SiliconValley

Shaktipat

So I don't want to be misunderstood as a racist or low IQ hater. I hear the Tao being used on this thread and that leads to a Tao discussion (name of this forum) as is wont to happen.

Well lucky it's a fast moving thread because if I had noticed your earlier "nomadic people = low IQ" post before you posted the above I would have suspended you. It was quite offensive. Perhaps you would consider editing it to make your point less likely to be misunderstood.

(Edit: Thank you for doing so _/\_ )

Relax and Chill. The name that can be named is not the one true name and all that stuff :)

Edited by Mal
to say thank you

I agree. from the PINNED insult policy

No personal insults.

It is totally fine to vocally disagree with a person's opinion, technique, politics, approach, lifestyle choice, etc.

But no insulting (or links to attacks) of individuals

Raymond is on a little vacation.

• Like 1

I can't really comment on whether certain terms should be used interchangeably or not, or whether what S & S are doing is Shaktipat or a simple Chi transmission. It's beyond my current knowledge. I think there is some validity in pointing out that the cultural conceptions of various energies and essences does contain differences, and thus can affect how you work with it.

On the other hand, we now live in an era which is more globally connected. Many traditional methods were created within cultures that used to be more isolated. Starting from a traditional base can be good, but becoming more eclectic as one grows to me seems like a rational method for the times.

In addition, I spent an entire year trapped in suicidal depression, and KAP was the main thing which managed to help me break out of it. For that I'm eternally grateful.

I'll stop my shameless cheer-leading now. :rolleyes:

"My childhood left me hating the word "God". I tend to have a physical "gut" reaction hearing it and have real difficulty not associating it with Christianity and stuff from my past.

It has taken me many years to try and work through this and I don't think I'll ever fully get over it."

- Me neither :lol: I even have a problem with men with beards as a result. Oops, Mal, forgot you have one :lol: No offence.

We're still on the issue of projecting shakti vs chi? I reckon the best way to nix that issue is to get to study with teachers that do both.

There are a bunch here to pick from, pick one depending on who you feel is sufficiently whatever you think is "teacherlike" - although I also see value in picking teachers who offend me just a little bit. This is a neat sign my ego has hit an edge somewhere. You don't have to join a group to do it (and I argue for going it alone where possible to avoid/mitigate some of the tricks of the cult trade).

Then one will have some subjective experience to come back and discuss. It's hard to call BS if you've never tried, or practiced, or practiced enough (I realise "enough" is by definition not a conveniently measurable unit.)

One can not wrestle with a demon and one can not wrestle with God and not learn something...

I can't really comment on whether certain terms should be used interchangeably or not, or whether what S & S are doing is Shaktipat or a simple Chi transmission. It's beyond my current knowledge. I think there is some validity in pointing out that the cultural conceptions of various energies and essences does contain differences, and thus can affect how you work with it.

On the other hand, we now live in an era which is more globally connected. Many traditional methods were created within cultures that used to be more isolated. Starting from a traditional base can be good, but becoming more eclectic as one grows to me seems like a rational method for the times.

In addition, I spent an entire year trapped in suicidal depression, and KAP was the main thing which managed to help me break out of it. For that I'm eternally grateful.

I'll stop my shameless cheer-leading now. :rolleyes:

CheerLead all you want to. Express your self as you feel right to do so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEvPwWjRyg8

experience evolves everything.

No book no "tradition" that is dead will take you where you want to be. You have to learn from the experience itself and the people tat experience daily. You either have "SHAKTI"/CHI/ KI/ MANA/ PRANA/JUICE etc or you dont.

No book no "tradition" that is dead will take you where you want to be. You have to learn from the experience itself and the people tat experience daily. You either have "SHAKTI"/CHI/ KI/ MANA/ PRANA/JUICE etc or you dont.

Thank you for caring a lot!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YLfGBKO8vOc

Peace all,

Rob

( It's a dirty job but someones gotta do it)

Yes!

But who's paying attention?

I would echo a lot she says and there are points I would diverge. Personally, I think Shakti should be shared. Shakti wants to be shared. I don't think you can stop from sharing no matter what you stage of development. Like the song we used to sing in Sunday School at church when we were very little:

Just for the record,

:lol:

well-placed, and perfect timing on this one, Susan! i was bowled over with laughter and bliss just listening to it!

so yeah, thanks for that! ;)

Free Meditation & Global Shaktipat & Healing for More Health, Prosperity, Abundance, Success & Removal of all Obstacles * August 6th 11pm Via Skype *

Just for the record,

:lol:

well-placed, and perfect timing on this one, Susan! i was bowled over with laughter and bliss just listening to it!

so yeah, thanks for that! ;)

thanks for reminding me again :)

The energy of Love is everywhere no matter what we call it or how we want to define it :wub::

Bliis and ecstasy are so subversive to the dominant paradigm. Let's be revolutionaries of love.

shakti love and blessings,

s

now back to busy work... :D

Edited by ShaktiMama

So I am cleaning out my computer files and I came across this writing. I wrote this 10 years ago after one of my experiences with Kali Ma.

Since people voiced wanting to hear more about experiences I am posting this. It is just as alive with her presence as it was when I first wrote it.

May you be open to receive.

love,

s

After crying buckets of tears last night I was laying on my bed. I saw a black woman appear to me in my sight. She had a dark green top on, something around her head like a crown of horns, and was waving something that looked like a long paddle back and forth. She kept sticking her tongue way out of her mouth and shaking her head at me. She looked very tribal. I was startled and did not understand.

Soon she began smiling and laughing at me and jumping up and down on my chest. Then she disappeared.I became aware of that place on my back and it 'unfolded'. It unfolded into the most delicate, exquisite feeling of pure bliss that I had never felt before. It was stunning. My body gasped and moaned and my back arched. It shivered as I thought my body must be levitating off of my bed.

I felt wondefully delicate liquid light begin to climb softly and gently up my spine in little falling droplets. It was exquiste, like tiny footsteps leaving a trail of joy. The delicate, softly glowing crystalline structure rose to sit at the back of my throat. It was humming ,humming, humming so softly I could barely hear it but it made my jaw bone vibrate with its exquisite bliss. Soon it moved forward and came to rest in my chin bone where my teeth slightly began to chatter from the humming in my bone.

I could feel the soft blue glow filling my cells, traveling along my neural pathways. It grew from my chin, feeling the pressure of its size growing past the roof of my mouth into my brain.

I lay quietly in this delicate and powerful state of bliss for hours. Each person I thought of appeared to me as a beautiful, pale mandala of color feeling their thoughts and emotions, watching them pass by.

I rise from my bed this morning, retaining the softly quiet echo of such beautiful bliss throughout my body. Something major has transpired and I am not the same person who laid down to sleep last night. My body shivers with exquisite ecstasy.

I love my love and my life loves me.

(2000)

Hi, I participated in the last global shaktipat you did on Skype during the full moon. I'll be at the New York KAP later this month!

I didn't know what to expect but I started feeling a heat or a coolness(it felt like both) in my midsection and I started sweating profusely. I was blown away by the love and gratitude that was expressed by the people on the chat. I never imagined that there could be that much emotion coming through a chat.

since that meditation I've been noticing subtle differences in how I'm thinking and in my energy practice.

One of the things I've been thinking about is how there is an energy that goes along with the words we speak. Susan, you've talked about this in earlier posts on the Tao Bums website. how people who are sensitive to that kind of thing can be really hurt when someone insults them. and I've definitely noticed that when people speak, there is a feeling to it.

as people, we get feelings all the time. I was listening to music last night and noticing how significant the difference in feeling is between different peices of music. I'm reminded of brief email correspondences I've had with Tao Semko and how a very short message from him feels totally different from a similar email sent to me by someone else. is it a difference in energy that I'm feeling?

with the secret smile, we bring up a strong emotion and move it through our body. does this mean that energy is the same thing as a feeling? that whenever we have a feeling, we are simply being aware of energy?

how do you tell the difference between what is your own feeling and response versus the feeling that is carried within the music or the voice of whoever's speaking, or the email?

Many Thanks

Hi, I participated in the last global shaktipat you did on Skype during the full moon. I'll be at the New York KAP later this month!

I didn't know what to expect but I started feeling a heat or a coolness(it felt like both) in my midsection and I started sweating profusely. I was blown away by the love and gratitude that was expressed by the people on the chat. I never imagined that there could be that much emotion coming through a chat.

since that meditation I've been noticing subtle differences in how I'm thinking and in my energy practice.

One of the things I've been thinking about is how there is an energy that goes along with the words we speak. Susan, you've talked about this in earlier posts on the Tao Bums website. how people who are sensitive to that kind of thing can be really hurt when someone insults them. and I've definitely noticed that when people speak, there is a feeling to it.

as people, we get feelings all the time. I was listening to music last night and noticing how significant the difference in feeling is between different peices of music. I'm reminded of brief email correspondences I've had with Tao Semko and how a very short message from him feels totally different from a similar email sent to me by someone else. is it a difference in energy that I'm feeling?

with the secret smile, we bring up a strong emotion and move it through our body. does this mean that energy is the same thing as a feeling? that whenever we have a feeling, we are simply being aware of energy?

how do you tell the difference between what is your own feeling and response versus the feeling that is carried within the music or the voice of whoever's speaking, or the email?

Many Thanks

Looking forward to seeing you. I don't recognize people by their board name so please be sure you come up and introduce yourself to me and Santi.

Yes, feelings can be felt through an email, music, etc. Sometimes on this board I have to take a little break because it feels like I am being pummeled with a stick for example.

By the nature what I do I keep myself very open and vulnerable to be able to assist people better. It's a two edged sword.

I am of the belief that emotions and energy are intertwined. I don't think they are the same thing but they are associated with each other. So when an emotion is stirred up, for the sensitive they will also feel energy movement as well. The skill is to learn to let that emotion and its associated energies continue on its way out of the body/spirit/mind complex and not to hold on to it.

Have you ever noticed being in a room with a bunch of people and one person can come into a room and clear it all out? Conversely, you can be in a room of people and one person can walk in and it changes the energy of the room into a more communal and welcoming space?

Part of the process of kundalini awakening is we become more sensitive to the energies around us. We can pick up people's thoughts, feelings, intents easily. In the higher martial arts that is a great skill to develop. If you are a regular non martial person it can be a bother.

We will be teaching techniques to handle these sort of things in KAP. Please make sure to bring that issue up in class if we haven't talked about it by Saturday. One needs to work on making your wei chi field stronger for one.

Also we can work on being non-attached to events and so our energies/feelings don't attract those kind of experiences into our lives.

Practice, practice, practice discernment to figure out what's what. It takes time. Can you honestly look at yourself and say, "where did that come from? That is not like me at all." Sometimes it is and that's why you might have a reality check with a group of friends or someone who's opinion you trust. Sometimes that is not reliable too. You have to ask yourself if that is reasonable what you are feeling or perceiving. Sometimes it is not.

I was in a group one day and this one student was just being a big jerk and had been since the retreat started. She said that was our problem and she was just mirroring back our stuff to ourselves. In other words she was saying we are the jerks, not her. So the teacher said, "who in the class thinks So and So is being an asshole?"Everyone in the class raised their hands.

She gathered up her belongings and left the class and did not come back rather than clearing that up.

Tao is an awesome guy and teacher. He is yin to Santiago's yang. He has lovely energy.

I am glad we could be of service in the Shaktipat chat. We are doing them differently that we used to. Now we let the participants lead the chat whereas it used to be more leader oriented. Actually, we just sit back and just do the transmission and watch where it goes.

hope that helps some...see you soon

^_^

s

"I keep myself very open and vulnerable to be able to assist people better. It's a two edged sword."

Does it have to be? I agree with the sensitivity thing and find I need to spend time "housecleaning" after being in certain company. I can only shudder when I imagine a weekend seminar :ninja:

I came across a neat "cord-cutting" exercise. It's interesting to see "who" shows up when you call them in to cut them off. Sometimes I will even physically clean my house after a visit or an event I feel is encroaching.I suspect all it does is make me feel back in control of my space. Good enough :)

Would having the requisite boundaries in place really reduce your capacity to help?

"I keep myself very open and vulnerable to be able to assist people better. It's a two edged sword."

Does it have to be? I agree with the sensitivity thing and find I need to spend time "housecleaning" after being in certain company. I can only shudder when I imagine a weekend seminar :ninja:

I came across a neat "cord-cutting" exercise. It's interesting to see "who" shows up when you call them in to cut them off. Sometimes I will even physically clean my house after a visit or an event I feel is encroaching.I suspect all it does is make me feel back in control of my space. Good enough :)

Would having the requisite boundaries in place really reduce your capacity to help?

Much love to you for your concern.

I am only human. It is is hard for me to be otherwise. I do have my own process to keep clean but sometimes being continually battered it leaves me exhausted. My final solution for that boundary setting would be to go live in a retreat somewhere. Not practical for a teacher. I remember reading recently once how a modern Buddhist teacher was so exhausted from his teaching tour he took FIVE years off to replenish and restore before resuming.

I can empathize.

And, I am still a work in progress. Santi and I help each other out with things like this. The teachers have to take care of each other. We do a lot of healing and prayers for each other. It is very helpful or otherwise I would have said "I am outta here!" I have done that once already. I said I would never come back. Santi was very persuasive as were some others of Glenn's deshi.

s