Spirit Ape

Who is trained in Micro Cosmic Orbit?

Once learning about the Dan Tian I began to work on filling and that was it.

How does one "fill the Dantien"? Can someone explain how they filled their Dantien (I presume by using their heart-mind, not the brain)? Do Dantien's ever leak? Did you uh..somehow "cook" your Filled Dantien? I'm unsure as to whether Dantien Filling is something KAP 1 teaches. Maybe it's taught in KAP 2? :unsure:

Only reason I am posting is because just last night it happened, with no effort (aside from longevity breathing to just relax). I wasn't intentionally focusing energy or trying to even get it to move. Once learning about the Dan Tian I began to work on filling and that was it. Have been working on Dan Tian for some time.

Became aware of an energetic flow, up the spine on inhale, down the front on exhale, just like described here. Was a very wonderful energetic experience. Did not try to control, just was aware and enjoyed.

Another poster said this was a lesser energetic experience than kundalini rising. Maybe so, but not by much. Have experienced two kundalini "shots" upward on separate occassions.

My reason for posting is simple.

I was not trying to circulate MCO, create it, or anything along those lines. I was simply focusing on my breathing using the longevity method when I became aware of energetic flow. Once I became aware of it, I had a good idea of what it was based upon research here, but did not try to move it or play, just let it be. Spent duration of time enjoying the experience, not trying to analyze it or control it while it was happening.

Similar experience with my first kundalini shot. Sitting there, breathing, relaxing, then all of the sudden a huge burst of energy ran from bottom of spine up to crown. Startled me, so I became fearful and it stopped. Again, was not intending or concentrating, just happened.

Could you give a brief description of how to do longevity breathing?

Yea, from what I've read so far...it appears the basic method for opening the MCO is:

1) Build up the xia dan tian (usually by sitting stillness meditation).

2) Once it's reached a critical mass (often after 100 days), you may feel the dan tian start rotating like a ball (or an eddy current).

3) At this point, you want to make sure it's rotating in the direction of "up the spine, down the front."

4) With a little intention or daigong help (if not naturally), it may then start pushing jing up your spine. At this point, you can help guide it in the Little Orbit as an intermediate step...or the full-on MCO.

orbit.gif

5) Later on this can be expanded out to the limbs with the macrocosmic orbit.

taoism_circulationofthelight_microcosmic_orbit.gif

6) Opening the kundalini is a similar process, but with a different result. It technically opens the chong mai (sushumna) rather than the du & ren mai (governing & conception vessels).

Ferran Blasco Aguasca has pointed out that the circulation along the Microcosmic Orbit and the circulation in the center running back and forth from perineum to crown are two different things. There are practices in Chinese Alchemy that emphasize working with the chong channel, the thursting or central channel, which seem to be more similar to what the Indian Tantrics refer to in kundalini yoga

So, I think just focusing on the dan tian will provide the fuel for the body to do much of the rest on its own. But from casual anecdotes so far, this first step alone may easily take ~200-300 hours! And then maybe another 100-200 hrs for the remaining steps. Which is why so few people actually open their MCO. It's a big milestone that takes a lot of work, with very little feedback at first. Although, the big first step appears to be the main hurdle...after which your body may go more on autopilot. So, if you can get to the confirmatory sign where you feel your dan tian rotating, I think you're basically home free after that. B)

PS - Note that since I have not opened mine yet, that all this is basically just speculative conjecture on my part.

Edited by vortex

Some of what Michael Lomax teaches and initiates in you is this filling of the lower dantien. I felt it immediately during my first Stillness Movement training. He said that this is the starting place and that with practice everything else will come in time. I think he does not go into a lot of detail about the development process so you can discover it yourself and not limit yourself by a linear understanding.

I have enjoyed not having to mix and match practices to try an find a combination that does not give me energy overload problems. I went from AYP with a bunch of different practices, to Kunlun with just a few, to Stillness Movement with one. I sure that I will at some point complicate things again, but for now I'm happy not to have continually try to rebalance various practices. It seems like I have progressed more in the past 4 months than in the previous year. Maybe I'm just at the place where I would progress quickly no matter what I did, but it sure is nice not to have to worry with practice, I just have to do it.

• Like 1

RE: Longevity Breathing

Longevity Breathing's basic roots are similar to belly breathing. Some helpful information:

1) 70% rule - find the limit of discomfort and work at 70% of that

2) Focus on diaphram. Down on inhale, up on exhale. Let your diaphram do the work, not your lungs.

3) I imagine a line running from my belly button to my spine. I then expand outward and downward. This pulls diaphram down, filling lungs.

4) Incorporate "side" (love handles) and "lower back". For lack of better words, think of a balloon filling with air.

5) Incorporate middle and upper back. Take the image of the balloon, incorporate the middle and upper back, and now you have a "pear shape". Again, one of the more helpful things Bruce mentioned was keeping the front of the chest still. Of course it may expand out a little (thinking too much will hinder the exercise). As for the upper back, I like to bring my shoulders frontwards on inhale, back on exhale.

A little conscious effort at the beginning and then you can settle into a "motion" where you're not pushing out or moving your shoulders - the diaphram is doing the work and their movement is a result. From there you can begin to "ignore chatter" (quiet the mind) and focus on energizing Dan Tian. One of the easier breathing exercises that becomes "automatic" for lack of better words.

you could post more often :)

what system do you train in?

If you are cold and you are still practicing qi gong, you need to try something else.

You should be able to build up a fire in your belly quickly, if not immediately.

Since its turning winter, what about collecting solar radiation?

Qi is a combo of interstitial pressure, fascial pressure, blood flow, thermodynamic movement and nervous system sensations. You should not only be able to control all of these aspects, but pinpoint individual sensations for different therapeutic results. If a patient is freezing cold, I use the thermodynamic aspect of qi to warm them up. If they have neuropathy, its time for a little nervous system electric movement. You get the idea.

Cooking the qi is something absolutely essential to making higher concentrations and levels of energy.

Movement of qi is wonderful, but relatively ineffective in the long run if you want more energy. You may be really good at moving a small stream of qi, but you want people to feel a tidal wave!

The orbit I am trained in, takes approximately 12 years to complete.

I myself am only 5 years into it.

:)

How does one "fill the Dantien"? Can someone explain how they filled their Dantien (I presume by using their heart-mind, not the brain)? Do Dantien's ever leak? Did you uh..somehow "cook" your Filled Dantien? I'm unsure as to whether Dantien Filling is something KAP 1 teaches. Maybe it's taught in KAP 2? :unsure:

I know of one way that I actually FELT.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a person who really, really despises visualization. I can't get it and if I do get to the brainwave state (to include dream state) somebody else hijacks it.

Edited by lino

???????????

Just practice your Tummo & 5pb you will have more chi than you know what to do with it. And Dan tien will be filled.

Someone asked what system I practice. That's a difficult question.

I have had many teachers up to this point.

Glenn Morris was one of them. Sharon Smith with the Mantak Chia group. Roger Jahnke with the Integral Association of Tai Chi and Qi Gong. Zufeng Sheng for acupuncture and my original tai chi. Master Lin who is deceased for my inherited Tai Chi yang family lineage. Some teachers from Wudang that will remain nameless as they are not publicly teaching, I must respect their privacy. Carlota Velarde who is also deceased for my Native American shamanistic path. (Lakota medicine woman). I have met and hung out with Michael Winn, Mr. Towler, Jim MacRitchie and numerous other lights of the known cause. There are many others including my students, whom I learn from everyday! I believe it was Santiago who stated something about being able to meditate and access any energy needed from any source. This was a wise statement which everyone should look into...

So after a number of years of gathering these various schools of thought, I have a very intricate collection of techniques. Since I also have a Master's of Science in Oriental Medicine and will eventually have my OMD, I also have the technical backing to explain both the energetic and physical aspects of what is happening. I recently spoke at a Neuroscience division in Denver. And I will be in Santa Barbara for a tai chi training in late October.

My students learn wai dan methods, nei dan methods and a micro orbit from wudang which is extremely detailed and long, I may add. I have not taught the general public as I work at the acupuncture college in boulder as of now. But soon in the future, I will be joining the ranks of the seminar provider as well as the writers guild.

My purpose here was to just provide some help along the way, but since you asked, that is what my ego has been up to this life. Now I must make it sit and shut up again!

:)

I know you will if we can get a qigong workshop together in your area that you can attend.

ROFL :P

cgon393l.jpg

you could post more often :)

Well said :)

Stephen, your posts have helped clarify a few questions I have had for years if not decades. Thank you :)

Edited by booktreasure

???????????

Just practice your Tummo & 5pb you will have more chi than you know what to do with it. And Dan tien will be filled.

Thanks! I asked because I've mainly been focusing on Secret Smile since it's my weakest link. :)

DANG

Discretion violation <_<

Post Deleted

Edited by lino

It is just so cool that there are these various resources and 'camps' in TTBs (or at least accessable through TTBs window). I see people gravitating to certain places and appreciating, the clear vibe that they're progressing in whatever ways... Others whose specialty explorations show up in their blogs...

:):):)

???????????

Hmmmmm...

Maybe she would get it faster if she did more shaking and cardio?

I know that I felt the heat in the Dan Tien for the first time after doing cardio earlier in the day :mellow:

I neglected this stuff. There also has to be a smoother way to break up blockages. My liver "discharged" a lot of energy after a breathing session a couple of years ago. I thought I was having a heart attack on the right side of my body.

Also, "Robert" asks if the shaking would work for him.

Edited by lino