Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Sifu Terry,

I am posting my medical clairvoyant's test results on what he has perceived with his heightened consciousness about the effects that Flying Phoenix Chi Kung DVD volume 5 meditations have on me. I would appreciate if you could comment on his perceptions based on your personal experience with these particular meditations.

This is all good stuff. Besides what is going in the body there is some subtle energetic action happening in the subtle bodies with all of these. Powerful.

Thanks for this post. Now I wonder what are the effects of the other volumes :) Like volume 2, that I am still practicing. Or the advanced seated meds volume 7

Keep us posted

• Like 2

It can be done very slow or fast, Flying phoenix is based off the air element so you can go off the wind, if its a windy you may match it, if its quiet you can move slow or go off how your energy is and combine. Graceful like heavenly phoenix!!! I find it very relaxing but I also do it as if im fighting someone...

• Like 1

You asked about adding something to FP Qi Kung, its better to add something that can help you and still keep with the systems name, this is why I made this DVD as im always reading people mixing other stuff with BFP FP, why not challenge yourself with the FP Heavenly sword? :)

• Like 2

Sifu Garry, your technique looks excellent. What is the relation of this sword set to Flying Phoenix Chi Kung, and can they be practiced together? Is this one of the fighting forms of Bak Fu Pai or is it specifically for internal development? Thanks

• Like 1

But this is much more external than FP meds I believe. It's may be like in taichi. Form is more for maintaining the body and martial in application, and working with "external" meridians, but there is nreikung in taichi wich is different and more internal. So sword form is more external than FP meds?

Not really, just you learning to hold something heavy in your hands that you dont do with meditations, in chinese a weapon is an extension of your hands so you building the body & mind at the same time moving energy. Its all energy anyway at the end of the day and doesnt matter if you firm or relaxed both serves a purpose in blood - Qi moving.

• Like 1

Thanks. I have wooden boken (sword) which I have had from my aikido training. Will it work with this form or I will have to get another one? Which one you would recommend?

Yes of course, I explain on using heavy to light swords... makes u visualise killing or cutting someone.

Pure evil! :o;)

I can't recall the movie but its in the future and the main character is part of a police force but they teach this awesome form that if perfected makes you invincible in a gun fight. I think they called it the Gunkata.

Edit: if my post seems like its the end of a larger post, it is. I hate my iPad...I do. A lot.

Edited by h.uriahr

I can't recall the movie but its in the future and the main character is part of a police force but they teach this awesome form that if perfected makes you invincible in a gun fight. I think they called it the Gunkata.

Equilibrium. Good movie. The gun kata supposedly covers the most strategic angles in a gunfight . . . or something like that.

I've studied staff and sword forms and find the staff to be the more beneficial as far as my personal internal development goes. The big waxwood staff is my favorite. When I first started training with it I could only do about six rounds of 'looking for snake in tall grass' before my core was on fire.

• Like 1

Hello! I'm new to the forum

As sifu Terry Dunn asked me via mail I'll post here my mail question, maybe someone can find it usefull

is the ability to heal other beings learned with this system?

How is this trained? Is this explained in the DVDs?

pitishukha - welcome to the thread!

To answer your question the DVD's do a great job of providing step by step insteuction on how to do each Flying Phoenix meditation exercise. Some of the meditations are done static (no movement) while most are done with movement. Some are done standing, others seated.

The Flying Phoenix energy cultivated by the practice of the meditations is a cumulative, healing energy. Initially the FP energy will heal the practitioner. Over time and with enough practice, the energy will build to the point that one can heal others.

Best bet is to purchase the DVD titled "Flying Phoenix Chi Kung Volume One: Five Basic Standing Meditations" and discover the practice for yourself. There are seven DVD volumes in all, btw. You can find them on Sifu Terry Dunn's website or Amazon.

HTH.

• Like 1

Hello! I'm new to the forum

As sifu Terry Dunn asked me via mail I'll post here my mail question, maybe someone can find it usefull

is the ability to heal other beings learned with this system?

How is this trained? Is this explained in the DVDs?

Hi Pitishukha,

Welcome to the Flying Phoenix thread.

Fu_dog has very nicely described the effectiveness of the DVD series in teaching the FP Qigong system.

In answer to your question of whether the Flying Phoenix DVD training program can enable one to heal others:

Yes, depending upon one's nature and level of compassion or will-to-heal, the ability to heal is definitely cultivated by the exercises contained in the CKFH dVD series. Even if healing others is not in one's heart, the FP qigong will still effect self-healing. One's belief system, or being totally pre-occupied mentally, or even dissipated in terms of mental focus will still not prevent the FP Qigong exercises' self-healing effects.

However, I have experienced teaching some students who were so tense and so dense with such extremely rigid ego structures that they felt the effects of the FP Qigong every time they practiced but it doesn't immediately register with their spirit or even in the short term. Different people experience the energy break-throughs and the elevation awareness at different times. But I find that most people who experience FP Qigong take to its energy like children to cotton candy. The distinctive and tangible Flying Phoenix healing energy is real and discernibly different from all other forms of chi cultivated by other authentic systems of Qigong. And if practiced diligently and correctly, over the longer term of just a couple of years, the reserve of FP healing energy cumulatively cultivated in one's body (as described by Fu_dog) can facilitate spontaneous healings of others, as I have described early on in this thread. That's one of the most marvelous and wonderful aspects of Fei Feng San Gung--Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditations.

Thanks for your question about FP Qigong practice for the purpose of healing others.

My teacher of FP Qigong in the 1990's, GM Doo Wai, was a man of many qualities who was the inheritor of a vast body of pretty damn awesome ancient alchemic knowledge through his family lineage. The Grandmaster could be jocular, jovial, and joke-cracking in one minute and also a deadly serious disciplinarian when teaching his Kung Fu in the next. But cutting through all the controversy surrounding his many demonstrations of internal energy and the claims surrounding his Kung Fu, he told my classmates and I one thing that will always uphold when it comes to the Bok Fu Pai tradition. He said, "Healing is the most important thing."

Enjoy your FP practice and please keep us informed of your progress.

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 5

That's interesting thing. Just was reading thread on astrology signs. I myself am scorpio. I knew that there are few types of scorpio but I have never looked into details of it. So there are three types of scorpio: scorpio, eagle and phoenix.

Autumn advances--a time of impending hibernation. But even as the land is chilled, the seeds within it promise eventual reawakening. This is the season of Scorpio, one of the most complex of the zodiacal signs. Life, death, and resurrection are inextricably linked in Scorpio. Powerful, insticntual Scorpios sting and destroy, but as their natures evolve, they also rebuild and create. It is significant that this sign has not one symbol, but three: the Scorpion, the Eagle, and the Phoenix.

According to Herodotus, the Phoenix was a beautiful bird seen in Heliopolis, Egypt, where it was a sacred emblem of the Sun. Just as the sun dies in its own fires every night and is reborn each morning, so the Phoenix was believed to undergo continual regeneration, consumed in flames on a pyre, only to rise again from the ashes. Like the Phoenix, Scorpios are survivors. Emotionally they may perish in the ashes of their own destructive nature. But they can also transcend and transform; they can bring forth from the ashes new and shining life. During this phase their intense perceptions will bend toward compassion understanding, rather than judgment. Their eroticism will reach beyond passion, toward love.

Scorpios have the capacity for high spiritual development, but, astrologers say, their path toward it is the most difficult in the zodiac. They must be alchemists, transmuting dark nature and selfish impulse into purified desire, striving to discipline themselves and to curb and channel their great destructive power toward constructive ends.

As far as I know there are two aspects of Flying Phoenix Heaven Chikung. One is healing and this is Level 1 which is disclosed on DVD's and there is Level 2 which is... destroying.

phoenix_300.png

image.jpg

• Like 1

I was recently at a friends house who is doing FP and he showed me the first 2 meditations from vol 7 without the breath percentage (he told me to buy the dvd to get the bp).There's only one thing that I can say after doing the 2 meds:

WOW!!WOW!WOW!WOW!!!

There are simply no words to describe the feeling----you guys this is THE REAL STUFF

I literally felt sections of my brain turning on and off depending on the hand positions

After that I felt complete LOVE with my entire body,so much that I almost raped myself in the mirror :) :)

Now,I've been reading some "interesting" stuff online about GM Doo Wai,that hes a crazy old man,he made up all the systems from the BFP and that his art is faker than the bridge I have for sale.I have only one word for them : ****** **** ***!

I''ll be ordering the complete set as soon as I deal with my financial problems,I'm wondering if Sifu Terry is shipping to Eastern Europe

• Like 1