Sign in to follow this  
awake

Met an Enlightened Guy

So some of you may remember the "I met a real life tao bum" topic I made a while back.

There is this homeless man who walks around my area and he is enlightened - or very far along the path - a true Tao Bum.

I can feel his energy whenever I see him wandering around, and when I have thoughts, and he is around, he makes sporradic movements akin to my thoughts (i.e. I have a thought, he'll do a backwards round house kick, then I'll have another thought, he'll do it again or some other clear physical action - tit for tat)

I spoke to him once but was very nervous and didn't get much inthe way of physical answers, but his presence causes very strong and positive effects in me that I can feel.

I sometimes see him around, and I want to approach him and learn from him, but I have always been fearful of what to say.

Please help me, what would be reasonable things to approach him about, so I would not be wasting either of our time?

My mind is still overactive and out of my control, although I have become better at noticing the space between thoughts and trying to reside in there, recently a new, differnt sounding, much more random and creative (sometimes funny) voice has popped up inside my head in addition ot the one that my intentional thoughts are said in, and still some of my unintentionla thoughts are in my regular head-voice. Yet, this new voice - which has different content of thoughts than my regular - is becoming more and more the source of my unintentional thoughts, and I still cannot think from it intentionally.

Thank you.

Hi Awake,

Well, the first thing I would suggest is that you make sure you are seeing reality and not just seeing the man in the image of something you are looking for.

Okay. That's said.

If he is a clean person you could invite him to some place for breakfast or lunch. Most guys become talkative after they have had a bite to eat and are sipping on a cup of coffee.

Just a general conversation would do for starters, not asking many questions but making generalized statements about the weather, traffic on the roads in the area, etc. Find out what he likes to talk about then interlace your curiosity in with what he likes to talk about and see where he goes with it.

There still are some of those homeless people out there who are true nomads, wise, but want no entanglements. He may be one. Or, he may be a figment of your imagination.

Be well! (And be careful.)

Homeless enlightened dude?

-Then what's the problem? just follow him around !

You don't have to do anything. (except, perhaps, not be a coward. . ...)

If he is a clean person you could invite him to some place for breakfast or lunch. Most guys become talkative after they have had a bite to eat and are sipping on a cup of coffee.

If he is not clean, then offer him a shower?

Please help me, what would be reasonable things to approach him about, so I would not be wasting either of our time?

The first question I might ask him is if he could use some money or some food.

If he said yes, I would likely try to help him out if I could. You could also have

a chat with him if he is interested in chatting. You might end up losing some of your

misconceptions about him in the process, however. :) Chances are, like many homeless

people, he is a person who has had some bad breaks in life, or who may also suffer from

the effects of some form of mental illness or substance abuse, as well. Such people

may get very little kindness shown them from others in their life. Showing a bit of kindness

will likely not hurt.

Best wishes from Iskote...

:)

Edited by Iskote

You might end up losing some of your

misconceptions about him in the process, however. smile.gif Chances are, like many homeless

people, he is a person who has had some bad breaks in life, or who may also suffer from

the effects of some form of mental illness or substance abuse, as well. Such people

may get very little kindness shown them from others in their life. Showing a bit of kindness

will likely not hurt.

Yes!

If he is not clean, then offer him a shower?

Hehehe. I was going to mention that but forgot.

Be well!

this is strange because when I was doing LSD, people physically reacted to my thoughts, even vocally. You may want to ground yourself to make sure you have a clear perspective. We are too different people, so this could have no relevance. In any person's life being grounded is a good thing though. Unless maybe instability is part of their party.

Thank you all for the advice so far. Its gonna suck always having to carry money around in case I see him..

Anyway, I will definitely approach him, and perhaps ask him first just to follow him around a little before I ask him more stuff.

I will be careful though, I know the area so I kno where to go and not to go. Maybe I will ask him if he ever visits the buddhist temple nearby..

Is this the guy?

Haha no but I look forward to watching that video later.

this is strange because when I was doing LSD, people physically reacted to my thoughts, even vocally. You may want to ground yourself to make sure you have a clear perspective. We are too different people, so this could have no relevance. In any person's life being grounded is a good thing though. Unless maybe instability is part of their party.

Ground myself? Also, I have only had an effect of non-verbal people's reaction to how I feel. Like physical actions, and not just from him.

Edited by awake

I approached a homeless korean guy the other day. I've never met a homeless korean

dude that young. I tried to talk to him and he says he wants to chill out alone. I

persisted and eventually he started talking. I asked him how long he was out in the

streets and he says a few days. He thought I was some church fellow. I was

interested in how he survived out there, where to get food, where to sleep,

and about the cold.

He said he doesn't really sleep. I could tell by his eyes he didnt. I asked him about food

and he didn't want to answer. I told him I was thinking about a meditation retreat and wanted

to know how he survives. I don't think he was enlightened though.

Homeless dudes are pretty mellow and harmless. They are more scared of you then you

of them, I guarantee you.

I gave him a few bucks and left. I gave him blessings.

Afterwards I didn't know if it was a good idea. I've heard of spirits following homeless

people before and thought some might follow me after I talked to him.

Been chanting mantras and sending out love to make sure non are following me.

Afterwards I didn't know if it was a good idea. I've heard of spirits following homeless

I had shivers on my whole body for 30 seconds nonstop after reading this.. Then my head ached for a few seconds, after which my eyes began to tear up to the point where there were tears coming down.

Edited by awake

Ground myself? Also, I have only had an effect of non-verbal people's reaction to how I feel. Like physical actions, and not just from him.

I had physical actions, but also things that people were saying, and the tone, had an uncanny resemblance to what was going on in my head... I was high. It actually lasted almost a year into soberiety. Yichuan/Taiji saved my ass.

If this is in any way your own projection, grounding will bring it down to earth in a comfortable manner. You'll feel centered, confident, grounded but light. Once again, we are two different people and I was on drugs, so this could be completely irrelevant.

There is this homeless man who walks around my area and he is enlightened - or very far along the path - a true Tao Bum.

You should ask him for darshan or direct transmission. This is the most effective way to get help from enlightened people, especially if you don't have common language/words/cultural background.

I had physical actions, but also things that people were saying, and the tone, had an uncanny resemblance to what was going on in my head... I was high. It actually lasted almost a year into soberiety. Yichuan/Taiji saved my ass.

If this is in any way your own projection, grounding will bring it down to earth in a comfortable manner. You'll feel centered, confident, grounded but light. Once again, we are two different people and I was on drugs, so this could be completely irrelevant.

Are you saying Yichaun/Taiji is a grounding exercise? And bring what down to earth? Also, I think I have felt that way before, gorunded, confident but lighter, it was after some profound thinking one time after I got off a bus, but quickly gave way to social pressures and old negative concepts - as with all of my minor awakenings.

You should ask him for darshan or direct transmission. This is the most effective way to get help from enlightened people, especially if you don't have common language/words/cultural background.

Could you explain this further please?

I had shivers on my whole body for 30 seconds nonstop after reading this.. Then my head ached for a few seconds, after which my eyes began to tear up to the point where there were tears coming down.

And does anyone have soem views on this - its really gotten me interested.

Could you explain this further please?

There are many ways of transmitting, words are not always the most effective, especially from people who don't know you and who don't have the same background. That's why indian masters don't bother with words. They give "darshan", which is direct contact from heart to heart. It can take many forms, Amma embraces you, other look you in the eyes, other touch you at different chakras... who knows. But they repair your subtle body, they give you light and love. For them, that's the easiest way to communicate and to help you.

So, if you know an enlightened guy, you can sit with him, talk a little, ask him for his blessing, even ask him if he can show you directly what he's got. They have the power to do it.

Are you saying Yichaun/Taiji is a grounding exercise? And bring what down to earth? Also, I think I have felt that way before, gorunded, confident but lighter, it was after some profound thinking one time after I got off a bus, but quickly gave way to social pressures and old negative concepts - as with all of my minor awakenings.

not a grounding exercise, but grounding is a byproduct of what occurs in both martial arts. IF it is your mental projection, grounding will take that energy and ground it into the earth where it will be recycled by nature. Grounding, to me, is a way of simplifying your mind, a big step in some paths.... emptying the cup. I feel confident, lighter, and happier when I'm well grounded. Outside negativity has a hard time effecting me when I'm grounded, and sometimes I feel my ego about to run it's rant, but then it dies because I am grounded and centered and I became aware of it before it could start it's momentum. It just makes life a hell of a lot easier. To ground I do Zhan Zhuang in horse stance, but internally a la yichuan, so I am still building up the strength to do the recommended 20mins of grounding a day.

I can feel his energy whenever I see him wandering around, and when I have thoughts, and he is around, he makes sporradic movements akin to my thoughts (i.e. I have a thought, he'll do a backwards round house kick, then I'll have another thought, he'll do it again or some other clear physical action - tit for tat)

Thank you.

Awake, I respectfully disagree with your assessment of the homeless man. From what you describe it sounds to me as though his aura is badly damaged. Many homeless people are mentally ill and may have alcohol/drug problems. The reason why you feel so much energy around him is because his energy is literally "frying" him. A truly enlightened person is not going to mimic your thoughts. What you are witnessing is someone whose aura is so badly damaged, he is not able to filter out any psychic energy whatsoever, that is why he is mimicing your thoughts, it's as if your thoughts are being directly recieved by his energy and interpreted as commands. I understand that you are not trying to harm him, but your experiments are harmful to him. He can't help himself. It is also possible that the energy you are feeling is coming from spirits that are following and harrassing him. This would also explain why after a small pause, he is mimicking your thoughts. The spirits are reading your thoughts and making the man act your thoughts out like a circus animal. They are having a bit of a laugh at both of you.

My humble suggestion is instead of making him do tricks, that instead you pray for him or wish him well. he is probably in alot of misery.

Edited by fiveelementtao

not a grounding exercise, but grounding is a byproduct of what occurs in both martial arts. IF it is your mental projection, grounding will take that energy and ground it into the earth where it will be recycled by nature. Grounding, to me, is a way of simplifying your mind, a big step in some paths.... emptying the cup. I feel confident, lighter, and happier when I'm well grounded. Outside negativity has a hard time effecting me when I'm grounded, and sometimes I feel my ego about to run it's rant, but then it dies because I am grounded and centered and I became aware of it before it could start it's momentum. It just makes life a hell of a lot easier. To ground I do Zhan Zhuang in horse stance, but internally a la yichuan, so I am still building up the strength to do the recommended 20mins of grounding a day.

I actually recall now whil ebeing stoned people speakin garound me (not to me)'s conversation directly turning in the direction of my thoughts, often and powerfully so - such that theyll not only finish my thoughts but sometimes say the words I was thinking of or finish my thought sentences. But that also sometimes happens sober, much more rarely though.

Awake, I respectfully disagree with your assessment of the homeless man. From what you describe it sounds to me as though his aura is badly damaged. Many homeless people are mentally ill and may have alcohol/drug problems. The reason why you feel so much energy around him is because his energy is literally "frying" him. A truly enlightened person is not going to mimic your thoughts. What you are witnessing is someone whose aura is so badly damaged, he is not able to filter out any psychic energy whatsoever, that is why he is mimicing your thoughts, it's as if your thoughts are being directly recieved by his energy and interpreted as commands. I understand that you are not trying to harm him, but your experiments are harmful to him. He can't help himself. It is also possible that the energy you are feeling is coming from spirits that are following and harrassing him. This would also explain why after a small pause, he is mimicking your thoughts. The spirits are reading your thoughts and making the man act your thoughts out like a circus animal. They are having a bit of a laugh at both of you.

My humble suggestion is instead of making him do tricks, that instead you pray for him or wish him well. he is probably in alot of misery.

When I asked him why he did what he did, he said "motivation"

When I did speak to him (the only one time was before I made this thread) he seemed perfectly fine and regular of a person to speak to - not insane.

After speaking ot him, I got a powreful feeling inmy chest, which was again repeated today (i was just walking in my area I don't think he was there)

I feel positive energy coming from him, could I be wrong?

I also have tested this theory. I try and force thoughts to him, but it does not work. Only when my thoughts are involuntary or reactionary and genuine. The more powerful they are, the more of a reaction.

If there are spirits this powerful around him, and their nature is such that makes me feel as good as it does, is it not worth exploring?

Also want to add that he walks sort of weirdly.

Edited by awake

I actually recall now whil ebeing stoned people speakin garound me (not to me)'s conversation directly turning in the direction of my thoughts, often and powerfully so - such that theyll not only finish my thoughts but sometimes say the words I was thinking of or finish my thought sentences. But that also sometimes happens sober, much more rarely though.

When I asked him why he did what he did, he said "motivation"

When I did speak to him (the only one time was before I made this thread) he seemed perfectly fine and regular of a person to speak to - not insane.

After speaking ot him, I got a powreful feeling inmy chest, which was again repeated today (i was just walking in my area I don't think he was there)

I feel positive energy coming from him, could I be wrong?

I also have tested this theory. I try and force thoughts to him, but it does not work. Only when my thoughts are involuntary or reactionary and genuine. The more powerful they are, the more of a reaction.

If there are spirits this powerful around him, and their nature is such that makes me feel as good as it does, is it not worth exploring?

Also want to add that he walks sort of weirdly.

There is alot here. The more you share about this, the more it feels unhealthy. The word "powerful" and involuntary comes up numerous times. What you and this homeless man have in common is powerful and involuntary. enlightenment is not part of this combination. I understand that the power that you feel around him may be intoxicating. But a true teacher, helps you feel your own power. Based on what I hear, there may a be a spirit lurking around who is enticing you through this powerful feeling. But, true enlightenment comes from within. If you are looking to explore a power outside of you, you are not following the true power from within. If this man or the spirits in the area are enticing you with powerful feelings that are not your own, this is a dangerous thing.. Look into it...

If I feel positive energy coming from him, could I be wrong?

Yes, it is very possible. Feelings are not facts... feelings must be reconciled with the actual situation. Look at this man and this situation beyond just your feelings....

First not all spirits are helpful. And many unhelpful spirits are very powerful and quite capable of giving you "good" feelings. The heart center is one area they like to invade. What is worth exploring is your desire to give yourself to this situation and escape yourself...

I suggest, meditating and asking for giudance from your higher self, before diving into experiences or powerful feelings....

Sign in to follow this