Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Is it normal if I feel charged open being exposed to some peoples words here online? Especially you SIfu. I have not practiced FP just read this around thread.

I can also sense like a blue almost cyan at times, or with tiny cyan dots, energy emanating from you lot, especially Sifu.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, EmeraldHead said:

Is it normal if I feel charged open being exposed to some peoples words here online? Especially you SIfu. I have not practiced FP just read this around thread.

I can also sense like a blue almost cyan at times, or with tiny cyan dots, energy emanating from you lot, especially Sifu.

I will forward your message to him so that he can answer you sooner. 

Personally, I've seen many high level teachers in systems like Sleeping Qigong and Fragrant Qigong leave their energy signature in things from letters they write to videos of them, photographs of them, and even the pen they hold or water they are pouring. With that, it's not hard to imagine this is true for Flying Phoenix as well, even digitally imprinting one's energy. 

Edited by Earl Grey

17 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Personally, I've seen many high level teachers in systems like Sleeping Qigong and Fragrant Qigong leave their energy signature in things from letters they write to videos of them, photographs of them, and even the pen they hold or water they are pourin

The idea I got, is the blue energy is Not chi, but something else which acts like a radiance that the body constantly produces. LIke the light of a bulb, than it's temperature (chi) which ones given away is thus gone away. Am I wrong?

In replying to Earl Grey about energy signatures from Chi, Eric Isen has on occasion let me know the degree of healing energy that certain remote energy healers are able to generate. He has told me at times that a particular healer's energy is not strong enough to do the healing that the healer claims he can do. And in a particular case of a person who claims his musical CDs contain special sounds that heal he has tested this person's work and informed me that person indeed has a gift and his sounds will do what he claims. He also told me which of his musical pieces would be most beneficial for me to listen to. So definitely high energy people are able to spontaneously transmit their Qi. This also has been validated several times by the Transcendental Meditation organization with scientific studies published in journals. The energetic effect of a large group of meditators doing the TM Siddhis program resulting in very coherent and observable brain wave patterns can spontaneously cause other TM meditators at great distances away to have greater brain wave coherence. And this brain wave coherence from the TM meditators also produces greater coherence in the general population if a particular city just has one percent of its population doing the TM Siddhis program. I want to stress that this method does not consist of a large group sitting around thinking peaceful thoughts. The scientific technique is called the Maharishi Effect. First discovered after TMers all over the world reported that when they did TM their pets would fall into a deep sleep. That led to doing scientific research experiments and repeating the results in various cities about this one percent effect. This does not apply to other methods of meditation. But the point here is that yes, energy, Qi can and does spontaneously effect other people. My wife has reported many times that she knows when I am doing qigong because she can sense the energy even though she was not told by me that I am somewhere in the house doing my qigong at that time. Some people can sense the Qi from others while some people are sensitive enough to actually see the energy and report it as blue, gold or white in most cases. Eric has seen and described the colors produced from some of the Doo Wai meditations that he has tested for me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EmeraldHead said:

The idea I got, is the blue energy is Not chi, but something else which acts like a radiance that the body constantly produces. LIke the light of a bulb, than it's temperature (chi) which ones given away is thus gone away. Am I wrong?

It seems like you are stating that the qi and the radiance of the color are separate things, which is not necessarily the case. 

Tao Stillness explained quite well above and it's been discussed in many pages here on this thread, but if the answers still aren't clear, Sifu Terry will chime in if he feels is necessary to clarify and expand upon what was posted above and earlier in the thread too. 

Hi Sifu Terry, I have been doing the FP meditations on the first volume of the dvds, the standing meditations. My sexual energy  has increased. My walk is lighter, still needs more work but better than before. In general, I have more energy to do things.

I have a few questions,comments. Pardon me if this post is not structured.

When doing the "Monk Holding Peach" meditation with closed eyes, I was able to see things in front of me with eyes closed. It was like, I can see even when my eyes were closed. This was on the 3rd day of meditation maybe. I also feel some energy moving in my heart area when I do this meditation.

May I ask, Are certain meditations related to a certain dantien, like MGM with the upper and MHP with the middle dantien, so if I do one exercise more than other, I will have more energy in that dantien compared to others.

Secondly, How efficient is FPCK to protect one from entities. I know you have answered this before. But what if the entity is already in the body, will it be overcome by the FP energy. Can FPCK heal a person's aura completely, bcoz I have read that a damaged aura is what mostly leads to psychic attacks.

Edited by Learner

On 8/14/2019 at 11:36 AM, EmeraldHead said:

Hi EmeraldHead,

While there has been no reports like yours in all the 9.75 years of this discussion thread--of experiencing yogic effects just from reading words on the forum, what you've experienced is entirely possible.  Several years back, I posted an account where I was shown a writing by "Tao Stillness" (Steve Mehl)  that was written by Ayurvedic medical clairvoyant, Eric Isen.  And when I started reading this particular email written by Eric that Steve had forwarded to me via back channel DB email, I instantly felt the body relaxation and unique brain activation and Heightened State of Consciousness that Eric, as a deeksha of Sri Bhagavan, the founder of Oneness Meditation movement, emanates whenever he works.  It's a unique state brain activation that's slightly different from the pleasant energized state in Flying Phoenix Qigong practice where every cell on the surface of the brain feels individually charged,, then followed by a "washing sensation" throughout the entire brain matter; followed by the activation of the frontal lobe and back top of the head that FP Qigong induces.  The Oneness Meditation Deeksha energy charges up the parietal lobes up the side of the head above the ears--at least it does for me.  So all that is to say that if one is so calibrated and naturally attuned, one can immediately feel, see, or hear the energy embodied by the sender or source of the message.

Cyan or what I call a  flourescent sky blue is the color of FP Qigong healing energy that anyone can cultivate and see in short order by practicing this art.  If you get around to reading the entire thread, you'll know that he entire system of Flying Phoenix Qigong is very effectively taught through my DVD series that I made in 2004, which can teach the entire FPCK art without the presence of a Qigong master standing next to you.

http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

I'm also curious if you pick up anything from reading this webpage or by just looking at the photo at its top of Ehrmeishan, the monastic cradle of Flying Phoenix Qigong.

Thanks for your input.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Hello

Umm, this is going to sound a bit strange and off topic, but has anyone experienced any sudden awakenings? like a kundalini awakening?

My whole life is turning upside down. I'm having with very unbelievable experiences. I feel completely opposite, not self-centered and stuck in my problems, but totally connected to others. Highly sensitive and empathetic to others. Like I'm becoming an empath. Anyone experienced something like this, like a dramatic shift in your life and your personality? I also feel I've made no progress from the qigong system for whatever reasons I think I was just having problems in my life. I've taken a break from it, but I'm interested in starting the practice again and that it would be quite beneficial and useful in my life

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Qube said:

Hello

Umm, this is going to sound a bit strange and off topic, but has anyone experienced any sudden awakenings? like a kundalini awakening?

My whole life is turning upside down. I'm having with very unbelievable experiences. I feel completely opposite, not self-centered and stuck in my problems, but totally connected to others. Highly sensitive and empathetic to others. Like I'm becoming an empath. Anyone experienced something like this, like a dramatic shift in your life and your personality? I also feel I've made no progress from the qigong system for whatever reasons I think I was just having problems in my life. I've taken a break from it, but I'm interested in starting the practice again and that it would be quite beneficial and useful in my life

Yes, I believe I know what you’re going through , it means you are going through an initiation process to gradually introduce you to higher stages of consciousness, you’ll be more drawn to spiritual ways and your life will be reset, it’s like living your best and worse life at the same time but at the end of it you’ll know why it had to be this way. I wish you luck on your spiritual journey.

• Like 2

One way, and just one of multiple ways of looking at this kundalini experience is that some highly regarded true spiritual masters have stated that the Universe is currently producing some unique and powerful energies. I think that the more sensitive types are registering these energies as they ultimately serve to raise our consciousness. And the most powerful and quickest way for this to happen is by kundalini reaching the upper chakras. Many people are reporting spontaneous kundalini experiences the last few years. My opinion is that if this is happening to someone they might consider stabilizing the process by engaging in some kind of daily spiritual/energy practices such as meditation and qigong so that the kundalini is channeled in a grounded way. Educating oneself about kundalini is also important, I would think. Sounds like quite a gift to have kundalini rising experiences, assuming the recipient is of sound mind and body. Meaning emotionally stable without having significant mental health condition. 

• Like 3

On 8/23/2019 at 5:29 PM, Ancestor Paul said:

Yes, I believe I know what you’re going through , it means you are going through an initiation process to gradually introduce you to higher stages of consciousness, you’ll be more drawn to spiritual ways and your life will be reset, it’s like living your best and worse life at the same time but at the end of it you’ll know why it had to be this way. I wish you luck on your spiritual journey.

On 8/23/2019 at 5:41 PM, tao stillness said:

One way, and just one of multiple ways of looking at this kundalini experience is that some highly regarded true spiritual masters have stated that the Universe is currently producing some unique and powerful energies. I think that the more sensitive types are registering these energies as they ultimately serve to raise our consciousness. And the most powerful and quickest way for this to happen is by kundalini reaching the upper chakras. Many people are reporting spontaneous kundalini experiences the last few years. My opinion is that if this is happening to someone they might consider stabilizing the process by engaging in some kind of daily spiritual/energy practices such as meditation and qigong so that the kundalini is channeled in a grounded way. Educating oneself about kundalini is also important, I would think. Sounds like quite a gift to have kundalini rising experiences, assuming the recipient is of sound mind and body. Meaning emotionally stable without having significant mental health condition. 

Thanks Paul! Yes it feels like being reset, being reborn. I think I really needed this

Thx Tao stillness, yes it feels like I was given a gift. From a guru or divine being, and like I was initiated into a yogic lineage. 

Honestly I was not at all mentally stable, and I think this kind of saved my life. This process feels very healing, my traumas from the past are being healed. The difference I feel now (currently feels like still going through beginning stages) is the difference between a messed up person and a more, healthy spiritually evolved person

Edited by Qube
  • Like 1

@Qube I'd like to point out that qigong is not a be-all, end-all solution to mental and emotional traumas, as doing the form alone is only a part of the process for self-realization, self-actualization, self-awareness, and self-awakening, and Self-becoming (capital S). 

What is helpful are a good community and good teachers, for you can be a good student and have great lineage and a great system, but without the help of others along the path, it is not only difficult to monitor your development, but also get help in areas you may or may not be aware of that are crucial to overall healing. 

Giving someone who has trauma the Flying Phoenix DVDs for example will not make that trauma go away, but it will definitely help in the overall process with both therapy, counseling, love and support from friends and family, and proper training to develop the skillset necessary to neither project that trauma into unrelated areas in their life nor to revisit the trauma through reminders or triggers. 

Developing into an empath and wondering about your place in life and awakening are part of the process and the good thing about this forum is that in spite of the varying levels of skill and awareness or qualifications amongst members here, the ability to engage someone, not just talk to them, is a good first step in researching and finding people to relate to so that you don't feel alone in your experience as @Ancestor Paul and @tao stillness exemplify. Staying on this thread and engaging Sifu Terry are great because very rarely does a DVD home study series have easy access to a teacher who is dedicated to his students as he is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am not on bums recently ...  I continue to practice regularly,  although I have been doing more 'standing still' of late, 45 min to 1 hour first thing in the morning.

There seems to be a good deal of reference to the 5 short forms.   I think I reported that i did a 108 day gong,  during which I did not do the long form every day:(.   Now I do short form to combat  monkey  thought patterns that arise more of late at different times.  Politics of the destruction of  Nature stimulate a retreat to do one or more short standing meditations.

those arising at unusual times during the day or evening make the 5 short standing forms very  helpful and healing.

I need to return soon to a 108 gong of the long form,  I notice a 30 min practice feels very slow and that is just not in line with times that 35 - 40 minute forms were standard for me.

I am reading Dao De Jing in several versions which is also worth doing.  

Peace to all beings   Hoa Binh tat ca sinh vien.

riding the ox

• Like 2

Cyan or what I call a  flourescent sky blue is the color of FP Qigong healing energy that anyone can cultivate and see in short order by practicing this art.  If you get around to reading the entire thread, you'll know that he entire system of Flying Phoenix Qigong is very effectively taught through my DVD series that I made in 2004, which can teach the entire FPCK art without the presence of a Qigong master standing next to you.

I always see violet.   Have for decades.  In Chinese painting, the color violet represents the "unity transcending the duality of Yin and yang" and "the ultimate harmony of the universe".

!Except,  recently I had the second detached retina.  The first was 7 years ago.  I was much younger (lol),  but already doing long form.  This time was much harder on me,  took considerably longer to heal AND several times in the process of healing I saw small round dots of Cyan.

Today I had my first 35 min long form practice.   I have found that listening to Metamorphosis (Philip Glass) helps slow things down.

It is also interesting the meaning of the name and the changes that are happening when practice is consistent and on going.

I am having some trouble navigating TDB,  having been away for some time.

finally a clerk at the local COSTCO selling vitamins or some ersatz product  guessed my age at 65   made me feel young again!!!

Edited by ridingtheox
add description of the color violet fm Wikipedia
  • Like 1

Being far from bums for a long time...

I'm curious, has DVD 6 ever been released?

Also if I remember correctly, there was talk of a probable FPCK book? Has it ever been published?

Edited by pitisukha

4 hours ago, pitisukha said:

Being far from bums for a long time...

I'm curious, has DVD 6 ever been released?

Also if I remember correctly, there was talk of a probable FPCK book? Has it ever been published?

Vol 6 was released but is out of print.

The book is not yet published.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, tao stillness said:

I think I read that the meditations that are on volume 6 will only be taught to private students in the future and thus it will not be re-released. 

That is correct.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, pitisukha said:

What are those meditations (sitted, standing)?

I was taught a sitting meditation in a private lesson...

They are both but from Bok Fu Pai rather than Flying Phoenix.

• Thanks 2

@zen-bear First of all thank you making these teaching public and taking the time to share wisdom in this thread. Could you please clarify the training schedule for FP?

Earlier in the thread you said that one should work their way through the whole of DVD 1 in 1 sitting whilst aiming to increase the time for each pose to 15 minutes with eyes closed and then start the seated meditations in volume 2 but the online training schedule says different?

http://taichimania.com/trainingschedule.html

I'm just wondering what the best way to start practicing this form is if one has ample dedication and time in order to gain the optimal results? Also I saw you mention a FP book a few years back, that would be really handy to accompany the DVDs as there is so much to learn and lots of info is spread throughout this thread. How is it progressing and when will it be available please?

Cheers

As Sifu Terry is often out, I'll answer some common questions as mentioned multiple times in this thread (use the search function or actually read from beginning to end--it's worth it). 

6 hours ago, alchemystical said:

Could you please clarify the training schedule for FP?

Earlier in the thread you said that one should work their way through the whole of DVD 1 in 1 sitting whilst aiming to increase the time for each pose to 15 minutes with eyes closed and then start the seated meditations in volume 2 but the online training schedule says different?

These are suggestions for beginners and others, but not required to follow it strictly. One member, ridingtheox I believe, began with the long form on volume 4 already as he already has a Tai Chi background. He later went and did the earlier volumes and experienced many benefits from it still. Do as you like--some people go slow, some people do many at once, but as long as you do the practice regularly and correctly, you will benefit.

I'm just wondering what the best way to start practicing this form is if one has ample dedication and time in order to gain the optimal results?

Optimal results just come from practice. Some people generally say 45 minutes of practice or more a day makes the benefits very visible and tangible. One member here, Astral_butterfly, mentioned lying down in Monk Holding Pearl for hours and wrote a few pages earlier the many breakthroughs she had through this form alone. 

Alternatively, optimal varies for each person. You may consult Eric Isen for the system as a whole or for specific forms that are good for you, by going to his site www.ayurvedicintuitive.com.

How is it progressing and when will it be available please?

He gets asked this question often, but is involved with a lot of other projects and writing now, so his update on the book status has yet to be given. Based on conjecture, it will come when it is meant to come as he is a perfectionist. 

• Like 2

Thank you @Earl Grey I'm busy reading through the thread as we speak as its packed with great info for the finders who wish to seek but wished to clarify this contradiction which you have nicely. So in a nutshell,  just do it!

When you speak of the 45 minute a day approach I take it that refers to doing one meditation from disc one along with one from two as suggested in the online instructions as opposed to just following the 1st DVD as that is also about its running time? I did read that post you mentioned about ox and his approach which worked well for him given his prior knowledge but I wish to build it from the ground up and master the form, hence the basic questions.

Cheers

5 minutes ago, alchemystical said:

When you speak of the 45 minute a day approach I take it that refers to doing one meditation from disc one along with one from two as suggested in the online instructions as opposed to just following the 1st DVD as that is also about its running time?

Doesn't matter if it's one form or two forms, as long as your cumulative total practice is roughly that time, you are good. Remember, volume 5 has 90-second flash meditations that are really powerful too. Some call them "bon-bons" but they are not. You can get a huge boost from doing them after establishing your background, or you can do them multiple times to get to 45 minutes. You can do Monk Gazing at Moon for 45 minutes. You can do 4 or 5 meditations and reach 45 minutes or more. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1