Stigweard

**AT LAST ** Official Launch: New Online Taoist Learning Centre

It is looking very good so far. The topics bar looks quite comprehensive.

I am really looking forward to the American Taoist Centers section being up and running. While there are hundreds of such resources out there for Buddhists, the Taoists have nothing substantial as of yet. It would be particularly nice if you could eventually set it up with a click-able map of the U.S.

Maybe it would also be fruitful to set up somewhere a listing of major college/graduate school Eastern Studies programs for those of us interested in pursuing our Taoist studies in academia.

Oh, maybe we should add the Baopuzi to the list of Masters. I need to figure out how to work edit Wikipedia... :blink:

It is looking very good so far. The topics bar looks quite comprehensive.

I am really looking forward to the American Taoist Centers section being up and running. While there are hundreds of such resources out there for Buddhists, the Taoists have nothing substantial as of yet. It would be particularly nice if you could eventually set it up with a click-able map of the U.S.

Maybe it would also be fruitful to set up somewhere a listing of major college/graduate school Eastern Studies programs for those of us interested in pursuing our Taoist studies in academia.

Oh, maybe we should add the Baopuzi to the list of Masters. I need to figure out how to work edit Wikipedia... :blink:

Excellent suggestions ... like Pietro also mentioned, to have a portal as such where people can find teachers in convenient locations would be awesome. It was something I have had in mind as well. I already have a few of the major educational institutes who offer Taoism as part of their philosophy and religious studies. You will find mentions of them already in the directory ... http://www.taowizard.com/dao_tao.php

One step at a time yes? :D

Thanks Darin ... your opinion I hold in high regard ;)

Stig, I gotta say, the site looks A LOT better than I had imagined.

Congrats on a great job and thank you for this. :)

Cheers all ... the response has be quite simply fantastic!!! :D

thetaobums.com made up 25.57% of traffic through my site yesterday so THANK YOU!

Also got a very encouraging bunch of I Ching readings through as well so overall I can happily say it was a successful launch.

Now the fun begins in earnest as I continue to flesh out the info on offer. I always hoped that TaoWizard would work in conjunction with TaoBums ... this is very much my home ;)

Thanks again for your support and interest :)

It is very nice.

And I keep on thinking there should be one page for every school (or even for every major teacher), and one page fr every subtradition. And then we should play "guess who inherited from who" between the pages of the first type and the pages of the second type.

It is very nice.

And I keep on thinking there should be one page for every school (or even for every major teacher), and one page fr every subtradition. And then we should play "guess who inherited from who" between the pages of the first type and the pages of the second type.

Yup ... I hear what you are saying and I would like to see this happen as well. I have started to some of the major schools listed but they are far from complete. And I would also like to see a page each on contemporary teachers and masters. I'll start a new thread here for possible submissions.

Hey Stig, when you have time please tell us about the I Ching readings. What form does the answer(s) come in? Can you give us an example of what to expect from a reading.

Thanks

Michael

Thank you for your efforts. This will definitely help me explore Taoism in more detail.

Yup ... I hear what you are saying and I would like to see this happen as well. I have started to some of the major schools listed but they are far from complete. And I would also like to see a page each on contemporary teachers and masters. I'll start a new thread here for possible submissions.

well, if it's a wiki it should not be needed. Each person should be able to add its own brand of taoism. That's how they work, and why they are so efficient.