Taomeow

The Moscow dragon

The back row, under the 2 of 2009, and the driver is the big guy next to you because WLP wanted to make a chauffeur that could handle any trouble. But my second guess is the second row left end.

Your firs pick would be my second guess, if one may have a second. And yes! this is so much fun :D

Count two men to the left of WLP, the girl in front of that guy with the big smile on her face .... tis you TaoMeow? Great Post by the way ... ; )

wlp2009mos.jpg

Well, so much for any "psychic" Taobums... :lol:

wlp2009m07.jpgwlp2009m03.jpg

Interesting, so was Qin Ling only teaching them to sit cross-legged (not lotus)?

wlp2009mos.jpg

Well, so much for any "psychic" Taobums... :lol:

wlp2009m07.jpgwlp2009m03.jpg

Interesting, so was Qin Ling only teaching them to sit cross-legged (not lotus)?

Qin Ling wasn't teaching, she was assisting.

You were supposed to sit in any cross-legged position in which you can sit without changing the position at all for two hours. If you could do it in full lotus, you were welcome to, but nobody could. By not moving at all I mean at all -- not a quarter of an inch -- and in complete silence, and no audible breathing, burping, yawning, blowing your nose should it start running, etc.. I asked about the full lotus -- yes, they said, if you can freeze the frame for two hours, that's the best. If not, do it at home, don't do it here, otherwise you switch your legs, you disturb everybody's unified energy. And me causing all the above-mentioned disturbances with my American ideas of freedom of blowing your nose (mine started running on top of involuntary yawning, a cleansing reaction) caught some heat from a couple energy-disturbed individuals for that, so I didn't dare do the lotus, just in case I can't pull it off for the whole practice. Complete immobility is hard...

Qin Ling wasn't teaching, she was assisting.

You were supposed to sit in any cross-legged position in which you can sit without changing the position at all for two hours. If you could do it in full lotus, you were welcome to, but nobody could. By not moving at all I mean at all -- not a quarter of an inch -- and in complete silence, and no audible breathing, burping, yawning, blowing your nose should it start running, etc.. I asked about the full lotus -- yes, they said, if you can freeze the frame for two hours, that's the best. If not, do it at home, don't do it here, otherwise you switch your legs, you disturb everybody's unified energy. And me causing all the above-mentioned disturbances with my American ideas of freedom of blowing your nose (mine started running on top of involuntary yawning, a cleansing reaction) caught some heat from a couple energy-disturbed individuals for that, so I didn't dare do the lotus, just in case I can't pull it off for the whole practice. Complete immobility is hard...

Damn, that's hardcore.. *yikes* :ninja:

Anyways, I just found this interesting cross-reference to regional dragons controlling rain:

Boy, I'll bet Bill Bodri would sure love to hear this story! Edited by vortex

I'll acknowledge that it could be psychosomatic due to having read about him before in "Dragon Gate", and on Taobums and elsewhere, but whenever I look at a picture of Wang Liping and try to feel his aura, I feel completely overwhelmed. :o

Edited by Enishi

:lol:

Someone needs to hook me up with the Canadian Dragon!!!!

Love,

Carson :D

:lol: i hear ya, i live on the west coast.

Damn, that's hardcore.. *yikes* :ninja:

Anyways, I just found this interesting cross-reference to regional dragons controlling rain:The "Dragon King," supposedly in charge of rain for a region

Boy, I'll bet Bill Bodri would sure love to hear this story!

Cool reference, thanks, Vortex!

WLP does long distance practice with his students three days of every month, everybody at the same time but using local time, and I don't know how it works out to align everyone's time in some no-time dimension? -- but I always know when the net is thrown... that's the best I can describe it -- a net of presence, like superstrings, like... like... you chase a black cat in a dark room who isn't there and suddenly YOU are there. The kind of you who can see the black cat... and what not. The kind of you who knows the black cat has ALWAYS been there. (I'm referring to the Dragon King article, the kami, the all kinds of beings, not invisible cats, of course... beings who are there only when you are... a different kind of you.)

So anyway, the last time I spaced out and forgot there's a practice scheduled, and was watching a movie on my computer. All of a sudden the sound disappeared, then the picture froze on a frame showing a newspaper article someone was reading with the headline "Panic!" -- so there's only this word "panic!" on my screen, and simultaneously three (!) firetrucks rushed by the window outside (on a quiet street where I'd never seen one), then a voice in my lower dantien said, loud and clear, "why oh why did you eat so much so late, where's room for qi now in your stomach, huh? huh?" -- and then boom -- superstrings! Yikes! And the clock jumps at me and glares the beginning of the practice time!

There was another thread today about "what happens during meditation" -- so -- here's what happens during a WLP meditation you were supposed to do but spaced out: guilt, remorse, and miracles!:lol:

Guest paul walter

So anyway, the last time I spaced out and forgot there's a practice scheduled, and was watching a movie on my computer. All of a sudden the sound disappeared, then the picture froze on a frame showing a newspaper article someone was reading with the headline "Panic!" -- so there's only this word "panic!" on my screen, and simultaneously three (!) firetrucks rushed by the window outside (on a quiet street where I'd never seen one), then a voice in my lower dantien said, loud and clear, "why oh why did you eat so much so late, where's room for qi now in your stomach, huh? huh?" -- and then boom -- superstrings! Yikes! And the clock jumps at me and glares the beginning of the practice time!

Now that would make a terrific scene from some Spielberg film based on some unwritten Philip K Dick story! Can only imagine what the next scene would be :o . What was the film you were watching-the original 'Day the Earth Stood Still'?, 'Invasion of the Body Snatchrs'? would be appropriate :lol: Paul.

Now that would make a terrific scene from some Spielberg film based on some unwritten Philip K Dick story! Can only imagine what the next scene would be :o . What was the film you were watching-the original 'Day the Earth Stood Still'?, 'Invasion of the Body Snatchrs'? would be appropriate :lol: Paul.

:D

"Sherlock Holmes"...

...which, in this new and Hollywoodized version, had a black magician for the bad guy, Dr. Watson for a kung fu action hero, alchemical labs and sorcerers' dens, illuminati rituals and conspiracies, and last but not least, Sherlock Holmes handcuffed and ankle-shackled to a bed spread-eagle, naked, with a pillow covering his private parts and a sacramental pronouncement to a maid who walked in on the situation -- "The key to my release lies beneath this pillow."

Scary enough for you?:lol:

Guest paul walter

:D

"Sherlock Holmes"...

...which, in this new and Hollywoodized version, had a black magician for the bad guy, Dr. Watson for a kung fu action hero, alchemical labs and sorcerers' dens, illuminati rituals and conspiracies, and last but not least, Sherlock Holmes handcuffed and ankle-shackled to a bed spread-eagle, naked, with a pillow covering his private parts and a sacramental pronouncement to a maid who walked in on the situation -- "The key to my release lies beneath this pillow."

Scary enough for you?:lol:

I guess the Illuminati/Freemason trend in Hollywood will be over when we are all convinced that conspiracies are plot devices used in films. Long for the day when I can say "they don't make films like this anymore" :lol:

Guest paul walter

bounce8.gif

Is that the Moscow Dragon excercising his chakras or...

Perhaps a more relevant post will put us back on track. Taomeow, I have a big interest in diet and spirit matters. I was wondering did you sit next to Wang and look into his dinner bowl? Did he say anything about diet at all ( I know about the tofu from the book). Did he look malnourished? Is he like that breatherian guru who lost his following when he was discovered buying a meat pie at a street stall :P Anything will be fine, thanks. Paul.

Perhaps a more relevant post will put us back on track. Taomeow, I have a big interest in diet and spirit matters. I was wondering did you sit next to Wang and look into his dinner bowl? Did he say anything about diet at all ( I know about the tofu from the book). Did he look malnourished? Is he like that breatherian guru who lost his following when he was discovered buying a meat pie at a street stall :P Anything will be fine, thanks. Paul.

Thanks for keeping things on track -- just a quickie re your illuminati/movies entry -- you're right, that's one way to trivialize an issue, just put it in the movies and make it cheesy, unreal, entertaining, banal, trite... make it Hollywood and no one will ever believe anything else about it, the meme has been installed... I suspect they did the same thing with Maoshan (and magical taoism in general) in China/Taiwan/Hong Kong/Singapore... OK, back on track.

WLP gave lectures before practices, on a whole bunch of fascinating subjects. They were short and to the point, and I was writing notes like a machine. So one lecture was on food. I may have written about it here before.

Let me get back to this message later, gotta go... please stay tuned.

Guest paul walter

WLP gave lectures before practices, on a whole bunch of fascinating subjects. They were short and to the point, and I was writing notes like a machine. So one lecture was on food. I may have written about it here before.

Let me get back to this message later, gotta go... please stay tuned.

Ok, now that you've let the cats out of your post-seminar luggage things are ramping up in my mind. Is it possible at all for you to perhaps (pretty please) to , perhaps, umm, take those notes out of that 'I'll-get-around-to-it-one-day' pile and give us reports on ALL the topics discussed :rolleyes: ??--over time of course, no hurry (can't WAIT!!). I don't wan't to speak for others (though I'm sure I am) but I imagine many would like that idea somewhat. Please don't make me have to start a spam campaign to bombard you're mailbox until you relent. :D Paul

Malnourished? -- far from it. Quite robust, and the weird thing is, his weight seemed to fluctuate from day to day, but it must have been qi, not weight, in the belly -- now it's there, now it isn't. On the last day, after the seminar, I was seeing the whole departing group off and WLP looked slender -- not thin, just "in good shape" -- but during the seminar he seemed more massive... Very peculiar.

About his personal diet he said that while he was in training with his teachers he was a vegetarian, but coming into the world one must take on the ways of the world for balance, so he does eat a little meat now. (I susupect -- just my impression of course, I don't really know -- that he's one of those wise men who will eat what the wife cooks, with no qualms. Unlike Confucius, whose wife left him because he was always complaining about the food!)

He had specific instructions for the phases of the practice when one must abstain from meat, but this was related to things that, if/when they start happening, signal this. When a certain phase is reached, all so-called "blood foods" must be avoided for a number of days and these include all animal-derived foods -- meat, fish, seafood, all dairy, eggs, a few vegetables that "act like meat in the body" (not available outside some regions of China anyway), and certain fruits.

He said nothing at all about tofu, or if he did, it wasn't translated as such. (The lectures were being simultaneously translated into Russian, and the word "tofu" was never mentioned, but then I don't know if the word has entered the Russian language at all -- there was no tofu in Russia when I was growing up, and I don't think most people there know what it is even today.)

For regular lifestyles, he asserted that a taoist practitioner mustn't eat to be full and the regulating principle is hunger -- at each meal, you eat about 70% of what your "total" hunger "wants" you to eat. There's fasts and semi-fasts (liquid foods -- e.g. herbal decoctions) administered at particular times with certain stages of practice or therapeutically, but regular undereating below 70-75% is discouraged as unproductive.

Ok, now that you've let the cats out of your post-seminar luggage things are ramping up in my mind. Is it possible at all for you to perhaps (pretty please) to , perhaps, umm, take those notes out of that 'I'll-get-around-to-it-one-day' pile and give us reports on ALL the topics discussed :rolleyes: ??--over time of course, no hurry (can't WAIT!!). I don't wan't to speak for others (though I'm sure I am) but I imagine many would like that idea somewhat. Please don't make me have to start a spam campaign to bombard you're mailbox until you relent. :D Paul

Paul,

god knows I share what I can and what I know willingly, perhaps more than some people want to hear from this particular source!:lol: -- but I'm not really authorized to do that with WLP's material. There's many reasons why information from the seminar given to regular practitioners with some training and understanding in the tradition of this particular school should not randomly enter public circulation in this manner, one of them being that much of it is intimately intertwined with the practice itself and will be useless or even harmful if extracted and separated from it. There's things that I don't see as posing a great danger of misapplication (as the above brief entry re food guidelines), but I don't think I should be picking and choosing, I might just go wrong and I don't want to go wrong here.