Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

According to GMDW he would have to sit and watch and listen as well document his father / grandfather breathing and using the caucasian percentage method to help him better understand it so he could do it better himself or you would have to sit and watch / listen to Sifu Terry breathing.

I cannot remember the type of Yoga name right now I think Ramayana (if thats a yoga system) it has breath percentage breathing too, the name maybe wrong but I did some research many many years ago starting my Burning Palm and found it to be similar to what the Bak Fu Pai or GMDW was teaching.

Regards

Sifu Garry

Just wondering if anyone here has tried mixing this with KAP?

Also,could one get sideeffects if the body's meridians aren't open to some degree to handle the higher energy?

I like the FP's Empahsis on the Tan Tien + the powerful clearing of shoulders,neck and chest where I have some though blockages,That's all.

Sorry like you figured I am still pretty new to this so why don't you clear me up?

Should one fully open the MCO before doing any of these practises so the higher energy can be handled?

I don't see why any internal mind/chi circualation shouldn't be mixed with external movement/chi circulation.

But if you know please tell me,I really wanna know.

Thx,

Josama

Edited by Josama

Why does everyone here have to or want to try and mix practices, When half of you havent even trained long enough in one of the arts anyway? :wacko:

1.Most of people don't train with a sifu: they buy DVD and books. They don't know/like what the student/teacher relationship involves: trust, perseverance, and filial feeling.

2.We live in consumerism which is commonly confused with freedom to dabble into different things and make their own soup looking for the best higher teachings while they are still in kindergarten.

Edited by bubbles

Hi Josama,

Perhaps you have already done it: go to Mr Dunn website My link

and have a look at the descriptions given for each DVD. Some explanations are given about the qi circulation each part of the system triggers.

Since I don't know KAP, I can't answer completely your question.

Hope it helps a bit.

Edited by bubbles

Who said that FP wouldnt open the MCO and maybe the MCO has nothing to do with FP, but let me say ive seen my teacher do many amazing things and he never once said that you need to open the MCO to do what he showed. The breath percentage is to bypass many of the things that nei gong is said to do just my 2 cents!

My problem is you will take Sifu Dunns FP and totally water it down and next there will be FP KAP Qi Kung, people have no respect and think they know better than the teacher/s about the art they want to learn but have no idea about. Just my concern do what you want to do, free country but maybe keep your KAP and FP separate but train both? :rolleyes:

I think you got me wrong warrior,I wanted to know if it's alright to do FP in the morning and KAP later in the day or vice versa,I don't plan to mix them Up they are still 2 seperate systems.

@Friend:exercising them seperate in different times the same day.

Edited by Josama

Does anyone have any theories for a physiological method of action for the breath control sequence? My best guess is that the different-sized inhales/exhales plays with heart-rate and oxygen consumption, but I have no idea how it would prime/redirect chi and if it did, how?

If this is a closely guarded secret then I totally respect that but if it isn't it would be great if Sifu Terry could chime in on this.

Add "lifting the sky" as well- I'd like to know if it's safe to mix with FP as an ancillary practice.

I think you got me wrong warrior,I wanted to know if it's alright to do FP in the morning and KAP later in the day or vice versa,I don't plan to mix them Up they are still 2 seperate systems.

@Friend:exercising them seperate in different times the same day.

The mixture or oxygen and carbon dioxide triggers and unlocks certain energy centres in the body, especially the brain!

Just like deep abdominal breathing cultivates the dan tian....hope that helps?

Edited by Warrior Body Buddha Mind

That question maybe the mystery, remember that Daoist and many cultures learnt and imitated many animals, insects etc. For instance the Tortoise in chinese Daoism is revered for its longevity and special breathing skills, of holding the breath for a very long time. And there is a practice of holding the breath for a period of time called tortoise breathing that is said to give immortality, so the breath percentages comes from ancient sages and masters that where into this stuff!

Perhaps a very heightened 6th sense-like sensitivity to one's own central/peripheral nervous system. If one could consciously redirect energy with breath control and have some sort of feedback mechanism (which most do not) then it would be easy to know just how to do it.

If anyone read my older post I mention to know YOUR body, and lung capacity which contains FULL BODY AWARENESS! All your questions will be answered through TRAINING and meditation when doing FP or Burning Palm or whatever you are learning. Most people want the fast lane and expect things straight away when they havent even understood the most important thing " THEMSELVES"! ;)