Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Its like me getting all the FP from my teacher and then saying I know it, and never learnt it or asked him about it and claiming I know and teach FP. Sifu Terry has learnt FP in person from our teacher so he knows it and if u are Terrys student he will share with you.

• Like 1

She told him that people that were evil, sinful, or dishonest would be rejected by the meditations, and they will not be benefited by them. However, if the person were good, the meditations would provide them with Mystical Heavenly self-healing positive energies so powerful that if he or she has a terminal illness the meditations will teach that person's body how to heal itself. If the person is good, the meditations would not only heal them and provide them with perfect health, but it would allow them to have such positive energy within them that they could lay their hands on and heal others

She reminded him that the meditations would reject those that are evil, sinful, or dishonest, and that only the pure would benefit from the mediations.

It could have been it was founder's meditation experience, or perhaps this art really has its protector deity, or both.

Irrespectively of what has happened, my feeling about the aim of the full story as it was written is that it should embody the ideals and where it would get practitioner and establish the value of those teachings clearly. If I created an art in that time and was an educated person, I'd write a poem too and paint a calligraphy and stuff, just for own consumption and expression ie. part of the art.

The words about rejection, albeit sounding worded in a more western way, don't contradict the general laws other teachers talk or write about - eg. "the more virtue the more benefit".

Did Goddess give this practice to humanity to make money on it? This is good issue.

If someone does not have money to pay for materials and doesn't have money even for food but want to practice?

And not stealing it but just got chance to get online?

And at the same time someone wants more money for materials and increases the price? What is the good and bad?

Would Goddess of Compassion care about such a tiny mundane thing?

IMHO it's all just about you and karma you created. Not about The Goddess.

You could get this material on ebay for let's say 10 $ from somebody else. Anyway this money would go to some dude. And to pay 10 $ for postage to him. And let's say one has only 10 $ for food for next month. What is the good here - not to practice for a month and wait or practice? What is your look on it? And must you buy a material from lineage holder or if you buy it on ebay is it SIN?

Nor accounting.

Advice some teachers give is along these lines: first establish yourself firmly in the real world, then come back to me for esoteric teachings.

Edited by Leif
  • Like 1

Regular readers of this thread know that I have bought some of the GM Doo Wai demo dvds that Sifu Garry mentions and what he has said is true. As of this weekend, June 15, 2013 I now own Sifu Garry's Sunn Yee Gung 1. dvd. Sifu explains what it all is about, what to expect, how to do it, why we do it. Knowing this information for most students will be the difference between staying with the practice and getting benefits versus being so confused about what to do that we just put the dvd away after a few days and never use it again. I had a few questions about the SYG dvd so I emailed Sifu Garry and he replied almost immediately each time. What other chi kung/nei gung Sifus are making themselves available like this besides Sifu Terry and Sifu Garry? I think that in the West we overthink everything instead of develop the habit of surrendering and trusting in a lineage of masters. And if we don't believe these two guys are masters of the Doo Wai family arts, then just take a video of yourself doing the meditations and then go watch those two guys doing it. They do not have to put their teachings on video, there is not much money to be made there without an infomercial on cable tv. Where would any of us be if we had to go where the sifus live in order to learn this stuff? They made this art readily available for a reason. Without FP and SYG we would still be settling for less doing Spring Forest and the rest that many of us have tried. Gratitude goes a long way. This is just one person's slant on it.

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 6

Sifu Garry's Sunn Yee Gung 1. dvd. Sifu explains what it all is about, what to expect, how to do it, why we do it.

And that's just the sitting meds.

I can't imagine how one would do the moving meds without proper guidance.

I have the Red Dragon from sifu which contains moving meditations and the presentation is top notch. Going many times over each form, explaining every detail. Doing moving SYG based on demo videos must be like reading Bible in Swahili.

Edited by Leif
  • Like 1

And I agree with Eugene that it is about our own karma and not any Deity. I think the judgment aspect of western religion has people unconsciously wondering if they are good enough.

I also consider the story about the origin of Flying Phoenix in the context of the culture in China at that time in history. They have had such a long lasting history of warlords and bandits in that country and foreign invasions. Almost every kung fu movie portrays those kinds of things. So the good and the bad people both learned martial arts for survival. So in that context I can understand why the Goddess would mention pure of heart. The Divine would not want to give energy to a force of evil to increase evil in China.

And if any Doo Wai lineage student doing chi kung wonders if they are evil, they need only ponder if they have committed the atrocities that we have read about that have occurred in China from the ancient to the modern times. Remember, Chinese citizens caught doing Falun Gong in China are still sent to prison and some are tortured for that! So I hope that we all can just enjoy doing energy cultivation and ease up on the judgment of ourselves. Shall Sifu Garry be considered not to be pure enough because he uses naughty words on this blog? He sure has benefited from the Doo Wai arts in spite of using profanity. And I have read or heard on video GM Doo Wai state that the story of the history of FP might be legend. He uses that disclaimer, "according to legend....." This means to me that there is some factual basis to the story but there could have been things added to the story as it was passed down through his family over many years. This stuff to me is supposed to about energy, not mental concepts and debating philosophy. Life is to be lived, not dissected to death. I have to go clean my bathroom now so you guys will be spared from any more of my ranting, LOL.

• Like 1

Leif, I

Your analogy is right on. I took one look at GM Doo Wai doing advanced FP moving meds and it did indeed seem as complex as a foreign language that we have not learned. Fortunately, I was able to easily learn the sitting meds that are also on that expensive DVD and to me they are worth the price I paid but I will never do that again. We already have what we need from FP and SYG. So I am learning to be satisfied with the powerful methods that I have instead of seeking for the supposedly more advanced. I remind myself that I did not go from elementary school directly to graduate school. I had to take all the steps that came before that advanced learning. Cultivation is the same. Our nervous systems cannot handle that energy unless the channels are cleared beforehand. I get too eager at times because of my fairly advanced age. It's not like I have 30 more years to do this stuff..... I figured cleaning the bathroom could wait a few more minutes... LOL

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 2

Okey. I agree. But just proposed another look on it. You could get this material on ebay for let's say 10 $ from somebody else. Anyway this money would go to some dude. And to pay 10 $ for postage to him. And let's say one has only 10 $ for food for next month. What is the good here - not to practice for a month and wait or practice? What is your look on it? And must you buy a material from lineage holder or if you buy it on ebay is it SIN?

Since all arises from the heart, it's the intention that makes your deeds pure or not. You can pay $10 an entry ticket to a place physical or online when you can have "free" material, what makes it a wrong doing is your intention to get stolen material. Ebay is not the problem, your intention is. The same if you register to a public library to borrow books and dvd's and make copies of them. Although you payed for registering, if your intention is to copy them, then you're stealing. that's simple.

If you don't have $10 to spend on a teaching but only on your food, then what's the problem? Avidity is the problem which makes you wanting the teaching and the food when you can only have one of them at the moment. Make more $ to be able to get both. That's creating right karma. If I give myself excuses to steal, kill, there will be no ending to that.

Edited for spelling

Edited by bubbles
  • Like 1

Since all arises from the heart, it's the intention that makes your deeds pure or not...Ebay is not the problem, your intention is

Make more $ to be able to get both. That's creating right karma. If I give myself excuses to steal, kill, there will be no ending to that.

I agree about intention.

I think there are few levels in this. And I can't make judgements what is right or not, it could be just my perception.

Guan Yin is another name of buddhist Avalokitesvara, Bodhisattva of Compassion.

Perfection of Wisdom is a translation of Prajnaparamita. The full title of this sutra is The Heart of Prajnaparamita Sutra.

Avalokiteshvara, the Bodhisattva of Compassion, meditating deeply on Perfection of Wisdom, saw clearly that the five aspects of human existence are empty*, and so released himself from suffering. Answering the monk Sariputra, he said this:

All things are empty:

Nothing is born, nothing dies,

nothing is pure, nothing is stained,

nothing increases and nothing decreases.

So, in emptiness, there is no body,

no feeling, no thought,

no will, no consciousness.

There are no eyes, no ears,

no nose, no tongue,

no body, no mind.

There is no seeing, no hearing,

no smelling, no tasting,

no touching, no imagining.

There is nothing seen, nor heard,

nor smelled, nor tasted,

nor touched, nor imagined.

There is no ignorance,

and no end to ignorance.

There is no old age and death,

and no end to old age and death.

There is no suffering, no cause of suffering,

no end to suffering, no path to follow.

There is no attainment of wisdom,

and no wisdom to attain.

The Bodhisattvas rely on the Perfection of Wisdom,

and so with no delusions,

they feel no fear,

and have Nirvana here and now.

Sifu Garry - your contributions are of very high quality and have helped make this thread something special.

If the discussion occasionally drifts to SYG to make a point, then I consider that a valuable addition that broadens our perspective... and is always welcome.

Thanks for your continued support of this thread.

Lloyd

• Like 5

There is great merit to supporting our teachers, and yes with money.

This allows them to maintain an economic level so they can in turn focus on teaching even more people the wonderful arts that help us live higher quality lives.

If we want to perpetuate the energetic arts, then support the masters who teach them.

• Like 4

Hello Everyone,

Thank you Sifu Terry, Sifu Garry, Fu Dog and all the rest for keeping this thread spinning - I have been spotty with my practice lately, you all have inspired me to get off my **se and redouble my efforts, time flies by too quickly.

I also just wanted to chime in on a question Sifu Terry asked a while back on experiences with the FP flash meditations - when I first started my practice, I did the flash meds along with sets of the sitting exercises - I would also practice just the flash meds when I did not have a lot of time - In my experience, it seemed like I was feeling effects from the flash meditations despite just beginning my practice, I really noticed that I felt a lot less vulnerable to catching colds during the winters.

Best,

R

rsalazar - I learned in opposite order from you.

I learned the standing 90-sec flash meditations at the very end of all others. In fact, only in the past couple months have I put focus on them.

For the past week I have been on vacation and have had time to practice the flash meditations every day, and I can attest to the fact that they rock!

So to your point, though they are short in duration when I go through the entire set I find they are highly energizing. And they seem to get a little more powerful every day when doing them on consecutive days. Or maybe better said I have not topped them out yet.

Charlie (ridingtheox) has had a focus on the long standing form with good results. I am considering putting some focus on the flash meditations to observe the effect (while at the same time rotating through all the others).

• Like 3

Just want to report that the core shaking I experience apparently was dietary, just as you suggested Sifu Terry. I reduced my morning caffeine intake by half (I do FPCK mid-morning each day) and it has desisted. Perhaps I simply didn't notice the internal tremors until the muscular shaking had first subsided, and it in fact had been there all along. In any event, the energy in my practice is now calmer and sort of "rounder", I'd say. A good improvement! Thank you.

You're welcome, BEW. Glad my advice based on a hunch was helpful!

Best,

Sifu Terry

I just want to appoligise to my Sihing (Sifu Terry) for hijacking this thread, please anyone that is doing SYG create or use the SYG topic! :(

No apology whatsoever is needed, Si-hing Garry, because I know your intent is purely to clarify understanding of all the Bok Fu Pai internal arts and to correct misconceptions that appear on this thread about how our Qigong is best practiced for best results!

And I highly recommend that any FP practitioner who has completed the Basic Level of Flying Phoenix Meditations in my DVD series and wants another Bok Fu Pai internal art to compare to FP, to by all means try Sifu Garry's SYG training program on DVD. :excl: :excl:

B)

Hello Everyone,

Thank you Sifu Terry, Sifu Garry, Fu Dog and all the rest for keeping this thread spinning - I have been spotty with my practice lately, you all have inspired me to get off my **se and redouble my efforts, time flies by too quickly.

I also just wanted to chime in on a question Sifu Terry asked a while back on experiences with the FP flash meditations - when I first started my practice, I did the flash meds along with sets of the sitting exercises - I would also practice just the flash meds when I did not have a lot of time - In my experience, it seemed like I was feeling effects from the flash meditations despite just beginning my practice, I really noticed that I felt a lot less vulnerable to catching colds during the winters.

Best,

R

Thanks Rene,

Glad you're back on the thread and back to FP training!!

Sifu Terry

rsalazar - I learned in opposite order from you. I learned the standing 90-sec flash meditations at the very end of all others. In fact, only in the past couple months have I put focus on them. For the past week I have been on vacation and have had time to practice the flash meditations every day, and I can attest to the fact that they rock! So to your point, though they are short in duration when I go through the entire set I find they are highly energizing. And they seem to get a little more powerful every day when doing them on consecutive days. Or maybe better said I have not topped them out yet. Charlie (ridingtheox) has had a focus on the long standing form with good results. I am considering putting some focus on the flash meditations to observe the effect (while at the same time rotating through all the others).

Lloyd,

As I've stated a lot recently, what's most important is that people eventually get around to practicing all the FP Meditations on my DVD series. It doesn't matter if you start with Volume 1 or Volume 5, as long as you cover the entire set of exercises on the DVDs. Fortunately, FP Qigong is so sublime that you can learn them in almost any order and still feel good results. But for the sake of beginners with no martial art or other Qigong training, I presented the FP Meditations on the DVD series in the same order in which I had learned them--from most basic to most complex (Vol.4 Long Form Standing and Vol.7 Advanced Seated Monk Serves Wine Meds.). And my experience teaching FP Qigong over the years has shown me that that order presented in the DVD series is very efficient for one to learn the entire FP Qigong system. The 90-second "Flash" meditations were actually taught to me by GMDW at about the same time that he taught me the Basic Standing Meds. (on Volume One), but I decided to present them in a Volume 5 after the Long Form Standing Meditaiton of Vol.4 because I thought that getting to Vol. 4 and mastering that Long Form Meditation is most important. Just this teacher's perogative. Plus, having Vol.4 under one's belt most opens so many neuromuscular pathways and energy channels that it definitely makes the Flash meditations of Vol.5 that much easier to learn and enables one to more deeply experience/tangibly feel their energy cultivation--per Eric Isen's very accurate, chakra-based, clairvoyant readings.

And even then, what's on the DVD series is a essential distillation of a very vast FP system, as Sifu Garry accurately described it. There are many more seated Monk Serves Wine meditations that I teach in my classes that are not on the DVD series. I may add another volume of Advanced seated "Monk Serves Wine" FP meditations further down the road.

Best,

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 4

Thanks Dai Hing,

Ok, with SYG the reason that 1 seated meditation a month means you learn to sit and still the mind, cultivate energy, open up meridians & fill certain areas up with Qi. So one has to start from the beginning, adding more seated when you havent understood nor cultivated correctly will do you no good when doing the one seated right will gain more than adding many. Its ok to add the standing 1 meditation to go with the seated as a balance and different paths are opened. How I teach is for your own benefits slow and easy wins the race!!!

• Like 1

Sifu Terry - thanks for the background on the flash meditations. They have some juice! Which is just one more reason I have come to believe *none* of the FP exercises are "basic"....they all have strong energetic effects.

• Like 1