Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Lloyd, wow what a great experience that you had. I had a similar experience when I went into a temporary state of enlighment for one night in 1977 when initiated in the TM Siddhi program. As a TM teacher and from my direct experience in 1977 I can tell you from the TM teachings that the state you were in is called Transcendental Consciousness in our system. It is a deeper level of the state called Restful Alertness during TM. You are so relaxed that you transcend, go beyond thoughts and feelings and are just Being. That is our natural state if not for stress in the nervous system. One of the signs that a person is in Transcendental Consc. is that there is no sensation of time. I have had this. The brain is really rested and integrated in this state as there is plenty of brain research on this state now. Were you doing the 60-70-40-5 from vol. 7?

I am going to cut and paste your experience to send to my friend and fellow TM teacher who recently went into Awakening. He will enjoy reading how people like you can transcend. Your were in the zone all right! That is a true higher state of consciousness experience. In our system, the Transcendent does resemble the qualities of the Unified Field vacuum state. Pure energy/consciousness without form which has the potential to manifest into form. The pathless path as Eugene state. The Tao. No one could understand your experience of suspension of time unless they experienced directly. This is really exciting stuff.

Steve

Steve

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 1

Steve - yes, what you described is an fairly accurate description of the state of being I experienced this morning. Your deep experience in TM is really outstanding in that it helps validate some of these experiences....thanks for your comments. Transcendental Consciousness is a pretty good name for it. ;-) The FP I was doing when I had this experience was 70 50 20 10 which is one of my favorites. What I think we can conclude based on your comments is Flying Phoenix can be a vehicle, just as TM is a vehicle, that can transport us to higher states of being. Agree, this is exciting stuff!

Thanks for the reply Lloyd. I will have to set aside time to learn 70 50 20 10. I have been enjoying doing 60 70 40 5 which I learned last month after reading your experience of it. When I do that one and the hands come back into the prayer position I sometimes can feel a tingling in my third eye so somehow holding the hands in the prayer position 12" from the chest is doing something to the third eye energy circuit. Or maybe not! I have to start doing it even slower than I have been to really feel the energy in the hands more. I have not yet experienced the meditative like state from it that you experience. I get that more from 50 20 10, the Sleeper. At times when really tired and doing the Sleeper right before I go to bed the hands have been moving on their own it seems. Somehow they seem to know where to go.

Steve - yes, what you described is an fairly accurate description of the state of being I experienced this morning. Your deep experience in TM is really outstanding in that it helps validate some of these experiences....thanks for your comments. Transcendental Consciousness is a pretty good name for it. ;-) The FP I was doing when I had this experience was 70 50 20 10 which is one of my favorites. What I think we can conclude based on your comments is Flying Phoenix can be a vehicle, just as TM is a vehicle, that can transport us to higher states of being. Agree, this is exciting stuff!

Lloyd,

I'm so very happy to hear of your "stopping the world" (in the words of CC) through the seated MSW meditation, 70 50 20 10. That one has also been one of my perennial favorites since I learned it. As I've said from the start of the thread, FP Chi Kung is a powerful vehicle to explore and attain the full potential range of human consciousness--while igniting the body's self-healing processes to their fullest potential--because FP so elegantly and effortlessly conditions and empowers the most basic fundamentals of meditation.

Keeping Still. Keeping the back still until one no longer feels the body. -- I Ching, hexagram 52.

And Steve, it's so helpful and also a pleasure to have your deep frame of reference in TM in order to corroborate and verify the authentic higher states of consciousness (HSC's) that Flying Phoenix facilitates.

Lloyd, now that you are proving to yourself and to others that you are attaining the high fruits of FP meditation, I can now say that Flying Phoenix is one of the most effective and efficient "accelerants" I've come across to attain health, higher states of cosmic consciousness and ultimately, for some, enlightenment. I believe that it was given to man by the divine source channeled by Feng Tao Teh for the purpose of experiencing personal apotheosis, in the original Greek meaning.

Good practicing!

Best,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear

Sifu - regarding lucid dreaming I have always been hesitant because I am not sure what I may encounter. I have had to deal with enough "negative energies" while in an awake state (or while in meditation) and I'm not sure how I would handle them if encountered in a lucid dream state. Can you please shed a little light on this? Perhaps dealing with these negative energies goes with the territory, but I would like to understand this before consideration of proceeding. I have CC's book on this, but haven't yet read it. As a result of this thread discussion that will be next on my list. Thanks in advance for any comments you can share.

Lloyd,

There is no need to do exercises to enhance lucid dreaming unless one feels a natural compulsion to develop that skill. I quite naturally fell into it in my mid-20's while I was training in Tao Tan Pai neikung and experiencing the altered/higher states of consciousness that that system facilitated. If one is remembering one's dreams and wants to actively participate in them. There are a variety of traditions and means to practice lucid dreaming. I just happened to be have been reading Castaneda's books (Journey to Ixtlan, Tales of Power, and Second Ring of Power) during a summer that I spent in Taiwan and I was able to immediately practice the dream methods I found in them.

I would not worry about encountering "negative energies" through lucid dreaming that one isn't already encountering in "non-lucid" dreams. For in general, all entities and characters in one's dreams come from one's own mind--and therefore one's own experiences. The exception is the situation where a very high-level (and probably black) magician is intruding into your mind while you are asleep.

My advice is to just leave it alone if you have doubts or trepidation. If you find yourself remembering a lot of your dreams, and then feeling the urge to actively participate in them, and sense the potential to tap the power of your dreams, then you can start practicing techniques of lucid dreaming.

Best,

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Hello Sifu Terry,

I really need to get some guidances about the practice of the Flying Phoenix system and my asthma/sinuses/polypes/breathing problems. I feel like there is retarded effect coming after I do my daily session, during the session I feel fine, it's not particularly hard to breath, but during the day, I get oppresssed, like I can't breath properly, I've got a weird sensation around my heart chakra as if that part doesn't get enough oxygen or I don't know, and it lasts for a long time like 4 or 5 hours. My attention get sucked into that sensation and I try to breath the best that I can, but can't really do anything, and because of that it's like my cognitive abilities are not quiet ineffective, I can't really think properly, or read, or even follow a conversation, like it's making me be more depressed and duller that I already am. So I was wondering what should I do about that? I really want to have an energy practice, because I want to have a better health, but I can't handle to feel like a vegetable, thinking that it's gonna get better if I do that for 6 months, I feel like I need to get rid of that lungs throat nose problems first and come back to the practice again. Or is there another kind of qi gong practice where there is no focus on the breathing involved, because it might better and suits me more, if I only focus on the moves. The breathing part really makes me suffocate.

Thank you in advance for your answers

Aurélien

Hello Aurelian,

I'm sorry to hear of the uncomfortable symptoms you've been experiencing following your daily FP practice.

The FP Healing Chi Kung is working. Remember that FPCK practice adds no negative charge or stress to any living system.

The first effects experienced by practitioners with chronic symptoms or deep-seated psycho-somatic disease such as asthma is that their normally repressed symptoms come to surface and are more tangibly felt due to FP Qigong's swift and deep relaxation effects. The FP Qigong causes one to relax all physical and mental defenses as it brings all the organ functions under the regulation of the subconscious mind. As a result of this process, you are feeling your existing state of depression and its constellation of related physical symptoms more directly and I empathize how profoundly more uncomfortable that is. But that is the very start of any holistic healing process. You get to feel the hitherto unfelt pain and the nature of the psycho-somatic defense mechanism that suppresses it from being felt. But it's probably not worth lifting the lid off of these symptoms by continuing FPCK practice unless you have a solid plan for therapeutic counseling in place. You described your primary complaint as asthmatic/polyps/congestion in lungs-nose-throat area blockage plus feelings of "oppression", being a vegetable, and general depression. If the physical symptoms related to your depression are raised-to-surface and intensified by the FP Qigong practice to an intolerable extent, then stop practicing the FP Qigong. You stated the solution yourself:

I feel like I need to get rid of that lungs throat nose problems first and come back to the practice again.

I would suggest that you consult a good physician to address the asthmatic/lungs-throat-nose condition you have described and also try to find a good psychotherapist. In terms of the holistic model of hypnotherapy that I was trained in in the 1980's, symptoms that you're complaining about indicate that you have what we generally call primary or "crying syndrome." And that is usually caused by parental care during infancy and early childhood. And resolving those early development issues requires very good therapy over a long term. And at this point, I would like to refer you to Tao Stillness (Steve), for i just learned that he is a 40-year experienced psychotherapist, and a "normal" one at that! Perhaps Steve can give you further guidance with regards to continuing or not continiing FPCK practice while addressing your lungs-throat-nose congestion.

Until you substantially relieve and resolve the lungs-throat-nose condition and your feelings of oppression, vegetativeness, and pretty severe depression, I would also advise don't practice any bona fide qigong system. Because any bona fide system will increase your energy levels and push those symptoms to the surface again. Qigong is better used for energetic empowerment of positive activities—martial arts and healing arts--not for maintenance of a depressed state.

Best of luck to you in healing and growing--with or without FP Qigong.

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

my comments are below in bold blue.

Hello Sifu Terry,

I really need to get some guidances about the practice of the Flying Phoenix system and my asthma/sinuses/polypes/breathing problems. I feel like there is retarded effect coming after I do my daily session, during the session I feel fine, it's not particularly hard to breath, but during the day, I get oppresssed, like I can't breath properly, I've got a weird sensation around my heart chakra as if that part doesn't get enough oxygen or I don't know, and it lasts for a long time like 4 or 5 hours.

My attention get sucked into that sensation and I try to breath the best that I can, but can't really do anything, and because of that it's like my cognitive abilities are not quiet ineffective, I can't really think properly, or read, or even follow a conversation, like it's making me be more depressed and duller that I already am.

So I was wondering what should I do about that? I really want to have an energy practice, because I want to have a better health, but I can't handle to feel like a vegetable, thinking that it's gonna get better if I do that for 6 months, I feel like I need to get rid of that lungs throat nose problems first and come back to the practice again. Or is there another kind of qi gong practice where there is no focus on the breathing involved, because it might better and suits me more, if I only focus on the moves. The breathing part really makes me suffocate.

Thank you in advance for your answers

Aurélien

Oh... sad to hear that, I was really happy to have found that flying phoenix system. I just have to put all my energy into the doctor skills now, I was thinking about seeing an acupuncturist, but is that really a good solution too? I mean it's an energetic discipline too, so he's just gonna send more energy to the parts of my body that need it, like for a qi gong practice. So what kind of doctor should I see? I really hope I will get rid of that problem, it's such a pity to know such beautiful healing system exist when you can't use it. But thank you very much for the sincere answer.

Aurélien

Sifu Terry,

I admire your diagnostic acumen and Rx for the fellow with asthma. I would suggest that he consult with an authentic medical clairvoyant who literally can see the sources of ailments, including the psychological causes. In the man's description I also hear possible prenatal or delivery traumas and/or past life suffocation issues. The birth is the junction point between a past life and the current life issues that will develop. I know this stuff sounds strange but this has been part of my training to think in these terms and then have it validated when I have performed past life therapy. It' always karmic in nature. I have also heard people speak about how their severe depression was healed so quickly from receiving the Oneness Blessing energy healing from the Oneness movement of Sri Bhagavan. Removing these obstacles will be well worth the effort to then be able tap the gold mine from Flying Phoenix Chi Kung. This man has the motivation to move beyond his current setbacks. That is great.

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Aurélien, I have similar problems/symptoms, though likely milder.

It's definitely not "the cure" but just a side-note, it helps me to breathe while concentrating on the breath and the abdomen area. (Ie. the very basic meditation practice that's described in most shamatha meditation books). I do that whenever this problem arises, or during the day whenever it comes to mind (ie. while doing other daily activities which allow this). It helps me to cope relatively easily while the problem is mild, and of course is a bit harder with bigger attacks.

(And it's not just FP Qigong that makes the problem come more towards the surface, it's other energetic and especially breathing involved practices as well.)

Oh... sad to hear that, I was really happy to have found that flying phoenix system. I just have to put all my energy into the doctor skills now, I was thinking about seeing an acupuncturist, but is that really a good solution too? I mean it's an energetic discipline too, so he's just gonna send more energy to the parts of my body that need it, like for a qi gong practice. So what kind of doctor should I see? I really hope I will get rid of that problem, it's such a pity to know such beautiful healing system exist when you can't use it. But thank you very much for the sincere answer.

Aurélien

If just you read my earlier posts you will find my breathing situation was worse too. gallstones problem etc. but now are all better not 100 % fine, but better, in a matter of just 4 months. Just FP and ginger (plus physical exercise and good diet), as I was telling all along. Sifu Terry lives in the USA and most probably is aware of FDA rules.

My Flying Phoenix Chi-Kung energy and healing others (someone)

Ok this is interesting for me but maybe you all want to examine it.

Been into another summer adventure camp. a 3-day and 2 night adventure, Friday to Sunday. trekking and rappelling. wow what a stamina builder it was. 3 hour walk/climb on a very steep ascending mountain, and the descending part was hard on the knees. Finally we reached the site to rappel down and it was 300 feet. Somehow the 300 feet did not scare me. So fear of height seems not to affect me, like before 70 feet was scary for me!

I don't know what was happening on that Sunday when were about to finally rappel down. Somehow there were moments to moments of afraidness I was feeling. For a moment I was feeling it, heaviness on my chest, but after awhile it subsided, then I felt it again, then subsided again, this goes on and on. Then I realized those were mostly the emotional fears of the participants, I was feeling, and in those moments they were just about to rappel down. So somehow I am becoming emphatically sensitive.

And along the end of the 3 day event period, one of the participants was complaining about his left knee, it was aching due to long hours of continuous walk (and lack of sleep and rest, our sleep were like 3-4 hours a day only). He was asking for help from me, to heal his knee, because this guy knows I am a practitioner of chikung. So I thinking what I could do to help him, and I thought of using my Flying Phoenix Chikung energy. I got an idea to, first generated chi on my palms, ( I did the 50 10 50) then when I felt the chi in my hands and were thickly buzzing enough I pointed my right hand into his affected knee area, but still keeping my focus and awareness on my right hand's radiating chi, (my left hand was pointing upwards) and I was surprised I felt his knee's energy field too! But I was intending it to feel his knee's energy field, for me to have the "connection" for healing, then I visualized I was transferring my right hand's radiating chi energy into his affected knee. A streak of blue light popped-up in my mind that had something to do with healing his knee. After a bit (around 1 minute), he said, the pain in his knee was gone! Geez! thanks goodness, somehow it worked! It was the first time I did it, to help someone energetically. I am not a faith healer or energy healer as you know.

:)

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1

S.S., what a great choice of doing the warm up meditation 50 10 50 as I feel such a strong energy sensation from that one. I should go back to doing that one since I let it go when I recently learned some more FP meditations on other volumes. Your experience does again show that there is more to FP chi kung than meets the eye. Plus the energy behind intention.

Sifu Terry,

I admire your diagnostic acumen and Rx for the fellow with asthma. I would suggest that he consult with an authentic medical clairvoyant who literally can see the sources of ailments, including the psychological causes. In the man's description I also hear possible prenatal or delivery traumas and/or past life suffocation issues. The birth is the junction point between a past life and the current life issues that will develop. I know this stuff sounds strange but this has been part of my training to think in these terms and then have it validated when I have performed past life therapy. It' always karmic in nature. I have also heard people speak about how their severe depression was healed so quickly from receiving the Oneness Blessing energy healing from the Oneness movement of Sri Bhagavan. Removing these obstacles will be well worth the effort to then be able tap the gold mine from Flying Phoenix Chi Kung. This man has the motivation to move beyond his current setbacks. That is great.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for your input and your pointing out of possible prenatal, post-delivery or past-life suffocation issue with regard to Aurelien. Going for cause that far back is a therapeutic (hypno-therapeutic) route that I am actually very experienced at. I was trained by a very experienced and excellent Primal therapist and of course there's a whole splinter group of primal therapists in NY in the 80's that focussed almost exclusively on in-the-womb, birth-canal and birthing traumas. But in terms of a online diagnoses, I generally tend to keep things in terms of present life issues...if there is evidence of and past-life trauma after exhaustive exploration of all present-life possible causes of the presenting problem coming up nil, then I look back further using regression. Yes, past-life issues when discovered and authenticated in therapy are by definition karmic in nature. It requires real spiritual counseling--and not just psychological counseling applied to getting closure on the past-life condition. (And by "spiritual counseling" I don't mean anything learned through a degree program--but rather through a special calling to a karma-yoga and a high annointing That is the realm of the human process or conditioin in which the I Ching advises the employment of "magicians and priests in great numbers." See I Ching Hexagram #57 Penetrating Wind: 2nd changing line: which to me gives creedence to your suggestion that Aurelien should explore experiencing the Oneness Blessing from Sri Bhagavan or a similarly gifted spiritual healer:

Nine in the second place means:	Penetration under the bed.	Priests and magicians are used in great number.	Good fortune. No blame.At times one has to deal with hidden enemies, intangible influences that slink into dark corners and from this hiding affect people by suggestion. In instances like this, it is necessary to trace these things back to the most secret recesses, in order to determine the nature of the influences to be dealt with. This is the task of the priests; removing the influences is the task of the magicians. The very anonymity of such plotting requires an especially vigorous and indefatigable effort, but this is well worth while. For when such elusive influences are brought into the light and branded, they lose their power over people.

For Aurelien, the "priests" are Tao Stillness and yours truly serving as diagnosticians here--determining the nature of the influences to be dealt with. Removing the influence is the task of the Magician...and I believe (and Steve certainly does) that Sri Bhagavan fits that billing. Depending on what the nature of the influence is that's at the root-cause of your symptoms, Aurelian, I may have other suggestions for you in terms of a possibly needed spiritual healer.

Thanks again, Steve, and best regards to Aurelian.

Sifu Terry

Hi,

Thanks for everybody's counselling I find that really helpful, and it comes to confirm some things that I was already thinking about, and some are a bit related to stuff that I already tried. I tried shamanic healing twice, and I saw a kind of chinese doctor that was probably clairvoyant. Even though I feel like I feel better from what it was at the beginning, there is still that depression state that is turning around my head still quiet often but less than before. I had a conversation today with my parents about the conditions related to my pre and postnatal conditions, and something that might be in correlation with my lungs problems, and there were things that I found really relevant. I forgot to mention I'm premature baby, and was born at 7 months which is exactly the period of time when the lungs are finishing their developpement, and so after being born with a cesarian I was placed in an incubator with an oxygen mask. So I really thought that all of that might really have something to do with what I'm feeling now. Talking about the healing possibilities, I'm really ready to try everything that might work, it would be really great to get rid of that problem, so I would really appreciate if one of you, or somebody that you think to be competent would accept to be my therapist. I don't know whether or not it's possible to do that via skype, as I live in France, but I'm really ready to give a try to all the possibilities that I have. So Sifu Terry and Tao Stillness, tell me all the possibilities I have, to give a preview of the kind therapy involved and the results expected, and the time required/number of sessions and stuff like that. But thank you again, it's great to meet people that seem to see clearly into my problems and propose a solution, because I have to say that I kind of tried everything I could do just by myself, and really did it wholeheartly. Not that I'm desperate it's better, but still looking the light I'm able to see some days. =)

Cheers,

Aurélien

Hey thanks T.S.

On my regular FP practice days, when I do the 50 10 50, I am playing around with it. Somewhat doing "micro" movements with my both hands (but still my hands are steady), playing the with chi field. I keep doing this for like 10-15 minutes for me to be able to build up my hand sensing sensibility. My aim is to be able to feel energy field from other people or from energy objects like crystals, gemstones, orgonite, protective symbols (pentagram, star of david, etc) buddha/gods/godesses statues,etc. And seems like my hand sensing is becoming stronger--but not there yet as I wanted it to be. I'm just on my 4th month of FP practice. It would be surprising when I reach my two year practice, and to be equipped with blue light energy field! LOL ;)

I would like to note again, I am a first timer in ChiKung practices and FP is my first (but a longtime meditator)

:)

Edited by ShivaShakti

Shiva - I agree with Steve that your story of healing the guy's knee was quite inspiring. Your background in meditation probably contributed to a fast ramp up of Flying Phoenix energy, which in turn allowed you to heal another person.

With diligent practice, yes, you will see very significant results after two year. Also, your growth in FP energy may go in leaps, i.e., not just a gradual, steady increase. You may practice at seemingly the same level for months, but then all of a sudden you start to practice one day and then you notice something special happens. Again, as Sifu says, the FP energy is cumulative.

Keep up the good practicing and keep us posted as to progress!

Aurélien, I would advise you to pay attention to some very potent herbal medicine. For example cordyceps:

http://www.yahwehsaliveandwell.com/pages/cordycepsmushroom.htm

Cordyceps is also a major Lung tonic. It can be used to strengthen respiratory power in those who require extra energy in order to perform physical work (e.g. labor, sports or exercise) or it can be used by those who suffer from deficiency of Lung power. It is especially beneficial to those who suffer chronic Lung weakness with cough, wheezing or shortness of breath.

I've been taking it for awhile and feel it is in very good friendship with FP energy. It is absolutely safe medicine. Also there are some other medicine to strengthen shen (mind, heart) quality and thus fight depression issues. PM me if you want more information (also I can provide you with discounts option for this medicine if you consider to give it a try). That's all I will be able to help you with your problem

Shiva - I agree with Steve that your story of healing the guy's knee was quite inspiring. Your background in meditation probably contributed to a fast ramp up of Flying Phoenix energy, which in turn allowed you to heal another person.

With diligent practice, yes, you will see very significant results after two year. Also, your growth in FP energy may go in leaps, i.e., not just a gradual, steady increase. You may practice at seemingly the same level for months, but then all of a sudden you start to practice one day and then you notice something special happens. Again, as Sifu says, the FP energy is cumulative.

Keep up the good practicing and keep us posted as to progress!

Thanks Lloyd,

Two years is short, really. Flying Phoenix is a very easy practice and enjoyable. Two years will just fly.

Would be great if I Sifu Terry release those spiritual-martial Flying Phoenix :) Maybe for only those who are like you, that have years of "diligent" FP practice. Hopefully in secret DVD :):excl::wub:

Yes, Ron Teeguardian formulas are high quality and have been tested by my medical clairvoyant. I have used some of them a few years ago but my system just does not register any effects. That does not mean that they were not effective, just means I did not notice any benefits. But Tonic Alchemy is a great green powder to consume and my intuitive did test that one too. The Teeguardin catalogue is a quality work of art worth reading about these herbs. But to figure out on one's own which formulas to use would be a trial and error deal that I would not recommend doing. The staff at Teaguardin's store in Santa Monica, CA will consult over the phone to help pick a formula. I did that once and the person Rx the same formula that my medical intuitive had Rx. I had asked her which is the best formula for people who do chi kung. Dragonherbs.com.

Good news for asthma sufferers. I just received from Swanson Vitamin co. a research update suggesting Vitamin D has been tested for helping people with asthma. They did not give the dosage that was used in the research study.

Now that we are back from those commercial breaks here is some chi kung news.

Try taking a worry or negative train of thought that is bothering you before you do a Flying Phoenix session and then bring up the same thoughts while doing a FP meditation and see the difference. I find that when I am obsessed with a bothersome thought and then find myself thinking about it during the FP meditation, it just does not have the emotional charge that it does when not doing chi kung. To me this shows that FP chi kung helps mental health, eases anxiety and negative mental/emotional states. Does anyone else find that FP meds helps with emotional matters?

• Like 2

Steve - yes, FP definitely has a calming effect on emotion. And so I agree that it lessens emotional charge. In fact I find Flying Phoenix meditations (especially seated) are especially useful for mitigating stress. For anyone who practices meditation, if you meditate after doing FP you will find your mind is unusually calm and tranquil.

• Like 1

one of the primary attributes is the dispelling of emotional charge that FP has.

it also works to mitigate allergic reaction. AZ has periods of very high pollen/spore counts which used to affect my sinus and airways. The breath work has made a very significant difference this last couple of years.

• Like 2