Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Speaking of a system choosing you, I had a dream a few nights ago where I met with GM Doo Wai and he told me to learn the first 3 meditations. I have since been doing just that and feeling much better, but that dream still struck me as kind of odd. What do you guys think? Am I going nuts here or what? I'll also add the sitting ones as Sifu Terry has suggested as soon as I can. ^_^

Warmest Regards,

Shen

Hi Shen,

Yes, you can believe that you are going crazy if you choose to believe that...but the equally valid conclusion is that you had a visitation from GM Doo Wai while you were in the meditative state.

In the deep meditative state so well facilitated by FP Qigong, you can more easily and effortlessly "stop the world" by turning off the "internal dialog"--the little voice that talks to you and that names, describes, analyzes and limits everything that you're focus your attention on. And then you can "see." Once you start "seeing" regularly, you can accept everything that you experience in FP meditation state at face value and simply use the information that's coming to you. You already got one packet or installment.

Even if you choose to doubt, discount, or even totally deny your experience of a visitation, the smart thing to do is to still use the information that came to you.

That's what a warrior does. He/she hunts Power. and when the Power (knowledge) arrives, he uses it to become more impeccable.

The more and better you meditate, the more spiritual visitations you will have. It's very well rounding to have them. Very valuable because they instantly let you know that there's a hwole lot more to the world than your philosophy or worldview--whatever it may be.

Do the first 3 meditations of Vol. 1 (I think your guest visitor said) because that will teach you how to focus, focus, focus, with different parts of your luminous being, to use Castaneda's lingo (which I happen to like a lot because it's practical and handy in teaching Taoist arts).

Glad you got the booster shot of instruction from the GM.

Best,

Sifu Terry

P.S. In case you are wondering how GM Doo Wai or

other high masters of meditation can "visit" someone through the meditative state or the dreamstate, all that's needed is what alchemists and spiritualists call a point of contact. And there are many, many different types of points of contact, including persons who associate with the person to be contacted or visited...it all depends on the personal power (meditative focus and spiritual endowment and alliances) of the skryer.

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Well thank you for your insight Sifu Terry, I appreciate it and I have commenced those 3 in full as of yesterday, finally have them thoroughly learned. I did indeed take that as a sign as to what I should do because I was going through a back and forth thing in my mind with a few practices and then that came along and really simplified things. I am indeed a warrior at heart, seeking the most powerful things I can find to bring myself to the next level, for now as a healer and later on as a warrior, so I can understand what your talking about there. What threw me off is actually two things, one is that I had no idea GM Doo Wai was that powerful and two is that I don't know why he'd see fit to give directions to a rank amateur like myself, but I do appreciate his help immensely and am greatful he helped me sort out my thoughts when I was so confused as to what my path should be, I will say that much and if theres anymore that he wishes to impart to me in the future I'm all for it. ^_^

Warmest Regards,

Shen

Edited by Shen555

So interesting practice last night...it was a full moon and so I though what a fun way to practice MGAM under the full moon. I went out into the moonlight, faced the moon, and began the breathing. After about 8 min. or so I started to look at how my fingers faced each other...what the hand position looked like and how the moonlight reflected off my hands. Then I started to notice what looked like a really light mist rising up from the space between my hands. Then I noticed it lightly swirling around my arms and head. A super light mist. Nothing I felt physically, and nothing weird or freaky...just kinda like when you look just above the water in a hot tub and see the steam over the top. I finished my meditation at about the 15 min. mark and came in for bed.

Anyway, it was kinda neat. Nothing I was looking for but then there it was. Has anyone had this happen before? I couldn't tell if it was my energy or something hanging out. I figure it was my energy since I noticed it rising from my hands and then out and around, but IDK about this kind of thing.

Try it if you can though! MGM under the full moon :D

Then I started to notice what looked like a really light mist rising up from the space between my hands. Then I noticed it lightly swirling around my arms and head. A super light mist. Nothing I felt physically, and nothing weird or freaky...just kinda like when you look just above the water in a hot tub and see the steam over the top.

since you bring this up Junbao, i want to know how many other people see the outline of their hands through their eyelids when doing Bending the Bow.

The Burning Palm uses the elemental forces (Sun and moon) during its meditations, Sifu Christer also made a clip explaining this last year but took it down. We use sun and moon energy!

I dont think FP uses the Moon persa but the same name as us Monk viewing the moon as the FP is done at anytime, maybe Sifu Terry can share more for you?

Sifu Garry

Dear Sifu Terry,

Thank you very much for shedding light on BTB pratice.

I learned the moving meditations of vol 2 but jumped over them too, as well as the sitting meditations, and will incorporate them to my practice, I guess it wil take more than a couple of years to master them , and each exercise is really a treasure. I became aware of my "dream body" stuff a with FPCK, and am in the very beginning process of trying to get familiar with this realm,with the side effect of an energized, healthy body. Unfortunately, I don"t know how to bottle up virility effect too, so I guess I will remain poor but at least and at last- I have something to play with thanks to BTB :)

Counting my breaths does not work for me , my breathing gets very subtle and faint as in deep meditation,and counting distracts me. Anyhow, I am doing 9 reps in 25-30 minutes, so I guess my pace is OK, and now that I know we can take some resting breaths in between the sets, I will reach 18 in a short period. Will try the extra slow version also.

I (mis?)understand that the sitting meditations are designed to energize the upper dan tien, are there any standing exercises in the series which might have somewhat similar effects and sort of cover them in the long run ?

Thanks again,

Cihan

Cihan -

Great post on your experience doing the FP Long Standing form for a year, then going back to BTB and finding it to be very powerful.

About 6 month ago, I had a similar experience with the FP Seated Meditations. I had gone for over a month doing only the Advance Seated, not the Basic Seated. Then, one Saturday morning I got up and did all 6 of the Basic Seated and I was amazed at the amount of energy generated!

I told myself I had really been missing out by not doing the basic Seated as well as the Advanced.

Regarding the FP system, I recall Sifu Terry once saying, "you might find the basic meditations are not so basic".

Looks like we can both attest to the truth of that. Again, great observation.

Fu_dog

Thank you Fu_dog,

Best of wishes

Cihan

Yay...just finished learning the standing long form tonight :-)

I'm really excited to see how the practice of this one goes. I plan on doing this along with the 3 seated Monk Serves Wine meds.

I know a few of you have learned the long form. Would anyone like to share their experiences with this one? Perhaps how often and what time of day?

I'll be sure to post back with how it goes for me. I plan to do this one at least once per day, two at the most though.

Thanks all!

Yay...just finished learning the standing long form tonight :-)

I'm really excited to see how the practice of this one goes. I plan on doing this along with the 3 seated Monk Serves Wine meds.

I know a few of you have learned the long form. Would anyone like to share their experiences with this one? Perhaps how often and what time of day?

I'll be sure to post back with how it goes for me. I plan to do this one at least once per day, two at the most though.

Thanks all!

Hi Junbao,

Congrats on learning the Long Standing Meditation. Just do it as slowly, evenly, and as relaxedly as you can. Curiosity is part of your anticipation of the effects of the FLHHCM practice; but don't worry too much about other people's experiences with the Long Standing yet. Have your own experience of that meditation first, and discover your own unique truth through it. Then comparing notes with others will be far more interesting.

Of course, getting technical pointers about doing the Long Standing Med from other practitioners would be helpful. I recall Audiohealing and Ridingtheox have posted some of their experiences about what practicing the advanced Long Form Meditation did for them.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear

Dear Sifu Terry,

First let me thank me you for responding to my previous post in such a blunt way which actually made me read the thread from beginning to end(which took a few days) and made me reflect on myself.

However I no way ever intended(and never will) to change the FPCH system in any way.So when I practice I will do exactly do so as it's on the DVD's.I am still young and immature but I am sure as hell am not as dump to want modify 8000 year old cultivation practice.My feeling when I first tried vol 1 was actually that this couldn't have been invented by a human being and that I shouldn't mess with it.

Ok,so I have one question for you.

In a previous post you talked about buddhist meditaion on inner fire(tummo) and since my daily practice includes this I want to know if I can practice the 2 safely together.

I haven't been doing FP for a while but this thread has me made wanting to retry it.

Sifu Garry,

I want to apologize to you because my post before may have been a little arrogant,I was in rather upset mood when I wrote it.

Then I want to ask about your Omei bak mei kungfu DVDs.The thing is that I have wanted to start a martial art for some time now and my question is will a beginner like me be able to do the forms correctly just from the DVD without a live teacher.

Also Sifu Terry said that one shouln't begin learning FP together with annother internal sytem at the same time but that you could start practing a martial art at the same time as you start FP practice so am I correct in thinking that I could without problems start learning the Omei bak mei kungfu at the same time as the FP as long as I only practice the kungfu and NOT the neigung form until the FP practice has been well etablished(one year?)

Thanks,

Josama

Dear Sifu Terry,

First let me thank me you for responding to my previous post in such a blunt way which actually made me read the thread from beginning to end(which took a few days) and made me reflect on myself.

However I no way ever intended(and never will) to change the FPCH system in any way.So when I practice I will do exactly do so as it's on the DVD's.I am still young and immature but I am sure as hell am not as dump to want modify 8000 year old cultivation practice.My feeling when I first tried vol 1 was actually that this couldn't have been invented by a human being and that I shouldn't mess with it.

Ok,so I have one question for you.

In a previous post you talked about buddhist meditaion on inner fire(tummo) and since my daily practice includes this I want to know if I can practice the 2 safely together.

I haven't been doing FP for a while but this thread has me made wanting to retry it.

Sifu Garry,

I want to apologize to you because my post before may have been a little arrogant,I was in rather upset mood when I wrote it.

Then I want to ask about your Omei bak mei kungfu DVDs.The thing is that I have wanted to start a martial art for some time now and my question is will a beginner like me be able to do the forms correctly just from the DVD without a live teacher.

Also Sifu Terry said that one shouln't begin learning FP together with annother internal sytem at the same time but that you could start practing a martial art at the same time as you start FP practice so am I correct in thinking that I could without problems start learning the Omei bak mei kungfu at the same time as the FP as long as I only practice the kungfu and NOT the neigung form until the FP practice has been well etablished(one year?)

Thanks,

Josama

Hello Josama,

Answer to your question: I actually don't recall where in the thread I discussed "Buddhist meditation on inner fire" that you call "tummo"". I'm not familiar with this method or system. Please refer me to the page and section of this thread if my memory serves me wrong. Or tell me about it and from whom you learned it.

But if this is your daily practice that you've been doing for a while, I don't see how Flying Phoenix Qigong can be detrimental in anyway. It should complement and enhance whatever form of meditation you are doing.

**I will answer for Sifu Garry Hearfield until he answers you:

(a) Again, I strongly discourage learning the FP Qigong system while you are learning another new Qigong system outside of the Bok Fu Pai (White Tiger/Doo Wai family) umbrella.

( B) But it is perfectly OK to learn Flying Phoenix Qigong while you are learning Omei Bak Mei from Sifu Garry or Sifu Garry's DVD's. Sifu Garry learned the Omei Bak Mei in its entirely without learning the FP Qigong. Since both are under the wide "umbrella" of GM Doo Wai's White Tiger system (even though Omei Bak Mei is not Bok Fu Pai), you should be able to practice both at the same time.[/b]

I will defer to Sifu Garry Hearfield to refine, correct, or modify my opinion with regards to learning Flying Phoenix Qigong at the same time that one is learning the Burning Palm system.

Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear

Hi Sihing,

Trying to catch up on the posting here!! :)

In Burning Palm 108 breaths is our "Key" for holding positions but in the beginning students cannot hold for that long especially when starting so anywhere in between and try and get to 108 without effort as you progress. Progression is the key but from the heart! If you do less that what is said either BP or FP as long as you are in the zone you will get results, remember the 108 is a high number and should only be tried once a student gets better. Trying for 108 breaths without building the energy in the said postures will only stiffen the body and make the mind wonder and lose the zone. My advice is slow and steady wins the race and the practice that one does has to be personal not because its the FAD at the moment. I believe the art chooses the person not the person chooses the art! Thats why so many trial different things and are never content!!!

Be safe!

Sifu Garry

Hi Sihing Garry,

I just surfaced from almost 3 weeks of a major move of my home and office. It's now complete and I'm settled into both new locations and just getting back to reviewing this thread and answering any unanswered questions.

Thank you so much for your excellent perspective on 108 breaths.

In the Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Chi Meditation system by Feng Tao Teh, I think that all practitioners will agree that the breath control sequences of the stationary exercises such as Monk Gazing At Moon, Monk Holding Pearl, and Monk Holding Peach are so sublime and "softening" that they enable the practitioner to easily hold each posture for 40, 50 or 60 deep breathes from the very start of their practice, and that some can probably hold these postures for 108 breathes and beyond--depending on their experience in internal martial arts or Chinese meditative arts. -- and this is relative to a practice such as holding a Wuchi posture without any breathing fornula or method (beyond deep, natal breathing).

The Flying Phoenix Qigong breathing formulas make holding postures very easy. But then again, I started practicing the FP Qigong in 1991 when I had about 17 years of Kung Fu and 11 years of Tai Chi Chuan training under my belt. So absolute beginners starting FP Qigong might encounter much more bodily tension and ultimately experience more release through the FP practice.

And I would very much agree with you, Sifu Garry: Start slow--let's say, with 30-40 deep breathes per standing (3-4 minutes). If you notice the body stiffening, count yourself out of the meditation with 3 deep breathes. Or, if you are certain that you are in the correct posture, students can work through the tension by staying in the meditation and continuing to focus on deeper relaxation and deeper breathing.

OR--the most efficient way to deal with tension and stiffening is to switch to the moving FP meditations such as Bending the Bows, Wind Through Treetops, Wind Above the Clouds, Moonbeam Splashes on Water, or the Long Flying Phoenix standing mediation in vol. 4 of the series.

Be self-aware and alert to creating tension. But if one just followed the FP Qigong training as presented on Volume 1 and 2, I am most confident that 95% of practitioners will experience profound relaxation and relatively fast energization. Again, I say to all practitioners and folks contemplating the FP practice: Just Do It.

Best,

Sihing Terry

Edited by zen-bear

Speaking of a system choosing you, I had a dream a few nights ago where I met with GM Doo Wai and he told me to learn the first 3 meditations. I have since been doing just that and feeling much better, but that dream still struck me as kind of odd. What do you guys think? Am I going nuts here or what? I'll also add the sitting ones as Sifu Terry has suggested as soon as I can. ^_^

Warmest Regards,

Shen

Hello Shen,

I'm not sure if I had answered your posting when you first submitted it, but in case i didn't, here's my response:

No, you're not going nuts.

In line with what Sifu Garry said:

Congratulations! You were picked to receive a little extra guidance by GM Doo Wai himself.

...for you can be sure that GM Doo Wai has read part of this thread.

Regardless of his physical health, GM Doo Wai has the meditative level to "read" any practitioner of the Flying Phoenix system because it is one of HIS psychic channels, especially if you are doing the FP Qigong in the order that they are presented in the DVD series. Back in the 1990's when i was training extensively with him, one other classmate and I would receive visitations by GM Doo Wai through dreamstate.

Take the information that you received at face value and use it,appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear

Cihan -

Great post on your experience doing the FP Long Standing form for a year, then going back to BTB and finding it to be very powerful.

About 6 month ago, I had a similar experience with the FP Seated Meditations. I had gone for over a month doing only the Advance Seated, not the Basic Seated. Then, one Saturday morning I got up and did all 6 of the Basic Seated and I was amazed at the amount of energy generated!

I told myself I had really been missing out by not doing the basic Seated as well as the Advanced.

Regarding the FP system, I recall Sifu Terry once saying, "you might find the basic meditations are not so basic".

Looks like we can both attest to the truth of that. Again, great observation.

Fu_dog

Hi Lloyd,

Just catching up with your post very late due to overwhelming work schedule.

It's great that you went back and discovered the cumulative effects of the six basic seated FP Qigong meditations.

As I said from the very start of this thread, all of one's Flying Phoenix mediative effects--and I mean ALL--not just energy, but also mental development, and mind-body integration, spiritual calibration--are cumulative.

My suggestion for you after you complete your 100 days of Flying Phoenix practice--if you can make the time, of course: Take your favorite intermediate or advanced standing moving FP Meditation (in Vol. 3 or vol. 4), and do it or them on a daily basis for 100 days. If short on time,you can let go of some or all of the standing stationery FP meditations in Volume 1. Just do Moonbeam Splashes or the Vol.4 Long Form Meditation for 100 days. Then periodically, go back and do the basic standing FP Meditations of Vol.1 or the short 90-second standing meditations of Volume 5 and see how they feel. If you can continue with some of the seated Monk Serves Wine meditations, while you are doing this 100 days, all the better. See how this goes.

Best,

Sifu Terry

P.S. Regarding the not-so-basic Basic Seated Meditations: this past week and throughout the Thanksgiving weekend, I have been privately teaching a 57-year old physician and her 88-year old mother the three preparatory seated meditations in Vol. 2 and the first Monk Serves Wine meditation with breathe sequence 90 50 40 30 10. Yesterday we practiced these 3 preparatory meditations and the MSW meditation for 50 minutes total. The very hard working physician felt relaxed all day and said she then slept more deeply and soundly than at any other time that she could remember. Her mother immediately following the MSW meditation said that her vision sharper. She also stayed more alert and active all day, and retired at 11 p.m.--three hours later than her normal time to sleep.

Edited by zen-bear

Fellow Tao Bums -

This month makes the two year mark in my practice of Flying Phoenix Qigong. I would like to provide my thoughts at this point in my practice.

For some background, I am a businessman, mid-50's, work too many hours per week, travel often and so I write this as a practitioner only.

First, know that I am on day 72 of a 100 consecutive day practice of Flying Phoenix. This 100 day practice is a challenge considering my schedule, however, at this point I have built Flying Phoenix into my daily schedule and it has become part of my routine. This does take planning and sacrifice, and you have to go through this proving to yourself that you can do it. There are things that must be given up in order to reach the 100 days of practice successfully. For me, the 100 day practice is equally an exercise in discipline as it is in Flying Phoenix. If you’ve never tried a 100 day practice, I recommend you give it a go. You will learn a lot about yourself, and as Sifu Garry says, “slow and steady wins the race.”

About FP

FP manipulates and refines a subtle form of qi. It is dynamic in that practicing FP allows the practitioner to feel both its gentleness and its power at the same time.

Each exercise-meditation begins with a breath control sequence followed by a series of smooth, gentle movements, although some of the basic FP meditations are static without movements. After the initial breath sequence, one can forget about breath and simply do movements. In other words, movements are not tied to breath.

The gentleness of the movements and the fact that no single movement is repeated in a sequence (though sequences are repeated) in a single exercise makes this style of qigong more meditative than other forms of qigong which marry movements to breath. In fact, FP is what I would consider true “moving meditation”. The mind will naturally wander during the practice of a FP meditation, however, when this happens if the practitioner gently brings the mind back to the movements, so that your only focus is the movements, then the practice can become a meditation.

Benefits and Observations Regarding Flying Phoenix Qigong

Below are my observations as a result of the practice:

- Increased energy and vitality (libido)

- Improved condition of the skin (looks more healthy, smoother, younger)

- Fewer colds and respiratory illnesses with short duration

- Reduced stress levels

- Better sleep

- Better concentration

- Gray hair returns to original color with some of the meditations (not all in my case since I started with quite a bit of gray, but a tangible amount did return to the original color)

- Increased spiritual development

- While doing the meditations, slower is better...as slow as “a shifting sand dune”

- Often while doing the meditations, the hair on my arm feels as if its standing on end

- The results are indeed cumulative, in about every way conceivable

- There are other benefits as well, however, the above are enough to list at this point

Final Observations

Flying Phoenix is a subtle, yet power form of qigong that has strong, tangible benefits. It is a significant component of my overall development towards physical, energetic and spiritual well being. I have incorporated the practice in my daily routine with great benefits, and to my mind, FP is a qigong for life.

For those on the path, wishing you good luck and good practice.

Fu dog

Edited by Fu_dog
  • Like 3

thats awesome stuff!! how long do you practice daily? thanks for sharing!

Cool... Congrats on the post and keeping the 100 day schedule.

My first Kung Fu teacher, you probably know who it is on Goldenrod road in Orlando, in the early 80s would say, "there's no day off for Kungfu". Meaning, when you are working to transform your body/mind you do not take a day off. Hence the Kung or in pinyin "Gong" of Kung fu. A gong, in Qigong, or Gongfu is something you work at every day like adding a grain of sand to create a small pile and more and more. After a lifetime you have a large pile, thus results.

To add some contrast, a practioner I know works his schedule around his Gongfu/Qigong, putting that first and work second. He has developed incredible changes through his practice. Would be hard to post here in words to describe it. In short, this stuff is golden and can bring you back through a portal and transform you to feel better than you ever had before.

Best

• Like 1

Very cool to hear.

Just wanted to give a thanks to Terry Dunn for sharing his expertise as well.

FPQG is truly a gem.

• Like 1

Josma,

Sorry I missed your questions...lol

The Bak Mei DVD and the hand forms can be learned whilst doing any other systems Internal cultivation, what Sifu Terry is trying to say is if you gonna do Qi Kung or FP, get that systems energetics down 1st before trying or adding others. I myself learnt the Bak Mei from GMDW including the Nei Gong & Hei Gong, after that I was chose to develop the rare Burning Palm Skills of the Doo Family. I do know that Sifu Terry was chosen like myself to master his FP Art the same way and GMDW always would appraise Sifu Terry for FP system. I myself didnt get into FP as my love was for Bak Mei and BP amongst other rare little systems I picked up from GMDW.

I am also a closed door disciple of my main teacher of Yau Kung Mun and later becoming a closed door disciple of the Hun Yuan Yi Qi Zhang system. If you chose Bak mei and added the FP without doing the Bak Mei internal that is fine but the Bak Mei also has a complete internal system called Tin Gong Ba Fa, 8 methods of Divine force which is kind of defeats the purpose of doing something else or adding something else? It all come down to are you Content in what you want to train?

I hope i answered your questions correctly, I do nightshifts so pretty tired!!!

Sifu Garry

Josma,

Sorry I missed your questions...lol

The Bak Mei DVD and the hand forms can be learned whilst doing any other systems Internal cultivation, what Sifu Terry is trying to say is if you gonna do Qi Kung or FP, get that systems energetics down 1st before trying or adding others. I myself learnt the Bak Mei from GMDW including the Nei Gong & Hei Gong, after that I was chose to develop the rare Burning Palm Skills of the Doo Family. I do know that Sifu Terry was chosen like myself to master his FP Art the same way and GMDW always would appraise Sifu Terry for FP system. I myself didnt get into FP as my love was for Bak Mei and BP amongst other rare little systems I picked up from GMDW.

I am also a closed door disciple of my main teacher of Yau Kung Mun and later becoming a closed door disciple of the Hun Yuan Yi Qi Zhang system. If you chose Bak mei and added the FP without doing the Bak Mei internal that is fine but the Bak Mei also has a complete internal system called Tin Gong Ba Fa, 8 methods of Divine force which is kind of defeats the purpose of doing something else or adding something else? It all come down to are you Content in what you want to train?

I hope i answered your questions correctly, I do nightshifts so pretty tired!!!

Sifu Garry

Sihing Garry,

Thank you once again for your very helpful perspective. Yes, GM Doo Wai's Omei Bak Mei has its own internal system and is a complete internal martial art. It is a tough life-long challenge and rare accomplishment for any student to learn a complete internal martial art such as Bak Mei. Thus I would agree with you on the point that one should focus on learning a complete martial art...and then learn Flying Phoenix as a separate healing Qigong system; or learn Flying Phoenix Qigong first, and then embark on learning Omei Bak Mei or Burning Palm. But if one is smart enough and has the time to learn both Omei Bak Mei with its internal system and the Flying Phoenix Qigong, then that would be a very substantial accomplishment.

Again, for all readers of this thread: Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Chi Meditations is purely a medical/healing Qigong with a very distinct, spiritually transformative flavor, as reflected in its Chinese name. Its energy cannot be used for martial purposes. As Fu-dog just nicely summarized at day 72 of his 100 day practice, FPQ is a most subtle, sublime and yet powerful and fast-acting healthful, self-healing practice. As such, FP Qigong if practiced regularly and correctly will provide an excellent health "safety net" or insurance for anyone training in an internal martial art like Bak Mei or Burning Palm.

Best,

Sihing Terry

Anamatva - one should practice Flying Phoenix a minimum of 30 minutes per day, though you want to do more than the minimum if possible. One hour per day is preferred. Include both standing and seated meditations into your daily routine. Sifu Terry discussed this earlier in this thread. Practice on a schedule like that consistently and you will experience very good results quickly.

Baguakid - yah, I know that Kung fu master on Goldenrod very well...practiced at the Temple there in the early to mid 1990's. I maintain great respect for him and what he's accomplished. And, I still see him on Chinese New Year as his school does their Lion Dance. :)

I like your story of the guy who put his kung fu/qigong first, work second (someone immediately comes to mind who lives in Orlando) and achieved pretty spectacular results. That said, for me unfortunately that wasn't an option though I have a great respect for those that follow this path.

But to your point: Jou, Tsung Hwa's books are inspiring because he's one that morphed for a work first person to a Tai Chi/Qigong first person later in his life, with really outstanding results.

All the best,

Fu dog

Edited by Fu_dog

Baguakid - yah, I know that Kung fu master on Goldenrod very well...practiced at the Temple there in the early to mid 1990's. I maintain great respect for him and what he's accomplished. And, I still see him on Chinese New Year as his school does their Lion Dance. :)

I like your story of the guy who put his kung fu/qigong first, work second (someone immediately comes to mind who lives in Orlando) and achieved pretty spectacular results. That said, for me unfortunately that wasn't an option though I have a great respect for those that follow this path.

Fu dog

Hey Fudog, not to hijack this thread but we're probably talking about the same guy (TT). I've yet to purchase the FP Qigong vids on DVD.. hope to try it soon.

Thanks!

I've had so many dang hiccups in life along with so many great aspects in the last six months; which in all result in starting back with DVD ONE STANDING MEDITATIONS.

Yup! I am slow... :wacko:

Prior to realising I was not going to farm in Taiwan as I hoped (still working on that miss somamech lol) I mixed one thing I learnt in Yoga whilst doing bending the bows.

"Put your mind in the body and let it rest"

It was a teacher from the Yogendra system who said the above whilst we learnt. By combining that very thought whilst doing the Basic Standing Meditations in FP (Bending the Bows in sequence with the whole DVD) that the above thought whilst practising made for me the FP more profound.

:blush:

For anyone reading this please note that these are only my own personal experiences from a beginner's perspective. :)