abramelin

Top 3 advice from you to you

We are all on our journeys and have traveled so far on our own paths. A thought occurred to me today while i was taking a shower, what if i could go back in time and give advise to my self on spiritual matters what would i say.

Now i do not consider my self that far on the path, but there is some advise that would have been beneficial for me from my current point of view.

Here is my top 3 to my former self just getting interested in spiritual matters.

1. Be patient

2. Relax

3. Do not try to convert people to your practice as soon you get a result. (when I noticed how good I could feel from daily meditation I became a wee bit of a A-hole about it)

Whats your advice to yourself?

//John

Edited by abramelin
  • Like 1

There is a technique used in NLP where you imagine a timeline and then visualize yourself travelling backward to an earlier point in your life. You make a change, then follow the timeline forward to the present and even into the future to see what the results of the change are. If you like the changes, you keep them. If you find you've made things worse, you can go back again and un-do them. I'm fairly sure I got this from Anthony Robbins, but I don't recall which of his books it was in.

My earlier self had to learn everything the hard way and wouldn't take advice from anyone - even a future me. All I could do is send energy.

1. Ask her out

I wish someone would have given me that advise :(

There is a technique used in NLP where you imagine a timeline and then visualize yourself travelling backward to an earlier point in your life. You make a change, then follow the timeline forward to the present and even into the future to see what the results of the change are. If you like the changes, you keep them. If you find you've made things worse, you can go back again and un-do them. I'm fairly sure I got this from Anthony Robbins, but I don't recall which of his books it was in.

My earlier self had to learn everything the hard way and wouldn't take advice from anyone - even a future me. All I could do is send energy.

I like that, NLP seems to have very useful techniques when it comes to self development.

1. Ask her out. Yep that is definitely number one. Could also exchange it with: don't take her for granted.

2. Play sports in school, instead of smoking pot.

3. Work a normal job and don't join the military, no matter what!

1. Ask her out. Yep that is definitely number one. Could also exchange it with: don't take her for granted.

2. Play sports in school, instead of smoking pot.

3. Work a normal job and don't join the military, no matter what!

Yup, shoulda married that first one myself. She was so in love, and soooo darn hot! I hope my girlfriend isn't reading this. sssshhhhhh. No, I love my current girlfriend lots, but man, Sarah was bangin'! :lol:

1)I don't know if I'd actually say that to myself though in the same sense of wisdom, because if I hadn't of gone through what I went through, I wouldn't be here. But, one thing I should have done was let paypal know I was moving, then I'd still have my 6 figure income. They wouldn't have closed me down, freezing 20,000 in clients money, thinking I was hi-jacking my own account? Anyway... bonkers. I'd not be financially struggling right now if it wasn't for that one.

2)Ok... the other would be patience, you'll actually survive these amazingly difficult times.

3)The other would be, don't give to many pearls away to those who won't receive them and go into debt buying books for people.

1. Read, read, read.

2. Eat healthier.

3. Drugs are a big waste of time.

By the way,

What is an efficient way to bring someone along the Path? I have a hard time convincing friends to look deeper than Friday nights. :( .

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

By the way,

What is an efficient way to bring someone along the Path? I have a hard time convincing friends to look deeper than Friday nights. :( .

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi

this might be the answer?

1. masturbation is bad!

2. don't date her, boy!

3. Be patient. It'll all make sense one day.

1. When the drunken monk in phoksumdo asks for gifts, offer him the prayer flags not the smokes and watch.

2. When the villager in Toba say "the man who controls the thunder and rain wants to meet you" - go

3. When given the choice to be called to Nepal or New Jersey - go to New Jersey and avoid the above nonsense.

(oh and when you see the old man polishing shoes in Tamul, khatmandu - get your boots cleaned - he is not a beggar).

Traveling back in time I'd be tempted to say, work harder, find your passion, accomplish more...Then I'd think about it and realize I'm always telling myself that then ignoring it. So what I'd say is 'You'll be fine'.

B)

• Like 1

Ohh, man. Wha a mind f**k. Well, I dont know how I could narrow it down to three, but here are at least 3 really big ones from my list.

1.) Still smoke pot in high school, but ALSO do sports, and put out some real effort-especially in Mr. Browns algebra class. Otherwise, you'll have to take it like, 3 times in college. You only go through high school once.

2.)Always DO, rather than don't. DO punch that son of a bitch, DO ask her out, DO trust her, DO go after what you want, DO what you know is right. Commit fully!

3.) Make time for those you really love, especially your grandparents on Dad's side, and Mark. They'll be gone in an instant.

Damn, what an illuminating question. I have so much work to do.

Thanks I guess!

N-

Edited by everseeking
  • Like 1

1. Do your homework!

2. Stay away from drugs!

3. Be patient. It will all make sense one day. (sorry hyok, I stole yours. But it was such a good one I wish I was smart enough to think about saying that to myself!)

But of cource, if I went back in time to say this to myself, I would still not listen to myself :(

1. Never ejaculate. No matter how "good", "healthy" or "normal" friends, enemies, "sex education" people",scientists .etc say it is. if it happens in the night never mind but never intentionally do it!!!

2. All of human knowledge is of no use to you. There is nothing to it. By all means use it for your own gain, but do not let it use (enchant, lull) you.

3. NOTHING wrong with you. Something is wrong with the values placed upon you.

1. Never ejaculate. No matter how "good", "healthy" or "normal" friends, enemies, "sex education" people",scientists .etc say it is. if it happens in the night never mind but never intentionally do it!!!

2. All of human knowledge is of no use to you. There is nothing to it. By all means use it for your own gain, but do not let it use (enchant, lull) you.

3. NOTHING wrong with you. Something is wrong with the values placed upon you.

What an amazing list! I had to read it a few times, because it really is an awesome list!:) Thanks!

Don't drop out of college!

No, really, when you went back a second time, don't drop out again!

Don't go out on that date!

1. Trust no gurus. Do your own research.

2. Seriously, trust no gurus. Read "nutrition and physical degeneration" and also eat more raw foods. Never stop researching.

3. buy up all the great domain names, like cars.com, wal-mart.com, etc. Also, start a site called myspace. LOL

That third one is so I can have some money and not live with my parents every time a girlfriend kicks me out. LOL