol.2, but 4 or 5 repetitions. (For one MSW set of 7 reps alone done very slowly can take 25-30 minutes.) We typically spend 45 minutes on seated FP meditations and one hour on the standing ones.

The total time works out as it took one hour to do the following standing FP meds last Saturday as a different type of warmup to my Tai Chi class (listed in todays posting):

Moonbeam Splashing on Water

Wind Above the Clouds

Monk Gazing At Moon

Bending the Bows

Wind through Treetops

Monk Holding Peach

and it takes under 45 minutes to do the 6 Meditations in Volume 2 (3 warmups + 3 MSW meditations, each one 3-4 reps.).

Hope this helps to clarify.

Regards,

Sifu Terry

Guest bew

Hello. Just joining this thread after having read here for 2.5 years. I started doing the FPCK practice in summer of 2010, first by renting Vols. 1 & 2 on Netflix, and then purchased through Amazon Vols. 1-3, which I did for the first two years. As of last December, I've been doing the long form from Vol. 4 daily with three MSWs. Last month, I purchased the advanced MSWs (Vol. 7) and have been replacing my daily MSW from Vol. 2 with those as I learn them. Just learned the final ones from that advanced set today!

I have no martial arts background and no other Chi Kung background, so I have not felt that I have much to contribute here, except to say that I am now into my third year of practice, and practice daily. (I have not always practiced daily over the first two years but have practiced daily since last October.)

Coming here to express my thanks and appreciation is long over due. I know it was my great good fortune to stumble on this system. Thank you very much Sifu Terry for making this available to the general public.

• Like 1

Hey Eugene,

So you want to experience bliss...

Here's a tip that maybe you can follow. This is the way, I do it BTW.

Do Vol 2 in the morning, 5,60,80,40,30 and 90,50,40,30,10

take a good nutritious lunch, on the afternoon, 5,60,80,40,30 and 90,50,40,30,10, and 90,80,50,20

eat nutritious at dinner. Evening 5,60,80,40,30 and 50,40,30,10

Do all these meds, everyday. You may experience some bliss/feel good/good mood on the third day. even in the first day if you've done them correctly/properly.

Now do these meds real slow, meaning be so mindfully engage in your hand movements. pay very close attention to your every movements. Now if you do this correctly/properly, you should notice that your awareness is expanded! if not, your not really paying much attention.

Now what is expanded consciousness like, or feel like? in this mind state, you perceive more "space", and so when you extend your arms, you can sense that your arms seems much longer" (also when you raise your arms, they seems much higher). you don't need to visualize it, that your limbs are longer, you will perceive it automatically when you really become that fully engage in your hands movements and body sensations.

It this expanded state, you will also tend to enjoy your practice more, so longer hours tend to be enjoyable rather than to bore you to death ;)

This is my usual time periods

5,60,80,40,30 = 7 to 10 minutes

90,50,40,30,10 = 30 min

50,40,30,10 = 50 min to 1 hour (this meds have lots of movements, so it is taking longer)

90,80,50,20 = 30 min

All of what I have said, is also the key to having penetrating eyes and having to experience a powerful personality change. also you can have insights.

Good luck to your FP practice and enjoy it!

Hello Shiva Shakti,

Nice prescription for your daily bliss!

Based on my years experience with the FPCK, I would say that it is sure-fire for most people.

I might add that if one were to fit into the daily practice schedule 2 of basic standing meditations, the effects would be all the more enhanced because the standing meditations are more powerful than the seated ones--even though one tends to tangibly experience the Qi in more refined form through the seated MSW meditations.

I find it so interesting that different practitioners have found their unique methods to the Big Feel-Good based on the general guidance I've offerred on top of the technical "how-to" instructions for each meditation presented in the DVD series.

Thanks for the nice contribution towards bliss for all, SShakti !~!

Sifu Terry

Eugene

you have to take time and patience. Neither to slow , neither too fast, neither too much , neither too little.

It is like you play a stringed instrument adjust and act to the circumstances.

If you can feel it Eugene. The FPCQ energy is slow and this why it need slow motion in the beginning.

When one grow in this Qigong one can move faster and faster without loosing the FP energy.

Because of this behaviour of this Qi it is difficult to use it for fighting. Its too slow.

I only see in the from Dunn Sifu posted clips about the advanced Meditation that they are fastening the energy into the

palm especially into the laogong. But one need to be able to move in fighting speed with the FP Energy from

the foundation form, level 1 forms.

Also you differ for example with RidingOx who is a veteran already because of his longterm practise of TaiChi

having similar movements and cleared those blockages and so effect are fast and tangible.

Your system is slowly clearing the blockages, so because you are not a veteran on any Qigong

or Interal Martial Art that you dont see the effect because the awareness hasnt developed yet.to perceive

the effects. Because on close the eyes it doesnt mean there is nothing outside beside the darkness.

Thank you, Friend, for your explanation of different practitioners' experience with the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung when they first start its practice as a result of their different levels of background with Qigong and internal martial arts. Of course, the more experience with Chinese internal systems one has, the more readily the Flying Phoenix energy cultivation becomes.

•However, I disagree with the first part of your admonition:

Neither to slow , neither too fast, neither too much , neither too little.

It is like you play a stringed instrument adjust and act to the circumstances.

In my experience there is no such thing is going too slow in practicing the basic level of the FP Chi Kung system. The operative metaphor that I think GM Doo Wai used in the early 1990's (that I've repeated here throughout the thread) was to "move at the speed of a shifting sand dune"--that is, as slow as humanly possible. So far, in my experience in practicing FP Chi Kung since 1990 and teaching it since 1995, there have been no negative repercussions whatsoever from practicing the moving FP Meditations as slowly as possible.

Once the Basic Level of FP is well-practiced, and the mind can move the FP energy to move the body effortlessly and without friction, the Advanced Flying Phoenix Meditations (9 exercises in the next level) totally transforms the FP Healing energy into what I feel is a different type of energy altogether that can be used for martial purposes. Thus FPCK a complete system of "spiritual martial art" --as Sifu Hearfield described it--that enables the FP practitioner to move at ANY speed. While the Advanced FP Meditations and all advanced internal energy practices connects the energy to the palms--and the Lao Gung point, as you mentioned--the basic moving standing Meditations in level one: "Moonbeam Splashing on Water" and the Long Form Standing Meditation of Vol. 4 called "Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditiation"--if done very, very slowly (at proper "shifting sand dune" speed) will also begin to start to "fix" the FP Qi to the Lao Gung--for there are specific postures in those Forms that have that side-effect.

• But based on my experience of the past 23 years, I do NOT agree that the Basic Level One-cultivated FP energy can be moved at lightning speed for martial art. It is a purely healing energy with a divinely alchemic Source--its qualities cannot be mutated by an individual's mind to have a harmful or martial effect. In order to have martial effect, a totally different form of energy needs to be mustered or generated. I had proven this fact to myself and to all of GM Doo Wai's other students in the 1990's during the "mis-fire" incident under the grandmaster's supervision--that I described earlier in this thread.

And why would anyone want to dispense the slow, sublime FP healing energy with lightning-speed movements--even if one could move that FP energy at that speed? It simply is not necessary. For as I had explained in earlier postings, once a reserve--or what I call a super-abundance--of the FP healing energy has been cultivated through Basic FP Meditations, the FP energy will spontaneously "jump off" and heal a person in closest proximity for which one has even a mild intent to heal--and do so with the slightest touch.

As I had related to Sifu Hearfield a ways back in private messaging, when I first began practicing the Advanced FP Meditations, their yogic effect on my energy body was most profound and very, very intense--even though I practiced each one of them for 4-5 weeks first without the breathing sequence. After less than two months of practicing all the Advanced FP Meditations (with the breathing sequences), I recall, I found that all my Kung-fu, Tai Chi, Liu He Ba Fa, but most of all, my practice of Eight Sections Combined (Bot Dim Gum) became lightening fast, spontaneous, and even more effortless.

Thus Sifu Garry is so correct when he posted (#1707):

You don't need any other practice if you're doing FP correctly!

Thank you, Friend, for your post. And thanks again Sifu Garry!

Best to all,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

You dont need any other practice if you're doing FP correctly!

That's the point! I've just got DVD vol. 4 and watched it. It seems to be not complicated to learn on my own with DVD but what I am thinking I am doing correctly and how to do it correctly indeed is big difference. And I even do not mention level 2 of FPCK.

I tried to be clear on it and suppose you understand I was looking for some another practice.

But at the moment I have been doing FPCK solely for 3 months now and want to add vol.3 for the morning and night practice and go with it for another 3 months. Now I understand more clear what Sifu Garry says of the FPCK. May be I expected some "energy flow" and some wow effect but now I just feel myself happier and more calm. May the energy generated by FPCK is very subtle and there should not be expected and perceived as something very substantial. Anyway I am just in the beginning and will give it try another few months without mixing with anything else.

• Like 4

NICE!!! Why not look at it as a life long journey, if its making you happier & calmer then thats worth more than gold my friend. Just wait till Sifu Terry teaches the later level stuff, you guys need these early sets and I do NOT DARE to say basic or beginner level cause its high level just a difference in energy and movement which im sure Sifu Terry will tell you all about later. Stay with what he has to offer, its not an over night thing kung fu, its a life journey, if it makes u happy and calm fuck man, take it as a brick of gold cause that is what we want in life right?This could be just the beginning for u!!! :)

keep up the good work everyone...

Sifu Garry

• Like 2

I agree completely.

I bought all six dvd's, but I'm still just doing the first two, with the 50 20 10 from volume 7 thrown in at night for the restful sleep bonus.

I am not so sure about the healing effects, I am already healthy and have a fairly strong Tai Chi and Bagua zhuang practice going. What I do know though, is that the FP has made an impact on my overall feeling. It's like it has put me in the "I don't mind" zone where I don't feel a need to react as strongly as before. For me, it has very cooling effect. I can train hard and long doing the FP meditations and not over heat like I do with other practices. I think the energy is still there, but the edges are rounded and softer, if that make any sense.

Glad you finally noticed the benefits and effects of FP Eugene!

Congrats! Now we are all happy campers.

Agreed with Sifu Garry, that this happiness vibe and calmness is priceless. This is why I practice FP daily as possible because of this feel good state. aside from mental clarity and other benefits.

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1

Your system is slowly clearing the blockages, so because you are not a veteran on any Qigong

or Interal Martial Art that you dont see the effect because the awareness hasnt developed yet.to perceive

the effects.

In the past I used to drink much alcohol and some more strong "magic" stuff and I think it affected my kidneys. Doctor of TCM said I have some problem with it. And to much yang qi in liver

Hi Eugene, Assuming that your TCM doctor is correct in his diagnosis, "too much yang qi in the liver" means unresolved anger. not to play therapist--take that back but, yes, to play therapist, which I am certified in by the way (hypnotherapy since 1985): you might want to find good psychological counseling resources to address the deep-seated anger manifesting the excessive yang qi in the liver.

Best to you,

Sifu Terry

I think it would be nice to see some of you doing clips for Si Hing Terry and post up here? All the talk would be nice to see who can move well! :)

Great idea, Si-hing Garry. I think video clip postings would elicit lively information and more discussion from the FPCK community. But as Fu_dog has just brought to my attention, I think we had better figure out some general guidelines for posting video clips (such as don't post until you've practiced a particular FPCK exercise for at least 2 months on a daily basis; post ONLY if you have a question attached to the video clip that hasn't already been answered on this thread!!, etc.) -- because I can foresee that if such video clip postings become more popular and prevalent, they might easily overwhelm everyone's--and my--ability to respond to the comments and questions! But then again, this might be a good problem!

Best,

Si-hing Terry

• Like 1

Yup!!! All the talk of everyone saying how they have experienced but no one to check if they are even doing it correctly! :)

Well, Si-hing Garry, on one hand you have a good point. Video clips would tell if a person was doing the FP Meditations correctly and deriving maximum benefits. But on the other hand, as you know, the stationary standing and seated FP meditations are pretty easy to do and pretty difficult to foul-up, and if folks just practiced Monk Gazing At Moon, Monk Holding Peach, Monk Holding Pearl (in three positions--standing, seated, supine), and the first three "warm-up" seated meditations in Vol. 2, they would get a substantial dose of FPCK's basic energizing and rejuvenating, self-healing effects. But you are absolutely right when it comes to all the moving FP meditations--standing and seated--and especially the more complex forms such as Vol.4's Long Form Standing Meditation and the Advanced Monk Serves Wine seated meditations in Vol. 7: that if possible, students' practice should be checked to see if they are doing them correctly, starting with the basic principle of "the mind moves the chi; the chi moves the body."

Thanks again for the suggestion to post video clips.

Best,

Si-hing Terry

Hello. Just joining this thread after having read here for 2.5 years. I started doing the FPCK practice in summer of 2010, first by renting Vols. 1 & 2 on Netflix, and then purchased through Amazon Vols. 1-3, which I did for the first two years. As of last December, I've been doing the long form from Vol. 4 daily with three MSWs. Last month, I purchased the advanced MSWs (Vol. 7) and have been replacing my daily MSW from Vol. 2 with those as I learn them. Just learned the final ones from that advanced set today! I have no martial arts background and no other Chi Kung background, so I have not felt that I have much to contribute here, except to say that I am now into my third year of practice, and practice daily. (I have not always practiced daily over the first two years but have practiced daily since last October.) Coming here to express my thanks and appreciation is long over due. I know it was my great good fortune to stumble on this system. Thank you very much Sifu Terry for making this available to the general public.

Hello bew,

Welcome to the thread. And thanks for your expression of thanks for my long-term efforts to preserve this rare Qigong system and proliferate its practice. It's always gratifying for me to hear positive feedback regardless of a practitioner's background in Chinese energy arts. But the fact that you appreciate the benefits of Flying Phoenix Chi Kung practice and have committed 2.5 years to practice it without having any other martial arts or Qigong background is a fine testament to the FP system's completeness, very unique efficacy and user-friendliness.

As you continue to practice, I think you'll certainly have your own unique experiences to share with the FPCK community.

Best Regards,

Sifu Terry

http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear

I agree completely.

I bought all six dvd's, but I'm still just doing the first two, with the 50 20 10 from volume 7 thrown in at night for the restful sleep bonus.

I am not so sure about the healing effects, I am already healthy and have a fairly strong Tai Chi and Bagua zhuang practice going. What I do know though, is that the FP has made an impact on my overall feeling. It's like it has put me in the "I don't mind" zone where I don't feel a need to react as strongly as before. For me, it has very cooling effect. I can train hard and long doing the FP meditations and not over heat like I do with other practices. I think the energy is still there, but the edges are rounded and softer, if that make any sense.

Hello JustBHappy,

I'm glad to hear that you are working slowly through the DVD series and penetrating the effects of the basic but not-so-basic Meditations in Volumes 1 and 2. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the sleep-facilitating benefits of the 50-20-10 Meditation in Volume 7. Sublimely soporific that exercise, isn't it?

Your feeling generally good with the FPCK having a cooling effect given your Tai Chi and Bagua Chuan background is very typical of FP system's effect. Recall that the FP Chi Kung system is the health and self-healing "safety net" of the Bok Fu Pai Kung-fu system, which encompasses many styles of kung-fu. FP Chi Kung facilitates progress in all the BFP internal martial arts such as Omei Bak Mei, Tibetan Burning Palm that Sifu Garry teaches and the Eight Sections Combined System that I teach by making those practices much "smoother", fluid, and grounded. The energy cultivation in FP Chi Kung is entirely compatible with the cultivation of different energies in those systems of martial qigong.

Yes, the FPCK induces in the practitioner--sooner, rather than later--the conditiion of "allostasis" where the body's naturall healing processes are activated. And the psychological component of that allostasis is what you aptly call the "I don't mind" mode. By definition, it is impossible to "overheat" while in allostasis. Because if all the organ systems of the body are brought under the regulation of the subconscious mind by the alchemy of the FP Chi Kung, one cannot consciously unbalance or force that homeostasis to go on "tilt" in any direction while doing the FP meditations. As an example of this quality of FPCK, exactly 3 weeks ago, I led two first-time beginning students in a private lesson through 4 well-paced hours of FP Qigong practice that covered just the Meditations in Volumes 1 and 3 and just one of the seated MSW Meds in Vol.2.

Thanks for sharing your FP experience.

Best Regards,

Sifu Terry http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear

But you are absolutely right when it comes to all the moving FP meditations--standing and seated--and especially the more complex forms such as Vol.4's Long Form Standing Meditation and the Advanced Monk Serves Wine seated meditations in Vol. 7: that if possible, students' practice should be checked to see if they are doing them correctly, starting with the basic principle of "the mind moves the chi; the chi moves the body."Thanks again for the suggestion to post video clips.

What does it mean exactly the mind moves the chi; the chi moves the body regarding FPCK meds?

Tomorrow I will make simple clips on my FPCK moving meds and will post it here. The quality will not be great as I use my PC camera but it is not so bad and picture should be clear enough to see movements

But even the static postures could be checked, some students can hold incorrectly, wrong muscle groups, tension, just little things that a teach can see straight away when holding static postures, even the stance, or seated posture of the body can be adjusted by observation. The moving most definitely should be corrected so no bad habits can be formed in the interim!

Happy Easter peeps

Sifu Garry

• Like 1

Yes, what part of FP do u feel brought this on? I know that seated and standing static postures really train your mind & spirit to be strong cause its harder to be still and to some its boring. So this builds courage, builds bravery to just stand or sit like a mountain for long periods. well done....great for you to say this, cause I tell my students that these things will be understood within when you do these type of awesome systems.

Happy Easter to everyone!

Anyone noticed, their courage/bravery is building up? Evidently is happening to me.

• Like 2

Hello Sifu Garry,

Thanks for asserting. I mostly do vol 2. not much of the vol 1.

My nature is a peaceful, kind and understanding however the negative (imbalance) side of it is (was) weakling personality. Now it is evident that I am a "man", that I have more courage (to stand up and speak for myself).

When I posted that I experienced of having a "powerful personality change" after doing MSW, it was the start of my changing. That I chased 4 troublemaker teenagers back then, and yesterday I chased them again.They're making trouble and very noisy in front of our streets and no one seems (lots of people there but they're just watching) to confront them, they were very annoying. They had big rocks and one of them had metal pipe.

I don't think it wasn't just being hot headed and impulsive, because I still do love to be peaceful and meditate (tantra, higher self, quantum entrainment).

And this is the reason why I am still at the basic FP meds, because I am still exploring and integrating with it. Don't want to jump to vol 4 and vol 7, not yet I think.

I believe and feel that this courage is not just for fighting but also a courage to face life challenges.

And so I begun thinking to learn a powerful martial arts system like your burning palm. What "more" could it bring me? But that just a thought for now.

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1

A powerful and complete Qigong system like Flying Phoenix if practiced properly will activate and manifest all kinds of latent potential and genetic talents. Acting with courage and bravery is a learned behavior and FP Chi Kung can make one feel so connected to and a part of the Ultimate Reality and the All-Truth that manifesting those qualities become a natural necessity--even if one wasn't raised with role models of courage. And that is what I consider real philosophy--the teaching that is beyond words.

Btw, all my students do that Matrix bit without the sunglasses!

HAPPY EASTER.

Sifu Terry

http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

That is very interesting Sifu Terry. Because once, when I was doing a channeling technique of Bashar, I saw my future self, a luminous light being, and having very very penetrating eyes. Looks like I have to continue my FP practice until to the advanced level to achieve that :)

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1

I have done short video clip on my FPCK practice. It is short in time for every med. and without breath. Quality is not great but you can see movements.

Edited by Antares