GrandTrinity

Ming Men

the drill where you twist your torso and slap the ltt and the mm with your hands is a nice little wake up, recharge, warmup exercise and a good one to do b4 meditation.

http://longmenpai.wikitip.info/2011/08/ming-men/

"In Taoism, this is a very important centre, for it serves as the junction with the Belt Channel, which encircles the body horizontally, and is activated during higher stages of Taoist practice."

http://www.kheper.net/topics/chakras/Door_of_Life.htm

BUMP

This post from Exorcist_1699 today.

For example, without having successfully initialized embryonic breathing, there is no way of claiming any success in doing the micro-cosmic circulation; in fact, many people are just circulating the qi in the channels but claim themselves doing the circulation ... The point is, the deeply hidden root of all these qi circulating in our body comes from the invisible gate : Mengmen(the gate of life,"命門") ..without the open of it, saying that by just circulating ordinary qi can make us live forever, of course, is not true.

Sorry for bumping, but for some reason I am being pointed to look more into the mingmen.

How does one know when the mingmen is felt by the awareness/attention?

Now that I think of it, all of my life I have had these sensations called spinal shivers.

I guess everyone has felt them. The classic term when someone is scared is 'it sent shivers up my spine'.

Anyway I had a shiver before and it seemed to originate from the mingmen and travel simultaneously downwards to the tail bone and up towards the brain.

Sorry for bumping, but for some reason I am being pointed to look more into the mingmen.

Taiji will get that area to open /close rhythmically to pulsing sensation. Just a minimal movement. Then that can be done in walking. If you can do that it gives tremendous energy for hiking etc.

It is essential for rooting as well. For a mechanical body alignment the open position created by tucking the tail bone is essential. Very gentle tucking of the tailbone is all that is necessary. Then it is easy to take a push to your stance and lead it down to the feet. Or rhythmically arching and flattening the back to the floor or wall by tucking the tailbone under. Don't create a lean in the upper body though. Look at yourself in a mirror in a side perspective. Try it also sitting. Also do the common lifting at the top of the head elongating the neck. Again a minimal movement.

I'm a big believer in the importance of the ming men.

For me I find it a pretty easy area to focus my mind and as a 'doorway' to the dantian. Right there in the small of the back. Whenever I put my mind there my awareness becomes less linearly focused and I achieve more of '360 degree' consciousness. So that's one way you might tell. Warmth in the dantian is also a good sign.

Thank you for all your pointers.

I seem to have had a lot of fire in the mingmen, but not the LDT. I have felt the same fire to a greater extent in the MDT.

Maybe I am mistaking the mingmen heat for the LDT. The spot seems directly in between the kidneys, touching the spinal cord.

Thank you for all your pointers.

I seem to have had a lot of fire in the mingmen, but not the LDT. I have felt the same fire to a greater extent in the MDT.

Maybe I am mistaking the mingmen heat for the LDT. The spot seems directly in between the kidneys, touching the spinal cord.

within the realm of possibility that you're letting your attention wander too much?

focus properly on the LDT and harmonize the breath structures and it'll generate heat - but if your mind is off somewhere else (even another energetic point) then it will dilute what you are doing. .02 :)

within the realm of possibility that you're letting your attention wander too much?

focus properly on the LDT and harmonize the breath structures and it'll generate heat - but if your mind is off somewhere else (even another energetic point) then it will dilute what you are doing. .02 :)

Yes I am very open to that possibility.

Also I want to add that normally the fire starts in areas that I am not even concentrating on. For example, yesterday the soles of my feet went hot and I rarely focus on them at all.

Yes I am very open to that possibility.

Also I want to add that normally the fire starts in areas that I am not even concentrating on. For example, yesterday the soles of my feet went hot and I rarely focus on them at all.

I'd say it would be beneficial to access the Ming Men via the navel, and follow the line from the navel to the mingmen until it meets the spine. The actual cavity is on the internal side of the spine, and focusing on it indirectly is much more efficient. In addition, coupling this point with the Hui Yin is beneficial not only for the overall aplitude of Jing in the lower Jiao, but for the reproductive organs as well.

h