effilang

Orgasms and Cultivation

I've heard about the "100" days of retention in most teachings.

Is this to help generate more Chi faster in the LDT and open the MCO?

How does physical ejaculation effect energy levels while opening the orbit and after the orbit has been opened?

- Will your progress decrease significantly if you physically release?

To what point does one have to get in regular cultivation where having a normal sex life does not reduce efforts?

Can one have a normal 21-century-girlfriend-want's-to-sex-ur-brains-out-every-day life and still manage to attain results such as opening the MCO and more advanced alchemy?

I am going on two weeks now and have no problem, i never really have, but it makes me wonder. I like sex and well, ejaculating for most normally functional guys is a normal thing.

I haven't reached the point where i can quantifiably sense how much energy is in me, that i can determine how much Qi i lose during ejaculation. I would really appreciate some insight from the more experienced of us.

Thank you ^_^

Edited by effilang

I'd get Mantak Chia's first book "Awakening the Healing Energy of the Tao" since it's all just on the microcosmic orbit and the energy experiences from the perspective of the students. Mantak Chia recommends no ejaculation for the 100 day training. The book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" trans. by Charles Luk is the most intense on retaining sexual energy in order to create the "rainbow body." It depends on if you are practicing dual cultivation which is pretty much unavoidable since you're not in a remote seclusion. So as Taoist Yoga states you can rebuild your sexual energy through food as well, along with retention. Gurdjieff covers this as well in Ouspensky's "In Search of the Miraculous" - that how much sex is allowed depends on your prenatal jing energy -- some guys have to retain totally while others can get away from some loss of semen. Real tantra or dual cultivation is the energy exchange without physical contact -- through just jing and chi -- and is a later development, but mainly just keeps the practice for maintaining health, instead of achieving longevity and immortality. Mantak Chia focuses on dual cultivation through physical stimulation so if you got a girlfriend he's probably the way to go for further info.

How does physical ejaculation effect energy levels while opening the orbit and after the orbit has been opened?

To what point does one have to get in regular cultivation where having a normal sex life does not reduce efforts?

Can one have a normal 21-century-girlfriend-want's-to-sex-ur-brains-out-every-day life and still manage to attain results such as opening the MCO and more advanced alchemy?

I am going on two weeks now and have no problem, i never really have, but it makes me wonder. I like sex and well, ejaculating for most normally functional guys is a normal things.

I haven't reached the point where i can quantifiably sense how much energy is in me that i can determine how much Qi i lose during ejaculation. I would really appreciate some insight from the more experienced of us.

Thank you ^_^

The biggest problem i've had with dual cultivation is the girl thinking that if you don't ejaculate you're not satisfied. It's a lot harder to not ejaculate if she wants you to as she creates an upward draw of energy, some chics just don't seem to get this at all.

However, if you have a woman who is down with seminal retention, or at least open to the idea, in my experience they are curious/excited/impressed by ability to internal orgasm - basically it's a lot easier if they are working with you.

Re the purpose, yes LDT and MCO cultivation, and a stabilisation of the energy body IMO. Also, it helps you to get over the ejaculation addiction, particularly if after 100 days you then ejaculate (especially if you've not drawn the chi from your sperm) you'll really notice the difference and you'll really want to keep your little swimmers inside.

I am going on two weeks now and have no problem, i never really have, but it makes me wonder. I like sex and well, ejaculating for most normally functional guys is a normal things.

I haven't reached the point where i can quantifiably sense how much energy is in me that i can determine how much Qi i lose during ejaculation. I would really appreciate some insight from the more experienced of us.

It's to build up a critical mass of qi in the dantian, which will then naturally open the MCO.

According to Taoist Yoga, this happens by converting your prenatal jing to prenatal yang qi. But if you have sexual thoughts, your prenatal jing will convert to postnatal jing and seek to drain out. So, you may have already gone down the wrong fork of the road at this point...even if you retain. Or at least, that's my foggy understanding of it so far...

No, extended celibacy is not easy. Nor is meditating for hours daily, for months on end. Yes, this involves sacrifice and a lot of disciplined perseverance. You basically have to desire liberation like a drowning man gasping for air! Or else, your motivation will simply not be enough to put yourself through such extreme paces. I think you have to push yourself and your life to the breaking point...to make a breakthrough. Which is all why 99.99% of people out there don't even seriously try, or try and fail. If it was that easy - many, many more people would have already attained such things...

I mean, I'd do whatever you can now and don't beat yourself over it. But, I think when you're lonely and single is really the best time to undertake this process. When you have much more free time, and much less temptation! :lol:

Taoist Yoga states that if you do have sexual thoughts then you have to MAKE SURE TO MEDITATE ENOUGH TO CONVERT THE JING BACK TO CHI or else you'll have nocturnal emission. As Taoist Yoga is focused on longevity and immortality the more you store chi in the lower tan tien the greater the risk of it deconverting back to jing and then to generative fluid during sleep. Also keep in mind that in traditional Chinese culture there was much less interaction between males who wanted to keep away from females -- so females were not supposed to flirt with men in public unless they were prostitutes -- by flirting that means even speaking in public! The voice is the JING energy so the female voice deconverts the chi to jing -- unless you know the secret of dual cultivation.

It's to build up a critical mass of qi in the dantian, which will then naturally open the MCO.

According to Taoist Yoga, this happens by converting your prenatal jing to prenatal yang qi. But if you have sexual thoughts, your prenatal jing will convert to postnatal jing and seek to drain out. So, you may have already gone down the wrong fork of the road at this point...even if you retain. Or at least, that's my foggy understanding of it so far...

No, extended celibacy is not easy. Nor is meditating for hours daily, for months on end. Yes, this involves sacrifice and a lot of disciplined perseverance. You basically have to desire liberation like a drowning man gasping for air! Or else, your motivation will simply not be enough to put yourself through such extreme paces. I think you have to push yourself and your life to the breaking point...to make a breakthrough. Which is all why 99.99% of people out there don't even seriously try, or try and fail. If it was that easy - many, many more people would have already attained such things...

I mean, I'd do whatever you can now and don't beat yourself over it. But, I think when you're lonely and single is really the best time to undertake this process. When you have much more free time, and much less temptation! :lol:

• Like 1

Greetings..

Sexual activity without ejaculation takes some discipline, but.. 12 years later, the benefits are so well worth it.

My first go at 'iron palm' training failed because i couldn't retain for "3 moons" (3 months).. i sought proper training and 'intended' the appropriate result.. now, it's not even an issue, and.. your significant other will appreciate the stamina.. Once you learn 'retention', then you can begin cultivation and transmutation.. then, you can link, entrain, and dramatically expand the energies normally lost during mundane 'lovemaking'.. ultimately, you can use these energies and their potentials in every aspect of Life.. imagine the creative potential when it manifests as a controlled orgasm.. music, art, writing, mowing the yard, cleaning the house, anything 'can' have the power and effect of a full orgasm.. guys, imagine your orgasms lasting 10, 20, or 30 minutes AND, having as many as you choose as often as you choose.. it's all very doable with discipline and 'retention'..

Be well..

Once you learn 'retention', then you can begin cultivation and transmutation.. then, you can link, entrain, and dramatically expand the energies normally lost during mundane 'lovemaking'.. ultimately, you can use these energies and their potentials in every aspect of Life.. imagine the creative potential when it manifests as a controlled orgasm.. music, art, writing, mowing the yard, cleaning the house, anything 'can' have the power and effect of a full orgasm.. guys, imagine your orgasms lasting 10, 20, or 30 minutes AND, having as many as you choose as often as you choose.. it's all very doable with discipline and 'retention'..

Be well..

Edited by ddilulo_06

Good stuff everyone!

*ductapes his penis...

Drew i've noticed what you mean about meditating after having sexual thoughts. The moment i do i can feel the sexual energy stirring up and when i meditate for a short while i can bring it all back to the LDT, otherwise i have no idea where it goes. I feel like it just gets wild and if i don't bring it back to LDT it disappears.

Could just be me, but thats how i feel it.

Also the further i am into retention, the easier i find it to negate sexual activity, arousal and sexual thoughts.

Does that make sense? - Things that would seemingly arouse me in most cases, just don't have the same effect anymore while i am holding out. I have to admit it feels good too.

Although yesterday, i was having a conversation and it got sexual. I didn't meditate afterwards because i was sleepy and this morning i had the Captain up early doing the "Reveille". It was almost like my penis was mocking me.. like "haha you, oh you, you thought you could outsmart me! - But u forgot didn't u, u forgot to meditate yesterday! I am still alive! Muahaha" :lol:

lol

So i definitely relate that to not meditating yesterday after stirring up all that sexual energy. I guess it had to come out of somewhere.

I've read Awakening Healing Energy so many times, oddly enough i started again last night!

I adore these books, because you can read them all your life. They are packed with so much information that can only truly be understood once you've reached certain levels. It's like you read a new book every time, because you understand it a little more every day.

Great stuff guys.

Thank you for the replies.

Edited by effilang

I started my 100-days two days ago, on the 14th.

We should work together, guys, and check in on our progress, to help hold eachother accountable.

We must first decide that it is a worthwhile goal. I have tried to start down this path before, then ended up failing because I told myself "It really isn't that worth it in the long run".

What seems to be obvious, though, is that Jing cultivation is worth it, even if just a little bit. And the difference between ordinary and extraordinary, is just that little extra. (From waiting, I know, but it's true, in all facettes of life).

Lets make it fun, guys, and walk down this path together.

My two cents, and bear in mind I'm a witch--if your girlfriend has the great good sense to desire your jing, you should give it to her. Of course refrain from ejaculation during masturbation! To everything there is a season, and at some point it's very likely that you will have 100 days of celibacy to practice in.

I think there is a way to cultivate while having sex. I know that when I had sex with Betty Dodson's boyfriend, that he told me he had been practicing some kind of sexual qigong thing? At any rate, he could send his sexual energy into me when he ejaculated, and it felt like a grenade going off inside me. Being able to transmute the energy, I pulled it up and gave it back to him through the heart chakra so that we could continue to have sex. He's the only man who outlasted me :lol: when he finally made me ejaculate. Then I was done in. :D

Greetings..

Beware of the 'White Tigress'.. google it if you really want to know..

Be well..

Why do you say that? It looks like it's just a sensual massage group... or something like that.

I can't imagine any of us were planning on dealing with them, so why do you say it?

Count me in for the 100 days... I've been wanting to do this for a while.

I'll be practicing Kunlun and RP.

I will start 1 week from today as my nervous system needs a break first.

What better way to recover than through pureness of action? Abstain, friend.

What are the physical benefits of the 100 days? Also towards witch...did the guy mention who he learned the sexual qigong from?

See previous posts, and search the forums, if you truly care to find an answer.

Greetings..

Hi John: Those are marketing uses of terms and processes the users no nothing of.. a littele more 'google' will reveal some interesting information, be diligent.. i cannot say much more, but.. the actual 'White Tigress' Society preys on males, sapping them of their Jing.. intentional and, due to their energetic training, quite harmful.. careful study and diligent awareness is necessary if you should encounter a classically trained White Tigress.. if you can match their skills and cunning ways, there is a wealth of wisdom available.. if not, it will take years to recover.. they are awesome to behold, moreso to encounter and remain intact..

Be well..

Greetings..

Hi John: Those are marketing uses of terms and processes the users no nothing of.. a littele more 'google' will reveal some interesting information, be diligent.. i cannot say much more, but.. the actual 'White Tigress' Society preys on males, sapping them of their Jing.. intentional and, due to their energetic training, quite harmful.. careful study and diligent awareness is necessary if you should encounter a classically trained White Tigress.. if you can match their skills and cunning ways, there is a wealth of wisdom available.. if not, it will take years to recover.. they are awesome to behold, moreso to encounter and remain intact..

Be well..

Can you send me a private message with pertinent information? I don't know what to look for on Google...

And what should I have to worry about? I'm just a guy in college with a girlfriend and a heavy course load. Could my girlfriend be a White Tigress? lol

I agree with jonny zen we should all encourage eachother with this and compare note's.

One of the thing's I have noticed from retention and meditating on the dan tian is an increase in energy where I am able to work harder,not get as tired,not have to eat as much.

The down side is an increase in emotion so if I lose my temper I really lose it and when I kick or hit thing's I seem to do much more damage than I normally would.

I put this down to the stored chi flying out of my feet and fist's in anger.

One time I hit a door ,it was made of hard board with a space in the middle between both side's,and both side's went through although my hand only went through one side,so my chi travelled onward.

sabretooth.

Greetings..

For starters.. combine Taoist 'Reverse Abdominable Breathing' and 'Kegel Exercises'.. be aware that the Qi, on the inhale cycle, will exit the DanTien and enter MCO through the Ming Men (Gate of Life), specifically, Chong Mai (Thrusting Vessel/Spinal Cord).. The 3 compressions (Diaphragm, Abdominals, and Floor musches/Kegels) push the Qi into the Ming Men and Chong Mai, the three compressions also draw-up the Jing and filter/purify it through the DanTien.. While the Water Path traditionally separates at the HuiYin, the Yi (mind) can lead the refined Jing through the Ming Men to the Thrusting Vessel/Water Path.. it rises up the spinal cord to the brain where is nourishes the Shen (spirit).. but, for starters, practice the Reverse Abdominal Breathing and Kegel exercises, this alone will yield noticable benefits. The Kegel Exercises will strengthen the Floor Muscles such that you can 'Lock the Perrinium', preventing external ejaculation.. you will have the same 'feeling' but, the Jing is recycled rather than lost..

Be well..

Greetings..

Do you contract the pc muscle on the inhale or the exhale?

On the inhale.. in Reverse Abdominal Breathing the diaphragm presses down toward the DanTien, the abdominals contract inward, and the PC muscles contract upward toward the DanTien.. the Ming Men opens as the pelvis tucks under and the sacrum drops.. On the exhale the PCs relax, the abdominals expand (as they would if you were blowing up a balloon) and the diaphragm pushes upward to push the air from the lungs.. this process also causes Qi to expand in the meridians and channels, resulting in Qi moving into the bones and marrows, and to move to skin, shielding.. this is often referred to as 'Taoist Breathing'..

Be well..

Sometimes, after having spent a day attempting to draw the Jing upwards, I can notice a sweet scent that I have never noticed before. It's a musky scent, how you would expect a masculine man to smell. It is a good scent. And I think that it is coming from my genital region.

Is this part of transmuting? Has anyone else experienced this? Is it just a sign that my energies are becoming more pure?

Or am I just imagining things :rolleyes:

Hi John Zen,

I've got the same feeling, even though I've noticed this scent after my kung fu lesson...

I didn't look up more information about it, and I don't know if it's because of transmutation from jing to shen, but could be - or at least a firt step to it ;)

Or maybe we just noticed smt that was already there... that's the point of meditation actually :P

Hi John Zen,

I've got the same feeling, even though I've noticed this scent after my kung fu lesson...

I didn't look up more information about it, and I don't know if it's because of transmutation from jing to shen, but could be - or at least a firt step to it ;)

Or maybe we just noticed smt that was already there... that's the point of meditation actually :P