r.w.smith

Attention! Letter From David Verdesi Regarding Wang Liping

Very nice, Little1! :)

Yes, the "ultimate" taoist is tao, and I like this definition, from Ta Chuan: "the sage comes like the spring, benefitting all beings." Those of us who pay attention to the behavior of the spring might get a clue as to the behavior of a taoist sage... in particular notice that spring comes INTO the world, not away from it. ;)

Thanks Taomeow! :) And I reiterate I know nothing about nothing.

It's really hard for some of us to trust their own feelings about what they study. It's the biggest responsability ever, to study and practice, but take the implications of them as matters into your own hands, and shaping your life accordingly - or better yet, allowing that understanding to shape our actions.

We're standing in front of the process, blocking the way.

About taking the chanse for it... My thesis is this: I think Verdesi's genius is that he really does that. He puts his life on the line for his research, and gives no more and no less than everything.

And then candidly asking for the highest price on the market. Good for him, there's too fiew that do that.

If he is a con-artist, he is an artist nonetheless, and people are more attracted to an artistic view of daoism than they are to the real but dry doctrines. Especially in the West, Plato and Kant are pillars of our culture, and one of their principles is that goodness, truth and beauty often go together.

Beauty opens many doors, especially doors to a man's soul. Look at the great artistic qualities of the stories of Verdesi! Man, he should write a book!

But artistic and beautiful don't necesarelly mean TRUE. As it is the case with him. For me, at least, this is a very important lesson.

Coming back to taking a chanse for finding your path...

I think it takes a leap of faith to jump from the mind level to the heart level. Faith is the leap itself.

Without it, you may be stuck on the LINEAR side of the daoism, no matter how close you are to it. And it's a real loss, because what daoism taught me better than anything is that the NON-LINEAR is waay better than the conventional one.

Being trapped into the linear is like not being able to see the forest because of the trees.

:)

Generally speaking, only a friend would tell that to a friend, don't you think? Other's won't care that much

OT - Offtopic:

The fact is that most modern people struggle with any type of practice because it is often boring, painful or just downright difficult.

I fully concur. It can be hard to cope with the pain when doing physical exercise (Tai Chi, Post Standing). Sitting practice can also be painful, for example when you have a backache or when you sit in half or full lotus. In the chinese culture, there do exist various other practices which are painful. Acupuncture can be painful (depending on the thickness of the needles etc.). The same is the case with a massage therapy called Tui na.

Pain is a very basic problem and you should be more aware of it. It is cruel and inhumane, but - yes, i know - living with a chronic sickness causes even more suffering.

Edited by Herodes

I fail to see the relevance of your Yijing (translation) quotation to Daoism.

Well, that's fairly obvious from the scope of your input that you don't see the relevance of the first canonized and the single most important original taoist text to taoism.

The relevance of "my" translation consists in the fact that the term jun zi is left untranslated in this version (by far the best of them all, and like I said, a historic-linguistic work rather than a mere translation), as used by the Duke of Zhou to mean what it meant to the author of this little irrelevant un-taoist book (in your book :lol: ) originally. Long before Confucius. Long before social structures of enslavement of women. Long before everything you have cut off from the main trunk to wave about as "your" "taoism."

I don't go online to do homework, by the way, it bores me... but if it thrills you to uproot all the irrelevant and poorly informed "proof" and splash about in the ever-enticing but seldom clean "research" bathwater from which the actual baby has been thrown out, be my guest.

Haven't you figured out by now I'm a moving target your shooting skills don't quite match? Why don't you practice some more first by trying them on someone easier to shoot down? It's the only thing you're ever here for, so why not do it well?.. With me you invariably wind up embarrassing yourself... :unsure:

Edited by Taomeow

Haven't you figured out by now I'm a moving target your shooting skills don't quite match? Why don't you practice some more first by trying them on someone easier to shoot down? It's the only thing you're ever here for, so why not do it well?.. With me you invariably wind up embarrassing yourself... :unsure:

I was not shooting but trying to help, if not helping yourself maybe all other readers by giving another point of view beyond your clearly uninformed opinions.

Feel free to take the help or pass, I don't care

YM

Little1, I know less than nothing about more than everything, :lol:

and about David, the only thing I know is that WL's long-term senior student of my acquaintance has referred to him as a "newbie" when we discussed the matter, and stated that David has attended, relatively recently (compared to some people who've been at it since the '80s) some WL seminars, like hundreds of others, and that's about it. Sapientis sat. :)

I was not shooting but trying to help, if not helping yourself maybe all other readers by giving another point of view beyond your clearly uninformed opinions.

Feel free to take the help or pass, I don't care

YM

Clearly uninformed?.. The Eranos I Ching?.. Or the Duke of Zhou?..

A little helping of hypocrisy... thanks, I pass.

It's a know fact among internet marketers that the spirituality is one of the least profitable markets to make money with. It doesn't matter if it's $50,000 or $30 - you will hear complaints all the time about how the teaching should be cheap or free, or it's not a true teaching.

Well, David Shen has many students who take his courses and I yet see any complaints about the teachings or dissatisfaction with his methods. It almost all comes from people who never met him anf never took his classes. True, it is pretty expensive.

There are also too many stories of what is happening between him and WLP. Those stories are just that, stories, so take them with a grain of salt. They may or may not be true, but does it really matter? We all have teachers that we moved away from to study different things. If you can't afford DS's courses, why is there a need to complain about how he is after your money (which you don't have anyway)? People who pay for his classes are not forced to take them and they don't complain afterwards.

There are so many free or almost free alternatives to expensive courses that will give you great benefits. Don't bad mouth imprefections of a teacher who charges too much. He is also a simple human being with all the faults and imperfections. No one is perfect... you will never find a perfect teacher or a perfect human being. That's the beauty of life. :)

It's a know fact among internet marketers that the spirituality is one of the least profitable markets to make money with. It doesn't matter if it's $50,000 or $30 - you will hear complaints all the time about how the teaching should be cheap or free, or it's not a true teaching.

Well, David Shen has many students who take his courses and I yet see any complaints about the teachings or dissatisfaction with his methods. It almost all comes from people who never met him anf never took his classes. True, it is pretty expensive.

There are also too many stories of what is happening between him and WLP. Those stories are just that, stories, so take them with a grain of salt. They may or may not be true, but does it really matter? We all have teachers that we moved away from to study different things. If you can't afford DS's courses, why is there a need to complain about how he is after your money (which you don't have anyway)? People who pay for his classes are not forced to take them and they don't complain afterwards.

There are so many free or almost free alternatives to expensive courses that will give you great benefits. Don't bad mouth imprefections of a teacher who charges too much. He is also a simple human being with all the faults and imperfections. No one is perfect... you will never find a perfect teacher or a perfect human being. That's the beauty of life. :)

Could you please talk about some detailed stories between David and Wang? I believe everyone is interested in them.

Could you please talk about some detailed stories between David and Wang? I believe everyone is interested in them.

I don't know any stories, and if I did, I already forgot.

So, to summarize, my point of view on the practices that David Shen says of practice and even teach:

The street lighting has nothing to do with the school of thunder and lightning, is highly detrimental to the body of the practitioner,

is extremely dangerous for its practitioners and those close to the practitioner,

power generated is completely dissociated from the knowledge and character of the person, then an evil person could reach the heights of this practice,

practice is therefore to serve a hypertrophic ego that believes that it is so important to have to live forever

generates power and increases selfishness and egocentrism, gives the possibility not to look to their personal growth that is replaced by growth of ego

In practice, it repeats the myth of the Tower of Babel, the practitioner tries to rise from the bottom up with its own strengths and build a being that is beyond the laws of nature, we try to construct a devil can be so compact enough to be harder than the scythe of death, the guardian of the threshold,

this practice is not therefore considered the importance of the spirit that is the true ruler and tries to replace it by the ego and the proposed evolution of the spirit replaces a personal and necessarily short-sighted

Besides all this, when David (and for me would be the best, since the character) was not reached actual powers of energy, then it could use some trivial tricks to generate the electricity that I also have heard,

However the fact that David now has moved in the tradition of MIAO is probably a marketing move, just to have a greater chance of having students and to broaden his target presone poor but present in more than

the fact that he can talk about lighting and want to give an initiation of this is, in my opinion, ludicrous, in fact only an enlightened would do something like this and he is not.

My experience of David is that he does not even know to be a good friend, let alone be a teacher.

The only kind of Artist David even remotely resembles is a Profesional Bullshit Artist.

Exactly, I felt it when I first saw the advertisement for the seminar, before it was canceled. Same thing with Silk Pajama Max ... it works for them <_<

Edited by Starjumper7

You speak of enlightenment, and still yet of 'evil' .. and further of overgrown ego's.

I will be the first to admit that energetic practices (edit: DON'T) necessarily lead to enlightenment... (if one's emphasis in their practice is concentrated solely upon the corporeal... [how few of you 'taoists' have learned to appreciate that the mysterious pass leads to the great mother...])

...But I think I might like to be evil when I get older. Especially if I could throw thunder-bolts !! -Do you really think I could live a long time if I learned this practice??

can you give us any more details on what it is supposed to be??

Edited by findley

Lol I've read some of the stories already (weird).

Anyway sorry to cut in guys but who do you exactly mean by Jiang?.. Im wondering if its the one im thinking of.

If you would pm me I'd appreciate it.

Bye =D

For those who do not know the lies David or his students have told, which have been proven to be false, I guess you are new to the Taobums' forum, so please look through the many discussions in this forum about David, Seandenty, John Chang, Wang Liping, Jiang, and all the bulls@it about sucking Chi from bulls. Maybe the reason those sessions are so costly is because the bulls used are wagyu cows...or commonly known for Kobe beef. I guess many people do not believe David or his stories is because...I don't know....maybe it's all the lies he told.

Edited by ramus

The only kind of Artist David even remotely resembles is a Proffesional Bullshit Artist.

Exactly, I felt it when I first saw the advertisement for the seminar, before it was canceled.

To be more specific, I felt dismayed and saddened that a person like Wang was associated with and doing business with such a person as David even though I had never heard of David before. It is possible that Wang picked up on my sentiment and that is why he canceled the seminar.

Edited by Starjumper7

Exactly, I felt it when I first saw the advertisement for the seminar, before it was canceled.

To be more specific, I felt dismayed and saddened that a person like Wang was associated with and doing business with such a person as David even though I had never heard of David before. It is possible that Wang picked up on my sentiment and that is why he canceled the seminar.

Please take a serious look at what you are saying.

OK, I related how I felt, and I conjectured a possibility. Please clarify your intent.

Nevermind

You mean Master Wang realized what kind of man David is, similar to what you were thinking, and not that he picked up on your thoughts, right?

No, I meant what I said, and I know it is only a possibility. However, I have experienced telepathy with a couple of masters before, have experienced being 'read' by those and other masters from far away, I know I am a strong 'sender', and I know the seminar was canceled right after I had my flash of emotion. So, who knows, who cares, I don't.

Undoubtedly Wang knew about David prior to that, but perhaps my sentiment kicked him into action. Who knows, who cares, I don't.

Edited by Starjumper7

I think we should start making a list of all the schools David has been kicked out from. Well not kicked out,But his presence is not really wanted. This guy pissed off two of the worlds most powerful men & now hes paying dearly for it. Im told recently his financial situation & personal life are a complete mess. The guys on the brink of destruction.

He has disagreements with

1) Mantak Chia for trying to take over his business

2) John Chang for selling tours to his home & stealing the Mopai concepts and theories for His LEI SHAN DAO crap.

3) Luo Kang Qi in Thailand. The rumours started by David stated that He (Luo) was a drunk & gambling addict. However it was later discovered the real intent behind these comments - He accepted (RETURNING STUDENTS ) without Davids permission or giving him commision.

4) Wang Liping for spreading countless lies about seminars & trying to monopolize on Him. Do you remember the letter that was posted here on Behalf of Wang Liping. He was a complete wake up to david & his overcharging tactics.

I could go on but time wont allow it,

Regards,