Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Thank you very much for sharing your intuitive's readings, very helpful, especially those about individual FP exercises!

Almost forgot to mention Dragon and Tiger Medical Qigong. I bought it because I love the name! It tested very well, especially for health, liver and lungs. I never even looked at the dvd after starting to read the book and it seemed hips have to be at certain angles, etc. That kind of precise alignment is not for me.

That might be more about how Bruce Frantzis teaches than a feature of this relatively simple system, as he is very precise and detailed with all of his systems. Where others would produce a 1hour DVD to teach whole system, he can go for an hour just about the 1st movement.

Edited by Leif

Out of curiosity I did look at Bruce's dvd last night and I like his teaching style which is easier to follow on his video than with a book, which is true for anyone. Precise describes it well.

Hello everyone and happy valentine's day!

A question, and if it has already been asked and answered before, my apologies.

I have particular issues with my nasal cavities and sinuses. Just to give an example, I am rarely able to breathe through both nostrils. I think it has happened less than five times in my life.

But anyways, there are a lot of mornings and some days where I can breathe in my nose but not out, and some days where I cannot breathe in or out.

This morning I was able to breathe in, but not out my nose. I was planning on doing some Flying Phoenix, but decided to wait. But now it is evening and I cannot breathe in or out.

Is it harmful to do the exercises while breathing through the mouth? Is it better to just wait until I can do them breathing through the nose even if it means missing a day or two?

Thank you for your time!

Peace.

Hello everyone and happy valentine's day!

A question, and if it has already been asked and answered before, my apologies.

I have particular issues with my nasal cavities and sinuses. Just to give an example, I am rarely able to breathe through both nostrils. I think it has happened less than five times in my life.

But anyways, there are a lot of mornings and some days where I can breathe in my nose but not out, and some days where I cannot breathe in or out.

This morning I was able to breathe in, but not out my nose. I was planning on doing some Flying Phoenix, but decided to wait. But now it is evening and I cannot breathe in or out.

Is it harmful to do the exercises while breathing through the mouth? Is it better to just wait until I can do them breathing through the nose even if it means missing a day or two?

Thank you for your time!

Peace.

Hello Mr Why,

I asked this question too a couple of months ago I thin, as it was a problem as well for me to have clean sinuses. And I didn't get any reply, so that's probably good that somebody else is asking the question again, as sometimes questions can be unnoticed, but that's normal the Flying phoenix topic is quiet important now.

For me my sinuses are not annoying me as much as they used to, probably the results of my practice and as well some dietary modifications. I don't eat dairy products anymore, I noticed it really tended to clog up my sinuses, and as soon as I do, even just for example a piece of milk chocolate I clearly feel the difference. So I'm really been careful about that. But that's for me, everybody is different, but maybe it might help you too.

Best,

Aurélien

• Like 1

I had lots of problems with my sinuses. I was able to breath through my nose only during physical exercises. Meditation was very frustrating. Few years ago I had a sinus operation. I had a bit of cartilage and mucous membrane removed. Best decision I ever made. I should have done it much sooner. General wellbeing is so much better. I still have to do jala neti and take nasonex every day because I'm allergic to dust and mucous membrane would get enlarged again.

Milk used to clogg my nose completely before. Like I had cold. Now not anymore.

I recommend you to check with doctor if it is a physical problem. Then only operation can help.

Edited by malganis
  • Like 1

Thanks malganis...

Last time I checked (a LONG time ago) my doc at the time said I had really small nasal passages, but at the time surgery was not covered, plus the few people I knew who'd had it were not happy.

Haven't looked into again since, but my be worth a check back.

Peace.

Thank you Sifu Terry for such an open and informative reply. I will create my personal and tested findings from my experience with probably 15 different styles of chi kung over the past 7 years to the best of my memory and the saved test reports from Eric. I will do it all off the top of my head since I have a virus now and have not enough energy to do too much with any project right now. Yet, here I sit having Grand Master Doo Wai's 18 meditations for healing using just the one same breathing sequence for all of them, called "Wind Among the Heavens" but the lethargy of the virus makes doing them a daunting task, LOL. The irony of it all.

Let us start with Lee Holden who was my first do it once and then throw the dvd away. Seemed more like calisthenics. Spring Forest I have done for the past 7 years but only at work because we needed something very simple that severely mentally ill people can do. They cannot put the effort into learning how to do the breathing sequence of Flying Phoenix. Spring Forest does result in feeling chi sensations and the movements are easy to learn. I like it but I never thought it was high level and never bothered to have it tested. Keep in mind as I share my experiences that I have been told I do not have a strong enough connection to my right brain as there are energy blocks in the corpus collosum so I am very left brained. So if I actually can feel subtle energy from a method, that means a lot that someone like me can feel something from it. Next, we have Falun Dafa. This is very powerful. I actually felt the etheric Falun Wheel being installed in my lower dan tien a few days after learning the method. Eric recently tested it for a second time and found that just as that Master claims, it does open all energy channels, major and subtle, and the Falun Wheel generates chi 24/7 as claimed. When Eric tested it several years ago he described what the wheel looked like and it did match the pictures of it. He to my knowledge had never seen any of these pictures. Strong chi from this but here is the downside: you have to hold each of the static postures as long as you can before moving to the next one. As time went on I was able to hold them longer and longer but I had to go to work or later had to go to bed at night! Then you have to do this meditation for an hour holding your arms out at the sides. It was time consuming and it felt like torture. So I gave up 2 times after doing it for 90 days. There was time to do nothing else because of Falun. Then Qinway Qigong from the female master who sends this dvd which sets up a Qi field in your house when you play it. I enjoyed doing it and Eric found that Divine energy is indeed being given off from her dvd and all of her products like Qi infused tea and small deity statues. Not sure why I did not stick with that one. There are others that I discarded because they were too hard for me to learn to do. Cannot recall the names.

I really liked Dragon Gate Chi Kung dvd, very simple to do and strong chi. It is a series of 4 static postures. Eric tested it and found it to be powerful but then 2 yrs ago I saw this ad for Flying Phoenix Healing Chi Kung and Eric told me to drop Dragon Gate and pursue FP as it was much more powerful and beneficial. Eric found that FP opens energy channels, chakras, etc, improves health, but also taps into a higher dimensional energy as does the other Grand Master Doo Wai videos. So FP is not this ordinary chi kung giving just health benefits. Other levels are being tapped into. In terms of enjoying the FP postures and the chi sensations in my hands and at times in third eye, I do not have to tell anyone about that. I find FP the most compelling chi kung method to do. The downside for me is that there are so many meditations to the system but I do not have time to do them justice so that was very frustrating for me. I then started doing Sunn Yee Gong, also from GM Doo Wai. These were tested as being very powerful. I enjoyed doing them and they were easy to do. But again, there were multiple levels of meditations to do and I just did not have the time to do the system justice. But very strong chi could be felt from them. I did GM Doo Wai's 690 AD dvd, the bone fide version. It was tested as giving me "Divine Blessings" from the light/energy that Eric saw above my head. Problem with this I could only do the static part 2 postures as the moving meds were not broken down so there was no way to learn them as I could not figure out all of those crossing hand movements. But the static ones gave really powerful chi sensations in the hands. To not offend any teachers of Primordial Qigong from Wudang mountain I will lump them all together as I have had 2 of the main dvds from this style tested and they showed not much benefit at all even though it a beautiful movement to watch. Gift of the Tao was tested to be very powerful and good for the immune system but I could not learn one of the movements. I need more slow motion breakdowns to learn from a dvd. But it is supposed to be very good. StillnessMovement from the same teacher of Gift of the Tao is also very powerful but requires energy transmission from the teacher and learning it at a workshop. Here is a warning. I recently saw this beautiful movement of Taoist Wudang 5 Animal Form Qigong and loved the flowing movements. Eric tested it and saw "black energy" at various locations on my nervous system if I were to do it. He could not interpret that energy but said it did not look good and warned me to not get this dvd. A few years ago I had Shibashi tested, the movements look great. Eric found that it would not have a good effect on my nervous system so I did not order it. Robert Peng's chi kung tested good and I tried it but that was right before I found Flying Phoenix and it did not compare to FP. Celestial Chi Kung tested very well but not as good as FP. I am sounding like a real bar hopper!

My New Year's resolution was to find a powerful chi kung method which did not take long to practice and was also easy to learn. Soon after that I stumbled upon a post on Taobums and was communicating with someone who told me that Pangu Mystical Qigong was the simplest form he had ever done but also the powerful in feeling chi. I had it tested and learned that it works by opening the most important 3 nadis/energy channels of the 72,000 nadis in Vedic terms. The 2 side channels and the middle channel and this will result in kundalini rising and that is what heals the body from this practice. It only takes 20 minutes to perform. So that is what I have been doing so far this new year as it fits my time constrained requirements. Looking back at all of the test results I would say that any chi kung meditation from GM Doo Wai is the best. I just think one would have to live more than one life time to be able to learn all of them and to find the time to do them. Please keep in mind that the clairvoyant testing shows how these methods work on me, the testing is for the individual and thus the results cannot always apply generally to other people. Also, no chi kung session has given me the depth of relaxation or transcendence of thoughts that comes from doing Transcendental Meditation. To me the experiences between meditation and chi kung do not compare. I do chi kung for health reasons and as a spiritual tool. People who do Bhagavan's Oneness Blessing have amazing experiences and claim there is no other energy like it. Unfortunately, I have never felt any sensation in the least from it and I have been doing it for the past 6 years and I am a Blessing Giver of this energy. Sad but true. It is my hope that perhaps some day chi kung will clear away whatever is blocking Oneness Energy from working for me. And since I have such a slightly used collection of chi kung dvds, anyone is welcome to buy them from me. Almost forgot to mention Dragon and Tiger Medical Qigong. I bought it because I love the name! It tested very well, especially for health, liver and lungs. I never even looked at the dvd after starting to read the book and it seemed hips have to be at certain angles, etc. That kind of precise alignment is not for me. I read good things about Jerry Alan Johnson's dvd, "Chi Kung, the Healing Workout". Tried it once and discarded it as it seemed to much calesthetics and the breakdowns and teaching is not that great. It just could be that I am 66 yrs old now and I just don't learn as quickly as I used to so I need really simple, basic forms to do. But at least I have my own Ebay chi kung store! It is said that there are hundreds of different styles of chi kung. I am beginning to think it is more like thousands of chi kung forms to choose from. Without a medical clairvoyant telling me what each one does, I would be clueless, it would be trial and error. How would you like to be one of those guys who has spent decades doing just one chi kung form and that one turned out to be low level chi kung?

This brings up a great topic for Sifu Terry. What makes Flying Phoenix high level chi kung?

Steve,

Thank you very much for posting such a wide and comprehensive assessment of various Qigong systems on DVD's that you have tried and had Eric Isen test for you over the years. I had no idea that you had tried out so many Qigong systems on DVD's--wow! And the fact that you've had Eric Isen do readings on the effects of many these systems on your specific health needs lends additional veracity and credibility to your assessments.

[**For those subscribers who missed the section of this thread when you and I discussed Eric Isen's work as a medical clairvoyant: over the course of many months, as Steve was trying out the various Flying Phoenix Meditations and having Eric "read" them remotely to discern their potential health benefits to Steve, Steve discussed Eric's readings with me through back-channell (I believe) or perhaps a bit on this thread, and after a few readings, it became obvious to me that Eric's readings were extremely accurate and precise. And as I had posted on this thread (I don't recall where, but will look for it), Eric read for Steve a highest-level martial meditation (not part of the Flying Phoenix system) that I had given Steve the breathing for, but without having told Steve what the specific nature or purpose of the meditation was. And Eric's very precise reading about the purely health benefits for that martial meditation was utterly enlightening to me, because everyone of my classmates and I who learned that meditation from GM Doo Wai had never paid attention to its health benefits (chakra-clearing effects)--because we were all so fixated on the martial energy that it cultivated (that dramatically manifests through the thighs), and that energy's powerful martial applications. But Eric's reading was spot-on as to the precise "blowing out" (clearing) of the higher chakra centers and with it, the brain-activation effects of that particular Qigong exercise. So that sort of "test", if you will, thoroughly convinced me of Eric's accuracy as a gifted medical clairvoyant. Not that I needed anymore verification, but some months later, I cosmically or karmically lucked-in to experiencing a sublime mind-sealing demonstration of Eric's active channel as a deeksha to/for/of Sri Bhagavan's Oneness Meditation energy--just from reading a passage from an email from Eric Isen to Steve Mehl that Steve posted on this thread: Upon reading Steve's posting, I immediately experienced the unmistakable brain activation and "complete absorption"/jhanic state of the Oneness Meditation Movement directed by Sri Bhagavan--which was similarly consciousness-expanding (activating the parietal lobes on the sides of the head and the upper portions of the forebrain), but discernably different from the highest jhanic (or deepest absorption) states that I have experienced over many years in both (1) Tao Ta Pai neikung meditations and in the (2) Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditations, and (3) Ten Thousands Buddhas Ascending to Heaven Meditations (the latter two taught by GM Doo Wai). I'm recapitulating all this to lend more creedence to your assessments of those Qigong DVD's backed by Eric's remote readings. (And the fact that we're in about the middle of the mercury retrograde makes now the perfect time to review and refine such past findings.) And, of course, I want to take this opportunity to recommend to anyone interested in meditation and spiritual work to experience the very clean, powerful, healing, divinely connecting, ultimately enlightening practice known as the Oneness Meditation Movement--by viewing any of the Sri Bhagavan Oneness Meditation videos on Youtube or to join the Oneness Meditation Movement to participate in the online meditations or in person groups led by Sri Bhagavan's various deeksha's located around the world. (And Steve, Tao Stillness, can of course direct you from here.)]

That said: Thank you for relating your experience with Falun Gung. I've had no direct experience practicing this Buddhist spiritual qigong. But years ago, around 1999 or 2000, when news of China's clamping down and persecution of Falun Gung practitioners made the news in the west, I viewed one clip of an advanced Falun Gung practitioner (could have been the founder) doing a seated meditation. And the second I saw his rotational hand movements (along his centerline, and backwards towards him [i.e., counter-clockwise as seen from his right side]), I felt the Falun Wheel turn within my own system and knew instantly that it was a very authentic and powerful spiritual path with very effective Yogas. (Unfortunately, the Falun Gung movement drew strong repression from the Chinese government because they were able to stage massive demonstrations by 10,000 people in an instant.) But thank you for mentioning Falun Gung because I want to add that to my answer to your question: authentic Falun Gung properly taught by instructors in that sect is every bit as powerful and spiritually uplighting a spiritual path as any that I have come across.

I will comment on the other Qigong DVD's and systems that you've reviewed in your post, further down the road, as I come across them, if I come across them.

Thanks again for your very interesting survey report.

Best,

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Thank you for the reply oreo.

Did/Do you practice while your sinuses were clogged?

Yes I did, the breaths just took me longer to perform, but stopping dairy products was the thing that really helped me.My sinuses are probably not as open as a person that wouldn't have that kind of problem, but it's enough for me to practice.

• Like 1

Sifu Terry,

I am honored by your gracious comments. The fact that you could sense the Falun wheel merely from viewing someone else doing the method speaks volumes of just who you are and the cultivated, highly evolved nervous system that you possess. Sri Bhagavan thanks you for your comments about the Oneness Blessing. But you ain't seen nothing yet compared to the new 3 Chambers that has been released world wide this month. I have not posted experiences of people from this method since even Bhagavan says that it is not believable, especially the health healings from it. It can only be experienced to be believed. I will have a session in the Chambers in March.

I have experienced many chi kung forms like many other people on this thread, in fact, a lot of guys here have been experimenting with chi kung forms several years before I stumbled on this royal path of inner energy cultivation. Regardless of my experiences and the power of most of these methods, none have proved to be as enjoyable to do as the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung for Health series. There is just a unique feeling produced while doing them which makes them so compelling to do. No other method that I have done produces this kind of vibration/energy/joy.

Steve

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 1

Hey guys,

I was thinking as it is most powerful to practice flying phoenix in a group, why wouldn't we try to create some online worldwide events with a set time and see how it goes, Everybody would register, let's say 24h before by just putting his username, and all we would have to do would be to have an intention to practice flying phoenix as a group, which is kind of implicit if people already registered for the session the day before. and we could try as well to set a sequence of meditations or not, or just a length of duration for the practice. Anyone interested?

Aurélien

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Count me in! I participated in what is called group dynamics of consciousness with the TM program who published much research showing how the energy of the group effects the rest of the population. At TM facilities we always meditated in groups. So this should produce a field of Flying Phoenix chi that would boost of our individual chi flow. But it has to be large numbers.

Hey guys,

I was thinking as it is most powerful to practice flying phoenix in a group, why wouldn't we try to create some online worldwide events with a set time and see how it goes, Everybody would register, let's say 24h before by just putting his username, and all we would have to do would be to have an intention to practice flying phoenix as a group, which is kind of implicit if people already registered for the session the day before. and we could try as well to set a sequence of meditations or not, or just a length of duration for the practice. Anyone interested?

Aurélien

Great idea. Someone can start a new thread here at Taobums specifically to calendar simultaneous worldwide Flying Phoenix meditation sessions. And yes, Aurelien, it would be best and most constructive to set a sequence/agenda of FP Meditations for each session, so that everyone practices the same FP Meditation at the same time as we all in unison progress through the same sequence of FP Meds. during the hour or however long we want to do this. That would be most powerful--per my experience from teaching FP classes over the years.

Would anyone like to be the scheduling secretary of the worldwide FP Meditation sessions?

'Looking forward to this.

Best,

Sifu Terry

Great idea. Someone can start a new thread here at Taobums specifically to calendar simultaneous worldwide Flying Phoenix meditation sessions. And yes, Aurelien, it would be best and most constructive to set a sequence/agenda of FP Meditations for each session, so that everyone practices the same FP Meditation at the same time as we all in unison progress through the same sequence of FP Meds. during the hour or however long we want to do this. That would be most powerful--per my experience from teaching FP classes over the years.

Would anyone like to be the scheduling secretary of the worldwide FP Meditation sessions?

'Looking forward to this.

Best,

Sifu Terry

I can do the secretary job, no worries, for the sequence of meditations maybe you can tell us what you think would be the best combination if for example we choose to do a one hour session as you are the more experienced of all of us. It has to be something that beginners can do, so I suppose the best mix of sequences from the DVD 1 and 2, but if there is as well people more advanced they can have their own sessions with the more advanced meditations. Maybe one secretary should take the registration for the "basic" meditations, and an other one for "advanced meditations", what do you think? I'm really excited about this too. Maybe in the future you could even integrate a part to your taichimania website, where people could subscribe, and see which group meditations is coming and subscribe.

Aurélien

• Like 1

I can do the secretary job, no worries, for the sequence of meditations maybe you can tell us what you think would be the best combination if for example we choose to do a one hour session as you are the more experienced of all of us. It has to be something that beginners can do, so I suppose the best mix of sequences from the DVD 1 and 2, but if there is as well people more advanced they can have their own sessions with the more advanced meditations. Maybe one secretary should take the registration for the "basic" meditations, and an other one for "advanced meditations", what do you think? I'm really excited about this too. Maybe in the future you could even integrate a part to your taichimania website, where people could subscribe, and see which group meditations is coming and subscribe.

Aurélien

wow this's a great idea!

hoping time zone will not be a problem..

• Like 1

Hey there,

after about 5 weeks of everyday practice of the FP System I would like to give you a short review.

I have been practicing according to the schedule of Sifu Terry's website, so at the moment my practice consists of the first 3 basic standing meds in the morning right after getting up (~8mins each) and the 3 first basic sitting meds in the evening before sleep (also ~8mins each).

About the first experienced effects: Sometimes I have a feeling of wellbeing throughout the day - a very nice soothing feeling. But this doesn't happen quite often. Also my body jerks and trembles in the middle of doing Basic Standing #3 and Sitting #2... At Basic Standing exercise #1 I do see a light skyblue aura around my fingers (~maybe half an inch thick), when I move them slightly...

The basic sitting meds still have a slightly painful effect to my back while doing them. But afterwards I feel very well and relaxed. This could also come from my tight hip muscles - I can't sit easily in the half lotus position.

Do you think 8 mins per exercise is sufficient or will the effects be stronger when doing the exercises for a longer time?

Thank you.

Greetings,

Julian

• Like 1

Hello everybody,

I created a new topic on the forum for the flying phoenix grou^p sessions, just put your name if interested and the schedule you're available (California, Los Angeles time) and we will try to figure out something together.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/33820-flying-phoenix-worldwide-events/

Thank you

Aurélien

Edited by oreothecookie
  • Like 2

Hello everybody,

I created a new topic on the forum for the flying phoenix grou^p sessions, just put your name if interested and the schedule you're available (California, Los Angeles time) and we will try to figure out something together.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/33820-flying-phoenix-worldwide-events/

Thank you

Aurélien

Aurelien,

Thanks f or starting the new thread for organized worldwide FP Meditation events.

I think it might be better to keep the conversation about FP Meditations sessions here on this thread and dedicate the new thread to just to announcing the scheduled event(s) once everyone is agreed upon the best time. What do you and others think?

Sifu Terry

Hey there,

after about 5 weeks of everyday practice of the FP System I would like to give you a short review.

I have been practicing according to the schedule of Sifu Terry's website, so at the moment my practice consists of the first 3 basic standing meds in the morning right after getting up (~8mins each) and the 3 first basic sitting meds in the evening before sleep (also ~8mins each).

About the first experienced effects: Sometimes I have a feeling of wellbeing throughout the day - a very nice soothing feeling. But this doesn't happen quite often. Also my body jerks and trembles in the middle of doing Basic Standing #3 and Sitting #2... At Basic Standing exercise #1 I do see a light skyblue aura around my fingers (~maybe half an inch thick), when I move them slightly...

The basic sitting meds still have a slightly painful effect to my back while doing them. But afterwards I feel very well and relaxed. This could also come from my tight hip muscles - I can't sit easily in the half lotus position.

Do you think 8 mins per exercise is sufficient or will the effects be stronger when doing the exercises for a longer time?

Thank you.

Greetings,

Julian

Hello Julian,

Welcome to the FP thread,

You've made great progress in just 5 weeks of practice! I can tell since you are able to see the blue FP healing energy while doing Monk Gazing At Moon, It takes most practitiioners much, much longer, sometimes years--before they see the blue light.

Also my body jerks and trembles in the middle of doing Basic Standing #3 and Sitting #2...

Shaking and the trembles are normal side-effects at the beginning of FP Meditaiton practice that continues for a long while for most people. As explained throughout this thread, the shaking/vibratory states will become more refined and will smooth out with practice. I still shake sometimes rather intensely with Monk Gazing At Moon (60 40 20)

8 Min. per exercise is fine for starters. I have beginners do all the Basic FP Meds. on Volumes 1 and 2 for up to15-20 minutes , and the last 3 MSW Meds. on Vol. 2 take however long it takes someone to do each one with 7 repetitions.

The basic sitting meds still have a slightly painful effect to my back while doing them. But afterwards I feel very well and relaxed.

**Don't worry the Basic "warmup" seated meditations bringing to surface a lot of unfelt pain in the back muscles. That is absolutely normal. Everyone in my group in the early 90's experienced this when we started. Especially with the second basic warm up med with (50 30 10) breathing and the arms lifting to shoulder level and lowering (just like the first move in Tai Chi). The pain throughout the back will pass and completely subsisde with continuous practice. Just work through it.

You're doing great. Keep us all abreast of your progress.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 1

Hello Julian,

Welcome to the FP thread,

You've made great progress in just 5 weeks of practice! I can tell since you are able to see the blue FP healing energy while doing Monk Gazing At Moon, It takes most practitiioners much, much longer, sometimes years--before they see the blue light.

Also my body jerks and trembles in the middle of doing Basic Standing #3 and Sitting #2...

Shaking and the trembles are normal side-effects at the beginning of FP Meditaiton practice that continues for a long while for most people. As explained throughout this thread, the shaking/vibratory states will become more refined and will smooth out with practice. I still shake sometimes rather intensely with Monk Gazing At Moon (60 40 20)

8 Min. per exercise is fine for starters. I have beginners do all the Basic FP Meds. on Volumes 1 and 2 for up to15-20 minutes , and the last 3 MSW Meds. on Vol. 2 take however long it takes someone to do each one with 7 repetitions.

The basic sitting meds still have a slightly painful effect to my back while doing them. But afterwards I feel very well and relaxed.

**Don't worry the Basic "warmup" seated meditations bringing to surface a lot of unfelt pain in the back muscles. That is absolutely normal. Everyone in my group in the early 90's experienced this when we started. Especially with the second basic warm up med with (50 30 10) breathing and the arms lifting to shoulder level and lowering (just like the first move in Tai Chi). The pain throughout the back will pass and completely subsisde with continuous practice. Just work through it.

You're doing great. Keep us all abreast of your progress.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Thank you very much for your answer! I am glad to hear that I am making progress. I will try to lengthen my practice to 10-12 minutes per exercise.

I am looking forward to the MSW Meditations - just tried each one of them once...

I have one thing to add to my last post. I have the feeling that my perception of light has changed slightly. For example while looking at a light bulb or a candle I see a halo around it. Also looking towards the sun seems to be more difficult than before... Has anyone else noticed something like this?

Best wishes,

Julian

Aurelien,

Thanks f or starting the new thread for organized worldwide FP Meditation events.

I think it might be better to keep the conversation about FP Meditations sessions here on this thread and dedicate the new thread to just to announcing the scheduled event(s) once everyone is agreed upon the best time. What do you and others think?

Sifu Terry

Hi Sifu Terry,

Yes no worries, whatever works the best. But for now I didn't get a lot answers, people seem interested but nobody told when he was available. Hope it will come soon!!

Aurélien

Edited by oreothecookie

So I just moved here what I wrote in the topic for the flying phoenix events topic,

Hello guys,
So this part of the forum will be used to set up future flying phoenix group sessions. So I think the best way to do that would be to create groups for each continent : 1st group America; 2nd group Europe+Africa, and 3rd group Autraslia+Asia. I suppose that most of us practice either in the morning or in the evening sometimes both. So because of that it would mean that the 1st group and the 3rd one, should be susceptible to find timeframes that suit participants of the two groups, For the 2nd group it's gonna be more difficult to find timeframe that are compatible with the 2 other groups unless there is a midday early afternoon session for Europe+Africa (2nd group), which is something more feasible during the week end.
Secondly where you from guys?, do we have practicionners from the 3 groups, it would great.
This is just an idea, we can try as well to see the availabilities of everybody, and see if we can make groups from the schedules of each one of us. But for this I need everybody interested to tell me, with his availibility.
So I start :
Oreothecookie 10 am-1:30 p.m (California time let's take this as a reference) and so it's the time between which I can start the practice, it doesn't include the time of practice.
Looking forward to it
Aurélien
Edited by oreothecookie
  • Like 1

Fellow Tao Bums -

This month makes the two year mark in my practice of Flying Phoenix Qigong. I would like to provide my thoughts at this point in my practice.

For some background, I am a businessman, mid-50's, work too many hours per week, travel often and so I write this as a practitioner only.

First, know that I am on day 72 of a 100 consecutive day practice of Flying Phoenix. This 100 day practice is a challenge considering my schedule, however, at this point I have built Flying Phoenix into my daily schedule and it has become part of my routine. This does take planning and sacrifice, and you have to go through this proving to yourself that you can do it. There are things that must be given up in order to reach the 100 days of practice successfully. For me, the 100 day practice is equally an exercise in discipline as it is in Flying Phoenix. If you’ve never tried a 100 day practice, I recommend you give it a go. You will learn a lot about yourself, and as Sifu Garry says, “slow and steady wins the race.”

About FP

FP manipulates and refines a subtle form of qi. It is dynamic in that practicing FP allows the practitioner to feel both its gentleness and its power at the same time.

Each exercise-meditation begins with a breath control sequence followed by a series of smooth, gentle movements, although some of the basic FP meditations are static without movements. After the initial breath sequence, one can forget about breath and simply do movements. In other words, movements are not tied to breath.

The gentleness of the movements and the fact that no single movement is repeated in a sequence (though sequences are repeated) in a single exercise makes this style of qigong more meditative than other forms of qigong which marry movements to breath. In fact, FP is what I would consider true “moving meditation”. The mind will naturally wander during the practice of a FP meditation, however, when this happens if the practitioner gently brings the mind back to the movements, so that your only focus is the movements, then the practice can become a meditation.

Benefits and Observations Regarding Flying Phoenix Qigong

Below are my observations as a result of the practice:

- Increased energy and vitality (libido)

- Improved condition of the skin (looks more healthy, smoother, younger)

- Fewer colds and respiratory illnesses with short duration

- Reduced stress levels

- Better sleep

- Better concentration

- Gray hair returns to original color with some of the meditations (not all in my case since I started with quite a bit of gray, but a tangible amount did return to the original color)

- Increased spiritual development

- While doing the meditations, slower is better...as slow as “a shifting sand dune”

- Often while doing the meditations, the hair on my arm feels as if its standing on end

- The results are indeed cumulative, in about every way conceivable

- There are other benefits as well, however, the above are enough to list at this point

Final Observations

Flying Phoenix is a subtle, yet power form of qigong that has strong, tangible benefits. It is a significant component of my overall development towards physical, energetic and spiritual well being. I have incorporated the practice in my daily routine with great benefits, and to my mind, FP is a qigong for life.

For those on the path, wishing you good luck and good practice.

Fu dog

Above is my Mercury Retrograde replay of what consider a very important posting by a diligent student of FP Qigong, Fu_Dog, who btw, started this thread back in Nov. 2009 and then several months later contacted me and asked me to answer questions about FP on the thread. (I chanced to find his posting because when I click on my Taobums bookmark on my browser, it always takes me to page 65 of this thread. And on page 65 is where I found Fu-dog's posting summing up his observations on FP Qigong after about 2.5 years of practice. And I must say, that I don't think I can find better words to describe the workings of Flying Phoenix Qigong than Lloyd's concise description--especially as to how FP Qigong can almost instantly effect meditation in movement--objectively, much faster than Tai Chi Chuan in the case of absolute beginners:

FP manipulates and refines a subtle form of qi. It is dynamic in that practicing FP allows the practitioner to feel both its gentleness and its power at the same time.

Each exercise-meditation begins with a breath control sequence followed by a series of smooth, gentle movements, although some of the basic FP meditations are static without movements. After the initial breath sequence, one can forget about breath and simply do movements. In other words, movements are not tied to breath.

The gentleness of the movements and the fact that no single movement is repeated in a sequence (though sequences are repeated) in a single exercise makes this style of qigong more meditative than other forms of qigong which marry movements to breath. In fact, FP is what I would consider true “moving meditation”. The mind will naturally wander during the practice of a FP meditation, however, when this happens if the practitioner gently brings the mind back to the movements, so that your only focus is the movements, then the practice can become a meditation.

Now at this time, having trained 5 years, Fu_Dog has demonstrated to me that he is one of the more experienced FP Practitioners and is not far from becoming a certified instructor in the basic level of FP Qigong. Not only does Lloyd give in his posting an honest and hard-worked, hard-won set of tangible health benefits after having practiced FP Qigong for about 2.5 years, but he has most accurately answered numerous questions posted by subscribers to this thread (before I could get to them) each time taking the words right out of my mouth, and in doing so made my duty here so much easier! Thanks again, Lloyd, for your continuing support.

Most important and inspiring for all in his post is his account of a failsafe training regimen--that is certain to impart maximum benefits of lasting energization and rejuvenation from this system of Qigong: 100 consecutive days of practice. And this daily practice can be one seated "Monk Serves Wine" meditation and one standing FP Meditation like "Bending the Bows" (which can take 20 to 30 minutes), or it can be the entire system as taught on Volumes 1 thru 5 and Vol.7 of the Chi Kung For Health DVD series--if one has the time to practice 2+ hours per day.

As Sifu Hearfield says, "slow and steady wins the race." Remember this basic maxim as you continue to explore the remarkable Flying Phoenix Qigong.

And speaking of 100 days of practice: one must never become complacent after having done an initial practice such as this. By all means, savor and enjoy the rewards. But then move forward. For there is always a deeper cultivation to be done with theses arts that have cumulative energy effects, as Lloyd and others have confirmed. When one becomes initiated and then immersed in the various internal arts of the Bok Fu Pa Family System, such as Sifu Garry and myself, and one is practicing one of these arts every day for several years for several hours a day, I think that I can safely say that Sifu Garry and I have each practiced FP Qigong--or something equivalent--for stretches of more than one thousand days. So 300 days and then 1,000 days are next step-up standards of practice for serious and earnest students, whom we both would welcome into our respective schools, as the Tao dictates. For as Sifu Garry so accurately observed in the transmission of our arts: "It is not so much that the student picks the art, but it is that these arts choose the student."

And to get into the spiritual zone where the Art picks you, follow this western Magus's A-B-C's of training (which goes far beyond 1,000 days, btw):

Consciousness is a symptom of dis-ease.

All that move well moves without will.

All skillfulness, all strain, all intention is contrary to ease.

Practice a thousand times, and it becomes difficult;

A thousand thousand, and it becomes easy;

a thousand thousand times a thousand thousand,

and it is no longer Thou that doeth it, but It that doeth itself through thee.

Not until then is that which is done well done.

- Aleister Crowley, 1913, Founder, Ordo Templi Orientis -

--And please, no irrelevant-to-Qigong discussion about Aleister Crowley's reputation (ridiculously maligned, in my opinion) on this thread. Start a separate one if anyone needs to. The above is merely his Kindergarden instructions to wake up the uninitiated so that they begin to the scratch the surface of any true Yoga--FP Qigong in our case-- and experience its potential to catalyze the Magickal Formula within so that one can have direct conversation with the Holy Guardian Angel--that ALL ancient yogic cultures have achieved and recognize in their spiritual doctrines.

...Food for thought during the retrograde...so that y'all can kick ass when mercury goes direct.

All Best,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3

To Flying Phoenix Chi Kung practitioners:

Last Saturday, February 15, was a milestone in my teaching of FP Chi Kung, for I taught one of the three most powerful advanced healing meditations to one of my Los Angeles students who has been with me for 6 years. This is the first time since I learned them from GM Doo Wai in 1992, that I have taught to anyone any of these 3 most advanced (standing) healing meditations. And it came quite spontaneously out of me--and was a complete surprise to my student . The Spirit just said to me that "it's time." They are what I call "supercharger" meditations, for they create the superabundance of healing FP Healing Energy--such that the Healing Energy will spontaneously "jump-off" of the FP practitioner onto any person in his/her proximity who needs healing and for whom the practitioner has the slightest positive regard. While healing energy is healing energy, this Yoga happens to be so powerful that if practiced at its requisite minimum: daily for a minimum of three months, the FP practitioner, if his Fu is strong (Fu as in Kung Fu), can punch through any iron body, iron-shirt defense of any system, including that of our own in Bok Fu Pai. (This exercise and the like, of course, will never be published on any media, and will be continued to be transmitted from master to student, from one generation to the next, as all real secrets of kung fu will continue to be preserved).

So brush up on all the FP Meditations that you've skipped. Master them all. They form a crown of health, well-being, and spiritual consciousness that will ultimately help you clean karma and extend longevity (--not that cleaning karma and living longer are necessarily interlinked--they can be totally independent processes). Later, to those who are called by the Art, the crown jewels are given.

As Tao Stillness so kindly pointed out in his extensive Qigong DVD survey a couple of days ago, there is nothing published in the Qigong genre (other than Sifu Hearfield's Sunn Yi Gong and Sifu Jenny Lamb's Yi Gung, as far as I know, that is close to a complete system, that imparts verifiable and repeatable rejuvenating benefits, or has the totally transformative and verifiable healing power of the Flying Phoenix Qigong. I am interested in seeing the Wudangshan-originated Qigong exercises that Steve mentioned, for I am friends with an excellent Wudang Tai Chi and Kung Fu instructor here in Los Angeles, Sifu Steve Leigh, who makes frequent trips to Wudang to train with several masters there. [bTW, 'sorry if there are other legitimate and valuable Qigong systems out there... if I do not acknowledge your Art, it is because I am unaware of it, not disrespecting it!!]

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 4

Hello Sifu Terry, regarding mastering the various meditations:

My actual practice includes 18 reps of BTB (45 minutes, thighs parallel to ground) and 7 reps of MSW1 (30 minutes), for a total of 1:30 (including the preparation)

Let's presume this is the total time I can find during the day, is it better to do less repetitions of BTB in order to practice also other meditations?

or is it better to alternate the various meditations between days?

also, big question, how can one know to have mastered a particular meditation?