Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

... two of the "Monk Serves Wine" mediations in Volume 7 when done back-to-back as they are presented in the DVD will sooner or later effect brain activation and will almost immediately cause a revitalization of one's hair. They are the ones with breathing sequences;

80 70 50 30 and 70 50 20 10

Both meditations have beautiful and powerful movements.

Since I will be moving into the second AMSW meditation this week, this was a most rewarding tip. More brain activation is always a bonus. ;)

• Like 1

I can vouch for the fact that doing 80-70-50-30 and 70-50-20-10, when done daily, back to back did indeed restore my hair quality. A good percentage of my gray started returning to its original brown on my head, face and arms. It was noticeable to the point is that my friends and family noticed and made comments about this. I continued this routine for about 6 weeks, every day. Eventually since my goal for practicing FP wasn't to revitalize my hair, I gradually changed my routine of practice in terms of the forms and sequence of my daily FP meditations. That said, reversal of hair color from gray to brown was a very cool side effect!

• Like 3

In the past I did Vol 7 for some time. Now I started again with 1,2 and 3, everyday 1 hour. I'm reading this: back to back. What is the meaning of this. Two practitioners sitting back to back (perhaps a stupid question for a man with no hair and a little English language.)

have a nice day

John

• Like 1

The term "back to back" means consecutively; in succession; the films were watched back to back or his back to back wins at table tennis. In the quote above Fu_doggy means that he did the sets of exercises one after the other.

My own experience is that no amount of qigong, neigong or anything else will restore hair lost through male pattern baldness. But if a bald head is all you have to worry about then perhaps life isn't really too bad . :D

• Like 4

Thank you for the explanation. And no, being bold is no problem at all haha but the way Flying Phoenix Qigong is energizing and healing could also be seen through the blue aura around the hands and change of hair color is interesting. A friend of my is making a Kirlian device. In the future I will make some photos of my hands before and after the training. I will post them.

Thanks again

Hello Rene,

You're very welcome. And I'm so glad to hear that you got dramatic and concrete allostatic results within a day of coming back to FPCK practice. Yes, the mediative process contained in FP Qigong will modulate the sympathetic stress response by retraining the body's sympathetic nervous system to recognize what is a real physical threat that requires "flight or flight" and what is not a real threat. What does not require switching on "fight or flight" response are unreal, imagined, delusional or misperceived threats. The healing effects of FP Qigong will undo the stress caused by a hyper-sensitive or unrealistic stress response. And in the process of healing that stress to the body, the body naturally learns that the stimulus or stimuli that caused the stress response is an unreal threat. Then the nervous system "learns" not to fire that stress response again when the same stimuli occurs. Stage fright or any type of performance anxiety can be well-managed by FP qigong practice. But actually, the most effective cure for performance anxiety and all its related symptoms and behaviors is a good and competent hypnotherapy.

Welcome back to FP Qigong and welcome back to the thread. Thanks for your update and glowing review of FP Qigong's latent effects that come with basic practice after a hiatus. After establishing a basic practice in FP Qigong, sometimes when you leave the FP alone and come back to it after a while makes you realize in dramatic fashion how effective it is. I've found that to be true of all of the internal arts under the Bok Fu Pai / Doo Wai Family umbrella.

Enjoy your practice.

Sifu Terry

Many thanks again Sifu Terry, I'm still in a very pleasant shock - This has been one of the more profound experiences I've had with any qigong over the past 20 years - Even though I tend to miss out on more subtle energetic experiences with qigongs in general, this effect has been incredibly overt.

Once the blue light starts to accumulate, are there any other signposts to look out for besides this light possibly showing up on video? Would this light show up better is we use a thermal camera, even though this is more subtle than mere heat?

Just curious.

Also, I'm very glad the FP system has been quite forgiving for minor mistakes in practice. If we count out a percentage exhalation of 1 when it is more like a 1.8, does this matter? I would think as long as we are consistent in our counts, it will still be beneficial. Perhaps I have worried a bit more in the past about distinguishing a 0.5 percentage exhale from a 0.7 percentage exhale.

Thanks for the advice on hypnotherapy as well, I will send you an email later to inquire about your schedule.

All the best,

Rene'

• Like 1

I have been attempting to do the back to back AMSW 80 70 50 30 / 70 50 20 10 since it was first 'advertised' here. So far it has been interrupted frequently and only a couple of times have i managed to do 80 70 ... take a break and do 70 50 ...

If i do the forms at the speed I normally do these two it would take at least an hour to hour and a quarter. Which is hard to get that time un-interrupted.

Finally I managed yesterday a complete 'back to back', but not at the slowest speed. I took about 40 min to perform the two forms.

Doing them 'faster' did not seem to affect the feeling of qi, which was continuous (well almost).

We are at our daughter's home so the kids are often an issue, with completion ...

Still the breath and awareness of qi storage in the dan tien are palpable ...

best to all who practice and encourage each other on this thread!

Edited by ridingtheox
  • Like 1

I can vouch for the fact that doing 80-70-50-30 and 70-50-20-10, when done daily, back to back did indeed restore my hair quality. A good percentage of my gray started returning to its original brown on my head, face and arms. It was noticeable to the point is that my friends and family noticed and made comments about this. I continued this routine for about 6 weeks, every day. Eventually since my goal for practicing FP wasn't to revitalize my hair, I gradually changed my routine of practice in terms of the forms and sequence of my daily FP meditations. That said, reversal of hair color from gray to brown was a very cool side effect!

One of my students (of 7 years) just returned from a week-long trip to Maui and was fortunate to have had time to do these same 2 advanced MSW meditations on a beach near Hana on the far east end of the island (where I had suggested that he visit). Although in his early 30's, he was concerned about his hair health and when I told him about the rejuvenating effects of those two advanced MSW meditations on Vol.7, he moved them to the top of his practice priorities. He shared his experience with my class of qigong students at the acupuncture college this evening in L.A. and said that it was completely "off the charts" in terms of the "intensity of brain activation" and the "deepest absorption" he said he had ever experienced through any form of meditation. He was so blown away by the samadhi that he didn't mention anything about hair. Samadhi is like that: leaves you speechless because because no words can describe it. I'm sure Maui had much to do with it. But the Flying Phoenix seated MSW meditations do have their extraordinary and ineffable effects no matter where one practices them--just so long as one practices them correctly.

The architect Le Corbusier described his design for the interior of the Chapel of Notre Dame du Haut at Ronchamp as "l'espace indicible" translated to mean 'ineffable space', a spiritual experience which was difficult to describe. May you all come upon such ineffable space through your FP practice!

Carry On, You Wayward Sons--and Daughters--of FP!

"There will be peace when you arrive;

Lay your weary head to rest..."

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

THE BLUE ENERGY OF FLYING PHOENIX AND ORGONE.

A few days ago I decided I would resume serious practice of flying phoenix Chi Kung,
I came down with a cold just after so while I was under the weather decided to read the whole thread from the beginning and I was really glad I did , so much great info and really motivated me to begin once I feel better.

This morning I was just mindlesly browsing an alternative forum to pass some time while I recover and came across an article on Wilhelm Reich and his theory of orgone , I am familiar with the concept of orgone but was startled to see that orgone was blue !
Now this got me really interested ;)

Here is some relevant info :

Did you know…that in the mid-1930s, a doctor was able to detect and measure the existence of etheric energy (life energy, chi, etc.), which he called orgone—and this orgone energy has tremendous significance to human health?

The majority of the western medical establishment has dismissed the idea that humans are sustained by an invisible “life-force,” or pranic energy, (the Chinese refer to it as Chi). Skeptics shrug off such notions as mere spiritual fancy, despite confirmation from acclaimed scientists such as Albert Einstein that this “vital life-force” does indeed exist. The West does not like to believe that which cannot be quantified, and understandably so.

But what many people don’t know is that this life-sustaining energy was being observed and measured as early as the 1930s!
What Does Life-Force Look Like Under a Microscope?

In the 1930s, Dr. Sigmund Freud theorized that the way humans express their emotions and sexuality is a direct reflection of an energetic “something” existing within them. His peer, Dr. William Reich, expanded on Freud’s theory and identified through measurable observation just what this “something” is. He proved that this biological energy, which does indeed express itself as emotion and sexuality, could actually be seen under a microscope! This energy, which Dr. Reich called Orgone Energy, manifests as a glowing blue color, and it surrounds every living cell, tissue and organ.

Expanding his research, Dr. Reich observed this glowing blue energy field emanating from every animal, human, plant…even mountain ranges carry this blue, aura-like phenomenon. Interestingly, Dr. Reich’s observations were made years before the first satellite photos confirmed that a blue-glowing energy surrounds the earth.

This next bit of info is more far out but very interesting none the less

SURVEY ON Ea (Reich termed the space craft Ea - 'E' standing for 'Energy', 'a' for alpha or primordial)

A simple chart Reich made to differentiate between stars and UFOs hovering high in the sky. Certain facts about the appearance of the UFOs such as their noiselessness, their shimmering lights, sometimes bluish in appearance, rotating discs underlying their motion, fell into place with some of the facts Reich knew well from cosmic OR functioning:

The 'CORE MEN' (CORE = COSMIC ORGONE ENGINEERS), as he came to call them, apparently were thoroughly conversant with the laws of functioning in the cosmic OR energy ocean. They used cosmic OR energy in propelling their machines. Their 'blue lights' were in agreement with the blue color characteristic of all visible OR functions, sky, protoplasm, Aurora, sunspots, the color of OR lumination in vacor tubes, etc. The CORE MEN were obviously riding their space ships on the main OR energy streams in the Universe. Just as space is not empty, light does not 'come down to us from the stars and the sun'. It is an effect of lumination in the OR energy envelope of the planets. It is a local phenomenon.

• Like 2

Static electricity, which can be seen when you pull off a sweater or t-shirt on a winter night, also is blue.

In the 1970's I had a pyramid tent made of a wooden frame in a smaller scale of the Great Pyramid in Ghiza and it gave off pyramid energy. When I sat in it and put my fingers one inch from the frame, sparks of blue light emitted from my finger tips or from the frame, not sure which. When my dog was in the pyramid with me I could see a blue aura around her paws as she walked around. And as I meditated with my eyes closed I could feel exactly where she was when she moved because her energy field touched against my energy field when we were both in the pyramid. If you recall the Kung Fu tv series of the 1970's you may recall how blind master Po could always sense grasshopper near him. It was because he could feel the energy field, the chi, the orgone, etc.

• Like 2

This is interesting!

The topic of blue light appears a lot of time in these 193 pages..

It's been stated many times that the blue light can be recorded on video camera and photos.

So I ask: can someone post videos, photos ecc.. of himself/herself practicing with the blue light surrounding body?

• Like 3

Yes, seeing the blue aura is different. It helps. When people are training the theoretical part is important but when there are practitionairs out there who can show the blue aura it helps beginners to gain confidence in FPQ and bring there training to a deeper level. When we say there are no secrets and the purpose is to spread this systeem every visual evidence this systeem is very special is welcome. It helps FPQ to grow and to stay authentic

have a nice day

• Like 2

Many thanks again Sifu Terry, I'm still in a very pleasant shock - This has been one of the more profound experiences I've had with any qigong over the past 20 years - Even though I tend to miss out on more subtle energetic experiences with qigongs in general, this effect has been incredibly overt.

Once the blue light starts to accumulate, are there any other signposts to look out for besides this light possibly showing up on video? Would this light show up better is we use a thermal camera, even though this is more subtle than mere heat?

Just curious.

Also, I'm very glad the FP system has been quite forgiving for minor mistakes in practice. If we count out a percentage exhalation of 1 when it is more like a 1.8, does this matter? I would think as long as we are consistent in our counts, it will still be beneficial. Perhaps I have worried a bit more in the past about distinguishing a 0.5 percentage exhale from a 0.7 percentage exhale.

Thanks for the advice on hypnotherapy as well, I will send you an email later to inquire about your schedule.

All the best,

Rene'

Hi Rene,

Thanks for posting your very thoughtful assessment of FP Qigong based on your long experience in working with the DVD's and your following questions, which I now I have time to answer. But I will answer them in reverse order for the sake of the points of emphasis that I want to make:

2. Also, I'm very glad the FP system has been quite forgiving for minor mistakes in practice. If we count out a percentage exhalation of 1 when it is more like a 1.8, does this matter? I would think as long as we are consistent in our counts, it will still be beneficial. Perhaps I have worried a bit more in the past about distinguishing a 0.5 percentage exhale from a 0.7 percentage exhale.

Your question about precision in the breath control sequences is asked like a true Ph.D., Rene!
I am glad that you have discovered that the FP Qigong system is quite forgiving in mistakes made in the breathing sequences. Regardless of the breath-control sequence and FP exercise, as long as one takes a full breath between each percentage exhalation, and as long as the relative proportions of the exhalations (or ratios between each percentage exhalation) is pretty much constant and uniform, it doesn't if one exhales 7% when the formula calls for exhaling 5%. For the smallest breath counts like .5%, you don't have to worry to get that precisely. As long as it us 1/2 of however you do a 1% exhalation(!)

1. Once the blue light starts to accumulate, are there any other signposts to look out for besides this light possibly showing up on video? Would this light show up better is we use a thermal camera, even though this is more subtle than mere heat?

A: The blue light is the concentrated Flying Phoenix Healing Energy--i.e. concentrated past a certain threshold where it becomes visible in one's aura. The observable blue light is indicates that the FP Healing Energy has been generated, established, cultivated, and concentrated to a certain level throughout one's body--and most importantly, that one's energy body and consciousness has become consecrated. At whatever such time that one is able to see one's aura as a fluorescent-like blue internally, in a mirrored image of oneself, and on a video recording of one's meditation, one's health, vitality, will be at a highly developed level (which I've described as subsuming a state of allostasis), that there also exists the tangible superabundance of the FP energy and the certain knowledge that it is always accessible for healing purposes.

• No, I don't believe that it matters that one uses a thermal camera to record visible images of the blue light. The videotape that I used in 1991 that first captured the blue aura and blue light phenomena around Grandmaster Doo Wai was SVHS. Remember that ancient format? GM Doo Wai told us back then to just use the current video camera to record ourselves while practicing FP Qigong. We did so and were quite amazed at the time at the results.

[*Also, in anticipation of inevitable requests by beginning FP practitioners and other enthusiasts, as well as skeptics, I will state here and now that I will NOT post on the internet any of the 1991 and later video footage of GM Doo Wai's visibly blue aura, of mine, or that of anyone else's--because the ensuing debate generated by non-practitioners and uninitiated will only be a waste of time and energy and distract practitioners from the business of furthering one's practice! As stated before the blue aura manifestation is simply a side effect of proper practice. As such, I suggest to all FP practitioners interested in seeing it that they video-record themselves while practicing. For years, I have demonstrated the blue auric manifestation to my students here and abroad (when they come to Los Angeles to train with me) on a spontaneous and unpredictable manner. It just happens when the occasion is right: when seeing the blue light as a side effect of proper training further motivates the student.

• Oddly enough, unlike other healing energies associated with Kundalini yogas, the Flying Phoenix Healing Energy, is not a heat energy. Naturally and obviously not because its frequency is blue on spectrum. Every time I have experienced it, it occurred as having a neutral and unnoticeable temperature.

** To all FP Practitioners: Please chime in with accounts your tangible and repeatable experiences of the FP energy as to its temperature.**

• It is not my custom nor intent to disclose the "signposts" or benchmarks of the Flying Phoenix Qigong's healing energy becoming visible in one's aura (on video) because doing so will take away some of the exuberant joy and natural elation that comes with the surprise when it happens. But I have described the conditions accompanying its onset the best that I can. I will also foreshadow this: When the visible blue aura manifests, one will also at some point be able to "see" the blue light internally during one's closed-eyes meditation. Besides one's own ability to see it, other people--and not even necessarily other FP practitioners--will sometimes see a FP Practitioner's internal and/or the auric blue light when they come into close proximity.

That's about all I have to say about "signposts" or benchmarks of FP Energy development that hasn't already been stated in this thread. GM Doo Wai never foreshadowed anything of the FP Qigong's visible auric effects during the years that he taught me and group I had organized around him. He just showed us how to practice the FP Qigong correctly and then told us to practice it. Then he showed us how to do healing with the FP energy using acupressure and herbal lineaments.

So having spilled too many beans already, I will leave it to you and to all FP practitioners out there to simply: JUST DO IT! --and enjoy the sublime, profound, and spectacular blue effects--whenever it comes and if it comes.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Great request, to see these videos of the blue light. That should be such a simple matter to do.

Sorry, but I'm not getting it.. were you sarcastic with this statement?

If so, why should it be a difficult task?

There is no sarcasm. Simple, meaning set up a video camera and there you go. My desire to see this comes out of curiosity. I have no doubt that the claims for FP eventually producing blue light are true.

• Like 2

finally i have made some in roads re: the

back.to.back performance of Adv Seated 80 70 50 30 and 70 50 20 10 three days in a row of completing these two meditations.

The qi flow is virtually continuous in each. I am able to focus on the breath thru out, i.e. my "I" is focussed on the breath.

I feel quite positive about maintaining this part of my daily practice for some time even if not every day. (tomorrow is hay moving, pasture work and a cow issue I have to address )

my practice continues to focus on the long form 90 60 5 50 40 ? Tai Chi long form teaching, and Ba duan chin.

• Like 2

I start with the third month DVD 1, 2 and 3. One hour, 6 days a week. The longform I start until I experience real change. I have a question about breathing before meditation and after. Is it soft and deep or hard and deep. The latter method is used as the Japanese misogi (inner cleansing). I have tried both but what help is still welcome.

have fun

John

• Like 1

of the last 5 days practiced "back-to-back" complete 4 days including today 35 - 45 min practice

I have experienced an intensity of flow during and after each session ... even the half session which occurred yesterday. Very nice ...

I continue to do the long form daily, early morning, it is still the most efficient and intense form esespecially if i do it twice during a day that's about 45 min of FP practice by itself.

I am now up to a 1-1/2 hour daily FPCH

( also do Ba Duan Jin and TCC Yang long form almost daily )

Thanks so much to Terry Dunn for FPCH I keep hoping the last disk will appear soon!!

Charlie

• Like 2

of the last 5 days practiced "back-to-back" complete 4 days including today 35 - 45 min practice

I have experienced an intensity of flow during and after each session ... even the half session which occurred yesterday. Very nice ...

I continue to do the long form daily, early morning, it is still the most efficient and intense form esespecially if i do it twice during a day that's about 45 min of FP practice by itself.

I am now up to a 1-1/2 hour daily FPCH

( also do Ba Duan Jin and TCC Yang long form almost daily )

Thanks so much to Terry Dunn for FPCH I keep hoping the last disk will appear soon!!

Charlie

Ba Duan Jin is an excellent start to my sessions as well. Charlie, have you tried applying "Wind Through the Treetops" and/or "Moonbeam Splashes on the Water" prior to the Long form?

Back to the blue light special...

Last night I was teaching the Immortal Ten Chi Kung to a class of nursing students at a local college which I do each year. The dvd of this master doing the Immortal Ten had a very pronounced outline of blue light coming from his white top and it was also around his throat and hands. I had not noticed this when I play the dvd on my laptop but last night we used a big screen and it was clearly there. I plan on emailing the Grandmaster to ask about this.

• Like 1

finally i have made some in roads re: the

back.to.back performance of Adv Seated 80 70 50 30 and 70 50 20 10 three days in a row of completing these two meditations.

The qi flow is virtually continuous in each. I am able to focus on the breath thru out, i.e. my "I" is focussed on the breath.

I feel quite positive about maintaining this part of my daily practice for some time even if not every day. (tomorrow is hay moving, pasture work and a cow issue I have to address )

my practice continues to focus on the long form 90 60 5 50 40 ? Tai Chi long form teaching, and Ba duan chin.

Hi Charlie,

How is your practice of 80 70 50 30 and the 70 50 20 10 seated Monk Serves Wine meditations? If 3 days brought you some in roads, 10 days in a row (if you managed to do 100 should cause something to happen with your hair!

Glad you felt effects from these 2 seated Meds. they are powerful and do go well together. Fu_dog was the first to corroborate this a couple of years ago.

Great that you continue with 90 60 4 50 40. Two Saturdays ago, I led my Sat. morning class in the slowest performance of this capstone meditation ever--taking 40 minutes. (We indeed reached "the speed of a shifting sand dune" at least for a little while).For the next 3 days, my body would not allow me to eat certain things that I normally like to eat. And to this day, I've stayed off of those particular foods. Such dietary self-regulation on a subconscious level is another manifestation of allostasis.

Best,

Sifu Terry

P.S. I hope you got my PM tonight regarding discussion of blue light.

• Like 3

Hi Charlie,

How is your practice of 80 70 50 30 and the 70 50 20 10 seated Monk Serves Wine meditations? If 3 days brought you some in roads, 10 days in a row (if you managed to do 100 should cause something to happen with your hair!

Glad you felt effects from these 2 seated Meds. they are powerful and do go well together. Fu_dog was the first to corroborate this a couple of years ago.

Great that you continue with 90 60 4 50 40. Two Saturdays ago, I led my Sat. morning class in the slowest performance of this capstone meditation ever--taking 40 minutes. (We indeed reached "the speed of a shifting sand dune" at least for a little while).For the next 3 days, my body would not allow me to eat certain things that I normally like to eat. And to this day, I've stayed off of those particular foods. Such dietary self-regulation on a subconscious level is another manifestation of allostasis.

Best,

Sifu Terry

P.S. I hope you got my PM tonight regarding discussion of blue light.

Hi Sifu Terry,

I find your last part especially interesting, since for the last weeks I have some dietary problems, too and I didn't know that it could be related to FPCK. Right now, I am trying to eat gluten free food, because I experienced several bad symptoms before... While practicing the standing meds I sometimes experience "sounds"/bubbles coming from my stomach/Intestines area. So maybe there are some blockages which are worked on.

And, maybe this has already been answered somewhere, but when do I know that I can start to practice the DVD4 Long Form? I have been practicing FPCK for nearly one year every day (around 20 to 40 minutes per day).

Thank you very much,

greetings,

Julian

On November 18 I had a Skype session with Sifu Terry Dunn teaching me the Taoist Elixir Method. It was an honor and a thrill for me to be able to interact with a master whom I have admired for quite awhile. Sifu Terry is down to earth and he made me feel at ease immediately as he teaches in a gentle and patient manner. His senses are acute which result in receiving corrective feedback which makes everything go just that much better. You just come away from that experience smiling on the outside and from the inside. Quite the experience which I look forward to repeating in one week for my second session. If any of you have thought about having a session with this master, I would not hesitate to jump at the opportunity. You will be glad that you did.

• Like 6