Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

it's the 50,20,10 one, I believe the first meditation on the disc

just put "sleeper" in the search box on top right, you'll get a couple of reports about it from this thread

Edited by Leif
  • Like 3

Hi All,

Just wanted to report that I received my Vol. 1 DVD yesterday.  I contacted Sifu Terry who deduced that my initial order was probably lost in the mail.  Sifu Terry very generously mailed out another copy with tracking to ensure that this one would get to me. 

Looks like I'm finally ready to begin training in this system! :)

• Like 5

Im confused, i cant find the 50 20 10 mediation on volume 7 dvd... the first meditation is 80 70 50 30

I have looked on dvd 2 also but the only one close to that sequence is the second meditation which is 50 30 10

BluePhoenix,

'Glad that you found the "sleeper" Meditation on Volume 7:   50  20  10.

I just happened to glance at a question raised on Page 95 of the thread asking for clarification on my instruction in the DVD Volumes 2 and 7 of seven repetitions (because I said on the DVD to do the exercise(s) at least seven times.)

Repeat:  all the seated Monk Serves Wine meditations in the FP Qigong system are done seven times.  One does the breath control sequence only one time. Then this is followed by seven repetitions of the pre-choreographed movements.  Throughout my years of practicing FP Qigong, I have on occasion done more than 7 repetitions of a MSW meditation with no negative effects.

Enjoy the practice.

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Like 2

Sifu Terry Dunn

I find the seated meditation in volume 2 very tiring/strenuous not to mention i sometime end up with with a dead leg  ^_^ but i am still recovering from ibs so. I did manage to do the whole of volume two in a session once and it gave me allot of energy for a few days but like i said trying to do the whole 7 repetitions for each meditation was allot of effort.

On the bright side since im ill i have no obligations and all the time in the world. I think im gonna just do as much as i can, who knows maybe it will help me break through into full recovery.

Oh and thank you

Edited by BluePhoenix133

BluePhoenix,

'Glad that you found the "sleeper" Meditation on Volume 7:   50  20  10.

I just happened to glance at a question raised on Page 95 of the thread asking for clarification on my instruction in the DVD Volumes 2 and 7 of seven repetitions (because I said on the DVD to do the exercise(s) at least seven times.)

Repeat:  all the seated Monk Serves Wine meditations in the FP Qigong system are done seven times.  One does the breath control sequence only one time. Then this is followed by seven repetitions of the pre-choreographed movements.  Throughout my years of practicing FP Qigong, I have on occasion done more than 7 repetitions of a MSW meditation with no negative effects.

Enjoy the practice.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Would you say that 7 is the MINIMUM number of repetitions then?

I try to do 7 reps and have done 8's and 9's  on the shorter Advanced Seated Meditations, to no apparent ill effects.   

I admit to occasionally doing fewer than 7,  also to no apparent ill effect.  The important thing for me to remember is the three clearing breaths at the end.  

It has also been my experience that reviewing the disc can be very beneficial even after practicing for many weeks.   It occurs that I see something that did not register deeply enough.  I have had very intense qi sensations  while watching and imitating Sifu on more than one occasion.   That experience also seems to follow into succeeding practices of the forms.

thanks again to Sifu for presenting this  material so clearly and openly.

and for his frequent timely responses to questions on this thread.

• Like 1

Uhm. Never mind. Figured it out.

Best to you all :-)

Edited by cihan

may I offer:   ending one exercise with 3 breaths helps the system 'clear' the current state.  Each exercise opens, mobilizes different systems perhaps similar to moving from  one TCM  element  (metal, wood, etc.) system to the next in the element cycle.

The next practice you begin also invokes 3 deep clearing breaths in preparation.   I can imagine experimenting with dropping one or the other of these  3 breath clearings,  but observing how the qi pulses/moves/feels carefully during the 'transition.'  It is interesting enough for me to try omitting one of the 'clearing' breaths.  Though I often get up move around and drink a little tea or water between forms  (mostly  Adv. MSW 2 & 3/or4).

Stay tuned ... however it may take several weeks or months to make this sort of experiment  LOL.

• Like 1

had something of a break through  my  long form which has stalled at something less than 25 min took  27+ min!!

wooo hoooo...

of more interest and meaning is that qi pulsing at bai hue was more intense and persistent throughout the practice and the rolling? moving of qi at dan tien was also present for a considerable portion of the form practice.  Now that seems worth passing along.

peace to all being

• Like 1

In my routines each meditation is started and ended with the three deep breaths, also between each repetition three regular breaths are applied, not exceeding seven, or whatever is instructed by Sifu Terry for the particular meditation.

Personally, when I deviate from the said course, benefits are not the same. An understanding of opening a door and then, once completed, closing the door to each meditation offers a sense of a entering a room and then exiting. Moreover, when I begin a session seven regular calming breaths, or sometimes more, are used to still the mind. This is also used between each meditation, therefore offering a smooth transition between meditations.

• Like 2

After months of reading and researching, I'm happy to say that I've started my FPCK practice and I find myself wishing I'd started earlier!

I have a quick question to those who have been walking down this path longer than me:  I'm aware of the "No eating for at least 30 minutes before practice" guideline.   However, I'm struggling with the following:

How soon after an FPCK practice session can you bathe, use the bathroom and eat/drink ?  What are the preferred timeframes to get the most out of the practice?

My apologies if this has been covered before; I have over 50 pages of notes but I didn't see anything there that would answer my questions and this thread is now an amazing 208 pages in length!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ace

• Like 1

Hey everyone , so after all the time this thread has been running I am curious what people have gotten from FP ?

what has the many hours needed to practice this sytem brought to your everyday and spiritual life ?

This is no way aimed as an insult or a derogatory manner , I would just love to hear from people who have put the time and effort in :)

My English is not so good but I will try to share some of my experiences. I do Flying Phoenix Qigong for a period of one year almost every day. I have not become a different person. I have no special gifts (healing, blue aura). There are subtle things have changed. I have become more sensitive to energy and energy flows in my body. I'm sick less often and most importantly, I understood that I should not train with a purpose. That is very difficult. Your question is quite logical. We grew up (in the Netherlands) with the idea that everything we do must have a purpose. As is often presented Qigong. Qigong for health or spirituality. I think it is important to forget everything and sit or stand and start every time again without expectation. If you learn that you have been given a great life lesson an changes in yout body will occur.
Good luck and have fun workout

• Like 2

After months of reading and researching, I'm happy to say that I've started my FPCK practice and I find myself wishing I'd started earlier!

I have a quick question to those who have been walking down this path longer than me:  I'm aware of the "No eating for at least 30 minutes before practice" guideline.   However, I'm struggling with the following:

How soon after an FPCK practice session can you bathe, use the bathroom and eat/drink ?  What are the preferred timeframes to get the most out of the practice?

Ace

Dear Ace,

I will of course defer to zen-bear! My experience (and I do think there were are few comments buried somewhere in this thread!) is that eating and drinking seem to ground me quite quickly. So if one is feeling hungry or thirsty, there is no problem, go ahead and eat or drink. However, the energy continues to circulate and waiting longer before doing these things is not a bad deal.

When I first started I found that I grounded with a bump if I waited less than 15 minutes. With a little more practice, it was 1/2 hour and so on. Now I really am in no rush but it has to fit within my day as well. 

Good luck

Edited by mostly_empty

Thanks, mostly_empty.   So far, I've been waiting at least 30 min after FPCK practice before bathing/eating/drinking/bathroom use etc.   Just wanted to see what the guidelines might be for that.   I appreciate your answer!

Thanks, mostly_empty.   So far, I've been waiting at least 30 min after FPCK practice before bathing/eating/drinking/bathroom use etc.   Just wanted to see what the guidelines might be for that.   I appreciate your answer!

Hi Ace,

Although on the DVD's I clearly recommend not eating 30 minutes before or 30 minutes after practicing FP Qigong, the "30 minute abstinence rule" generally applies more to the period prior to FP Qigong practice than the period following practice. This is primarily because if one has eaten a full meal, the body's natural digestive functions shouldn't be interrupted or complicated by any type of vigorous exercise--let alone internal energy exercises.

It's fine to wait 30 minutes after a FPCK practice session before bathing or eating.  But it really depends on what each FP practitioner wants to do with what he or she is feeling after the practice.  I had posted earlier in this discussion that whenever one feels that the FP Qigong's rather blissful self-healing processes are somehow getting too affective, one can simply eat something and that will greatly dampen or shut down the cultivation of the FP Healing Energy and bring one out of any meditative state of consciousness induced by this Qigong. 

I hope this clarifies and conforms to what all FP Practitioners out there have been experiencing.

Enjoy your practice.

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 3

Many thanks, Sifu Terry.   I did remember your statement that eating something would dampen the effects of the FP practice.

I've gone through a few energy ssytems in the past.  Some advised waiting 30 minutes after practice for the activities in question; others presecribed an hour or more.  I wanted to make sure my scheduling was in keeping with whatever was advised for FPCK. Your post has clarified this for me.

As a side-note, I'd like to once again thank you for being so attentive and freely giving of your knowledge on this forum.  Your posts made a great deal of difference to me as I was researching FPCK.

About the tongue position:

I've been doing the meditations with my tongue touching the roof of mouth, with curved tip just on the beginning of the soft plate, that was my understanding of "roof of mouth". But recently realized  that other two positions, one at the back of front upper teeth, the other on the hard plate, are also known and talked as roof of the mouth.

Yesterday, I tried two meds with tongue behind the front upper teeth for the first time, and the effects are radically different. 

Can anybody comment on the correct position of the tongue tip? I failed to find it on the forum.

Thanks,

Cihan

Interesting interview with tai chi Push Hands Champion and chess Grandmaster Josh Waitzkin: link (starts about 7 minutes in).

The thesis is that one can gain insight, mastery and appreciation of the macro by first diving into the smallest minutiae of the micro. He describes at one point how he painstakingly practiced the simplest of movements in order to release tension and refine the body mechanics, and these fundamentals allowed him to greater understand the flow of the whole of the art of tai chi.

I mention this here because I believe one reason the GM Doo Wai healing systems are so effective is that the "speed of a shifting sand dune" tempo allows for a form of the painstaking micro adjustments and self explorations that lead to enlightenment in martial arts training, but what is additionally special about the Doo Wai arts is that through the breath percentages they also develop subtle energy at the same time as developing the physical mastery and mind-body connection, and there is little to no risk of injury for imperfect form in the basic level of, for example, Flying Phoenix.

So I think, when it is said that Flying Phoenix is a "complete system", what that means in part is that one can follow the movements and sequences and in so doing open up all the basic channels and explore all basic aspects of the mind-body connection.  So for example if one was sticking to basics and not using the Flying Phoenix technology, one would need to experiment deeply, through trial and error, with movements and micro adjustments in order to clear channels and develop the mastery of the body and the monkey mind, or simpler yet do all that while just sitting ( and sitting and static meditations of course have their own unique developmental value, the Doo Wai systems also provide sitting and static forms that are "super charged" with breath percentages.)

So in sum, I think this concept of mastery through minutiae illuminates the value of a system like Flying Phoenix, because Flying Phoenix basic level is essentially a system of formulas and insights that, when followed, covers all the bases and guides one to mastery through micro-adjustment, and is more or less fool proof and not dangerous for the solo practitioner, and is in places inspired and downright magical (e.g. how on earth did someone figure out that the series of breath movements and hand movements in Monk Serves Wine #3 produces a reliable stimulatory effect?)

Edited by Raynevin
  • Like 5

Hello folks :)

I had emailed Sifu Dunn about some questions I had while using his DVDs. He asked me to repost the email and questions here. So here it goes!

Hello Sir,­

To start off I just want to say thank yo­u for your FPCK DVDs. I have the first ­two and they are great. I've been invol­ved with some occult/esoteric practices ­and I was recommended your DVDs by an on­line acquaintance who spoke very highly ­of your products. I'll be brief and jus­t say that I really like them lol

I was thinking about making a post on th­e thread dedicated to Flying Phoenix on ­taobums but I wasn't sure how well my qu­estions would be taken. I've read most ­of the thread and didn't see the informa­tion I'm curious about.

I've quit using the practices for a few ­months now to get more grounded because ­I think that the meditations were starti­ng to trigger a kundalini awakening/risi­ng. Is this a normal response? I wasn'­t really planning on having an awakening­ so soon because, to be honest, I was st­ill just playing around and seeing what ­happened haha. Well, the occurrence rea­lly woke me up fast about what I want to­ accomplish with my practices.

I have quit most practices I was interes­ted in and have focused on a meditation ­school I enjoy and some energy workings.­ A few sigils for health, aura stuff fo­r health and the like. Mostly I'm focus­ed on meditation, awakening and healing ­now.

Flying Phoenix is something I also want ­to continue with because it seems to rea­lly fit with what I would like to accomp­lish. The issue is I don't have any typ­e of teacher or mentor in my area that d­eals with kundalini experiences so I'm c­autious as to what I'm starting.

This is quite a ramble so I'll just list­ my questions:

1). Is awakening a normal happening with­ this system?

2). FP is a healing system, is there a r­ecommended way to use the energy generat­ed to heal others? Or yourself in speci­fic areas?

3). Is it necessary to practice a martia­l art along with FP? I used to be invol­ved with a few different arts but I have­ stopped actively practicing any for abo­ut 8 years now.

4). Besides the three main storage areas­ that I've seen in the two first DVDs (e­ye and heart chakras, dan tien area) is ­there more work with chakras later on?

5). Are there any specific practices tha­t you recommend to help with the healing­ energy generated that aren't specifical­ly chi kung related?

6). What is the blue aura? Is it just v­isible chi/prana? This one is just pass­ing curiosity lol. The aura doesn't mea­n a whole lot to me, although it would b­e neat. I already know FP is amazing ju­st from feeling the energy from the stat­ic meditations. The last seated meditat­ion on disc 2 I absolutely love the feel­ing you get from moving the energy down ­the center.

I hope you are well and I would apprecia­te any help you can provide. If there a­re any questions that might relate that ­I am just unaware of I would appreciate ­a heads up. Thank you for your time and­ know that I give anyone with even a bit­ of curiosity about energy work or esote­ric practices a recommendation to get yo­ur DVDs. They really are amazing

• Like 1

***ALSO, I WANT TO GIVE YOU THIS TIP AT THIS POINT: SHOULD YOU EVER FEEL THAT THERE IS TOO MUCH ENERGY STOKED UP BY THE FP PRACTICE, YOU CAN ALWAYS AMP DOWN THE ENERGY LEVEL BY SIMPLY EATING SOMETHING. UNLIKE MANY OTHER QIGONG SYSTEMS THAT GENERATE QI THROUGH DIFFERRENT ALCHEMIC FORMULAS AND WORK THROUGH DIFFERENT ENERGY PATHWAYS, WITH THE FP SYSTEM, YOU CAN SHUT DOWN THE VIBRATORY STATE JUST BE EATING SOMETHING SOLID.

Hi, this is my first question about Flying Phoenix Chi Kung.

It doesn't matter what to eat, any food will lower the energy level?

Sorry if this question was answered, I'm still reading this thread.

Edited by bojole

Bojole,

In general eating will ground you more. How much is the question. Fruits and vegetables will do a bit. Heavier starches a bit more. Fats and proteins (meats and such) will do the most.

If you feel like you've got a bit too much, anything will work. If you're not coming down and freaking out grab a burger. :)