Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Cihan is right. FPCK works better without daydreaming. Alert calm is the best.  Works every time, verifiable and repeatable.

I realised : thinking draws energy to our "monkey mind". I should generally, in life, draw less energy to my mind and leave it free to circulate naturally to balance out in me and regulate me. I knew this before but only now am I internalising it.

Thinking slows down healing. It makes a part of our self a vampire for the rest of ourself. (Where the mind goes - chi follows).

It is not for nothing that daydreaming makes us fall asleep and takes us to the "drunk realm", where we are at the mercy of our loitering. The different dimensions are not only places. They are our essence, what we are made of.

I had realised through astral travel that heaven (or any "layer" of heaven) is not merely a place but also the stuff we could be or are  made of, as are all the dimensions, after all. Daydreaming is like a car with a drunk driver.

I no longer want to stay permanently in autopilot. I will work on this.

This page in my life is the start of the narrowing of the gap between what I am and what I could be. The more I am on top of my monkey mind, the less I will stress when confronted with upheaval (autopilot=knee jerk reactions).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2019 at 8:39 AM, Antares said:

Well, I understand your point but do not understand why the reaction on my query is so harsh. I personally would appreciate any grounded view on any aspect of human spiritual development. I just wanted to know the perspective of FPQ on Yuan Jing (because it is one of the basic fundamentals im any taoist art) and that why I brought up this topic in this thread. 

No, this is not BASTARDIZATION at all.

May be I used the wrong word "converting" instead of "turning" but in general it is last stage of the spiritual transformation in taoist arts. For example 

https://internalwudangmartialarts.com/2016/04/01/the-four-stages-in-wudang-meditation/

So you suppose this is absolutely irrelevant to the FPQ system? What is the final goal of FPQ may I ask then? Thanks

Antares,

Ok, thanking for posting this theory from the Wudang tradition.

so "Shen into Emptiness" may not be a bastardization of Six Harmonies/Eight Methods' (Liu He Ba Fa's ) final (Sixth) Harmonization "Movement into Emptyiness."

So what does this final 9-year instructional phase in a Wudang tradition have to do with Flying Phoenix Qigong?--or any Bok Fu Pai internal art?  

The answer is still nothing.

I have all the respect for the Wudangshan arts as I do for the ones that I practice and preserve.  As a matter of fact, the Eight Sections of Energy Combined Kung Fu system that I learned from GM Doo Wai (along with only 2 other classmates) is an art that GM Doo Wai is certain has its roots in Wudangshan.  I also happen to practice the Wudang Dan Jian Form, which I learned five years ago from a student of Wudangshan's Master Bing (in exchange for Push-hands lessons).

But Wudang's yogic teachings to attain immortality by "transforming Shen into Emptiness" are not relevant to Bok Fu Pai arts.  Period.

Not that i needed the confirmation, but for the sake of being able to quote Grandmaster Doo Wai to re-emphasize the points I made in my previous posting, at the end of a pleasant Skype conversaation last night that he had initiated, I asked him if there was any significance in Bok Fu Pai to a "final stage of 9 years of training." 

HE SAID, "NO." 

I also asked him if in our tradition there was any use in talking about spiritual development in terms of "jing" and "shen".  HE LOOKED AT ME BLANKEDLY AND THEN SAID, "NO" AND CHUCKLED.

Then I asked him if there was any need to think of "jing" and "shen" while practicing Bok Fu Pai arts. 

HE SAID, "NO."

I then said, "just do the practices correctly, right?"

HE SAID, "YES..(and with a smile) YEAH, OF COURSE!"

The difference between Wudang internal arts and Ehrmeishan internal arts (Bok Fu Pai) is the difference between the Black Snake & Tortoise and the White Tiger.

So please do not take yogic and spiritual writings from other Taoist traditions out of context and post them here to make off-hand speculations about levels of practice of sages like Feng Dao Deh that you know nothing about.  And if you are not deeply practiced in the Taoist internal arts created of Chen Tuan, Lu Tung Pin, and now Wudang founder Zhen Wu--whose alchemic writings you cite and believe to be universally applicable (but you have not been taught the meaning of those writings by  Masters of those arts who are versed in the classical Chinese language), then you are indulging in a false pride that serves no constructive purpose for anyone  following this thread.

Sifu Terry Dunn

P.S.  You also wrote:    I personally would appreciate any grounded view on any aspect of human spiritual development.

A little broad, don't you think?

••> Please start your own separate discussion thread with this question.  By seeking "any aspect of human spiritual development", you are only inviting further disruption and derailment of this discussion about the practice of FP Qigong.  And such disruptive off-topic postings will be promptly deleted. 

Please enjoy your fielding of "most aspects of human spiritual development" elsewhere on the blogsite.  Since they are transcendental and ineffable, you will be sure to get responses describing high spiritual experiences that can't be eff'd.

Edited by zen-bear
correction names and titles
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

i am slowly recovering from surgery to re-attach the retina in my left eye.   Said surgery interrupted my practice in March.   I resumed exercises about a week later after the eye doc exam reported attachment was good.     at first i resumed tai ji and  the short standing FP exercises (no bending over to put pressure on the eye.  I resumed a toned down long form on April 1st.  Today I am at day 16 and have gradually 'decreased' the speed ie. lengthened the time of practice.  In fact today was my first ever  40+ min performance of the long form.   I was hoping that my recovery would be faster with the LF being slower.  LOL

any how I had a really strong session today.  I feel like I am finally getting a sense of 'embryonic' breath,  which i interpret to mean the cellular respiration of the body, which occurs from conception up to birth of course.  After birth post natal breath also occurs via the lungs and external qi.   When I am deeply in the process my awareness of cellular breath increases.  I am pleased to have reached this new level of awareness of qi processes.

• Like 5

On 09/04/2019 at 9:16 PM, zen-bear said:

As my Taoist colleague, author Deng Ming Dao, wrote in his 1980's biography of his great master, Huashan Taoist priest Kwan Sai Hung, "The Wandering Taoist" (which I strongly recommend that you and every Taoist practitioner read):

"There are no chakras.  There are no meridians.  Everything is Mind."

On 24/02/2019 at 4:11 AM, zen-bear said:

I am thrilled that you have experienced the fact that there is NO INTERMEDIARY at work in FP Qigong practice.  FP Qigong is not like the Catholic church!  there is just you, the FP Art, and the Ever-Conscious Universe that your practice opens up.

This is so simple and yet we (myself previously included) seek to analyse and understand because "nothing is that simple".

Well actually it is. And once the simplicity is internalised, there is nothing but the practice.

I no longer wish to understand anything material, philosophical or historical about the art. Just accepting it is really liberating, and I encourage aspiring practitioners to "JUST DO IT". I haven't worried about the contents of my tummy, a little tiredness or sometimes even location, I have tried to "just do it" and the results are still there.

Guys, just do it!

Does anybody know is it beneficial to continue fp practice if one is under emotional distress?

Going through some stuff and really dont wana halt my practice but i know ive read in other styles that it is not recommended to practice if one isnt balanced emotionally.

Appreciate any responses

8 minutes ago, LightShadowDao18 said:

Does anybody know is it beneficial to continue fp practice if one is under emotional distress?

Going through some stuff and really dont wana halt my practice but i know ive read in other styles that it is not recommended to practice if one isnt balanced emotionally.

Appreciate any responses

Generally amongst Qigong styles emotional states can affect flow of qi.

I recommend some silent sitting first  to get at least into a neutral state if not a happy or calm one. Alternatively you can chant mantras to relieve emotional duress and ask me privately which would be good for you to at least shift momentarily before practice. Both of these options are also good to do after because FP energy in my personal experience has helped flow improve for these two meditation styles.

I have also had friends who were upset who felt better after FP but I don’t recommend practicing while stressed often. If this isn’t satisfactory of an answer, wait for Sifu Terry to respond, and try at least the meditation before and after practice to help shift.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LightShadowDao18 said:

Appreciate any responses

You need to stop your thoughts — not by force— who are responsible for the triggering of your emotional stress first. As Earl Gray suggested, correct meditation is one of the best ways for this, as it is a pactice utilizing  attention, which affects the thought process.

Moving forms may be a little more difficult to attain no—thought. By no—thought, I am adrressing to verbal process/mental chattering and reconstructing past events.

Negative emotional energies are usually monsters when you face them directly, and if you don’t know how to own them, they might do some real bad, bad damage. You have to have a strong heart before you face them. So be careful, intelligent and tactful, don’t be a hero in your practing. 

You might try monk holding pearl sitting cross-legged version. Do it untill you teach a treshold when the breath tends to stop naturally for short moments. In that mode, there is much bliss and lots of healing which is observable, which will unstress your respective internal organs responsible for your emotional stress. But this comes only after a certain practice time, it is not instantenous.Do it at least for an hour to come to this. Under no circumstances force the breathing process. To help, you might pay attention to what you are thinking, as it stops dead the verbal thinking process, which will also include your emotion triggering memories.

Good luck, get well soon.

Edited by cihan
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2013 at 7:39 AM, ShivaShakti said:

Hey Eugene,

So you want to experience bliss...

Here's a tip that maybe you can follow. This is the way, I do it BTW.

Do Vol 2 in the morning, 5,60,80,40,30 and 90,50,40,30,10
take a good nutritious lunch, on the afternoon, 5,60,80,40,30 and 90,50,40,30,10, and 90,80,50,20
eat nutritious at dinner. Evening 5,60,80,40,30 and 50,40,30,10

Do all these meds, everyday. You may experience some bliss/feel good/good mood on the third day. even in the first day if you've done them correctly/properly.

Now do these meds real slow, meaning be so mindfully engage in your hand movements. pay very close attention to your every movements. Now if you do this correctly/properly, you should notice that your awareness is expanded! if not, your not really paying much attention.

Now what is expanded consciousness like, or feel like? in this mind state, you perceive more "space", and so when you extend your arms, you can sense that your arms seems much longer" (also when you raise your arms, they seems much higher). you don't need to visualize it, that your limbs are longer, you will perceive it automatically when you really become that fully engage in your hands movements and body sensations.

It this expanded state, you will also tend to enjoy your practice more, so longer hours tend to be enjoyable rather than to bore you to death ;)

This is my usual time periods

5,60,80,40,30 = 7 to 10 minutes
90,50,40,30,10 = 30 min
50,40,30,10 = 50 min to 1 hour (this meds have lots of movements, so it is taking longer)
90,80,50,20 = 30 min

All of what I have said, is also the key to having penetrating eyes and having to experience a powerful personality change. also you can have insights.

Good luck to your FP practice and enjoy it!

Hello Everyone,

I have re-posted Shiva Shakti's post (to "Eugene") 6 years and one month ago in which he gives an excellent prescription for beginners--and advanced practitioners-- to experience  meditative bliss using just the basic Seated Warm-up meditations and the  3 "Monk Serves Wine" seated meditations on the Volume 2 DVD and the one preparatory "warm-up seated med with breath sequence (5 60 80 40 30).   (I came across Shiva's post along with many others because I am now combing all postings from Feb. 2013 to the present for all practitioners' accounts of significant health benefits brought on by their practice--short or long term--of FP Qigong...because I'm laying the groundwork for a public health study on the efficacy of FP Qigong.)

I post ShivaShakti's Rx  here because he confirmed by his own practice that the "basic" and "preparatory" MSW meditations are not so "basic."  As is true of many complete Qigong systems, the secret is taught at the very beginning and ot remains an open secret that many people just don't see or recognize in their impatience  or hate for something more "advanced."  If you are experiencing good results from your FP practice thus far and have a very comfortable and deep Monk Gazing At Moon facility, and therefore a powerful BTB and WTTreetops, going back to doing what some call "Seated Monk Gazing At Moon" (5 60 80 40 30) will be a profound booster and catalyst to your practice.

I also strongly recommend  that beginnin practitioenrs complement Shiva's Rx with 3 stationary standing FP mediations (MHPearl, MHPearl-supine, MHPeach, MGM) PLUS at least one of the moving standing meditation-- Bending the Bows, Wind Through Treetops, Wind Above Clouds, Moonbeam, or the FPHHCM Long Form because, of course, the standing meditations are more powerful and beneficial to the body than the seated MSW meds, even though the latter may feel more affective and may even seem like a ticket to transcendental bliss.  ;-)

Or, if you are an experienced FP practitioner who has learned all meditations presented in the DVD series (vol.1-5 and vol.7), I recommend complementing your basic seated MSW formula with doing the following combinations:

A.)   Any four of the five moving FP Standing meditations one in one session:  

Bending the Bows, Wind Above the Clouds, Wind Thru Treetops, Moonbeam,

and FPHHCM (aka Vol.4 Long Form), or--

B.)   Two rounds of FPHHCM Long Form --one right after the other.

Since the start of the year, I have upped the  frequency of practicing FP Qigong to 5 times a week. Whenever I practice, I always practice two rounds of the FPHHCM Long Form coupled with doing 3 of the Monk Serves Wine meditations (7 rounds of each, of course).  I usually do the 3 MSW's in one practice session.  Sometimes I will do one MSW "waker-upper"-type in the morning and two sleep-supporting MSW meds in the evening..

This is my Passover/Easter prescription for intermediate and advanced  FP practitioners to deepen their practice--in terms of jhanic absorption--and to enjoy their time practicing FP all the more, which is something ShivaShakti nicely cited above in his post.

Again, as one becomes ore proficient in the FP system, the basic FP meditations will reveal themselves to be not so "basic" at all--but rather very advanced.  This is also true in many classical systems of Qigong--such as the Tao Tan Pai ("Taoist Elixir Method"), which is 1,300 years old and attributed to Taoist saint Lu Tung Pin.  In that 6-level system (7 if one includes the 5 Animal Kung Fu forms), the secret is taught in the very first exercise of the 31 most basic Meditations, which is called Circling Palms and is done in 4 sets of 8 repetitions.  Having completed the entire TTP system (which means having mastered the TTP-31, the Shen Exercises, the Nine Flowers, the Six Stars, and the dangerous Five Dragons meditation,  "Circling Palms" becomes the height of profundity...because one discovers and realizes that it embodies Tai Chi.

But just as in Tao Tan Pai, expanded state of consciousness is attained when all the FP meditations can be done with total relaxation and fluidity so that one no longer feels the body.  That is the basic standard in basic sedentary meditation, as set forth in the I Ching, Hexagram 52 "Keeping Still"... and that is the same meditative modality that is facilitated by doing the Flying Phoenix moving meditations "at the speed of a shifting sand dune", which is at least 3 times slower than typical Tai Chi form speed.   When one has practiced the FP moving meditations properly long enough, one will no longer feel the body while moving and will have attained the most advanced body mechanics that Tai Chi grandmaster William C. C. Chen describes as  "muscle-free."

Carry on and Good Practicing to all.

Sifu Terry Dunn

http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Once again I have to second what Sifu Terry has claimed for Circling Palms from Tao Tan Pai. 

When I was learning that movement about 4 years ago I found that if I then performed the few other qigong methods that I was also doing at the time, those other methods were noticeably enhanced because for the first time I could actually feel Qi flowing as I was performing the movements. The only thing that could account for this more powerful experience of Qi flow was the TTP Circling Palms which I had learned from Sifu Terry in a private Skype session. That experience of really feeling something while performing qigong really took my enjoyment to another level. 

And it is an axiom that the foundation must be laid before moving on to the next level. Ip Man of Wing Chun kung fu fame taught that the first form of Wing Chun called Sil Lim Tao, is the most important one and his son stated that is the form that his father practiced the most. The foundation form contained the skills that would be needed for the next levels. So if a student did not master the first level but then went on to the next level he would not be able to perform it effectively. I remember introducing Flying Phoenix Chi Kung to a very experienced qigong practitioner who had great sensitivity to energy. He decided because of his qigong experience that he did not need to order any of the beginning FP dvds. He went right to volume 4, tried it once and declared that there was nothing special about it. I think that comes with disregarding the basics and going straight to the advanced stuff. 

Edited by tao stillness
mispelled word correction
  • Like 4

Wanting to resume practice of the advanced seated after a break and my DVD player is broken : (      Can someone remind me, for the 'sleeper' (50 20 10), at the end of each round when hands are in lap palms up thumbs touching, what is the transition from that to hands in prayer position in front of chest?  Is it slide the palms apart and put backs of fingers/hands together pointing up and moving up?  Forgot, thanks!

6 hours ago, growant said:

Wanting to resume practice of the advanced seated after a break and my DVD player is broken : (      Can someone remind me, for the 'sleeper' (50 20 10), at the end of each round when hands are in lap palms up thumbs touching, what is the transition from that to hands in prayer position in front of chest?  Is it slide the palms apart and put backs of fingers/hands together pointing up and moving up?  Forgot, thanks!

Correct.

On 4/23/2019 at 8:44 PM, growant said:

Hi Growant,

Sorry I'm not in LA to show this to you in person, but as most know, I have been in Lenox, MA for the past year and 7 months teaching in residence at a holistic health resort called Eastover Estate.  (next FP Workshop is May 2 to 5, btw--that's too weeks).  Notices will be going up shortly.

The last posture in the meditation (palms clasped in front of heart/upper chest is gotten to from the preceding posture (palms in lap, right hand in left palm with thumbs touching--aka, the earth meditation position) by pulling the elbows outward to the sides a few inches so that the fingertips touch and the  palms no longer overlap.  Then touch back of the hands together and bring them up the centerline (backs of the hands touching)  to heart level.  Then at heart level, clasp the palms to face each other in the "prayer" position (imagining that the two hands are hinged at the little fingers (pinkies). 

Resting breathes between each round:  After a few breathes in that final position, you separate the hands turning the palms downward and float them down to land atop of each knee.  In that palms on kneecaps position, you can do quiet sitting and take as many resting breathes as you like before starting the next round.

I just happened to do this "Sleeper" meditation last last night after doing an unpublished  MSW that has breath-control sequence of (50 60 80 10).  Slept like a baby.

Best,

Sifu Terry

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 3:01 AM, Astral_butterfly said:

I am now in the third month of non-stop practice, trying for the 100 day gong.

I had one day when I practically did nothing because of "home hindrances" (Saturday with child oblige), but technically it still counts as 5 minutes :)

So coming in here to say it has been almost 10 weeks, the average time per day is between 30-60 minutes, rarely 30 minutes, mostly 1 hour to 2 hours, thanks to the convenience of supine MHP.

Effects observed thus far:

• Disappearance of undiagnosed abdominal chronic pain endured since 2014
  • Disappearance of dysmenorrhea (used to be bad!)
  • Detox of reproductive area
  • De-bloating of abdomen
  • Disappearance of lower back pain
  • Increase of lower back flexibility (before, I couldn't pick up something that fell or tie my shoes)
  • Draining of sinuses
  • Clearing of fine forehead rash (probably due to decrease of abdomen - liver?- fire)
  • Rejuvenation and permanent hydration of skin (appear as way younger than my age)
  • Hair and nail growth
  • Increased physical energy
  • Warm extremities
  • Increased libido
  • Deeper, more restful sleep
  • Increase in mental alertness, whether woken or sleeping/dreaming
  • Increase in positive attitude
  • Increase in inner peace/contentment
  • More synchronicities
  • Decrease in irritability
  • Increase in pious/devotional feeling
  • Increase in frequency of compassionate surges (I had these, but now they are closer and closer together and last longer), especially in crowded places - I used to stress a bit when around a lot of people, now I nurture them and pray for them and feel genuine empathy for irritable ones
  • Increase in mindfulness over my body and over my responses to people and situations
  • Decrease of need to be in perfect control at all times (a particular source of stress for me, especially as concerns finances as I am the breadwinner and also support my mom)

Effects during meditation:

• Gurgling in abdomen and evacuation of gas
  • Faster metabolism/weight loss
  • Acute awareness of tension in organs
  • Feeling the FPCK energy move and act internally
  • Feeling "showers" of energy going down my body, I call it "cosmic glitter", especially when thinking of the Divine
  • When wanting to sneeze, redirection of energy into body, causing "cosmic glitter" feeling
  • Tearing of right eye as soon as I start meditation
  • Feeling of upward "pulling" behind the nose, probably in the pituitary gland area
  • Various tingles and sensations in brain
  • Twitching of body with sudden, short out-breaths
  • Ability to enter deep meditation fairly fast
  • Distortion of time
  • Awareness of postural mistakes
  • Seeing my hands as fluorescent blue during MGM
  • Seeing blue sparks at random times

This list is not exhaustive but it is all I can think about for the time being.

My marriage is definitely thriving and I think the good energy is a conduit for this.

My relationship with my mom living with us is also much better (she suffers from BPD, so the relationship status is a good barometer for my state of mind). 

I am very grateful for the tangible change in my quality of life. I really needed it, as a burn-out was imminent, and my child needs me to be there for her. Overall satisfaction and happy to continue to where the system leads me. Anything further is a bonus.

Hi Astral B,

I'm sorry to take sooo long to reply to your post.

First, I want to congratulate you for attaining the significant improvement of your health condition and the remission of so many serious and painful symptoms through your diligent and persevering practice of FP Qigong.  Second, I want to thank you very much for sharing with the FP Qigong community in precise detail what symptoms and conditions were ameliorated by your FP Qigogn practice.  I know that salient results like yours are not derived from casual,  irregular practice of the FP Qigong.  So I congratulate again on your constancy and stick-to-itness.

Below are my comments and hopeful elucidations on some of the items you've detailed under two categories:  "Results so far" and "Effects during meditation":

• Disappearance of undiagnosed abdominal chronic pain endured since 2014 –– I remember you describing this problem in your earliest posts on the thread.  Thus i know this remission must be such a blessed relief for you--not only because the pain cessated, but also the long-term lingering fear and apprehension because it went undiagnosed for so long.
  • Disappearance of dysmenorrhea (used to be bad!) –I had a few reports of this
  • Detox of reproductive area
  • De-bloating of abdomen -- !!!!!
  • Disappearance of lower back pain –– this is a most common side-effect of FP Qigong.  The breath control sequences and subsequently freer breathing done over a long period of time will relieve all tension in the diaphragm and gut region.  Then as a result, lower back tensions are relieved.
  • Increase of lower back flexibility (before, I couldn't pick up something that fell or tie my shoes) –– due to same process described just above.
  • Draining of sinuses -- very common benefit, clearing up symptoms of toxemia.
  • Clearing of fine forehead rash (probably due to decrease of abdomen - liver?- fire) – you can get clear diagnosis of the cause of the rash and the mechanism that healed the rash-relief if you consult a good medical clairvoyant like Eric Isen.  (Contact me via backchannel email and I can give you more info, if you're interested.)
  • Rejuvenation and permanent hydration of skin (appear as way younger than my age) ––a most common side-effect of FP Qigong. Disappearance of wrinkles, smoother, healed younger looking skin. 
  • Hair and nail growth –  Hair: specifically, thicker, stronger hair, 100% rejuvenated and re-colored from the follicles upward.  Another most commonly reported side-effect of FP Qigong--especially rapid toenail growth that's most noticeable. My personal experience has been that fingernails grow noticeably faster, but toenails grow even faster than fingernails. 
  • Increased physical energy -- that enables one to get more work done day to day without fatigue.
  • Warm extremities ––this to is blessed relief and quite a in-the-flesh revelation for those suffering from chronic cold hands and cold feet.
  • Increased libido -- when the allostasis is induced by the FP Qigong (I liked to say quickly "kicked in"), the body functions more efficiently, less energy is wasted, thus sexual energy is cultivated and kept in resreve, instead of being constantly depleted from the body being in survival mode and having to heal itself with that generative force.  Increase in libido results from FP Qigong no matter the age of the practitioner.
  • Deeper, more restful sleep –– Another most commonly reported side-effect of FP Qigong--so reliable that I teach a 90-minute module at high-end holistic health spas and resorts in America called "Flying Phoenix Qigong for Optimal Sleep."
  • Increase in mental alertness, whether woken or sleeping/dreaming Nice discernment that you are more lucid and alert in your waking hours as well as in your dreamstates!  As stated several times in different ways, FP Qigong zooms you through the fist two Jhanas (levels of concentration/absorption mapped by the Buddha in his Visuddhimagga).
  • Increase in positive attitude – increase is natural due to cessation of prolonged pain and feeling poorly, which if unabated can lead to pessimistic outlook and to depression
  • Increase in inner peace/contentment –– back to the Source that's never left you.
  • More synchronicities -- Once the body's physiological processes--all the organ systems-- are synchronized and working harmoniously as designed by Nature and God, then one's body/microcosm becomes synchronized to the macrocosm.
  • Decrease in irritability -- "No one's bleeding, no one's dying, I'm not in pain anymore, so what's the problem?"
  • Increase in pious/devotional feeling -- whether or not you had spiritual devotion before starting FP Qigong, the bliss produced by practice makes one grateful to a higher source because it is not a mundane feeling. The most common remark made by FP practitioners over the years is "I can't believe that ahuman being could have created this art."
  • Increase in frequency of compassionate surges (I had these, but now they are closer and closer together and last longer), especially in crowded places - I used to stress a bit when around a lot of people, now I nurture them and pray for them and feel genuine empathy for irritable ones -- A self-reinforcing feedback loop, as taught by the Great Syrian Sage:  "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy."
  • Increase in mindfulness over my body and over my responses to people and situations --Like all spiritual arts, mastering self-awareness then leads to mastering other-awareness (this happens simultaneously when one is perfectly health; if not, then one follows the other as described);  natural self-regulation or self-control leads to natural ecological awareness and how to respond correctly to any encounter with human beings and  other forms of life.
  • Decrease of need to be in perfect control at all times (a particular source of stress for me, especially as concerns finances as I am the breadwinner and also support my mom) --  Wonderful to hear this.  When one has responsibility for others--financial and otherwise, one always tends to do whatever  one believes is necessary to insure that the positive status quo that you've worked hard to establish and maintain is not disrupted in any way by anybody.  Being able to recognize over-control  in keeping bread on the table and roof over the family members' heads frees up that unnecessarily tied-up energy that can be used to enjoy life and improve quality of life.  You've become a more "impeccable" provider; for Castaneda taught "the impeccability of a warrior" is nothig more than being able to "conserve one's energy."
  • Also, you can use the consistency and reliability of the FP Qigong meditations as an object lesson that there's no need to overcontrol:  Feeling the freeflow of the FP Healing Qi ignited by just the short discipline required in doing the meditation correctly is in itself a lesson that one can let go and that' the FP Healing Qi's "intelligent workings" cannot be controlled.

Effects during meditation:

• Gurgling in abdomen and evacuation of gas  -- FP Qigong will cause, solid, fluid, gaseous, and spiritual entities to pass out of the body.
  • Faster metabolism/weight loss ––if metabolism is unnaturally slow and stagnant, FP Qigong will speed it up to normal. If too fast and hot, FP Qigong will cool metabolic rate and slow it down.
  • Acute awareness of tension in organs – as I stated many times in this thread, GM Doo Wai explained the efficacy of FP qigong in terms of this Yoga's ability to "bring all the organ functions of the body under the regulation of the subconscious mind."
  • Feeling the FPCK energy move and act internally –  the "intelligent" and sophisticated movements in the FP meditations were designed to do that.
  • Feeling "showers" of energy going down my body, I call it "cosmic glitter", especially when thinking of the Divine --does the "cosmic glitter" have a color?
  • When wanting to sneeze, redirection of energy into body, causing "cosmic glitter" feeling  -- Nice skill
  • Tearing of right eye as soon as I start meditation -- Interesting
  • Feeling of upward "pulling" behind the nose, probably in the pituitary gland area -- Very interesting.
  • Various tingles and sensations in brain  -- pay more attention to these sensations when you meditate FP and see what happens.
  • Twitching of body with sudden, short out-breaths -- release of deep tensions, which could be fear-related.  Fear causes locking down of breathing;  as you bring tensions to surface, the historical clamping down of breathing gets undone.
  • Ability to enter deep meditation fairly fast -- One of the unique strengths and benefits of FP Qigong.  It takes you very deep very fast!!
  • Distortion of time -- because FP Qigong meditation transcends the construct of time.
  • Awareness of postural mistakes –– usually not just awareness, for the FP Meds  will correct and adjust the postures--usually after a whole lot of vibrations, shakings and tossings.
  • Seeing my hands as fluorescent blue during MGM -- Welcome to the rarified but not totally exclusive club!
  • Seeing blue sparks at random times -- Do you see this internally or with eyes open?

My marriage is definitely thriving and I think the good energy is a conduit for this.

My relationship with my mom living with us is also much better (she suffers from BPD, so the relationship status is a good barometer for my state of mind). 

>> So glad to hear that your most important relationships all around are thriving and much improved.  You made it all happen by diligently practicing FP Qigong correctly.

Thanks for sharing your terrific experience, Astral-B.

Congratulations again. 

Looking forward to hearing how your practice further  evolves.  You  have crossed the threshold to good health that also makes FP Qigong practice more and more fun and blissful.  Just to know experientially what "bliss" is is quite an extraordinary achievement.

Enjoy.

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 27/04/2019 at 10:44 AM, zen-bear said:

I know that salient results like yours are not derived from casual,  irregular practice of the FP Qigong.  So I congratulate again on your constancy and stick-to-itness.

Thanks Sifu, I have been serious about my practice indeed.

Disappearance of undiagnosed abdominal chronic pain endured since 2014 –– I remember you describing this problem in your earliest posts on the thread.  Thus i know this remission must be such a blessed relief for you--not only because the pain cessated, but also the long-term lingering fear and apprehension because it went undiagnosed for so long.
It is a huge relief, for the very reasons you mention. The only thing found was that is was hormonal in nature and I recommend FPCK to anyone wanting to regulate hormones.

Increased physical energy -- that enables one to get more work done day to day without fatigue.
This is the biggest pleasure for me, I feel so equipped to deal with my hectic life, and less irritated by the numerous efforts I have to make.

Feeling "showers" of energy going down my body, I call it "cosmic glitter", especially when thinking of the Divine --does the "cosmic glitter" have a color? I don't see it, I only feel it. Generally, I do see colour on myself and people now, from time to time though.

When wanting to sneeze, redirection of energy into body, causing "cosmic glitter" feeling  -- Nice skill I also have directed it back into my head.

Various tingles and sensations in brain  -- pay more attention to these sensations when you meditate FP and see what happens. Will do!

Ability to enter deep meditation fairly fast -- One of the unique strengths and benefits of FP Qigong.  It takes you very deep very fast!!

Seeing blue sparks at random times -- Do you see this internally or with eyes open? Both

Thanks for your response and for the encouragement, Sifu Terry. It is very heart-warming. I know I have been very over-the-top in my posts, but it is hard not to be excited about so many positive changes! And thanks to you again for imparting this to us, because you have changed my life permanently.

• Like 2

Happy World Tai Chi & Qigong Day and Weekend to everyone!

Yesterday, April 27, was the official World Tai Chi and Qigong Day and at the annual celebration at Eastover Estate in Lenox, MA where I've been teaching in residence for the past 17 months, we put on a nice demonstration to close out the day:

Tao Tan Pai Cane Form (which some of you are learning privately from me via Skype).  Here's the lastest version for your reference:

About 6 years ago, when I was trying to figure out a way for my students in 3 courses at Emperor's College of Trad. Oriental Medicine to get more benefits from the Qigong styles I was teaching them,  I decided to teach this basic form to all beginning students in both Qigong traditions hat I teach ( Tao Tan Pai and Ehrmei Mountain Flying Phoenix Qigong) because it establishes five basic stances, grounding and good body mechanics essential for deriving greater benefits from the practice of any system of Qigong.

Then my students Jeanne Schnackenberg and Susan Johnson helped me demonstrate three of the basic 31 Tao Tan Pai Meditations, which I have always known to catalyze and accelerate the effects of FP Qigong--and which medical clairvoyant and Oneness Meditation Deeksha Eric Isen confirmed for "Tao Stillness" and me a couple of years ago (bless his heart!).  Basic Meditations No. 2, 3, and 4 (traditionally done in sets of 8 repetitions):

If you have extra time, do these before you practice FP Qigong and see what happens over time:

Basic TTP Meditation #2:

Basic TTP Meditation #3:

Basic TTP Meditation #4:

Again, the above are 3 of the Basic Tao Tan Pai Meditations, collectively called "Cloud Hands."  There are 15 standing meditations (all have movement) and 16 seated meditations (all of which involve esoteric movements except 3 that are stationary).

NOTE:  In addition to private online lessons via Skype  in Flying Phoenix Qigong, I also teach the Tao Tan Pai Cane Form seen above, the entire level of  Basic TTP-31 Meditations and the Basic Tao Tan Pai Animal Kung Fu forms to beginners, intermediates, advanced practitioners and instructors from other traditions.  If you're interested, just contact me through email here at daobums.com or at [email protected]

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

More from World Tai Chi & Qigong Day, 2019 at Eastover Esate Lenox, MA:

After leading everyone in 3 of the Basic TTP-31 Meditations, I next demonstrated the "Preparatory Form" of the "8 Sections of Energy Combined" Kung Fu system:

Also shown here in my 2016 spontaneous practice out in beautiful Lake MacDonald in Glacier National Park after I taught FP Qigong to all the social workers in the state of Montana working in child protective services.

I post these demo videos to also encourage and challenge any intermediate to advanced martial artists or yogins who are interested in learning 8 Sections Combined to go ahead and learn this Form.  Once you learn the choreography, I can give corrections through private lessons as needed.  And once one develops proficiency in doing these movements, I will teach the breath-control formula.

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 4

Final demo at WTCQ Day yesterday  was of Yang style Tai Chi Sword in the manner of GM William C.C. Chen.

Tai Chi practice, of course, is relevant to FP Qigong, because in both arts, we are exercising the dynamic:

"The mind moves the Chi; the Chi moves the body"--or in this case, "The mind moves the Chi;  the Chi moves the sword."  Very challenging when one is using an extra heavy--and totally unbalanced (too blade-heavy) sword like this one(!):

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3

Hi everyone. I was last here in 2017. Had some problems in life come up (brother passed away from long battle with cancer) and some body discomfort in some areas that I have since improved. It was my 32nd birthday few days ago. There is a new urgency in my life to do things that are worth while. Today I started FP again. Felt good. Happy to be back. B)

• Like 6

On 4/15/2019 at 3:01 AM, Astral_butterfly said:

Hello everybody,

Last night, the first  of 8 sessions in my FP Qigong workshop at Eastover Estate went like this:

1)  Toe-circling walk in cat stance from Chen Tai Chi  (5 min.)

2)  Silk Weaver's Exercise  (10 min.) - one round

3)   "Moonbeam Splashes on Water" -- two instructional dry rounds followed one with the breath-control sequence. (30 min.)

4)  Monk Gazing at Moon (10 min.)

5)  Monk Holding Peach (10 min.)

6)  Wind Above the Clouds  (8 min.) 

7)  Basic (preparatory) Seated Meditation (50 30 10) - (4 min.)

8)  Basic (preparatory) Seated Meditation (50 10 50) - (4 min.)

9)  7 slow rounds of Monk Serves Wine No.2 (50 40 30 10) -- aka, Shiva Shakti's favorite, I recall.  aka, "The Vice-Sleeper" ( as in vice-president) - 30 min.

total time:  2 hours 10 min.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

And as evidence of how fast and effectively FP Qigong practice can permanently relieve severe stress-caused tension and complications, here is a link to a video that I took of a candid and glowing testimonial by a first-time student in who had taken my free 2-hour FP Qigong primer class last Sunday afternoon (April 28) from 1:30 to 3:30 pm at Eastover Estate following World Tai Chi & Qigong Day celebrations here.  One two-hour class imparted the  profound and lasting healing effects that she describes, which she said manifested about 15-20 minutes  after she got home from the practice and then continued throughout the afternoon and into the evening, all the way up until she went to bed. The next morning when she arose, all the symptoms that she had been experiencing for the past 2.5 months were completely gone.  This conversation took place the following Monday evening at the start of my 6pm community class at Eastover:

https://vimeo.com/333813234

Most interesting to me:  I just realized that "Rory" had achieved the excellent same-day results she described from taking a beginner's class that did NOT include "Bending the Bows,"  one of the cornerstone meditations in the FP System.  This verifies what GM Doo Wai told us in 1991:  that prolonged continuous practice of any combination of the FP Meditations will "produce good results."

This was the order of practice of the 2.5 hour class:

Warm-ups (40 min.):

1)  "Toe-circling walk" from Chen Tai Chi

2)  Silk Weaver's Exercise Qigong (first section)

3)  3 Tai Chi warm-ups (as taught in the first 40 min. of my Tai Chi For Health Short Form and TCFH Long Form DVDs (1989).

Flying Phoenix Meditations:

4)  Monk Gazing At Moon - 10 min.

5)  Monk Holding Peach - 10 min.

6)  Wind Above Clouds  (3 rounds) - 15 min.

7)  Monk Holding Pearl (in supine position) - 10 min.

8)  MSW preparatory med. #1 (50 30 10) - 10 min.

9)  MSW preparatory med. #2 (50 10 50) - 10 min.

10)  Monk Serves Wine #1  (90 50 40 30 10) - 25 min.

11)  Monk Serves Wine #8 (last one on Vol.7:  20 40 90 10) - 20 min.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Beginners question:

When doing MGAM seated, Sifu Terry instructs us to do at least 30 repetitions of the hand supination/pronation. If I do these at a speed "slower than a sand dune", it takes 30 minutes. Is it okay to do less?

Thanks,

D

• Like 1