Encephalon

What's the story with the 5 Tibetan Rites?

google this site for more info, but it is a great routine. I reversed the onset of grey hair in my mid 20s with it in about 6-12 months then discontinued. Then in my late 30s I tried it again for the same reason and it didn't work. Not currently using.

Imo, it has a Russian, not Tibetan vibe.

google this site for more info, but it is a great routine. I reversed the onset of grey hair in my mid 20s with it in about 6-12 months then discontinued. Then in my late 30s I tried it again for the same reason and it didn't work. Not currently using.

Imo, it has a Russian, not Tibetan vibe.

Oh yeah, the "Tibetan" vibe has been thoroughly discredited.

http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm

I've started to do these again in the morning before my nei kung Embrace Tree. Subjectively, yeah... they feel great. I'm using them again because my Kundalini yoga dvd is too rough on my shoulder joint.

Any extraordinary tales to relate?

Thanks in advance.

I userd it fora while and noticed increased energy but haven't kept at it,I'm about to start again though.I combined the five rites with another longevity practice from kriya yoga called viparita karani.Karani is supposed to increase the life span and if practiced for hours, do away with wrinkles and gray hairs.It is a meditation more than an exercise.Having to do with focusing on the chakras and breathing patterns.To go deep you have to perform the meditation for hours,I only did it for 40-60 minutes a day but I could hear people whispering about how I looked younger.I'll post the routine later,becareful of descriptions on the net only advertising the physical aspect.What are your goals?

I userd it fora while and noticed increased energy but haven't kept at it,I'm about to start again though.I combined the five rites with another longevity practice from kriya yoga called viparita karani.Karani is supposed to increase the life span and if practiced for hours, do away with wrinkles and gray hairs.It is a meditation more than an exercise.Having to do with focusing on the chakras and breathing patterns.To go deep you have to perform the meditation for hours,I only did it for 40-60 minutes a day but I could hear people whispering about how I looked younger.I'll post the routine later,becareful of descriptions on the net only advertising the physical aspect.What are your goals?

My goals are to continue on a dual path of Kundalini rising and microcosmic orbit (I understand they are not exactly the same). I am currently at the point of "Dong Chu," or Movement Sensation in my abs. I've made a lot of progress in the last month; a lot of heat and the turbine-like revolution in my dan tien, but it hasn't broken into the next vessel yet. I am completely confident that I'll have some major movement by Christmas, but the initial goal is a solid, one inhale-one exhale M. Orbit. Then, according to the literature, the real fun begins, as you channel the chi up through the brainstem and ultimately, opening up the "Celestial Eye." (I'm quoting Daniel Reid's "The Complete Book of Chinese Health and Healing" - Shambhala Press and "QiGong for Health and Marial Arts" by Yang, Jwing-Ming).

Honestly, if I could, I'd seek out a semi-monastic existence on the coast of British Columbia and commit to this full-time and get to the point where I can heal myself and others. But I'm still committed to this, even while trapped in Los Angeles!

My goals are to continue on a dual path of Kundalini rising and microcosmic orbit (I understand they are not exactly the same). I am currently at the point of "Dong Chu," or Movement Sensation in my abs. I've made a lot of progress in the last month; a lot of heat and the turbine-like revolution in my dan tien, but it hasn't broken into the next vessel yet. I am completely confident that I'll have some major movement by Christmas, but the initial goal is a solid, one inhale-one exhale M. Orbit. Then, according to the literature, the real fun begins, as you channel the chi up through the brainstem and ultimately, opening up the "Celestial Eye." (I'm quoting Daniel Reid's "The Complete Book of Chinese Health and Healing" - Shambhala Press and "QiGong for Health and Marial Arts" by Yang, Jwing-Ming).

Honestly, if I could, I'd seek out a semi-monastic existence on the coast of British Columbia and commit to this full-time and get to the point where I can heal myself and others. But I'm still committed to this, even while trapped in Los Angeles!

You know, the wall pose (viparita karani) seems like a great idea. I have an inversion table and I spend a total of ten minutes a day upside down. Maybe I'll acquire some of the same benefits.

Edited by Blasto

You know, the wall pose (viparita karani) seems like a great idea. I have an inversion table and I spend a total of ten minutes a day upside down. Maybe I'll acquire some of the same benefits.

Again though don't forget about the meditative part.They say the sun dwells atthe stomach and the moon dwells at the palate,by bringing the energy upwards you reverse the process.Therby extending lifeforce,also the kelchakari mudra is used.This is different from the tong against the roof method in qi gung.The tong goes to the back of the soft palate pressing upwards towards the forehead.

http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm

I've started to do these again in the morning before my nei kung Embrace Tree. Subjectively, yeah... they feel great. I'm using them again because my Kundalini yoga dvd is too rough on my shoulder joint.

Any extraordinary tales to relate?

Thanks in advance.

there is a better way and its less time and way more powerul way to do them read this book

http://books.google.com/books?id=1ekEAtUD8...;q=&f=false

What is the difference between Trul Khor and Qi Gong?

Trulkhor is generally the completion stage of Vajrayana practice. So there is entirely different context. Though maybe you could say that trulkhor is Tantric Buddhist Qigong or something. :lol:

Trulkhor is generally the completion stage of Vajrayana practice. So there is entirely different context. Though maybe you could say that trulkhor is Tantric Buddhist Qigong or something. :lol:

I would say only some forms of Qi gong, because that is such a general term. there are many many Qi gong practices and not all of them have the same goals as Trul Khor

My goals are to continue on a dual path of Kundalini rising and microcosmic orbit (I understand they are not exactly the same). I am currently at the point of "Dong Chu," or Movement Sensation in my abs. I've made a lot of progress in the last month; a lot of heat and the turbine-like revolution in my dan tien, but it hasn't broken into the next vessel yet.

You sound a bit like me. :)

I've gotten to the point where belly breathing (after a certain point) kind of wants to take over on it's own. My belly will suck in and out even if I deliberately hold my breath. I did that as a test to see if I was hallucinating the spontaneous belly breathing but nope - it's real. It's like the muscles have a memory all their own and they take over.

I also can feel the muscles in my belly, back and sides distend with each Dantien cultivation orbit. Literally like someone took a Billiard Ball and was rolling it around inside my body. THAT was funny too.

I *also* discovered - via a crazy spontaneous mudra - a way to 'super-charge' cultivation of my middle Dantien. My hands will spontaneously contort into fists then they hold outward in a circle (like I'm trying to hug a tree), then the fists come together.

When I do that I can feel the Billard Qi Ball effect rolling around in my Middle Dantien much more strongly. At the same time I also feel as if a Sidewise Mini-Microcosmic orbit is passing around through my arms, hands, sides and back. I guess the fists joined together completes the sideway circuit. My body does this spontaneously. My guess is perhaps it's balancing right and left chi channels the way regular MCO balances front to back?

KAP practice sure does lead to some odd things...

I would say only some forms of Qi gong, because that is such a general term. there are many many Qi gong practices and not all of them have the same goals as Trul Khor

Well I actually think not even some, that's why I said Tantric Buddhist Qigong. :D

Well I actually think not even some, that's why I said Tantric Buddhist Qigong. :D

hm... really? I would think that the advanced, serious, methods of Qi Gong which stem on awakening the fire (naval), mixing with the water (heart) , creating steam, and purifying the central channel.. seems to have very much the same process/explanation as gTummo. that's waht I learned from a Qi Gong teacher. though Vajrayana uses more visualization instead of tactile imaging, i think the process is the same.

hm... really? I would think that the advanced, serious, methods of Qi Gong which stem on awakening the fire (naval), mixing with the water (heart) , creating steam, and purifying the central channel.. seems to have very much the same process/explanation as gTummo. that's waht I learned from a Qi Gong teacher. though Vajrayana uses more visualization instead of tactile imaging, i think the process is the same.

Well I haven't seen anything similar myself. Only in the book Qigong Empowerment and that in the Buddhist Qigong section haha.

But in any case, I think the context is completely different, even if there would be same technique (like you say for central channel) it's not enough. Of course I could be wrong since there are thousands of qigong versions out there and I certainly very little of them. But this is my opinion.

You sound a bit like me. :)

I've gotten to the point where belly breathing (after a certain point) kind of wants to take over on it's own. My belly will suck in and out even if I deliberately hold my breath. I did that as a test to see if I was hallucinating the spontaneous belly breathing but nope - it's real. It's like the muscles have a memory all their own and they take over.

I also can feel the muscles in my belly, back and sides distend with each Dantien cultivation orbit. Literally like someone took a Billiard Ball and was rolling it around inside my body. THAT was funny too.

I *also* discovered - via a crazy spontaneous mudra - a way to 'super-charge' cultivation of my middle Dantien. My hands will spontaneously contort into fists then they hold outward in a circle (like I'm trying to hug a tree), then the fists come together.

When I do that I can feel the Billard Qi Ball effect rolling around in my Middle Dantien much more strongly. At the same time I also feel as if a Sidewise Mini-Microcosmic orbit is passing around through my arms, hands, sides and back. I guess the fists joined together completes the sideway circuit. My body does this spontaneously. My guess is perhaps it's balancing right and left chi channels the way regular MCO balances front to back?

KAP practice sure does lead to some odd things...

What are the sources/links for info on your KAP data?

Pardon. I'm not understanding your request. :huh:

I confess that I never really new what KAP stood for. It's Kundalini data, right? What do you use? Teachers, dvds, websites?

I confess that I never really new what KAP stood for. It's Kundalini data, right? What do you use? Teachers, dvds, websites?

It stands for kundalini awakening process. These are seminars, either in person or long distance, run by either Tao Semko or Santiago Dobles(Vajrasattva). I have taken the course as has my brother and many others on this site. I highly recommend it.

Edited by ryansmith

It's a class held over Skype. KAP = Kundalini Awakening Process. Santi (aka Vajrasattva ) can tell you more about it than I can. Tao Semko is one of the other teachers.

We meet once a week online and use Skype, UStream and Facebook. Lots of how-to lectures, lots of videos and audio posted, etc.

From what I can tell Dr. Morris (who I take was the founder of KAP) threw pretty much everything but the kitchen sink into the course with that goal in mind (i.e. awakening kundalini).

p.s. Tao Semko has got to be one of the HOTTEST guys I've ever seen! My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I first saw him.

*fans self* :P

Is this type of thing (The Tibetan 5 Rights) typical of energy cultivation and/or Kundalini wakening practices? I've been 'chomping at the bit' so to speak for some time now-waiting, and saving up to stat KAP classes. I've done standing meditation for a couple years, not very aggressively.

What I learned is nothing like the Tibetan 5 rights, if that link is accurate.

Serene Blue--

If you don't mind my asking, how much time per day/week do you practice the KAP stuff? From the results you describe in some threads (Kriyas, etc.) you seem to be getting some phenomenal results...way beyond anything I've ever gotten from standing the tree, etc.

Thanks all!

Nate-

It's a class held over Skype. KAP = Kundalini Awakening Process. Santi (aka Vajrasattva ) can tell you more about it than I can. Tao Semko is one of the other teachers.

We meet once a week online and use Skype, UStream and Facebook. Lots of how-to lectures, lots of videos and audio posted, etc.

From what I can tell Dr. Morris (who I take was the founder of KAP) threw pretty much everything but the kitchen sink into the course with that goal in mind (i.e. awakening kundalini).

p.s. Tao Semko has got to be one of the HOTTEST guys I've ever seen! My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I first saw him.

*fans self* :P

On my god, that's amazing, because I look EXACTLY like Him!

Thanks for the KAP heads up. This stuff looks mighty useful and interesting. I'd love to hear about how it worked for you.

Edited by Blasto