Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

When I close my eyes, I can still see my hands "aura" or ghost image (like looking at a bright light) while practicing the moves. I just got the DVDs this week, and wow even the sitting meditations are making my legs shake. Sometimes, it feels like I'm not even the one doing the arm movements, its almost being done for me. Great stuff so far. I'll probably have a ton of questions soon. :D

Hello LDS,

Very cool Screen-name. Welcome to the worldwide Flying Phoenix practice group and this thread. Thanks for your initial report on the start of your practice. Yes(!), when you attain the state of effortless,frictionless movement where mind and body are One (which Castaneda calls "Not-doing", you lose all sensation of whether you (if there is a real "you" that you try to identify with your idea of who you are) are doing the exercise or the exercise is doing you. In other words, you lose all sense of ego...and after you've experienced this ego-loss enough times, you will have effectively prove to yourself that the ego (the mis-identification of your real self with your idea of who you think you are) is a delusion. And the closer you come to realization that what you really are is one with the Universe, one with the Whole Works. And Flying Phoenix Qigong is incredibly powerful and remarkable because with its most basic and fundamental exercises done just as taught in the DVD series, it will put you in the state of "Not-doing." The more you practice, the more you operate through Not-doing (so the more highly efficient you become at work--which btw, is the best definition of "Kung-Fu": "mastery of work")and the more constant is your access to Cosmic Consciousness.

Yesterday, in my weekend kung-fu class, I led my students in what added up to be 108 minutes of Flying Phoenix Qigong:

Monk Gazing At Moon 5 min.

Monk Holding Peach 8 min.

Monk Holding Pearl 8 min.

Bending The Bows 10 min.

Wind Above the Clouds (2x) 10 min. total

Wind Though Treetops (1x) 10 min.

Moonbeam Splashing on Water (2x) 22 min. total

Long Form Standing Meditation (2x) 34 min.

Each of my students declared afterwards that they were experiencing an At-One-ment like they had never experienced before. Thus Cosmic Consciousness is almost a guaranteed by-product of correct FP Qigong practice.

Enjoy your practice and thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience.

Best Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

P.S. NOTE--AND THIS IS AN IMPORTANT NOTE: Legs shaking in the seated meditations (and every other part of the body shaking and vibrating involuntarily in the standing FP Meditations is a the most normal sign of cultivation for every practitioner of the FP qigong--and is ABSOLUTELY NOT by any stretch of the imagination an indication that the practitioner is in poor health or is weak--as claimed by Sil Lum in his most recent post above. Although Sil Lum has chosen to remain anonymous (understandable after severe rebuke and chastisement by Sifu Garry Hearfield for over a year on this thread) he continues to post irrelevant nonsense and absolutely fallacious statements about the effects of Flying Phoenix practice (--which quite clearly proves that he has no experience or credibility whatsoever in Flying Phoenix Qigong) --all the while stroking himself with claims of having learned hundreds of meditations from GM Doo Wai and then disengenuously touting "peace and respect". Rather than spread "peace", Sil Lum has done nothing but disrupt this thread with half-baked lies and misrepresentations, causing me to waste time (which I don't have) and energies (I can't really spare) correcting the seemingly endless malarkey he so thoughtlessly spews--and rebuking the dishonest spirit and intent of his postings. As for "respect", Sil Lum has no respect for this Flying Phoenix art, the Doo Family tradition that has preserved it, and certainly not for me and my teachings--as explained extensively below.

At any rate, LaDankSkunk, don't give a second thought about shaking or vibratory effects of the FP Qigong practice. It is perfectly normal throughout training; enjoy the ride. If you search this thread, you'll find my very detailed explanations of why different parts of the body shake and vibrate with different Flying Phoenix Meditations (both standing and seated). In a nutshell: the body shakes ONLY because of relative tension in particular parts of the body and its "inexperience" in conducting or being permeated by or being transformed by the FP healing energy. It is an absolutely false and ludicrous statement based on no authentic FP experience whatsoever--but rather pulled out of a lower orifice--that a perfectly healthy and strong person will NOT shake and vibrate when practicing the FP qigong. I have practiced the FP Qigong system for 21 years and I can take the basic FP Qigong standing meditation, "Monk Holding Peach" (Volume One) and teach it in a way where any person in the peak of health--including those with high level in any martial or yogic art--will shake, rattle and roll and repeatedly fold over at the hips like he was praying at the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem. Moreover, the Fourth of the 48 meditations in the 10,000 Buddhas Meditation System that has breath sequence with 8 percentage exhalations (yes, I am disclosing it here to make a point) can cause any advanced Kung Fu practitioner--and even some masters--to bounce across a room and up and down in wild gyrations (totally out of voluntary control)...and none of such gyrating subjects necessarily have to be in poor health and weak--contrary to Sil Lum's load of absurdity. But that, unfortunately, is not the end of his bunkum, for Sil Lum both insults and misleads current practitioners of FP Qigong that if they are vibrating while doing the FP Qigong after 2 years of practice, then they are in poor health. ***In fact, I would like to ask ANY and ALL FP practitioners who are in their 2nd or 3rd year of practice--and are still vibrating in the FP Meditations and yet are in fine health--to chime in here and to prove to Sil Lum that he has posted another blatantly wrong generalization. For vibrating and shaking in any of the FP Meditations is normal and can occur even after 20 years of practice, if the practitioner decides simply not try to control the vibration by any number of means that I've described in earlier postings...such as (1) simply emptying one's chest more in the wuchi, (2) channeling the energy into the ground or upward through the extremities (through use of the inner thigh muscles in coordination with use of parts of the feet), or (3) to ingest a little bit of food to completely quell/shut down the Qigong's vibrations*** I for one have have practiced FP Qigong for 21 years--ah, including the Level 2 Advanced Meditations--and while I don't vibrate at all in any of the Advanced FP Meditations, to this day I still vibrate and shake while doing some of the rather wonderful Basic FP Qigong exercises (seen in their entirety in my DVD series). Yet I happen to be in the peak of health, and my martial and yogic practice is at its peak. But if Sil Lum would like to finally come out of the shadows of anonymity and tell me to my face that I am in poor health because I shake and vibrate in the FP meditations, I will most welcome that exchange, for I will then show Sil Lum firsthand--without touching him--how the FP Healing Energy (as circulated and concentrated in the first of nine (9) Level Two Advanced FP Moving Meditations) and the energy-consciousness upheld by those meditations can create devastatingly poor health in a person. <<Yes, not contrary to--but rather on top of--the exoteric fact I have stated for the past 2.5 years on this thread, the esoteric fact is that the Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Chi Meditations (Fei Fung San Gung) when properly practiced through its advanced levels can be easily used for martial purpose...just as true mastery of any system of Yoga puts the power of life and death in one's hands.>>

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply Sifu Dunn,

Thanks for that nice clarification on leg shaking, it should help a lot of folks. It is a strange sensation, and not the first time I have felt it, but it is almost more like a twitching you could say haha. I sometimes noticed your leg would twitch when the breath sequence would start in the films, and then your hands would start to glow, :unsure: but I have another question. At what rate would things like diet, health, and exercise affect the speed of the healing abilities of FP and is 1 year the fastest you've seen it come into work? or have there been even more miraculously shorter periods for others? And my last question is, how well does Flying Phoenix perform against psychic attacks from negative entities?

edit:

Oh I didn't even realize there was a discussion on the shaking happening when I mentioned it! haha. and speaking of colds. I haven't had a cold in over 6-7 months, or any other sickness or problems of any sort. That's all a matter of how many fruits and vegetables for me. 2 glasses of fresh juice a day does the trick.

Edited by LaDankSkunk
  • Like 1

Hello Sifu Terry,

I am most interested in what you said about FP producing Cosmic Cosciousness as that is the goal of all spiritual systems, and actually of the human being. Before I had read your posting about C.C. I wanted to ask what is there specifically about the effects of FP on the brain/nervous system which would result in C.C and other spiritual experiences? Does FP result in the kundalini rising to reach the brain as some masters state is what produces higher states of consciousness and I can personally verify from my experience that higher states are related to kundalini. Are there specific meditations in FP that could be done more than the others to get this this CC going faster? I suspect the answer is no, all the meditations done regularly will work toward higher states of awareness. So what is needed to be worked on more so is PATIENCE!

I am enjoying the exchanges of perception and opinion between you and Sillum. But I wonder why that gentleman chooses not to disclose his name? This is a friendly Forum of fellow seekers who hopefully have the same goal which is why we are hear to learn and to share.

Steve

HAHAHAHA Popcorn and beer time, lmao

Please point in the direction of my comments made on shaking and vibrating?

Funny, that you say that FP Healing doesnt need anything else but GMDW was a chinese doctor in Dit Dar, herbology??? I guess he shouldnt have done any of that if his FP Healing is all he needed?

LMFAO Popcorn is ready and this comedy movie is about to start AGAIN!!! :wacko:

HAHAHAHA Popcorn and beer time, lmao

Please point in the direction of my comments made on shaking and vibrating?

Funny, that you say that FP Healing doesnt need anything else but GMDW was a chinese doctor in Dit Dar, herbology??? I guess he shouldnt have done any of that if his FP Healing is all he needed?

LMFAO Popcorn is ready and this comedy movie is about to start AGAIN!!! :wacko:

Why are you trying to change the subject? The thread is about flying phoenix qigung and not dit dar and herbal remedies.

Eat prezels with your beer!

For the record, I have never "tried to control the shaking" while practicing FP, so the premise of Sillum's criticism of Sifu Terry and Garry for failing to correct me simply has not basis in truth.

To Sifu Terry's point, I'm on year 3 of a regular practice of FP and in good health, and it's my experience some spontaneous movement goes with the practice.

Sifu Garry, I'll take some of that popcorn. :glare:

You claim that FP is all for healing but GMDW uses dit dat, TCM, Tui Na, and many other folk remedies to cure people, try putting a dislocated hip back in with just your chi and ill be convinced. Oh let me guess, the energy healing works only on certain things of course??? Meh...

FP also has formulas for health and healing, meh

Could it be a misunderstanding?

Since I read that "the energy" from the FB can be used for healing only

this is how I have understand it (so now Kamehameha with FB - well maybe work like cure and kill zombies but well... nada). If there is need of other things I do not know.

As lineage holder GM DOO Wai should know many things and martial artist of the past need to know herbal, treatment of broken bones, etc for cases happen in fighting and after.

Edit : Give me the pretzel, dont waste a pretzel its holy!

Edited by Friend

MYfamiliy arts? This is very interesting.

How high is the possibility to have a Doo here?

--Not very high, given how much he has worn out GM Doo Wai's name on this thread and how he has vexed the hell out of Sifu Hearfield (GM Doo Wai's only publicly designated inheritor of his Family's most advanced Kung-Fu (Omei Bak Mei and Burning Palm in addition to Bok Fu Pai), and now has finally driven me to the end of my rope of tolerance with his most recent posting of perverse nonsense and half-baked generalizations taken out of context of perhaps an actual experience with Doo Wai.

btw, Friend, I think you had asked me in a recent posting for me to outline the Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Chi Meditations.

Answer: Besides the Basic and not-so-basic Meditations in Volumes 1-5, and Vol. 7 of my Chi Kung For Health dvd series, there are 16 more seated Monk Serves Wine Meditations--for a total of 24 seated meditations. Then there are nine (9) Advanced (so-called "Level 2" Flying Phoenix Mediations, which are all moving meditations.) ***However, I will resist any further discussion of the training or effects of Advanced FP Qigong Meditations because I came to this thread 2+ years ago at the invitation of "FU_DOG" to discuss the health benefits of the Flying Phoenix Meditations taught in my DVD series...and mastery of the Advanced FP Meditations crosses the threshold into high-level, esoteric martial application of this Qigong system that is known exoterically as a purely medical or healing Qigong system, which is not appropriate for a public forum. That Sil Lum has declared the martial application of the Advanced FP Meditations and my demonstrable skill of this to be "B.S." betrays the fact that he has never practiced Advanced Flying Phoenix Meditations correctly if at all. My invitation to him stands as an open one.

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 2

Hello Sifu Terry,

I am most interested in what you said about FP producing Cosmic Cosciousness as that is the goal of all spiritual systems, and actually of the human being. Before I had read your posting about C.C. I wanted to ask what is there specifically about the effects of FP on the brain/nervous system which would result in C.C and other spiritual experiences? Does FP result in the kundalini rising to reach the brain as some masters state is what produces higher states of consciousness and I can personally verify from my experience that higher states are related to kundalini. Are there specific meditations in FP that could be done more than the others to get this this CC going faster? I suspect the answer is no, all the meditations done regularly will work toward higher states of awareness. So what is needed to be worked on more so is PATIENCE!

I am enjoying the exchanges of perception and opinion between you and Sillum. But I wonder why that gentleman chooses not to disclose his name? This is a friendly Forum of fellow seekers who hopefully have the same goal which is why we are hear to learn and to share.

Steve

Yes positive exchange is good. Insults are irresponsible. I am Sillum a name given to me by Grandmaster Doo Wai. I am a closed-door disciple of Grandmaster Doo Wai. I see no need to identify myself by any other name. We who study the arts of chi gung and gung fu should consider it our responsibility and duty to continue to improve our character and assist the weak and uninformed and show respect for all. We train our minds and our bodies to have an unshakable spirit. We should seek to cultivate in truth so that in time our senses will be keen and alert. We should seek to cultivate aspirit of self-discipline. We should be courtesy and respectful of our Grandmaster and refrain from viciousness. We should never forget the true virtue of humbleness. We should seek wisdom and effectiveness and no other desires. This ancient knowledge speaks for itself.

FP Healing will not fix dislocations, snapped protruding bones, so this is why I post, Daoist Monk Fung Do Duk according to legend travelled around healing people NOT just with energy but many types of chinese therapies. FP and even my Sunn Yee Gong comes with herbal formulas as well I was taught other things for healing as part of a whole in SYG.

I speak with Sifu Terry on skype offen and we exchange many things, training methods, chi theories, healing, and let me say that not only as a kung fu brother to sifu terrry, but he knows his FP like the back of his hand. I wouldnt buy FP or learn FP from anyone else period especially suilums group who ever he is with PERIOD!!

Its a shame he has come on here to totally hijack this thread once again and it looks like he is just trying to take students or business away from my brother. Sales must be down at that site, since Sifu Terry has come public, and I thank him for doing so!!!

I havent posted here for a long time, but I will support my brother every single time...

Sifu Garry

--Not very high, given how much he has worn out GM Doo Wai's name on this thread and how he has vexed the hell out of Sifu Hearfield (GM Doo Wai's only publicly designated inheritor of his Family's most advanced Kung-Fu (Omei Bak Mei and Burning Palm in addition to Bok Fu Pai), and now has finally driven me to the end of my rope of tolerance with his most recent posting of perverse nonsense and half-baked generalizations taken out of context of perhaps an actual experience with Doo Wai.

btw, Friend, I think you had asked me in a recent posting for me to outline the Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Chi Meditations.

Answer: Besides the Basic and not-so-basic Meditations in Volumes 1-5, and Vol. 7 of my Chi Kung For Health dvd series, there are 16 more seated Monk Serves Wine Meditations--for a total of 24 seated meditations. Then there are nine (9) Advanced (so-called "Level 2" Flying Phoenix Mediations, which are all moving meditations.) ***However, I will resist any further discussion of the training or effects of Advanced FP Qigong Meditations because I came to this thread 2+ years ago at the invitation of "FU_DOG" to discuss the health benefits of the Flying Phoenix Meditations taught in my DVD series...and mastery of the Advanced FP Meditations crosses the threshold into high-level, esoteric martial application of this Qigong system that is known exoterically as a purely medical or healing Qigong system, which is not appropriate for a public forum. That Sil Lum has declared the martial application of the Advanced FP Meditations and my demonstrable skill of this to be "B.S." betrays the fact that he has never practiced Advanced Flying Phoenix Meditations correctly if at all. My invitation to him stands as an open one.

Sifu Terry Dunn

LOL... You contradict your earlier posts.

Cihan -

Excellent progress report...thanks for keeping us posted! Not Sifu Terry, but I can offer a few thoughts:

Regarding your practice of MHP and the fact that the energy gives you an energy blast, I don't believe that's uncommon. All of these powerful energy blasts you are feeling is your body becoming adjusted to the FP energy. Your body will eventually adjust....but it will take some time. No need to be in a hurry, just enjoy the journey.

When I first started practicing the FP system, the basic seated meditation #4 that starts 90 50 40 30 10 is the one that would generate such energy that it would literally feel like it was ripping my head off. In my case the FP energy felt both gentle and phenomenally powerful *at the same time*. It sometimes gave me spontaneous and almost violent movements if I didn't consciously curb them. And as is the case with you and MHP, the fourth seated FP meditation is also considered a "basic" exercise. As has been pointed out more than once on this forum, in actual practice people will soon find the "basic" Flying Phoenix exercises are not so basic.

In my case it took a little over a year for my body to adjust so the FP energy, i.e., so I didn't feel like that enormous energy blast in my neck and head when I was doing basic seated #4. That said, I have been practicing FP over 2 years now and I still get a good jolt or two from the FP exercises if I am not in an energetic balance. Over time Flying Phoenix provides you with an excellent energetic balance, as that's one of the characteristics I have noticed. I feel like I am *still* gaining new things energetically from the practice of FP. I don't know where the ceiling is, but I know I haven't reached it.

Keep us posted on your practice Cihan!

Fu Dog, I highlighted what you said. Maybe you did not mean what you said.

FP Healing will not fix dislocations, snapped protruding bones, so this is why I post, Daoist Monk Fung Do Duk according to legend travelled around healing people NOT just with energy but many types of chinese therapies. FP and even my Sunn Yee Gong comes with herbal formulas as well I was taught other things for healing as part of a whole in SYG.

I speak with Sifu Terry on skype offen and we exchange many things, training methods, chi theories, healing, and let me say that not only as a kung fu brother to sifu terrry, but he knows his FP like the back of his hand. I wouldnt buy FP or learn FP from anyone else period especially suilums group who ever he is with PERIOD!!

Its a shame he has come on here to totally hijack this thread once again and it looks like he is just trying to take students or business away from my brother. Sales must be down at that site, since Sifu Terry has come public, and I thank him for doing so!!!

I havent posted here for a long time, but I will support my brother every single time...

Sifu Garry

This comment does not make any sense. I am not a part of any group. I only want to share the truth. Here is a good question for you and Terry.

How long does it take for a Flying Phoenix Meditation or 72 level qigung meditations to mature?:D

You have no idea of my training or my cultivation practices to ask! :rolleyes:

A knowledgable teacher (shifu) would know the answer. Especially one who studied under GM Doo Wai and claims superior knowledge and understanding. But maybe you are just a practitioner.:D

Edited by Sillum

Sigh... Sillum, it appears you wish to cast doubt upon the students of Terry and show you have the real stuff and not Terry Dunn in regards to the FP Heavenly Meditations. For us, all who are not indoor students of GM Doo Wai, what do you want of us? Stop having interest in these meditations? Stop following Terry and start following you? What is your purpose?

For us, at least myself, it is exhausting to be pulled this way, pulled that way, so that nothing is really clear.

I suggest you invite GM Doo Wai to make a small video to proclaim you as the real knowledgible individual in these practices so we can once and for all have a clear direction to follow. Otherwise, it's all just hot air... so to speak.

When you post, understand that the rest of us have not had the opportunity that you say you have had learning personally with GM Doo Wai. We are working stiffs out there that have a hunger for knowledge and just want to learn and grow because we love the Chinese Martial and Internal Arts.

If you cannot provide better instruction, and only want to say "I know better than Terry but I cannot teach you or give you an opportunity to learn" then of what use are you for us.

I'm 53 this year and have spent a better part of my adult life in and around the Chinese martial arts and qigong. I would like to add quality meditations to my Bagua and ZhanZhuang pratices and don't have time for petty crap-o-la... so I only have one thing to say. Either Shit or Get off the Pot!

With all respect,

Bill

• Like 4

Sillum,

This is your m.o. You come off passive aggressive and holier than thou. You make jabs at Sifu Dunn and Sifu Garry each and every time you approach this thread.You give your 2 cents when no one has asked for it. You have disrespected My Sifu as well as his brother Sifu Dunn. You preach about love and respect as well as keeping the arts pure but also attempt to spit venom into all of their students eyes. I agree with Bagua kid.(for reference please read his last sentence in the post before this) You are ridiculous. You have the balls to question both of their training but have shown none of your own. Again I reference you to Bagua kids post" either shit or get off the pot". Or put aNother way, put up or shut up. You stated that it is easy for Sifu Dunn to post b.s. on the internet regarding the arts and applications. Wtf have you done to prove your worth or that any one should give a rats ass what you have to say? Other than claiming to be a closed door Disciple of GMDW and posting absolute Bullshit yourself....nothing. I ask you to please just STFU And leave. No one cares to argue or fight over your views and utter B.S. you are Disrespecting GMDW Sifu Dunn, Sifu Hearfield everyone on this forum as well as all of the practitioners both past and present. Enough is enough. -J

• Like 1

LOL... You contradict your earlier posts.

Sillum,

Could you please leave. This is one of the most impressive threads in thetaobums, and one that Terry Dunn has invested a lot in and I find very interesting. Your input isn't wanted, isn't helpful, nor beneficial.

If you want to talk about your version of whatever, could you go do it in another thread?

Get out man.

John

• Like 3