GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

All countries in this world are territories of evil. ~ Rama ( Yoga Vasistha)

When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

Compassion is all inclusive. Compassion knows no boundaries. Compassion comes with awareness, and awareness breaks all narrow territories.~ Amit Ray

Kindness and awareness work together. Through awareness we understand the underlying beauty of everything and every being. ~ Amit Ray

I wanted only to live in accord with the promptings which came from my true self.  Why was that so very difficult?
― Hermann Hesse
  • Like 1

Dzogchen basically deals with the innate intelligence or intrinsic awareness which all beings possess. It means seeing non-dualistically, rather than in the usual dualistic object-subject dichotomy. By definition, delusion is dualistic, while non-duality is ultimate wisdom. Dzogchen doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with Buddhism. It is the pure and perfect nature of all things. ~ Lama Surya Das

Because awareness is self-existing, there is no effort needed or anyone who can make an effort to get it or lose it. The natural state is never lost. It is not an appearance and therefore can never disappear. It is always the same – it is not an entity.  Realise that the conceptual thinker and conceptual thoughts seemingly obscure the non-conceptual natural state. Pause a thought even for an instant and the natural state is fully evident. STOP and SEE. In the seeing, pure awareness gets used to itself. ~  Sailor bob adamson

Edited by Ajay0

Mindfulness is nonconceptual awareness. Another English term for sati is “bare attention.” It is not thinking. It does not get involved with thought or concepts. It does not get hung up on ideas or opinions or memories. It just looks.

Mindfulness registers experiences, but it does not compare them. It does not label them or categorize them. It just observes everything as if it was occurring for the first time. It is not analysis that is based on reflection and memory. It is, rather, the direct and immediate experiencing of whatever is happening, without the medium of thought. It comes before thought in the perceptual process. ~ Henepola Gunaratana

Mindfulness is present-moment awareness. It takes place in the here and now. It is the observance of what is happening right now, in the present. It stays forever in the present, perpetually on the crest of the ongoing wave of passing time.~ Henepola Gunaratana

The watcher is always above the mind. The watcher is never part of the mind. 

The mind is just like a TV screen on which thoughts, dreams, imaginations, projections, desires, and a thousand and one things go on passing. The watcher is not on the screen, he is sitting in the movie hall. But the problem arises when the watcher becomes identified with something on the movie screen. ~ Osho

Don’t be under the illusion that while watching the film you really remain a watcher. Don’t be mistaken. You become a participant too; you don’t remain outside the film. Once you are inside the theater, for a short while you enter into the film as well. You begin to like someone in the film, and you dislike someone else. You feel sorry for somebody, while you feel happy about someone else. After a little while you become identified, you become a participant in the film.

It will be indeed difficult to remain a witness in life if we cannot manage to do so while watching a film. ~ Osho

It is the self-aware screen of awareness, upon which the drama of experience is playing and out of which it is made, that becomes so intimately involved with the objective content of its experience that it seems to lose itself in it and, as a result, overlooks or forgets its own presence, just as a dreamer’s mind loses itself in its own dream at night. ~ Rupert Spira

In reality, which means in our actual experience, all experience is one seamless substance. The duality between the inside self and the outside object, world or other is never actually experienced. It is always imagined. ~ Rupert Spira

Mind is madness. Only when you go beyond the mind, will there be Meditation. ~ Sadhguru

25 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Really?

image.jpeg.2baec45785c2d3fa7f7a1bf0704b1d20.jpeg

Attachment??

Feed, potty train, clothe, rinse repeat for 18 to 24 years.  Then kick'em out.  For their own good and yours

addon.. <heck I'm not even so sure if potty training is required.  just open the door and let'em 2 or 3 time a day>

Edited by thelerner

One day you will ask me which is more important?

My life or yours?

I will say mine

and you will walk away not knowing

that you are my life.

Khalil Gibran

• Like 5

Be present as the watcher of your mind – of your thoughts and emotions as well as your reactions in various situations. Be at least as interested in your reactions as in the situation or person that causes you to react. ~ Eckhart Tolle

Just stay focused. Don't react. Just be a witness and you will see the magic of it.  ~ -Swami Chidanand Saraswati

It takes a little time to create a gap between the witness and the mind. Once the gap is there, you are in for a great surprise, that you are not the mind, that you are the witness, a watcher. ~ Shri Krushnamani maharaj

Don’t be a storehouse of memories. Leave past, future, and even present thoughts behind. Be a witness to life unfolding by itself. Be free of all attachments, fears, and concerns by keeping your mind inside your own heart. ~ Mooji

Become the witness of all phenomena that you see and be free. ~ Robert Adams

• Like 1

It is not impermanence that makes us suffer. What makes us suffer is wanting things to be permanent when they are not. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

'All conditioned things are impermanent' — when one sees this with wisdom, one turns away from suffering. ~ Buddha ( Dhammapada 277)

We are identifying with what is passing so fear comes. We are trying to make steady and permanent what is by nature impermanent.

~ Mooji

Practicing Mindfulness not only keeps us awake but also keeps us aware of the impermanence of life; therefore, we have a greater appreciation of it. We care. Life matters. The moments of our lives matter. ~ Ora Nadrich

This physical world, though necessary to our evolution, is the embodiment of impermanence, of constant change. Thus, we take care not to become overly attached to it. ~ Sivaya Subramuniyaswami

Once we see that everything is impermanent and ungraspable and that we create a huge amount of suffering if we are attached to things staying the same, we realize that relaxing and letting go is a wiser way to live. Letting go does not mean not caring about things. It means caring about them in a flexible and wise way. ~ Jack Kornfield

By contemplating the impermanence of everything in the world, we are forced to recognize that every time we do something could be the last time we do it, and this recognition can invest the things we do with a significance and intensity that would otherwise be absent. We will no longer sleepwalk through our life. ~ William Braxton Irvine

• Like 1

On 9/24/2023 at 11:09 AM, blue eyed snake said:

not really a quote

but like it

dinges.jpeg

This reminds me of spotify podcast- 'It's Just F*ckin Meditation with Yogi Bryan'.  I collect guided meditation and Mr. Bryan's style and induction are a fresh take on such meditations.  Many are quite good, though not for the timid.  

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 12:41 AM, silent thunder said:

One day you will ask me which is more important?

My life or yours?

I will say mine

and you will walk away not knowing

that you are my life.

Khalil Gibran

And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and wind longs to play with your hair.

If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

All that spirits desire, spirits attain.

Khalil Gibran, woulda liked to hang out with that cat.

in the meanwhile, listening to the sweet music of psithurism,,

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 3

Peace is complete awareness. In this state of awareness, we cultivate and combine compassion and wisdom. In this state of awareness, we are alive, awake, we take responsibility for our actions. In this state, we are not driven by emotion, we control our emotions and actions.

In this state, we are patient, non-violent, we do not judge. In this state, we nurture our Inner Wealth – our innate values – and balance them with outer (material) wealth in a way that benefits all sentient beings. This is peace.
~ Thaye Dorje, His Holiness the 17th Gyalwa Karmapa.

The real source of happiness rests right here right now within our consciousness, within our hearts.
~ Thaye Dorje

• Like 2

The way to win in a battle according to military science
is to know the rhythms of the specific opponents, and use
rhythms that your opponents do not expect, producing
formless rhythms from rhythms of wisdom

Musashi

• Like 1

Goin back 100 years when crazy ol' Ron Jeremy was on the board, he had this quote that I thought was very profound.

'How will your practice help you, when you're dead?'

Those who go real deep, real hardcore seem better able to answer that.  maybe.  

There is a Reality which is Indivisible, One, Alone, the Source and Being of all; not a thing, nor even a mind, but pure Spirit or clear Consciousness; and we are That and nothing but That, for That is our true Nature; and the only way to find It is to look steadily within, where are to be found utmost peace, unfading joy, and eternal life itself. ~ Douglas Harding

We are all more or less ill till we find  by  Self-enquiry our Oneness with everyone else. — Douglas Harding

The moment you become aware of the ego in you, it is strictly speaking no longer the ego, but just an old, conditioned mind-pattern. Ego implies unawareness. Awareness and ego cannot coexist. ~ Eckhart Tolle

There is only one reality, but there are many ways that reality can be interpreted. ~ B.K.S.Iyengar

Every ego is a master of selective perception and distorted interpretation. ~ Eckhart Tolle

If you like or dislike something, you cannot see it the way it is. Either you exaggerate it in a positive way or in a negative way. ~ Sadhguru

Awareness means grasping life just the way it is, without contamination by mental projections. ~ Sadhguru

When there is attention (awareness), goodness flowers; when there is no attention, every form of evil comes into being. So attention is the only virtue. ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

You miss the real by lack of attention and create the unreal by excess of imagination. ~ Nisargadatta Maharaj

Evil is the shadow of inattention. ~ Nisargadatta Maharaj

There is nothing like ignorance, only inattention. ~ Nisargadatta Maharaj