GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

On 7/5/2020 at 10:04 AM, manitou said:

I suspect that this is true - it just feels true.  Failing to notice.  But nothing's coming to mind as I look back.  Maybe I failed to notice that I was a raging alcoholic for many long years.

Can you think of something in your life that went awry because you failed to notice something, Creighton?

Great question.  I don't think so.

Perhaps hindsight allows me to analyze and make judgements about past occurences, but that is all part of my storyteller and prone to the failings and blindspots of my assumptions and interpretation of how I view what I recall.  It's also dependent on the quality of my recall and what rises to focus and what details slip away.  Though I have no faith that such interpretations are accurate, they will be personally generated reflections.  Being a detective, my Uncle always says that eyewitness testimony is the least reliable...  I've come to agree with him as I explore my own memory and recall of events my wife and I have shared over 32 years. 

Whereas all that lies beyond my awareness, effectively does not exist for me...  I cannot recall what I am not aware of, and what lies beyond my awareness entirely, cannot touch that process.

This is a lovely catch-22/paradox for me.  It's why I resonate so with the quote and why the pivot of my process has evolved into unfolding and nurturing a perpetual Doubting of my mental processes in total.  My experience the last few years is that, all that lies within my mental process is prone to the interpretations and skew of my assumptions and conditioning... or lies beyond awareness rendering it effectively, invisible and uninteractable.

I guess that's why when I encountered it in a shared teaching by Alexandra David-Neel, it veritably rang the bell of my entire body/mind awareness. 

Doubt with a capital D... has become my most treasured tool in the box lately. 

It

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Ray Bradbury tended toward Buddhism, Though it ended up mostly a patchwork of many religions and philosophies.

"I sit there and cry because I haven’t done any of this. It’s a God-given thing, and I’m so grateful, so, so grateful. The best description of my career as a writer is, ‘At play in the fields of the Lord". ---- Ray Bradbury

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

Think about what others do not think about.

Look at what others do not look at.

Listen to what others do not listen to.

Do what others do not do.

• Like 2

I have become simple-minded, and I am much the better for it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/11/2020 at 3:13 PM, silent thunder said:

Doubt with a capital D... has become my most treasured tool in the box lately.

I Doubt that.

:lol:

• Haha 2

"Proof that we don't understand death is that we give dead people a pillow."----- Jerry Seinfeld

• Like 1

"If you're one step in front of everyone, you're a genius....if you're two steps in front of everyone, a lunatic." Unknown 

• Like 4

"A man is not fit to live unless he finds something worth dying for."

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Real dialogue is where two or more people become willing to suspend their certainty in each other's presence.
~ David Bohm

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

"Your Father is the Wind at your back.

Your Mother is the birds in the trees..."

~Ghost of Tsushima

an example of the dialogue from the game.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 6:17 PM, silent thunder said:

Real dialogue is where two or more people become willing to suspend their certainty in each other's presence.
~ David Bohm

standard for discussions on the way.

• Like 2

The Perfect Man is godlike. Though the great swamps blaze, they cannot burn him; though the great rivers freeze, they cannot chill him; though swift lightning splits the hills and howling gales shake the sea, they cannot frighten him. A man like this rides the clouds and mist, straddles the sun and moon, and wanders beyond the four seas. Even life and death have no effect on him, much less the rules of profit and loss!

--Zhuangzi

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2020 at 9:13 AM, Taomeow said:

The Perfect Man is godlike. Though the great swamps blaze, they cannot burn him; though the great rivers freeze, they cannot chill him; though swift lightning splits the hills and howling gales shake the sea, they cannot frighten him. A man like this rides the clouds and mist, straddles the sun and moon, and wanders beyond the four seas. Even life and death have no effect on him, much less the rules of profit and loss!

--Zhuangzi

The perfect Woman?

Projecting the Spirit

There is a body outside the body,

Which has nothing to do with anything produced by magical arts

Making this aware energy completely pervasive Is the living, active, unified, original spirit

The bright moon congeals the gold liquid

Blue lotus refines jade reality

When you've cooked the marrow of the sun and moon

The pearl is so bright you don't worry about poverty--------------- Sun Bu'er

Sun Bu'er (Sun Pu-erh, Chinese: 孫不二), one of the Taoist Seven Masters of Quanzhen, lived c. 1119–1182 C.E.

After twelve years of practice, at Fengxiangu cave, she attained the Dao and, it is said, became an immortal. Sun was a teacher with several disciples, founding the Purity and Tranquility School.

Sun Bu'er wrote a set of fourteen poems and is credited with various alchemical work.

Sun Buer is one of a group of female Taoist masters collectively referred to as The Immortal Sisters.

Many of Sun Buer's poems focus on Taoist practices of inner alchemy, using a precise, yet highly metaphoric language in reference to sacred energies and the subtle anatomy. 

Edited by moment
  • Thanks 1

The Lotus opens. Movement from earth, through water, from fire to air. Out and in beyond life and death now, beyond inner and outer, sense and non-sense, meaning and futility, male and female, being and non-being, Light and darkness, void and full. Beyond all duality, or non-duality, beyond and beyond. Disincarnation. I breathe again.”

R.D. Laing

• Like 3

On 7/22/2020 at 9:13 AM, Taomeow said:

--Zhuangzi

I think our brain is a muscle that is exercised when holding that steady, still point of consciousness, even when our bodies may be moving or walking down the street.  I've noticed that this is a skill that grows steadily and subtly within our consciousness, when practiced.  I often wonder if the great ones - the sages, Christs, Buddhas, - were capable of moving energy in a way that warped time a bit, perhaps speeding up a healing practice - or going into the background of early childhood but observing it in the Now as it aligns with current manifestations, like illness.  

-Barb Ortega

:lol:

• Thanks 1

A great artist has three ages: Childhood, Mature Childhood, and Immortality.  -- Paula Volkova

• Like 4

Learn the alchemy true human beings know. The moment you accept what troubles you've been given the door will open.  

---Rumi

• Like 2

Lose yourself in silence--- Rumi

• Like 3

Blaming it on you

Where does it age?

When is it untrue?

Death's visage?

Exit and entrances

I still ponder

Burn and rave trances

as I wander

Unconquerable

in my still soul?

Now manageable

A now emptied bowl

Am I newly sprung

or ancient found?

• Like 2

I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.
--Abraham Lincoln

• Like 5

A gaze blank pitiless   

ignores the just pain
as the elite 
eat the world

our many common bonds 
lack all conviction
while great evil
kills the good
  • Like 1