animals not one is naked.

Ye make him clothe himself with might for raiment. Odana's

mouth is a home-woven vesture.

52 Whatever thou may say at dice, in meeting, whatever falsehood

through desire of riches,

Ye two, about one common warp uniting, deposit all impurity

within it.

Win thou the rain: approach the Gods. Around thee thou from

the skin shalt make the smoke rise upward.

Soon to be, decked with butter, all-embracing, come to this

world wherewith one birth unites thee.

54 In many a shape hath heaven transformed its body, as in itself

is known, of varied color.

Cleansing the bright, the dark form hath it banished: the red

form in the fire to thee I offer.

Atharvan & Angiras

Whatever is done lovingly, with righteous purity and with peace of mind, is a good action. Everything which is done with the stain of desire and with agitation filling the mind is classified as a bad action. ~ Ramana Maharshi

The result of spiritual practice should be our inner transformation into better human beings. After practicing for months or years, we should be less prone to anger, pride, and jealousy. Our practice should lead us to a vaster, calmer mind. ~ Shechem Rabjam Rinpoche

• Like 1

“The contradiction so puzzling to the ordinary way of thinking comes from the fact that we have to use language to communicate our inner experience, which in its very nature transcends linguistics.”
-- D.T. Suzuki

• Like 3

Sin repeatedly perpetrated, destroys intelligence; and the man who has lost intelligence, repeatedly commits sin.

Virtue repeatedly practised, enhances intelligence; and the man whose intelligence has increased, enhances intelligence; and the man whose intelligence has increased repeatedly practises virtue. ~ Vidura Neeti (Mahabharatha)

Saintliness is not dumbness! Divine perceptions are not incapacitating! The active expression of virtue gives rise to the keenest intelligence. ~ Sri Yukteshwar ( Autobiography of a Yogi)

The Fool is of the gold of air. He has the horns of Dionysus Zagreus, and between them is the phallic cone of white light representing the influence from the Crown [Kether: see the position of the Path of Aleph on the Tree of Life.] upon him. He is shown against the background of air, dawning from space; and his attitude is that of one bursting unexpectedly upon the world.

He is clad in green, according to the tradition of Spring; but his shoes are of the phallic gold of the sun. In his right hand he bears the wand, tipped with a pyramid of white, of the All-Father. In his left hand he bears the flaming pine- cone, of similar significance, but more definitely indicating vegetable growth; and from his left shoulder hangs a bunch of purple grapes. Grapes represent fertility, sweetness, and the basis of ecstasy. This ecstasy is shown by the stem of the grapes developing into rainbow - hued spirals. The Form of the Universe.

This suggests the Threefold Veil of the Negative manifesting, by his intervention, in divided light. Upon this spiral whorl are other attributions of godhead; the vulture of Maat, the dove of Venus (Isis or Mary), and the ivy sacred to his devotees. There is also the butterfly of many-coloured air and the winged globe with its twin serpents, a symbol which is echoed and fortified by the twin infants embracing on the middle spiral. Above them hangs the benediction of three flowers in one. Fawning upon him is the tiger; and beneath his feet in the Nile with its lotus stems crouches the crocodile. Resuming all his many forms and many-coloured images in the centre of the figure, the focus of the microcosm is the radiant sun. The whole picture is a glyph of the creative light.

- Crowley

A knowledge of virtue is to precede its practice. A rational understanding of the nature and meaning of goodness, self-control, truth, wisdom and justice is the pre-condition of their being practised in life. ~ Swami Krishnananda

“If a behaviour has resulted from absence of the three poisons (attachment, hatred and ignorance), as the causal motive, it can be understood as a clean behaviour and a right behaviour; if a behaviour has resulted from, or is tainted with, any of the three poisons, it can be understood as an unclean behaviour and a bad behaviour.” ~ Samdhong Rinpoche

Karma moves in two directions. If we act virtuously, the seed we plant will result in happiness. If we act non-virtuously, suffering results. ~ Sakyong Mipham

This stability of the mind (samadhi) can be brought about through sustained practice of meditation on one subject. At the same time, an orderly mind is necessary for the effective practice of meditation. However, to achieve a qualified samadhi, we must also have acquired, before and during our meditation practice, good conduct and high moral standards. ~ Samdhong Rinpoche

1. Mind precedes all mental states. Mind is their chief; they are all mind-wrought. If a person speaks or acts with an impure mind, suffering follows him like the wheel that follows the foot of the ox.

2. Mind precedes all mental states. Mind is their chief; they are all mind-wrought. If a person speaks or acts with a pure mind, happiness follows him like his never-departing shadow

3. "He abused me, he struck me, he overpowered me, he robbed me." Those who harbor such thoughts do not still their hatred.

4. "He abused me, he struck me, he overpowered me, he robbed me." Those who do not harbor such thoughts still their hatred.

5. Hatred is never appeased by hatred in this world. Hatred is appeased by non-hatred alone. This is an eternal law. 

6. There are those who do not realize that one day we all must die. But those who do realize this settle their quarrels.

7. Just as a storm throws down a weak tree, so does Mara overpower the man who lives for the pursuit of pleasures, who is uncontrolled in his senses, immoderate in eating, indolent, and dissipated.

- Siddhartha Guatama,

from the Dhammapada, Ch. 1

Be whole, not perfect.

Kazuaki Tanahashi

Momiji Yamanishi:  He was a teacher of mine at a Buddhist Monastery. I asked him should I go back and try to correct that what I was working on. He replied, be whole not perfect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The feverishness for perfection often makes you miserable. If you are vigilantly pursuing the perfection of things and situations, then you are bound to be anxious and angry.

It’s not possible for all things to be perfect all the time. Even the best, the greatest of actions performed with the noblest of intentions can have imperfections. The tendency of the mind to hold on to the imperfection makes our feelings and minds imperfect and negative. Wisdom lies in getting out of these cycles and staying untouched and strong from within.  ~ Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

Contentment, perfection and siddhī dawns in that person who is happy and contented with whatever has come; who does not hanker for something more. It is so strange, and yet very true! Be contented with what you have and you will see perfection or siddhī dawning in you.  ~ Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

• Like 1

Remote in the desert of Araby lies the nameless city, crumbling and inarticulate, its low walls nearly hidden by the sands of uncounted ages. It must have been thus before the first stones of Memphis were laid, and while the bricks of Babylon were yet unbaked. There is no legend so old as to give it a name, or to recall that it was ever alive; but it is told of in whispers around campfires and muttered about by grandams in the tents of sheiks, so that all the tribes shun it without wholly knowing why. It was of this place that Abdul Alhazred the mad poet dreamed on the night before he sang his unexplainable couplet:

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,

And with strange aeons even death may die.”

I should have known that the Arabs had good reason for shunning the nameless city, the city told of in strange tales but seen by no living man, yet I defied them and went into the untrodden waste with my camel. I alone have seen it, and that is why no other face bears such hideous lines of fear as mine; why no other man shivers so horribly when the night-wind rattles the windows. When I came upon it in the ghastly stillness of unending sleep it looked at me, chilly from the rays of a cold moon amidst the desert’s heat. And as I returned its look I forgot my triumph at finding it, and stopped still with my camel to wait for the dawn.

- H. P. Lovecraft 

318583022-473811644778025-60068911662593

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing. He is not a good man who, without a protest, allows wrong to be committed in his name, and with the means which he helps to supply, because he will not trouble himself to use his mind on the subject. --- John Stuart Mill, 1867

"`Yes Scarlet: the blood of their bodies; the blood of their souls,' he says.
  "`Release your will from bondage. Rend their bodies; bend their minds; bend their wills; beat back the past. The present is all there is. No consequences and no guilt. Nothing is wrong in the present. The will is free-totally free; no feelings; no effort; pure thought-separated. The Will postulating the Will,' he says.
  "`Will, Sex, Love, Blood, Door, Power, Will. Logical,' he says.
  "`The doorway of Plenty. The Great Door of the Great Beast.'
  "He repeats the incantation; invokes the door opening to the realm
of the Beast." 

- L. Ron Hubbard

314660752-696611311742470-86004935851156

Jouw verwachtingen zijn niet mijn verplichtingen
(your expectations are not my obligations)

Edited by Cobie

Do virtuous deeds, as this will make your intellect pure, and the supremely blissful Satchidananda (Self) will be reflected in this refined intellect. You will overflow with such joyous contentment that you will spontaneously share it with one and all.~ Anandmurti Gurumaa

Unless you have a morality, ethical principles that you are following with your bodily action, vocal action, mental action or in a certain non-violent, disciplined way, you are not able to meditate. If you do not meditate you cannot train the mind to concentrate. And without training the mind, you cannot awake the wisdom. ~ Samdong Rinpoche

• Like 1

Why do I want to conquer the world?  Because I dream of creating a world where a girl carrying a large dish of pure gold can walk for thousands of miles, from one end of the world to the other, without losing either her dish or her honor. -- Genghis Khan

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Why do I want to conquer the world?  Because I dream of creating a world where a girl carrying a large dish of pure gold can walk for thousands of miles, from one end of the world to the other, without losing either her dish or her honor. -- Genghis Khan

The cognitive dissonance behind that statement is gobsmacking.

It reminds me of the observation made by George Carlin.

"Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity." :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"God sleeps in the minerals, awakens in plants, walks in animals, and thinks in man."

-Arthur Young

• Like 1